片名:《夜阑人未静》(又译:柏油丛林)
约翰·休斯顿制♥作♥作品
领衔主演:斯特林·海登、路易斯·卡尔亨
联袂主演:简·哈根、詹姆斯·惠特摩、山姆·谢斐
约翰·麦克因泰、马克·劳伦斯、巴里·凯利
剧本编写:本·马多与约翰·休斯顿
改编自威廉·赖利·伯内特所著小说
制片:小阿瑟·霍恩布洛
导演:约翰·休斯顿
31T号♥警车,艾什顿公♥寓♥楼,三层
Car 3-1-T, Ashton Apartment Building. Third floor.
31和36号♥警车,福特街926号♥
Cars 3-1 and 3-6, 926 Ford Street.
31和36号♥警车,福特街926号♥,已有警员就位
Cars 31 and 36, 926 Ford Street. Officers going there now.
19A号♥警车…
Car 19-A…
19A号♥警车…
Car 1-9-A…
请注意,71号♥警车
Attention, Car 71.
持枪抢劫,巴黎旅馆,卡姆登广场南边
Holdup, Hotel de Paris, Camden Square South.
持枪抢劫,巴黎旅馆
Holdup, Hotel de Paris.
疑犯持有武器,白人男子,身材高大
Armed suspect — tall man, Caucasian,
穿深色西服,戴呢帽
wearing a dark suit and soft hat.
这是71号♥警车,收到
Car 71. Roger.
(咖啡、家味美食)
戈斯
Gus.
戈斯!这个混混什么时候进来的?
Gus! What time did this punk come in here?
别问我,我从不看钟,我拥有这家餐馆
Don’t ask me. I don’t watch the clock. I own the joint.
– 他没带枪- 我要搜查这家餐馆
– No gun. – I’ll search the joint.
– 你有搜查令吗?- 戈斯,你为什么不配合一下?
– You got a warrant? – Now look, Gus, why don’t you cooperate?
– 拿搜查令来- 把他带走
– Get a warrant. – Take him in.
– 什么理由?- 把他按流浪汉登记
– On what? – We’ll book him on vag.
好吧,你跟我们走
All right, come on, you.
快点
Come on.
卡尔·安顿·史密斯,三十七岁
Smith, Karl Anton, age 37.
昨天傍晚六点被捕
Arrested 6:00 PM last night.
打电♥话♥给警局说他谋杀了凯瑟琳·史密斯夫人
Phoned police station stating he had murdered Mrs. Kathryn Smith.
威廉·杜迪,二十二岁
Doldy, William, age 22.
私藏♥毒♥品,职业是书♥记♥员,没有犯罪前科
Possession narcotics. Occupation, clerk. No previous record.
昨晚上吊自杀未遂
Attempt suicide last night with necktie.
威廉·塔特·汉德利,别名迪克斯·汉德利
Handley, William Tuttle, alias Dix Handley.
三十六岁,出生于肯塔基州
Age 36, born Kentucky.
无职业
Occupation, none.
一九三七年因非法持有枪♥械♥被捕,判五年以下有期徒刑
Arrested 1937, illegal possession firearms. Sentence, one to five.
一九三九年逃出州立监狱
Escaped state prison 1939.
于一九四〇年再次被捕,一九四一年释放
Arrested 1940, released 1941.
够了
That’s enough.
你能认出昨晚抢劫的那个男人吗?
Well, do you see the man who pulled the stickup last night?
我不知道
I don’t know.
– 你不知道是什么意思?- 那个男人戴着帽子
– What do you mean, you don’t know? – He had a hat on.
把帽子都戴上
Put on your hats.
现在呢?
Well?
你说过那个男人很高,他穿着棕色西服,戴着宽沿帽
He was tall, you say. He had on a brown suit and a wide-brim hat.
你不是正看着他吗?
All right, don’t you see him?
快点!是不是这个男人?
Well, come on! Is that him?
不,不是这个男人
No, it isn’t him.
– 好吧- 就这样
– Okay. – That’s all.
– 迪崔克警长?- 什么事?
– Lieutenant Ditrich? – What is it?
局长让你立即去他办公室
Commissioner wants to see you in his office right away.
坐下,警长
Sit down, Lieutenant.
谢谢,长官
Thank you, sir.
三十九起偷窃,三十三起入室盗窃,十八起抢劫
Thirty-nine thefts, 33 burglaries, 18 robberies,
七起人身侵犯,五起道德侵犯
seven assaults, five morals offenses
这仅仅是过去一个月内的案件
in the past 30 days.
即便是对第四警区来讲,这记录也太严重了
Quite a record, even for the Fourth Precinct, Lieutenant Ditrich.
局长,我们知道那个惯犯是谁
We know the guy who’s been pulling most of the stickups, Commissioner.
他名叫迪克斯·汉德利,他今早被带来做疑犯辨认
Name’s Dix Handley. He was in the show-up this morning,
但证人临阵退缩,没有指认他
but our witness got cold feet and backed down.
– 我们能怎么办?- 把那个证人关起来!逼他说!
– What can you do? – Lock up the witness! Scare him worse!
你应该知道如何做你的工作
It’s your job knowing what to do.
在你的辖区内,唯一完好无损的店铺
As things are, the only merchants safe from harm in your precinct
是那些搞押注赌马的
are those who take wages on the horses.
我想知道那些场所怎么还在运转
I want to know why those parlors are still operating.
我关闭过它们,可它们又死灰复燃了
I close them down, but they only open up again.
你没有斩草除根!你得拔掉他们的电♥话♥线!砸烂家具!
You don’t close ’em hard enough! Rip out the phones! Smash up the furniture!
