凯西
Casey.
我很高兴你选择了空手道 凯西
I’m glad you chose karate, Casey.
这是一种出色的武术 很可能会改变你的人生
It’s an excellent martial art and will likely change your life.
-你想先来吗 -你先来吧
– Would you like to go first? – Maybe you should go first.

Okay.
-别在日课上这么做 -对不起 老师
– Not in the day class. – Sorry, Sensei.
我忘记场合了 这是个意外
I forgot where I was. It was an accident.
你还好吗
You all right?
我很高兴你来上课了
I’m really glad you’re here.
刚刚那一下我失控了
That punch got away from me.
我道歉 你想试一试吗
I apologize. Would you like to try?
好 不错的初次尝试
Okay, uh, that was a good first try.
不过感觉更像是踢而不是拳
That felt a little more like a kick than a punch though.
我也感觉像是踢
It felt like a kick to me too.
你长这么大 一直都认为脚只能踢
Your whole life, you’ve known that a foot can only kick.
以为脚不能出拳
You’ve known that a foot cannot punch.
忘掉你知道的一切
Forget everything that you know.
好多了 比较像出拳了
Much better. That felt like a punch.
虽然是非常无力的出拳
A very weak punch,
但最重要的是
but the most important thing
你已经学着用脚出拳了
is that you’re learning to punch with your foot.
我再跟你演示一遍
Let me show you again.
别把它当成我用我的脚出拳打你
Don’t think of it as me punching your body with my foot.
把它当成你用你的身体攻击我的脚
Think of it as you striking my foot with your body.
很有道理
That makes perfect sense.
你的平衡感很出色
You have a wonderful sense of balance.
我想报名上课
I wanna sign up for classes.
这真是好消息
That’s excellent news.
我现在就把你登入到系统里
I’m gonna go ahead and enter you into the system.
-名字是凯西… -戴维斯
– Name? Casey… – Davies.
这名字真女性化
That’s a very feminine-sounding name.
-年龄 -我下个月就36岁了
– Age? – I turn 36 next month.
你知道换算成月是多少吗
Do you know what that is in months?
这系统以月份为单位
The system does it in months.
四百三十二减一
Four hundred and thirty-two minus one
431个月大
is 431 months old.
这么讲的话感觉很老了
That sounds old when you put it that way.
为什么选空手道
Why karate?
这道题是多选
This question is multiple-choice.
A 运动健身 B 职业机遇
“A, health and fitness. B, career opportunity.
C 新年决心 D 自卫或创伤经历
“C, New Year’s resolution. D, self-defense/traumatic experience.”
以上皆非怎么选
What if it’s none of the above?
-我要再给你读一遍吗 -不 不用了
– Should I read the choices again? – No, that’s okay.
选A 运动健身
A, health and fitness.
这是器材室
This is the equipment room.
-这房♥间你们不能进 懂吗 -懂
– This room is off limits. You understand? – Okay.
请在这里等一下
Wait here, please.
这是你的腰带
This is your belt.
上课必须戴腰带
Do not come to class without your belt.
它属于你 它很神圣
It is yours. It is sacred.
弄丢了再领♥取♥要花十五块
There’ll be a $15 charge to replace a lost belt.
-喂 -喂
– Hello? – Hi.
能请凯西·戴维斯女士接电♥话♥吗
May I speak to Ms. Casey Davies, please?
我就是 我是男的
This is him. I’m a man.
我的错 我以为这是女名
My mistake. I thought it was a woman’s name.
-你是谁 -我打电♥话♥来跟你说你的手♥枪♥的事
– Who is this? – I’m calling about your gun, the handgun.
等等 我想起你来了
Wait. I remember you now.
对 你是男的 再次道歉
Yes, you are a man. Again, apologies.
没事
That’s all right.
你的审核
It looks like your paperwork
顺利通过了
is gonna go through without any complications.
明天早上
Tomorrow morning,
你就可以来买♥♥枪了
you will be able to come in and purchase your gun.
