没想到他对我心怀怨恨
How could I have known he had a grudge against me?
没想到他为赢得我欢心,谎话连篇
How could I have known he was lying to get on my good side?
我说:乔治,加入吧,很高兴你入伙
I said, “George, come on aboard. Glad to have you.”
乔治以为自己很聪明,但其实不然
George thought he was smart, except he wasn’t.
有天早上,乔治进来营地
One morning, George rides into camp…
就有二十来支枪指着他
…and about 20 guns open up on him.
乔治只有一只眼
See, old George, he only had one eye. You gotta have two eyes, you wanna get Jesse.
杰西得有两只眼
你不该把我和乔治·谢坡德相提并论
You ought not think of me like you do George Shepherd.
你让我想起了他
You brought him to mind.
这不是什么抬举我的话
Well, it’s not very flattering.
饭做得真好吃,玛莎
Sure is good eating, Martha.
你喜欢就好
Well, I’m so glad you enjoyed it.
乔治为什么会对你心怀怨恨?
How come George had a grudge against you?
我问你呢,乔治怎么会对你心怀怨恨?
I said, how come George had a grudge against you?
乔治有个侄子
Well, you see, George had a nephew he wanted me to protect during the war.
他想让我在内战时保护他侄子
那人身上有5000美元
This nephew had 5000 dollars on him.
结果他被杀了,钱也被抢光
It just so happens he winds up killed and someone swipes that money.
乔治蹲监狱时,有人偷偷告诉他:
And when George is in prison, someone whispers to him:
是杰西·詹姆斯杀了那孩子
“It was Jesse James slit the boy’s throat.”
只是些流言蜚语吧?
It was just mean gossip, was it?
鲍勃是这方面专家,请教他吧
Bob’s the expert. Let’s put it to him.
哦,天啊,我惹恼他了
Oh, dear, I made him cranky.
我没生气,只是以前我经历过这种事
I’m not cranky. I just been through this before is all.
周围的人都嘲笑我,没完没了
Most people get around on making fun of me. They don’t ever let up.
某人真够怕羞的
Someone’s getting awful fresh over there.
女人,闭嘴行吗
Woman, shut your face for once.
我不想你溜回房♥间生闷气
Don’t want you to skip off to your room and pout…
你还不知道我为什么过来这边
…without knowing why I come by for this visit.
为什么?想给我们道歉
Why? So you could tell us how sorry you are…
因为你揍了我堂弟艾伯特一顿?
…you had to slap our cousin Albert around?
我过来
I come by…
是想问你们两兄弟
…to ask if one of you two Fords…
想不想和我一起上路
…would care to ride with me in a journey or two.
我看都觉得应该选查理吧
I guess we both agree it ought to be Charley.
你太急躁了点
You’ve been acting sort of testy.
你最近有没有见过伍德·海特?
Have you seen Wood Hite lately?
没有
No. Not at all.
这炖菜里肯定加了松鼠肉
I swear that stew had some squirrel meat in it.
还在和他吵? 对
– Still arguing with you, is it? – Yeah.
你是查尔斯·福特? 是,太太
– You’re Charles Ford? – Yes, ma’am.
我们以前见过
You’ve seen me once or twice before.
我有封乔治·海特寄来的信
I got a letter from George Hite.
他找不到他儿子了
He hasn’t seen hide nor hair of him.
你说你没见过伍德?
And you say you haven’t seen Wood?
我想不出来他能去哪
No, l… I can’t imagine where he could be.
是吗?
Yeah?
睡够了没?
You finished with your sleeping?
如果没什么事,我想多睡几小时
I could use a couple more hours if it’s no trouble.
好吧
Yeah.
我内心一直挣扎,不知该不该告诉你
I been holding a discussion with myself over if I ought to tell you this or no.
但最后我善良的一面赢了
My good side won out and…
我想把事情说清楚
Well, I wanna make a clean breast of things.
可是我现在脑子还不太清楚
Yeah, my mind’s a little cobwebby is the only drawback.
我还想再…再睡一会
I could use a little… A little more sleep.
你知道我去了肯德基州吧?
You know I went to Kentucky?
知道
Yeah.
我回来途经萨林县
I come back through Saline County and…
我想…
…I think to myself:
不如去看看艾德·米勒吧?
“Why not stop by and see Ed Miller?”
我就去看了
So I do.