长官,人们喜欢赌马,仅仅因为法律说不…
People like to bet the horses, sir, and just because the law says no —
轮不到你跟我谈法律
I don’t want your opinion of the law.
– 长官,交代完了吗?- 不,还没完
– Is that all, sir? – No, that’s not all.
厄文·瑞登施奈德在哪里?
Where is Erwin Riedenschneider?
– 我也在打听他,长官- 你不知道他在哪里吗?
– I’m waiting to hear on that, sir. – You don’t know where he is, do you?
不知道,长官,但我们能从我们的线人那里得到消息
No, sir, but we ought to get word from our stoolies.
你得为此事全权负责
It was all dumped in your lap.
昨天中午十二点,他从州立监狱释放后乘火车来本市
He left state prison yesterday at 12 noon, took a train for this city.
到达时间是三点十七分
Time of arrival, 3:17.
你所要做的只是跟踪他,对他进行二十四小时监控
All you had to do was spot him, stay with him for 24 hours.
如果他没按规定登记,把他关起来
If he didn’t register, lock him up.
可结果呢?他在火车站的五个街区外甩掉了你
But what happens? He loses you five blocks from the depot.
一个极其危险的罪犯正在本市逍遥法外
And one of the most dangerous criminals alive is now at large in this city.
跟踪他的两个警员应该为愚蠢失职获得「奖章」
The two men on that detail ought to get medals for dumbness.
是你派他们去的,你也应该获得「奖章」
They were assigned by you. You oughta get one too.
迪崔克,我能用三种方法惩罚你
Ditrich, I can do three things about you.
我能把你贬为巡警,送你到偏僻的街角
I can reduce you to patrolman and send you down to Five Corners,
我也能让内务部以玩忽职守的名义审判你
I can bring you up for departmental trial on charges of incompetence,
或者我还能再给你一次机会去履行你的职责
or I can give you one more chance to make good on your responsibilities.
我觉得最后一种方法是最好的惩罚
I think that’ll be the greatest punishment of all.
谢谢,长官
Thank you, sir.
这就是你要找的门牌号♥
There’s the number you’re looking for.
但天已经黑了,你想让我等你吗?
But it’s dark. You want me to wait?
我要是你就不会拎着提箱在这附近转悠
I wouldn’t go parading around this neighborhood with a suitcase.
某些青年混混可能就为了一件干净衬衫打劫你
Some of these young punks might clip ya just to get a clean shirt.
– 什么事?- 我找考比
– Yeah? – I want to see Cobby.
– 你是谁?- 就说博士来了,他想见考比
– Who are you? – Just say Doc is here and would like to see him.
在这里等着,你最好有正当理由,哥们儿
Wait here. You’d better be on the legit, pal.
你有什么筹码?
What do you got?
三张三
Three threes.
他是何方鬼怪?
Well, where the devil is he?
有事快说,我很忙,你想做什么?
All right, make it fast. I’m a busy man. What do you want?
– 我今天刚出狱- 噢,原来如此
– I just got out today. – Oh, so that’s it.
我厌倦了你们这种人找我要吃要喝,我又不是银行
I’m tired of you guys that fell putting the bite on me. I’m no First National Bank.
– 我有一份提议给你- 你们这种人总有提议
– I got a proposition for you. – All you guys have.
– 也许你还不知道我是谁- 我从未见过你
– Maybe you didn’t get who I was. – I never seen you before.
– 快说,什么事?- 也许你听说过我
– Come on, come on. What is it? – Maybe you’ve heard of me.
听说过「教授」吗?也有人用德语叫我「博士先生」
The Professor? Or Herr Doktor, maybe.
你的意思是,你就是瑞登施奈德?
You mean, you are Riedenschneider?
你为什么不早说?
Well, why didn’t you say so?
快进来,博士,快进来
Come on in, Doc. Come on in.
坐下,博士,坐下
Sit down, Doc. Sit down.
– 喝杯酒吗?- 不必
– Have a drink? – Nothing to drink.
我坐牢时把喝酒的喜好戒掉了
I got out of the habit behind the walls.
– 戒掉喝酒这喜好很容易- 那我就为喝酒这喜好干一杯
– That’s all it is — a habit. – Well, here’s to the drink habit.
这是唯一不会给我带来麻烦的喜好
It’s the only one I got that don’t get me into trouble.
言归正传,博士,你有什么想法?
Well, Doc, what’s on your mind?
我有一份提议,很大的提议
I got a proposition. A big one.
– 很大是多大?- 这提议对你而言太大了,考比
– How big is big? – Too big for you, Cobby.
博士,我不喜欢吹牛,但我也混得不错
Now, wait, Doc. I don’t like to brag, but I’m doing all right.
我从事赌注登记,我有赢钱筹码
Makin’ book. I’m in the chips.
– 到底是什么提议?- 一起盗窃计划
– What kind of proposition is it? – A plan for a caper.
绝好的生意,我可以在公开市场把货物卖♥♥十万美元
And it’s a good one. I could sell it for $100,000 on the open market,
但那样做不值得,相当于把钱扔掉
but that would be throwing money away.
我更喜欢亲自处理货物…
I prefer to execute it myself and make —
– 能赚多少?- 五十万美元
– How much? – Half a million dollars.
也许更多
Maybe even more.
当然,我会事先做些准备工作,毕竟这计划搁置了好几年
Of course I will have to do a little checking, as the plan is some years old.
但准备工作要的钱不多,不多
But not much checking. Not much.
我需要大概五万块钱的经费
I need roughly 50,000 to operate.
五万块钱?
Fifty thousand?
不行,我看不行
No, no, no, I don’t see.
当然,我想埃默瑞克先生也许能帮忙
Of course. I thought maybe Mr. Emmerich.
你还知道埃默瑞克先生?
What do you know about Mr. Emmerich?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!