噢
Well,
既然是这样
that being the case,
怎么会把我和贝拉提尔珠宝店失窃案关联在一起?
what’s to connect me with the Belletier job?
有人见过他来到这里,我不知道是谁
Somebody saw him here. I don’t know who.
也许你这附近有告密者
Maybe you got a fink around.
警长,你确定不喝杯酒吗?
Look. You’re sure you won’t have one, Lieutenant?
不,谢谢,我…执勤时从不喝酒,那是违反规定的
No, thanks, I… never drink while on duty. It’s against regulations.
听着,我没什么可隐瞒的,瑞登施奈德待过这里
Look. I got nothing to hide. Riedenschneider holed up here.
他破产了,我让他在这里的房♥间住了两天
He was broke. I let him use a room for a couple days.
后来我厌倦了他待在这里,给了一些钱把他打发走了
I got tired of having him around. I gave him a few bucks to get rid of him.
– 他去了哪里?- 我不知道
– Where’d he go? – I don’t know.
我不知道!
I don’t know!
考比,你把我当作哥们儿,是不是?
Look, Cobby, do you figure me for a pal, or don’t you?
– 当然了,警长- 那就接受我的建议,改变立场
– I sure do, Lieutenant. – Then take my advice and turn state’s.
我们会和局长达成一份小协议
We’ll make ourselves a little deal with the commissioner.
– 你最多被判刑一到两年- 我是清白的
– You won’t get more than a year or two. – Look, I-I’m clean.
我不知道博士去了哪里,这是真话
I don’t know where the doc went. That’s the truth.
总部的人不会相信你
They won’t believe you at headquarters.
如果你说你不知道,他们会严格审问你
Every time you’d tell them that, they’d work you over,
相信我,你不是吃苦的料
and you ain’t the type that can take it, believe me.
半小时内你就会吐露一切
You’d spill your guts in half an hour.
饶了我吧
Gi-Give me a break.
你当然是来抓人的,但我不在这里
You came to make a pinch, sure. But I’m not here.
我去夏安市做生意了
I had to go to Cheyenne on business.
不,考比,你就在这里
Uh-uh. You’re right here, Cobby.
我一直对你很好,警长
I’ve always treated you right, Lieutenant.
帮我脱身
Let me duck out.
– 你可以逃过处罚- 不,我不能
– You can get away with it. – No, I couldn’t.
局长发疯了,他要放人血
The commissioner’s mad. He’s out for blood.
而且不能放我的血
And it’s not going to be mine.
你阻止不了我
You’re not gonna stop me.
你必须放我走!你必须这样做!
You’re gonna let me go! You’re gonna do that!
否则…
If you don’t…
我知道,否则你会揭发我
Yeah, I know. You’ll be a Grade-A pigeon.
没错
That’s right.
我会揭发你在这里见过瑞登施奈德
I’ll tell ’em you saw Riedenschneider here
但你却没赶走他,为什么?
and didn’t roust him. Why?
因为你必须解释你来这里干什么
Because you’d have to explain what you were doing here.
我会揭发你从我这里得到了甜头
I’ll tell ’em about the juice you’ve been getting out of me.
考比,你现在做的事让我很恼火
Cobby, the only thing you’re doing is making me sore.
一旦我打开话匣子,我就不会停
Once I start singing, I won’t stop.
– 他们会把你和我关在一起- 考比,那你就错了
– They’ll jug you right alongside of me. – That’s where you’re wrong, Cobby.
就算他们相信你,也不会太为难我
Even if they believe you, it won’t go too hard with me.
因为我将成为破获全国最大盗窃案的人
Because I’ll be the guy that cracked the biggest case ever pulled in the country.
– 考比,这会很疼- 迪崔克!干嘛?你疯了吗?
– Gonna get hurt, Cobby. – Ditrich! What, have you gone crazy?
– 站起来!- 啊!
– Stand up! – Aaah!
考比,我说过你吃不了苦
I told you you couldn’t take it, Cobby.
喝杯酒
Here.
他们会骂我是告密者
They’ll call me a fink.
这才像话
That’s my boy.
既然我最近有很多案子要忙,我想妳应该出去旅行
So, since I’m gonna be busy with a lot of cases, I thought you’d like to take a trip.
– 去哪里?- 我不知道
– Where to? – I don’t know.
美国太平洋沿岸,佛罗里达州,妳想去哪里都行
The coast, Florida. Anywhere you like.
朗大叔,真的吗?任何地方?你没骗我?
Could I, Uncle Lon? Anywhere? No fooling?
是的,我觉得换个环境对妳有好处
Yes. I think a change of scenery might be good for you.
你在这里等着,我有个非常棒的主意
Wait. You wait right here. I’ve got the most terrific idea.
噢,古巴,那是一个不错的主意
Oh. Cuba. There, that’s not a bad idea.
想象一下我在这片沙滩上穿着绿色泳装,妙极了
Imagine me on this beach here in my green bathing suit. Yipe.
我差点买♥♥了一件白色的,但不够新潮
I almost bought a white one, but it wasn’t quite extreme enough.
如果我真要追逐新潮,我会买♥♥一件法国式比基尼
If I went in for the extreme extreme, I would have bought a French one.
逃命吧,姑娘们,性感炸♥弹♥来了
Run for your lives, girls. The fleet’s in.
朗大叔,我太兴奋了,妙极了!
Oh, Uncle Lon, am I excited. Yipe!
看呐,这是不是很浪漫?真正的棕榈树、海洋、一切美好事物
Look, Uncle Lon. Isn’t it romantic? Real palms and ocean and everything.