-你还在听吗 -我不需要枪了
– Are you still there? – I don’t need a gun anymore.
你不是要生小孩了吧
You’re not having a child, are you?
我们这里有售很有效的儿童锁
Because we sell child safety locks that work reasonably well.
不 不是小孩 我只是
No. No child. I just…
找到了其它东西
I found something else.
别告诉我你买♥♥了把刀
Don’t tell me you bought a knife.
刀也很适合自卫
Knives are good for self-defense too,
但带着刀的人遇上带着枪的人
but nine times out of 10, a person with a knife
十有八♥九♥会输
who gets into a fight with a person with a gun will lose.
我没买♥♥刀
I didn’t buy a knife.
好吧 审核有效期为六个月
Well, the paperwork is valid for the next six months.
同时
In the meantime,
我希望你不要被任何持枪人士袭击
I hope you don’t get attacked by anyone with a gun,
-或者持刀人士 -再见
– or even a knife. – Goodbye.
祝你好运
Good luck…
下一个 开始
Next. Go.
下一个 开始
Next. Go.
开始
Go.
糟透了
Horrible.
实战中这么打 对手都会笑话你
You do that in a fight and your opponent would laugh at you.
下一个 凯西
Next. Casey.

Good.
很好
Very good.
凯西
Hey, Casey.
我是格兰特 你的上司 单位上司
It’s Grant, your boss. From… from work.
你已经休假了两个月
So, it’s been two months since you’ve been in to the office.
你还好吗
How are you?
我已经把你的休假
I’ve extended your leave five weeks past
在预计外多延长了五周
what I’d originally planned,
还有你上周发的工资
and your paycheck last week, you know,
那实际上是我自掏腰包发的
that actually came out of my own pocket,
但我把你当朋友
but I consider you a friend. Uh…
我不想扮黑脸
Look, I hate to be the bad guy here
但你得来上班
but I’m going to need you to come in.
你可以再休一天假
I can give you another day
但之后得来上班
but you have to come back to work after that.
不然…我就得解雇你了
Or… you know, I’m going to have to let you go,
我真的不想那么做
and I really don’t want to have to do that.
要是我做主的话
Look, if it were up to me,
你爱休假多久就休假多久
I’d give you all the time you need,
但我的上司们…
but my bosses…
语♥音♥信箱已满 拜托你清理留言
The inbox is full. Please clear your messages.
这些陌生人都是谁
Who are all these new people?
今天有晋级仪式
Today’s the promotion ceremony.
所有人都来参加晋级仪式
Everyone comes to the promotion ceremony.
-包括夜课的学员 -夜课
– Even students who take the night class. – The night class?
黑色带条
Black stripes.
黑色代表夜晚 黑条就是”夜课”
The color black represents night. As in “night class.”
我还是接着上日课吧
I think I’ll stick with the day class.
现在想想
Now that I think about it,
你也比较适合日课
you’re much more suited to the day class.
另一方面 我呢
Me, on the other hand…
我今天要拿到我的带条了
I’m getting my stripe today.
无意中听到老师说的
Overheard Sensei talking about it.
-恭喜 -谢谢
– Congratulations. – Thank you.
我…这是我应得的
I have… I have definitely earned it.
今天是个特别的日子
Today’s a special day.
不仅仅是你们其中一些人
Not only is it a day in which we recognize those of you
晋级段位的日子
who have outgrown your belt color,
今天也是个重要的纪念日
it is also an important anniversary.
七年前的今天
Seven years ago today,
大♥师♥在一场不幸的远足中意外被害
Grand Master was killed in a tragic hiking accident
他脸部中枪
where he was shot in the face with a gun.
一名携带霰弹枪的猎人把他当鸟误杀了
He was mistaken for a bird by a hunter carrying a shotgun.
那种枪一梭子下来
Type of gun that fires a cartridge
能在目标上撒落十到二十颗子弹
which scatters 10 to 20 pellets at its target.
不像我们准确干脆的空手道
Unlike our karate, which is clean and precise,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!