And when you do, it’s nothing.
相信我,我回过老家,毫无意义
Believe me. I’ve done it. Nothing.
我已经决定了
My mind’s made up.
是我
It’s me.
看呐,朋友们
Look, my friends.
朋友们
My friends,
我是个可敬的人
I am a respectable man.
为了戈斯,我做了人情
For Gus, I do a favor, all right.
(悬赏珠宝盗窃疑犯)
– 看看报纸上的照片…- 艾迪,你是想要我们闪人吗?好吧
– With this picture in the paper — – You want us to blow, right, Eddie? Okay.
我们越早离开这里越好
The sooner we get out of here, the better.
我们的朋友艾迪要去鼓励举报的地方了
Our friend Eddie’s getting to the place where he’d talk with encouragement.
不,我不会举报的
Oh, no. I no talk.
否则戈斯会割破我的肚子
Gus cut my belly open.
朋友们,我很抱歉给你们带来这个坏消息
I’m sorry, my friends, to bring you this bad news.
– 我现在就走- 坐下,德纳托
– I go now, please. – Sit down, Donato.
我没叫你走,你哪里也不准去
You’re not going anyplace till I say so.
待着,艾迪
Stay put, Eddie.
只要你老实坐在这里并闭上你的嘴,就没人会伤害你
Nobody’s gonna hurt you so long as you sit still and keep your mouth shut.
我觉得是保险公♥司♥向警方告发了那个大骗子
The way I figure, the insurance guys must have sicced the cops on that big phony,
然后他就泄露了
and he spilled.
博士,你就不该阻止我一枪打死他
You never should’ve stopped me, Doc, when I was gonna blast him.
不,埃默瑞克没有泄露
No, Dix, he hasn’t spilled,
– 否则警方不会只找我一个人- 那是怎么回事?
– or they wouldn’t be looking for just me. – Then how come?
因为只有三、四个人能干此类大案子
Because there’s only three or four men who can manage a job like this.
警局里某个有点脑子的人已经认定我就是疑犯
Somebody in the department with a few brains has decided I’m the guy.
我已经想到这点了
I’ve been half expecting it.
我并不怎么担心
It doesn’t worry me much.
我们明天就能拿到钱
We’ll get our money tomorrow, you bet.
我希望如此
I hope so.
– 迪克斯,我们去哪里?- 我知道一个地方
– Where we going, Dix? – I know a place.
艾迪,如果你足够聪明,就当作从未见过我们
Eddie, if you’re a smart boy, you’ll forget you ever seen us.
– 我想见局长- 陈述你的目的
– I wanna see the commissioner. – State your business.
我是一个公民,如果我想那我就可以见局长,不是吗?
Look, I’m a citizen. I can see the commissioner if I want to, can’t I?
– 是关于瑞登施奈德吗?- 有可能
– Is it about Riedenschneider? – Could be.
那家伙当然在附近
He sure gets around, that guy.
大概有五千人在过去二十四小时内见过他
About 5,000 people have seen him in the last 24 hours.
你去那里排队等候,轮到你时你就可以讲了
If you get in that line over there and wait your turn, you can tell your story.
除局长以外我不会跟任何人讲
I won’t tell anybody but the commissioner.
好吧,伙计,坐下等候,但可能要花些时间
Okay, okay. Sit down and wait, buddy. But it may be some time.
好的
Okay.
我想要见局长
I’d like to see the commissioner.
你们要去哪里?
Where do you think you’re going?
– 我们正要回家- 是吗?
– We’re on our way home. – Yeah?
– 你们住在哪里?- 卡姆登南边
– Where do you live? – South on Camden.
你们没事别来这里,这里是市政♥府♥财产,到处都已标记
You guys got no business in here. This is city property. There are signs.
– 人人都在用- 可不是嘛
– Everybody uses it. – You’re telling me.