这么晚了会是谁?
Who can that be this time of night?
朗大叔,去看看是谁
See who it is, Uncle Lon.
他们为什么如此用力敲门?
Why are they pounding so?
朗大叔,我害怕
I’m scared, Uncle Lon.
年轻人,你有一只铁拳啊
Well, young man, you’ve got an iron fist.
噢,你好,哈迪,进来吧
Oh, hello, Hardy. Come in.
里面有火,进去吧,你们看起来很冷
Well, there’s a fire in here. Come on in. You look cold.
埃默瑞克,我是来逮捕你的
I’m here to arrest you, Emmerich.
我能问为什么吗?
May I ask what for?
盗窃案和谋杀案的共犯
Complicity. In robbery and in murder.
哈迪,如果我是你,我会想出更多控诉
If I were you, Hardy, I’d think up a few more charges.
可能会有一项控诉站得住脚
You might make one of them stand up
如果你面对的是愚蠢的陪审团和公正的法官的话
if you get an imbecile jury and the right judge.
– 把年轻女士带来- 是,长官
– Get the young lady. – Yes, sir.
你也许想知道,你的朋友考比已经签了认罪书
It may interest you to know that your friend Cobb has signed a confession.
想看看吗?给你
Want to take a look at it? Here.
小姐,破门而入可没什么风度,但不要逼我
Okay, miss, it’s a shame to bust this door in, but here goes.
大香蕉头,你还没烦够我吗?
Haven’t you bothered me enough, you big banana head?
只要你敢踢破我的门,埃默瑞克先生就会把你扔出房♥子
Just try breaking my door, and Mr. Emmerich will throw you out the house.
恐怕不会,小姐,他自己的麻烦够多了
‘Fraid not, miss. He’s got troubles enough.
事实上,他是一只死鸭子了
As a matter of fact, he’s a dead duck.
安德鲁,快点,把年轻女士带过来
Hurry up, Andrews. Bring the young lady in here.
我必须和他说话吗?
Do I have to talk to him?
我不能只和你说话吗?
Couldn’t I just talk to you?
来吧,宝贝
Come on, baby.
克服一下
Get it over with.
还有…放聪明点
And… be smart.
告诉局长真♥相♥,只要这样做就行
Tell the commissioner the truth. That’s the only thing to do.
来吧
Come on.
坐下
Sit down.
安德鲁,复述一下芬利小姐昨天下午录的口供
Andrews, repeat the statement Miss Phinlay made yesterday afternoon.
她说上周五晚上从十一点半到凌晨三点
She said Mr. Emmerich was in this house with her
埃默瑞克先生和她一起在这栋房♥子里
from 11:30 PM to 3:00 AM last Friday night.
这就是妳的口供吗?
Is that the statement you made?
– 对,先生- 那是真的吗?
– Yes, sir. – Was it the truth?
年轻女士,妳回答前思考清楚,除非妳想去坐牢
You better think before you answer, young lady, unless you wanna go to jail.
坐牢?
Jail?
为了包庇罪犯而提供虚假的不在场证明,那就要坐牢
For setting up a false alibi to keep another from being punished for a crime.
– 埃默瑞克先生不会犯罪- 他会犯罪而且已经做了
– Mr. Emmerich wouldn’t commit a crime. – He would and did.
– 告诉他真♥相♥- 朗大叔
– Tell him the truth. – Uncle Lon.
这是妳唯一能做的事,除非妳想因妨碍司法而被起诉
It’s the only thing to do, unless you want to be indicted for obstructing justice.
我昨天说的…
What I said yesterday was…
并非完全…我的意思是…
Well, it wasn’t exactly… I mean…
– 那不是…- 是事实吗?
– It wasn’t really the… – Was it the truth?
不是,先生
No, sir.
– 妳没有和埃默瑞克在一起,对吗?- 对,先生
– You weren’t with Emmerich, were you? – No, sir.
– 妳在别的地方,而且没和他在一起- 对,先生
– You were someplace else and you were not with him. – Yes, sir.
是他告诉妳该说什么,让妳记在心里
He told you what to say, made you learn it by heart.
– 回答我- 不
– Answer me. – No.
我的意思是,对,先生
I mean, yes, sir.
我的意思是,我记在心里!
I mean, I learned it by heart!
– 给她重新录口供,让她在上面签字- 是,长官
– Get a new statement from her. Have her sign it. – Yes, sir.
年轻女士,这次我要全部的真♥相♥
This time, young lady, I want the whole truth.
小姐,到这边来
Over here, miss.
朗大叔,对不起
I’m sorry, Uncle Lon.
我尽力了
I tried.
对妳而言,已经做得很好了
You did pretty well, considering.
朗大叔,我的旅行怎么办?我还能去吗?
What about my trip, Uncle Lon? Is it still on?
宝贝,别担心,妳会有很多旅行的
Don’t worry, baby. You’ll have plenty of trips.
埃默瑞克,看来一切都结束了
Seems to be all wrapped up, Emmerich.
还给你
Oh, here.
如果你不介意,我想打电♥话♥给我的妻子
Say, I’d like to, uh, telephone my wife, if you don’t mind.
– 太晚了,她可能会担心- 你请便
– Getting late. She might be worried. – Help yourself.
但别想逃跑,你逃不远的
But don’t try to run. You won’t get very far.
(亲爱的梅,请原谅我…
我无法面对我所对妳做的事,我…)
埃默瑞克!
Emmerich!
– 等等!住手!救命!- 过来!
– Wait! Stop! Look out! – Come on!