不过结果我不太满意
Well, things are not to my satisfaction.
艾德为了某些事,惶惶终日的
Ed’s got himself all worked up over something.
我看得出来,他在扯谎
I can see that he’s lying like a rug.
我就对自己说:适可而止吧
So I say to myself, “Enough’s enough.”
我对艾德说:艾德
And I say to Ed, “Come on, Ed.
咱们出去走走吧
Let’s go for a ride.”
你明白我说什么吗?
You understand what I’m saying?
出去走走就是…
Going for a ride is like…
出去走走就是给他苦头吃的意思?
Going for a ride is like giving him what-for?
正是
Exactly.
那么…
So…
艾德和杰西…
…Ed and Jesse…
在路上吵起来了
…they argue on the road.
你有没有数过星星?
Did you ever count the stars?
我每次数的都不一样,它们不停在变
I can’t ever get the same number. They keep changing on me.
我连星星到底是什么都不清楚
I don’t even know what a star is exactly.
你的身体知道
Well, your body knows.
只是你的心忘记了
It’s your mind that forgot.
你先走,我会追上你的
You go on ahead, partner. I’ll catch up with you.
没事
It’s okay.
没事的,亲爱的,没事
It’s okay, sweetheart. It’s okay.
吵到紧要关头上
And when push came to shove…
杰西一枪把艾德给毙了
…Jesse shot and killed him.
杰西杀了他
Jesse did.
你猜对了
You got it.
你…
You…
你看
So, you see, your…
你堂弟,我没拿他怎么样
Your cousin, he got off easy.
只是跟他玩玩而已
I was just playing with Albert.
是啊,我有时候也弄得他直嚷嚷
Yeah, I made him squeal once or twice myself.
只是没你那么彻底而已
I’m just not as thorough as you are.
作为交换,你有故事要告诉我吗?
You got a tale to swap with me now?
我不明白你意思
I don’t get your meaning.
我觉得,如果你也有什么事要坦白
Seems to me, if you have something to confess in exchange…
那你最好…
…it’d only be right…
现在就马上告诉我
…that you’d spit it out now.
我想不出有什么事情
I can’t think of a single thing.
比如,伍德·海特?
About Wood Hite, for example.
我不会…都跟你说,我不知道他去了哪
I’m not gonna… I been saying over and over I can’t figure out where he’s gone.
我不能睁眼说瞎话啊
Now, I’m not gonna change my story just to have something to spit.
那你弟弟怎会不安? 哪个弟弟?
– Why was your brother so agitated? – Which?
鲍勃
Bob.
他一向都那样
That’s just his way. He’s antsy.
知道吧?
You know?
你继续睡觉吧
You go on back to sleep now.
你现在倒让我不安了
You got me agitated now, you see?
是啊,杰西在的时候,谁都安定不了
Yeah, just ain’t no peace when old Jesse’s around.
我老婆真可怜
You ought to pity my poor wife.
艾德·米勒是我的好朋友
Ed Miller was a good friend of mine.
有一次打扑克,他把我介绍给你
He introduced me to you at that one poker game.
你若真想听实话,我就跟你说
I’m a little angry with you, if you wanna know the God’s honest truth.
我有点生你的气
你也该可怜一下我
You ought to pity me too.
为了证明和詹姆斯匪帮有联♥系♥
As proof of his confederacy with the James Gang, Bob told the authorities…
鲍勃告诉警方
…that Dick Liddil was sleeping over at the rented farmhouse…
迪克·利都正在一家租来的农舍
他的腿受伤了,在疗伤
…while his ruined leg mended.
还画了一幅哈比森庄园的地图
And then, created a map of the Harbison property…
只是没画上他们埋藏…
…leaving out the creek where Wood Hite’s remains now moldered.
伍德·海特尸体的那条小溪
你们被包围了!
Right, you boys are cornered!
乖乖地出来,就不会受伤!
Come on out peaceably and nobody’ll get shot up!
别开枪
Don’t shoot!
快出来
Come on out and show yourself!
哈罗
Hello.
逮到他了
We got him.
克尔特手♥枪♥给我
Give me that Colt, son.
好了 安德鲁·詹姆斯·利都
– All right. – Andrew James Liddil…
我有你的逮捕令
…I have a warrant here for your arrest…
那个周日,2月19日
Snowstorms would move over Missouri that Sunday, February 19th…
暴风雪席卷了密苏里州