甚至一群恶棍都带年轻姑娘们来这里厮混
Even a bunch of hoodlums have been bringing young girls here.
– 那是真的吗?- 是的
– Is that a fact? – Yeah.
我们的一个同袍因为争执而丢了工作
It’s cost one of our boys his job on account of the beefs.
如果我是你们,我就会远离这里,明白吗?
If I were you guys, I’d stay out of here. You understand?
好的,警官
Okay, Officer.
嘿,等等
Hey, wait a minute.
你,拎包的那个,过来
You, with the bag, come here.
迪克斯
Oh, Dix.
迪克斯,亲爱的
Oh, Dix, honey.
你得原谅我
You’ll have to excuse me.
我吃了几片安♥眠♥药♥,我仍然感觉晕乎乎的
I took a couple of sleeping pills, and I guess I’m still kind of groggy.
我最近总睡不着,迪克斯
I haven’t been able to sleep much lately, Dix,
我担心着你的一切
worrying about you and everything.
我去过你住的地方,他们跟我说警方正在抓你
I was up at your place. They told me the cops were after you.
给我弄些冷水和毛巾,不要瞎扯了
Get me some cold water and some towels and stop yapping.
当然可以,迪克斯
Well, sure, Dix. Sure.
– 快点去- 好的
– Get a move on. – Oh, you bet.
花了那么长时间策划
Put in hours and hours of planning.
详细计算每一件事情,然后怎么样?
Figure everything down to the last detail. Then what?
防盗警报无缘无故地四处乱响
Burglar alarms start going off all over the place for no sensible reason.
一把枪自动开火,而一个人被击中
A gun fires of its own accord, and a man is shot,
还有一个下流老头,除了追求女孩子什么也不擅长
and a broken-down old harness bull, no good for anything but chasing kids,
这些差点绊倒我们,纯属意外
has to trip over us. Blind accident.
出现意外状况你能怎么办?
What can you do against blind accident?
我应该意识到但却没做的一件事就是埃默瑞克
One thing I ought to have figured and didn’t was Emmerich.
我知道我为什么没意识到,我不能再欺骗自己
I know why I didn’t. I’m not kidding myself.
是因为他承诺会给额外的钱
It was the extra dough he promised.
我太饥渴了,贪婪使我盲目
I got hungry. Greed made me blind.
嘿,迪克斯,他不就是报纸上悬赏的那个人吗?
Hey, Dix. Dix, isn’t he the one with the reward on him?
妳别管闲事
Mind your own business.
她证实了埃默瑞克说的话,深夜十一点半到三点,他们在一起
She confirmed what Emmerich said, that he was with her from 11:30 till 3:00.
– 她给你的印象如何?- 非常深刻
– How did she impress you? – Very much.
– 她真是个宝贝- 我不是这个意思
– She’s some babe. – That’s not what I mean.
她的态度坦率吗?
Was her manner straightforward?
噢,我猜她说的是真话
Oh, I guess she was telling the truth, all right.
结婚二十年了
Married 20 years.
却还包养一个足够做他孙女的年轻女人,真恶心
Consorting with a woman young enough to be his granddaughter. It’s disgusting.
但埃默瑞克这种人并不会让我惊讶
But nothing about Emmerich would surprise me.
他受过教育,懂得用脑子规避法律
Educated man who uses his brains to circumvent the law.
最差的一种人,不用为他辩解
Worst type of human being. No excuse for him.
– 局长,打扰一下- 什么事?
– Excuse me, Commissioner. – Well?
外面有个出租车司机在等候
There’s a taxi driver been waiting outside.
– 他说有一些重要情报- 关于什么的?
– Says he’s got some important information. – Concerning what?
我试过问他,但他说除你以外不会跟任何人讲
I-I tried to find out, but he wouldn’t talk to anyone but you.
他等候两个小时了
He’s been waiting two hours.
– 好吧,让他进来- 是,长官
– All right, send him in. – Yes, sir.
