使得商♥铺♥超过两天无法营业
…shutting down commerce for more than two days.
走,走 文件在吗?
– Go, go, go. – Are the papers here?
他想知道文件在不在
– He wanted to know if the papers are here. – I don’t care what he wants.
我才不在乎他要什么
但这并没有阻止罗伯特·福特
Yet this wouldn’t prevent Robert Ford…
去参加克里廷顿州长
…from presenting himself to Governor Crittenden…
周三为克莱格步♥枪♥队举♥行♥庆功晚会
…at the Craig Rifles Ball on Wednesday.
并和州长会面
I deem it a great privilege on this glorious occasion…
趁着这个难得的机会
我想公开表扬
…to recognize publicly…
亨利·克莱格队长那机智迅速的行动
…the intelligent and effective assistance…
协助我和密苏里州
…that Captain Henry Craig has rendered the state of Missouri and myself…
在杰克森县
…in our joint quest to rid Jackson County…
消灭詹姆斯匪帮
…of the James band.
克莱格队长的任务
The task that Captain Craig has assumed…
是需要无所畏惧,高度警惕
…will require fearless courage, extraordinary vigilance…
方法适当,才能完成的
…and an unerring selection of instrumentalities.
我妻子暗示我,话说到这里就够了
Well, I’ve gotten the signal from my wife that enough is enough.
但是,最后我还想
However, before I sit…
希望大家和我一起
…I would like to ask you to join me in a toast…
向这位密苏里州的儿子
…to a great son of the state of Missouri…
我的朋友,亨利·克莱格祝酒
…my friend, Henry Craig. – Here, here.
恭喜,恭喜
是啊
Yes.
告诉我的律师吧
Just let my attorney know.
那是谁?是谁?
Who is that? Who is it?
走开
Get out of the way now.
你惹的麻烦太多了
You know, you’re more goddamn trouble than you’re worth, Bob.
我只是想打个招呼而已
I was just gonna say hello.
不行啊,鲍勃,所以把你带下来了
No, you weren’t gonna do that, Bob. That’s not why you’re down here.
你以为你是在晚会上华丽亮相的美女?
You think it’s your goddamn coming-out. You think you’re the belle of the ball.
上楼去,别暴露了身份,小混♥蛋♥
Now you get upstairs and try to keep your identity secret, you silly little bastard.
适当时州长会见你的,带他上楼
The governor’ll see you in good time. Take him up, boys.
之后,鲍勃会被不停地盘问
Bob would later be cross-examined repeatedly…
解释他和警方做的交易
…about the exact nature of the deal he had made with the authorities.
但他的回答总是自相矛盾
And he was never consistent in his recollections.
我妻子睡在隔壁房♥间睡,轻点说话
My wife’s asleep in the other room, so let’s speak as quietly as we can.
你是迪克·利秃吧?
So you’re Dick Little.
利都
Liddil.
什么?
I beg your pardon?
是D的音
I spell it with two D’s.
他向我们全盘道出了
He’s given us a full confession, governor.
报纸还没知道
Newspapers haven’t caught onto it yet.
您向他保证,会给他特赦
And you’ve guaranteed him a conditional pardon…
赦免他犯的所有抢劫罪
…and amnesty for all the robberies he’s committed.
你是罗伯特·福特?
You Robert Ford?
多大了?
How old are you?
二十
Twenty.
你也向汀布莱克警长投降了?
You surrender to Sheriff Timberlake as well?
不是,他哥哥查理·福特才是…
No, no, governor. That’s his brother, Charley Ford, he’s in the James Gang.
詹姆斯匪帮的匪徒
和小鲍勃没关系
But little Bob here, we got nothing on Bob.
他只是充当一个
He’s just acting in capacity as a…
秘密警探而已
…private detective.
杰西·詹姆斯上个月给我打了电报
Jesse James sent me a telegram last month…
说就算要拆了一整辆火车
…saying he’d kill me if he had to wreck a train to do it.
他都要逮着我、杀了我
他说要是逮到我,他会挖我的心
He said once I got in his hands, he’d cut my heart out…
像熏肉那样撕了吃
…and eat it in strips like it was bacon.
我会先拆掉他的火车
I’ll wreck his train first.
抱歉,州长大人,我在想别的事情
I’m sorry, Your Excellency. I was thinking about something else.
杰西·詹姆斯只是一个匪徒
Jesse James is nothing more than a public outlaw…
打家劫舍,臭名远扬
…who made his reputation by stealing whatever he wanted…
谁挡他的道就杀谁
…killing whoever got in his way.
