还有时间,朋友,还有时间
Plenty of time, my friend. Plenty of time.
先生,去克利夫兰市的路非常远
Look, mister, it’s a long way to Cleveland.
嗯,我猜我们最好现在就走
Well, I suppose we better go now.
别走,我们还没用完所有硬币
Don’t go. We haven’t used all the nickels.
– 妳用吧- 谢谢,你真是太好了
– You use ’em. – Thanks. It’s sure nice of you.
– 不值一提- 再见,谢谢,非常感谢
– Don’t mention it. – Good-bye, and thanks. Thanks ever so much.
这是我的荣幸
Pleasure was all mine.
你们要干什么?
You men want something?
埃德,你认为呢?
What do you think, Ed?
可能是头号♥嫌疑犯
Might be the number one boy.
– 只是可能- 这是怎么回事?
– Just might be. – See, what is this?
– 闭嘴- 最好搜他的身
– Shut up. – Better frisk him.
– 请便- 举起双手
– Go right ahead. – Put up your hands.
你一定是把我和别人弄混了
You must have me mixed up with somebody else.
我来自克利夫兰市,做进口生意,我名叫克莱珀
I’m from Cleveland. The importing business. My name’s Klemper.
什么也没有,出租车司机,让我看看那外套
Nothing there. Let me see that coat, hackie.
– 你犯了一个大…- 闭嘴,别管闲事
– You’re making a big — – Shut up and keep out of this.
比尔,你最好打电♥话♥给城里核实一下
Tell you what, Bill. Better phone the city and check on the description.
没必要核实了,我会跟城里说我们抓住他了
We don’t need a description. I’ll tell ’em we got him.
– 先生,把双手举起来- 当然
– Okay, mister. Keep those hands up. – Of course.
警官,打扰一下,你能告诉我一些事吗?
Excuse me, Officer, but will you tell me something?
也许吧,脸朝着前方
Maybe. Just keep your face front.
你们来这里多长时间了?
How long have you been out here?
– 这问题真有趣- 它并不重要
– That’s a darn funny question. – It’s not important.
我们通过那扇窗户观察了你两、三分钟
We’ve been watching you through that window two, three minutes.
是的,大概正是点播一首唱片的时间
Ah, yes. Say about as long as it takes to play a phonograph record.
什么意思?你在说什么?
How’s that again? What are you talking about?
– 没什么- 脸朝着前方
– It doesn’t matter. – Keep your face front.
我可以抽雪茄吗?
Do you mind if I smoke a cigar?
老实站在这里,先生,抽雪茄的事稍后再说
Just stand quiet there, mister. We’ll talk about smoking a cigar later.
当然,警官,当然
Certainly, Officer. Certainly.
(火车轨道,交叉口)
迪克斯,你现在感觉如何?
How you feeling now, Dix?
还好,有点冷,往年的这个时候没这么冷
All right. Cold. Didn’t used to get cold this time of year.
亲爱的,你为什么不让我开一会儿呢?
Why don’t you let me drive for a while, honey.
妳不认识路,我不想总给你指路
You don’t know the way. I’d only have to keep telling you.
还很远…
Much longer, Di —
迪克斯?迪克斯?
Dix? Dix?
迪克斯
Dix.
迪克斯
Dix.
不,迪克斯
No, Dix. Dix.
先生,先生,先生!
Mister. Mister. Mister!
先生,请帮帮我,我要找医生
Mister, you gotta help me. I gotta find a doctor.
– 我丈夫生病了- 好的,我指给妳看
– My husband, he’s sick. – Come on. I’ll show you.
向前直走,夫人,一直到街区的尽头
Go straight on, ma’am. Down to the end of the block.
我们可以找到斯旺森大夫,他就住在榆树街附近
We’ll get Doc Swanson. He lives right near here on Elm Street.
我丈夫,他生病晕倒了
My husband, he’s sick, fainted.
扶他进去,我给他做检查,就在旁边这房♥间
Get him inside where I can look at him. Right in this other room here, please.
抬到桌上
Up on the table.
脱掉他的外套
Take his coat off.
放到椅子上
Put it on the chair.
他正在出血,他失血过多,发生了什么?
This man’s been hemorrhaging. He’s lost a lot of blood. What happened?
他受伤了,在一场车祸中受的伤
He was hurt. He was hurt in an auto accident.
– 他受伤多长时间?- 几天了
– How long has this wound been let go? – A couple of days.
医生,严重吗?他伤得很严重吗?
Is it bad, Doctor? Is he hurt real bad?
情况不好
Well, it’s not good.
– 艾金森先生,你胳膊有劲吗?- 我猜有劲,大夫
– You got a strong arm, Mr. Atkinson? – Good as any, Doc, I guess.
到这边来,请帮我拿着这个
Come around here and hold this for me, please.
好的
That’s right.
这就行了
There we are.
喂,让汤姆接电♥话♥,我是斯旺森医生
Hello, uh, let me talk to Tom. This is Dr. Swanson.
把他叫醒
Wake him up.
– 我口渴,倒点水给我喝- 好的,迪克斯
– I’m thirsty. Get me a drink of water. – Sure, Dix. Sure.
躺下,甜心,请躺下
Lie down, sweetheart. Please lie down.
喂,是汤姆治安官吗?听着
Hello, Sheriff? Listen, Tom.
我这里有一个男人,身上有枪伤,非常严重
I got a man here with a gunshot wound. Pretty bad.
– 甜心,喝水- 那是谁?
– Here, sweetheart. – Who’s that?
