Well, you gonna look inside?
今天是愚人节
It’s April Fools’ Day, you know.
这可不是个玩笑
It ain’t no joke.
太华丽了
Oh, such extravagance.
闪亮亮的,是吧?
Don’t that nickel just shine, though?
我做梦都没想过
It’s more than I could hope for.
你那老破枪,说不定下次开枪的时候
I figured that granddaddy Colt may blow into fragments…
就得崩成一块一块的了
…next time you try to squeeze the trigger.
你也许说的对
Well, you might have something there.
汤姆,饭好了
Tom, supper’s ready.
马上来,亲爱的
I’ll be right there, sweetheart.
我太兴奋了,都吃不下饭了
I might be too excited to eat.
你知道约翰·纽曼·爱德华兹…
You know what John Newman Edwards once wrote about me?
曾经怎么写我吗?
他说,给我一万个人…
He said I didn’t trust two men in 10,000…
我只能找出两个能信任的人
就算和这俩人一起,我还是很警惕
…and even them I was cautious around.
政♥府♥长年追捕,让我疲惫不堪
Government’s sort of run me ragged.
我绕着圈子说话呢
I’m going the long way around the barn to say that…
我是被追急了,最近有时故意刁难人
…I been feeling cornered and just plain ornery as of late…
如果你能接受这把枪,接受我的歉意
…and I’d be pleased if you’d accept that gun as my way of apologizing.
我会很高兴的
如果我是你,我大概会更加刁难人
Heaven knows I’d be ornerier if I were in your position.
不,不,我的行为是不对的
No. No, I haven’t been acting correctly.
我有时候都认不出自己了
Seems I hardly recognize myself when I’m greased.
我有时候灵魂出窍
I go on journeys out of my body…
看到自己这染血的手和凶恶的脸
…and look at my red hands and my mean face…
看着这个做了那么多错事的人
…and I wonder about that man that’s gone so wrong.
我自己都已成了一个麻烦
I’ve been becoming a problem to myself.
唉
Well…
该吃饭了,我去洗手 去吧
– I better wash my hands if supper’s on. – Yeah, go ahead.
他死前一天,是主进圣城节
The day before he died was Palm Sunday.
汤玛斯·霍华德先生带着妻儿…
And Mr. And Mrs. Thomas Howard, their two children…
还有他们的表亲查尔斯·约翰森
…and their cousin Charles Johnson…
到第二长老会教堂参加10点的礼拜
…strolled to the Second Presbyterian Church to attend the 10:00 service.
鲍勃留在了屋里
Bob remained at the cottage…
偷偷从一个房♥间走到另一个房♥间
…and slyly migrated from room to room.
他走进主人房♥
He walked into the master bedroom…
把里面的衣服翻了一遍
…and inventoried the clothes on the hangers and hooks.
拿起化妆台上的一杯水,喝了一口
He sipped from the water glass on the vanity.
闻了闻杰西枕套上的滑石粉和丁香花
He smelled the talcum and lilacs on Jesse’s pillowcase.
他的手指滑过自己的肋骨
His fingers skittered over his ribs…
想像杰西那样,有两次中枪的伤疤
…to construe the scars where Jesse was twice shot.
他把中指弄成上两个关节没了那样
He manufactured a middle finger that was missing the top two knuckles.
想象自己34岁
He imagined himself at 34.
想象自己躺在了棺材里
He imagined himself in a coffin.
他想到各种各样
He considered possibilities…
即将成真的好事情
…and everything wonderful that could come true.
他不会杀我们的
He’s not gonna kill us.
他会的
Yeah, he is.
我会一直醒着,他就没法下手了
Well, I’ll stay awake so he can’t.
你在瞎想
You’re imagining things.
不会去什么普拉特市
Ain’t gonna be no Platte City.
杰西只是在耍我们
That’s Jesse fooling with us.
睡吧,查理
Go to sleep, Charley.
(1882年4月3日)
早
Morning.
查理
Charley.
鲍勃,你要吃多少?
Bob, how much did you want to eat?
我感觉有点怪怪的
I’m feeling sort of peculiar.
为什么那么感兴趣地看着我们?
Why is it you’re looking so interested?
你以为这样出去晃很聪明?
You think it’s intelligent to go out like that…
让大家都看见你的枪?
…so all creation can see your guns?
嗨
Hi.