– 你叫什么名字?- 查尔斯·怀特
– What’s your name? – Charles Wright.
出租车司机工号♥14803,绿带公♥司♥
Hackie number 14803. Green Stripe Company.
你的情报是什么?
What’s this information you’ve got?
所有人都在找的那个小老头博士,他坐过我的车
The little doctor everybody’s looking for. I think I had him for a fare.
– 你把他载到了某个地方?- 现在我很肯定就是他
– You drove him someplace? – Well, now I’m pretty sure it was him
一周前的星期五,我在火车站载的他
I picked up at the station a week ago Friday.
– 16号♥星期五?- 是的,先生
– Friday the 16th? – Yes, sir.
– 你把他载到哪里?- 卡姆登西区的一个门牌号♥
– Where’d you take him? – To a number on Camden West.
我记得是因为我问过是否需要我等他
I remember because I asked if he wanted me to wait.
我认识的一个人在卡姆登西区被打劫过
I know a fella that got rolled once on Camden West.
他身上没钱,劫匪就抢走了他的裤子和鞋子
He didn’t have nothin’, so they stole his pants and shoes.
你把他载到哪里?门牌号♥是什么?
Where did you take him? What number?
4717,像是一间仓库,当时天很黑
4717. Kind of a storeroom. It was dark.
– 再说一遍门牌号♥?- 4717
– What’s that number again? – 4717.
局长,那里曾是个赌注登记场所
Used to be a bookie joint, Commissioner.
给我接通迪崔克警长
Get hold of Lieutenant Ditrich.
对,就是他
Yeah, that’s him.
刚开始我还觉得来这里是很傻的一件事
At first I thought I was making a fool of myself by coming here.
但那人就是他,局长
But that’s him all right, Commissioner.
– 你可能得到赏金,我希望如此- 迪崔克警长在一号♥线
– You may be in for a reward. I hope so. – Lieutenant Ditrich on one.
– 迪崔克,你在哪里?- 我在第四街车站,局长
– Where are you, Ditrich? – I’m at 4th Street Station, Commissioner.
现在办一张搜查令,然后去卡姆登西区4717号♥
All right. Now, get a search warrant and go to 4717 Camden West.
– 瑞登施奈德去过那里- 是4717号♥吗?
– Riedenschneider was seen there. – That’s 4717?
是的,你进去前把你的人盯好,快点行动
Yeah. Stake your men out before you go in. Get a move on.
刚接到消息
News just came in.
一个巡警在车♥库♥执勤时碰到两个人,被他们打伤
A patrolman was on duty at the car barn. He ran into two men and was slugged.
他们逃跑了,但巡警认出其中的小个子是瑞登施奈德
They got away, but he identified the smaller one as Riedenschneider.
非常好,我们要封锁整片地区
Good. Great. We’ll block off the whole area.
别拉警笛,我们要秘密行动
And no sirens. We’ll make it a sneak.
– 那个巡警怎么样?伤得严重吗?- 他头部受伤,有些虚弱
– How about the patrolman? Badly hurt? – A head wound and he’s kinda punchy,
但医生认为头骨没有破
but the doctor doesn’t think he’s got a fracture.
孩子们,看来这起案件终于有进展了
Well, son, looks like maybe we’re getting somewhere at last.
警长,我怎么会知道贝拉提尔珠宝店失窃案的事?
Look, Lieutenant, what-what would I know about Belletier’s?
我可不会卷进盗窃案,你知道的
I wouldn’t mix in no robbery. You know that.
– 你不会吗?- 不,当然不会!
– Wouldn’t you? – No, of course not!
你确实在这里见过瑞登施奈德,但那并不意味着…
You saw Riedenschneider here, sure. But that don’t say —
你这笨蛋,我从未在这里见过任何人
You’re nuts. Never seen anybody here.
我怎么可能?在此之前我从未来过这里
How could I? I never been here before this.