我必须带你看医生,迪克斯,我没办法
I had to take you to the doctor’s, Dix. I couldn’t help it.
扣住他?没必要,他现在不省人事
Hold him? I don’t have to. The man’s unconscious.
不,我不认识他
No, no, no. He’s a stranger to me.
他妻子和他在一起,她说是一场车祸
His wife’s with him. She says it was an auto accident.
迪克斯
Dix.
迪克斯,迪克斯!
Dix. Dix!
迪克斯,迪克斯
Dix. Dix. Dix.
他肯定走不远的
Well, he won’t get very far, that’s for sure.
他身体里剩下的血都不够支撑一只小鸡活命
He hasn’t got enough blood left in him to keep a chicken alive.
– 还有问题吗?- 我不喜欢纠缠在同一个问题上
– Any more questions? – I don’t like to harp on the same point,
但迪崔克会怎样?如果这个警♥察♥部门过去…
but what about Ditrich? If the past of this police department —
迪崔克在牢房♥里,他将接受审判
Ditrich’s in jail. He’ll go to trial.
他将被十二个他曾为之服务的陪审团公民审判
He’ll be tried by 12 citizens for whom he’s been working.
让他们决定该对迪崔克严惩不贷还是从轻发落
Let them show justice or compassion as they see fit.
局长,那你的裁决是什么?
What would be your verdict, Commissioner?
我不确定,我完全不确定
I’m not sure. I’m not sure at all.
我这样说吧
Let me put it this way.
警♥察♥部门有腐♥败♥官员,这并不奇怪
It’s not anything strange that there are corrupt officers in police departments.
警♥察♥们试图清除的罪恶会感染某些人,但不是所有人
The dirt they’re trying to clean up is bound to rub off on some, but not all.
也许一百个人中有一个败类,但另外九十九个都是正直的人
Maybe one out of 100. The other 99 are honest men trying to do an honest job.
– 斯考利大街193号♥发生抢劫- 听听
– Robbery at 193 Scully Avenue. – Listen.
各单位注意,发生抢劫…
All units, robbery at 193 —
两个白人男子,持蓝钢手♥枪♥…
…two male Caucasians armed with blue steel —
我知道你们警务记者整天都听到这些案件
I know you’re police reporters and hear this all day long,
但请用你们的良心去听,而不只是用耳朵
but listen with your conscience, not just your ears.
戴一顶棕色毡帽…
…wearing a brown felt hat —
詹姆斯大道25号♥发生枪击,女人在尖叫
…a shooting at 25 James Boulevard. Woman screaming.
12号♥警车,詹姆斯大道25号♥发生枪击,女人…
Car 1-2, shooting at 2-5 James Boulevard. Woman —
各单位注意,强火力枪战,在滨河路3216号♥…
All units, strong-arm slugging, 3216 River Drive —
每一次呼叫,我们都要派出警♥察♥支援
We send police assistance to every one of those calls,
因为它们不只是电台里的代号♥,它们是求救的声音
because they’re not just codes numbers on a radio beam, they’re cries for help.
人们被诈骗、抢劫、谋杀、强♥奸♥
People are being cheated, robbed, murdered, raped.
一年三百六十五天,一天二十四小时,每时每刻都在发生
And that goes on 24 hours a day, every day in the year.
犯罪活动并不罕见,它们经常发生
And that’s not exceptional, that’s usual.
现代世界的每个城市都是这样
It’s the same in every city of the modern world.
但假设我们没有警♥察♥,不论好坏
But suppose we had no police force, good or bad.
假设我们…
Suppose we had…
只是沉默
just silence.
没人收听,没人回答
Nobody to listen. Nobody to answer.
战斗结束,丛林法则获胜
The battle’s finished. The jungle wins.
肉食野兽占据统治地位,各位试想一下
The predatory beasts take over. Think about it.
先生们
Well, gentlemen,
三个男人进了监狱,三个男人死了,其中一个是自杀
three men are in jail, three men dead, one by his own hand.
还有一个男人在逃亡,而且我们相信他伤得很重
One man’s a fugitive, and we have reason to believe seriously wounded.
七个男人抓住了六个,这不错
That’s six out of seven. Not bad.
我们也会抓住最后一个
We’ll get the last one too.
某种程度上,他是所有人之中最危险的一个
In some ways, he’s the most dangerous of them all.
一个冷酷杀手,一个恶棍
A hardened killer. A hooligan.
没有人类情感,没有怜悯之心
A man without human feeling or human mercy.
我告诉妳…
I tell ya…
那匹黑♥马♥是我们在山核桃木农场最好的一匹
the black one’s the best we ever had at Hickorywood.
那匹枣色的马也不错,但…黑色的是上等雄马驹
The bay’s all right, but… the black’s a real good colt.
我们最漂亮的马…
Prettiest we have — goin’ —
那匹马是…爸养过最好的
anything… Pa ever bred.
最容易养,而且…它总跑在前面…
Easiest thing, yeah, but… he’s always… way out front of…
比其余小马驹都快
the other yearlings.
它是我所见过…最棒的一匹赛马
He’s a stake horse or… I never saw one.
我真希望…
I sure hope…
爸没有卖♥♥掉它
Pa don’t sell him.
如果爸留住那匹黑色雄马驹,一切都会很好
If Pa just hangs on to that black colt, everything’s gonna be all right.
噢,天呐
Oh, dear God.
我说过了,我再说一遍
I said it. I’ll say it again.
如果爸留住那匹黑色雄马驹
If Pa just hangs on to that black colt,
一切…都会很好

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!