来,看你妈妈在干嘛
Come on, let’s go see what your mama’s doing.
提米,开门
Timmy, get that door, would you?
你弄丢了一只鞋?亲爱的 是啊
– Well, you lost your shoe, sweetheart. – Yeah, I did.
那可麻烦了,商店也不单只卖♥♥呀
That’s gonna be a problem. They don’t sell those one at a time.
我们丢了一只鞋,妈妈
We lost a shoe, Mama.
帮爸爸穿上,好吗?
Will you put that up for Daddy, would you?
你在干嘛,丢了一只鞋? 嗯
– What you doing, you lose a shoe? – Yeah.
(迪克·利都被逮捕并认罪)
只会往上,作为补充
It’s only meant to go on top, to complement.
我知道,有时候,我
Yeah, I know. Sometimes, l…
鲍勃,菜要凉了
Bob, everything’s getting cold!
玛丽在哪? 在外面,亲爱的
– Where’s Mary? – She’s outside, darling.
玛丽?
Mary?
你说他那小脑瓜里都在想什么?
What do you think goes on in that noggin of his?
没什么
Nothing.
我说的是他,不是你
I was talking about his mind, not yours.
哦,是啊
Oh, yeah.
哈,我明白
Oh, I get it.
啊哈
Well, hello now.
“迪克·利都被逮捕并认罪”
“The arrest and confession of Dick Liddil.”
不是吧
You don’t say so.
真怪了
That’s very strange.
上面说迪克三星期前就投降了
Says here Dick surrendered three weeks ago.
那时候你应该在那附近吧
You must have been right in the neighborhood.
很明显,他们是秘密行动
Well, apparently, they kept it a secret.
如果我近期内去堪萨斯,会找人问问
If I get to Kansas City soon, I’ll ask somebody about it.
你俩准备好了吗?
You two ready?
马上就好
I will be, by noon.
她要上船,航行出海
There is a ship She sails the sea
她装了很多很多东西
She’s loaded deep As deep can be
但不及我对她的爱多
But not as deep As the love I’m in
我不知道我是浮是沉
I know not if I sink or swim
海水广阔
The water is wide
我游不过,也没法翱翔而过
I can’t cross o’er And neither have I wings to fly
给我一只能载两个人的小船
Give me a boat That can carry two
一起划船,我和我的爱人
Both shall row My love and I
柔情款款
For love is gentle And love is kind
如初开花蕾,芬芳扑鼻
Sweetest flower When first it’s new
但热情一旦冷却
But love grows old And waxes cold
就像晨露一样枯萎
And fades away Like the morning dew
她要上船,航行出海
There is a ship She sails the sea
我该把枪拿下来
I guess I’ll take my guns off…
别让邻居看到
…for fear the neighbors might spy them.
这画怎么那么多灰?
Don’t that picture look dusty?
你…你做了什么?
What have…? What have you done?
杰西
Jesse.
杰西?
Jesse?
杰西?
Jesse? Jesse?
杰西!
Jesse!
不!
No!
别,杰西
No. Jess…
回来,回来
Come back. Oh, come back.
杰西,不要!
Oh, Jesse! No!
鲍勃,是你干的吗?
Oh, Bob. Have you done this?!
我向上帝发誓,我没有
I swear to God I didn’t.
是场意外,芝
It was an accident, Zee.
枪走火了
Come on. Pistol went off accidentally.
写上我的名字
Put my name.
(州长:我杀了杰西·詹姆斯)
Why, what’d you do? I shot him.
你做什么了?我杀了他
(罗伯特·福特)
你大概会想留着它
You might wanna keep that.
谢谢
Thank you all very much.
照片以每张2美元的价钱卖♥♥出
The resulting prints sold for 2 dollars apiece…
好些杂♥志♥拿来做了封面
…and were the models for the lithographed covers on a number of magazines.
成千的陌生人像着了魔一样
Soon a thousand strangers were making spellbound pilgrimages to the cottage…
都到这房♥子来朝圣
到森丹法邓的冷藏室去瞻仰
…or were venerating the iced remains in Seidenfaden’s cooling room.
有个人曾出价3万美元,想买♥♥下刺杀…
The man who offered 30,000 dollars for the body of President Garfield’s assassin…
加菲尔德·詹姆士总统那杀手的尸体
他给该市警长克雷格打电报出价5万
…sent a telegram to City Marshal Enos Craig offering 50,000…