有的傻瓜说他是在报复
You’ll hear some fools say he’s getting back at Republicans and Union men…
共和党人和联邦政♥府♥人
因为内战时他的家人遭了不少罪
…for the wrongs his family suffered during the war.
但他甚少根据政♥治♥立场挑选受害人
But his victims have scarcely been selected with reference to their political views.
我跟你们说,他的罪孽很快会遭报应
I’m saying his sins will soon find him out.
他造的孽也快到头了
I’m saying his cup of iniquity is full.
杰西·詹姆斯是个极端案件
I’m saying Jesse James is a desperate case…
也需要极端的制裁
…and may require a desperate remedy.
那您就找对人了
Y’all got the right man for the job.
快走呀
Come on. Come on, now.
快走
Come on, now.
你有没有想过自杀?
Have you ever considered suicide?
没有吧,总是有想做的事
I can’t say that I have. There’s always something else I wanted to do.
有时事情有转机,我会换个角度看
Or my predicaments changed, or I saw my hardships from a different slant.
以后的事谁能预料,自杀太不值得
You know all what can happen. It never seemed respectable.
告诉你吧,有一件事是肯定的
I’ll tell you one thing that’s for certain.
你见过阴间之后,就不介意死了
You won’t mind dying once you’ve peeked over the other side.
你不会再想回到你的身体里
You’ll no more wanna go back to your body than…
你吐出来的东西就不会再吃回去
…you’d wanna spoon up your own puke.
嘿,我们计划抢银行的话
Hey, since we’re looking to rob banks…
不如再加一个人
…I was wondering if we could add another fella to the gang…
下次干活的时候好保着命呀
…and sort of see if we couldn’t come out of our next job alive.
鲍勃想知道,他下次能不能和我们
Bob wanted to know could he ride with us next time we took on a savings bank or…
一起去打劫银行或者…
打劫银行或者…
A savings bank or a…
火车
A railroad.
鲍勃看起来虽然挺小的
Bob isn’t much more than a boy to most appearances.
但他资质还是挺好的
But there’s about two tons of sand in him.
必要时候,他会使枪
And he’ll stand with a shooter when that’s what’s called for.
他挺机灵的,心思挺细的
And he’s smart too. He’s about as intricate as they come.
我见过这孩子,你忘了?
You forget I already met the kid.
他很仰慕你
Hell, he surely thinks highly of you.
所有美国人都仰慕我
All of America thinks highly of me.
但是,要找第三个人作帮手
Still, not like you got two million names to snatch out of a sock…
也不是说随手拈来的吧?
…whenever you need a third man.
你在努力说服我
I can see you trying to wear me down on this.
我就是这个意思
That’s my main intention.
他们密谋在内布拉斯加…
Robberies would be conceived but never carried out…
科罗拉多、密苏里州
…in Nebraska, Colorado and Missouri.
进行抢劫,但都没有行动
这时…
During this time…
亨利·克雷格指示罗伯特·福特
…Henry Craig enjoined Robert Ford to return to Elias’ Grocery Store in Richmond…
回到伊莱亚在里士满的杂货店
并在那等候詹姆斯警长的指示
…and await instructions from Sheriff James Timberlake.
好,三罐…
All right, three cans…
桃子,两罐
…peaches. Two cans…
两罐豌豆
Two cans sifted peas.
一瓶
One bottle…
玛丽牌精华露,半…
…Mary’s Morning Tonic, and a half…
半袋面粉
Half a sack of flour.
马上回来
I’ll be right with you.
我没见过他的任何踪迹
I haven’t seen any sign of him.
你知道他住在哪里吗?
Well, do you know where he’s living?
不知道
No.
不知道?
No?
我不知道他是怎么做到…
Well, I can’t guess how he does it…
总是对一切了如指掌的
…but he is always knowledgeable about what’s going on.
他会知道我在这里见你
He’s gonna know I’ve been here with you. You ought to take that for granted.
你该做好这个心理准备
一有机会,他就会杀掉你
And he will kill you if he gets the chance.
你愿意冒这个险吗?
Are you willing to risk that?
愿意
Yes, I am.
我这辈子都那么不起眼
I’ve been a nobody all my life.
永远当我是个小孩
I was the baby.
答应我的事情也没实现过
I was the one they made promises to that they never kept.
我记忆中…
And ever since I can remember it, Jesse James has been as big as a tree.
杰西·詹姆斯永远那么高大显赫
我准备好了,吉姆
I’m prepared for this, Jim…
我会完成任务的
…and I’m gonna accomplish it.
我知道这是我唯一的机会
I know I won’t get but this one opportunity…
我保证不会把这事毁了的
…and you can bet your life I’m not gonna spoil it.
那么…