好几天的时候 发生了什么
for days on end at those races of yours?
每个周末你都在飞机上
You’re on a plane every weekend.
天啦 她出生的时候你都不在
You missed her birth, for Christ’s sake!
你不能带走她
You’re not taking her.
噢 我的老天
Oh, my God.
-你还 -我很好
– Are you… – I’m fine.
我说了我很好
I said I’m fine!
Denny 暂时就让她留下来吧
Denny, please let her stay. Just for now.
律师会提出一个折中方案的
The lawyers could come up with a compromise!
Zoe
Zoe!
我们回头再来拿你的玩具 好吗
We’ll come back later for your dolls, okay?
好
Okay.
上车 宝贝儿
Get in the car, sweetheart.
你正在犯一个大错误
You’re making a big mistake!
Enzo 上车
Enzo, get in.
现在不行 Enzo
Not now, Enzo.
什么 好吧
What? Okay.
我不知道电视上在演什么
I didn’t know what was on.
我只知道他需要转移一下注意力
I only knew he needed a distraction.
过去Eve常常这样做
It was something Eve used to do
当Denny心情不好的时候
when Denny was down.
好呀 你这条狗
Okay, you crazy dog.
这是在1989年的卢森堡大奖赛上
It turned out to be the 1989 Luxembourg Grand Prix
爱尔兰车赛车手Kevin Finnerty York
in which the Irish driver Kevin Finnerty York
只用二档完成了最后20圈的比赛
finished victorious while driving the final 20 laps
赢得了冠军
with only two gears.
真正的冠军可以做到
A true champion can accomplish things
常人认为不可能的事情
a normal person would consider impossible.
Denny只需要记住这个
Denny just needed to remember that.
Mark谢谢你在家休息还接我的电♥话♥
Thanks for taking my call at home, Mark.
我只认识你这一个律师
You’re the only lawyer that I know.
你也是我唯一相信的汽修工
And you’re the only mechanic I trust.
放轻松 Denny 据你所说
Relax, Denny. From what you told me on the phone,
这案子很简单
this is open-and-shut.
-你女儿现在在哪里 -她想去上学
– Where is your daughter now? – She wanted to go to school.
我应该把她留在家里吗
Should I have kept her at home?
不用 让她去吧 你这是满足她的需求
No, that’s good. You’re responding to her needs.
他们想起诉你是个不称职的父亲
They’re trying to claim you’re an unfit parent
因为你职业有潜在的危险
because of the intrinsic dangers of your occupation.
这完全是假的
It’s a totally bogus suit.
真不知道他们为什么要费心去归档
Can’t imagine why they even bothered to file it.
我会要求简易判决 仅此而已
I’ll demand a summary judgment and that’ll be that.
我想 你 你是说不会可能存在
I mean, you’re… you’re saying there’s not even a chance.
这里是华盛顿州
This is Washington State.
孩子总是会被判给亲生父母的
The child is always awarded to the biological parent.
不用担心
No question.
下午好 警官们
Afternoon, Officers.
你是Denny Swift吗
You Dennis Swift?
我去看看他是不是还在后面
I’ll just check if he’s still in the back.
我就是Denny Swift
I’m Denny Swift.
先生 请从柜台后面走出来好吗
Would you step out from behind the counter, sir?
好
Okay.
我们有张你的逮捕令
We have a warrant for your arrest.
这是个什么玩笑吗
Some kind of joke?
先生 请把手放在柜台上 把腿伸开
Sir, please place your hands on the counter and spread your legs.
好
Okay.
嘿 嘿 伙计 没事 不要紧
Hey, hey, buddy, it’s okay, it’s okay.
你可以告诉我需要多久吗
Can you tell me how long this is gonna take?
你有权保持沉默
You have the right to remain silent…
我要去接我女儿放学
I need to pick my daughter up from school.
Denny我可以帮你去接她
Denny, I can pick her up for you.
不 给Mark Finn打电♥话♥ 他知道怎么做
No, call Mark Finn. He’ll… he’ll know what to do.
你知道哪边是右吗
Do you understand your right?
-我知道 -请这边走
– Yeah, I understand. -This way, please.
-给Mark Finn打电♥话♥ -待着
– Call Mark Finn. – Stay.
你们为什么要逮捕他
What are you arresting him for?
我以前只感到过一次这样的无助
I’d only felt such helplessness once before.
就是Eve倒在树林里的那天
The day Eve collapsed in the woods.
明天早上 咖啡 准时8:30
Coffee tomorrow morning, 8:30 sharp.
-我们过一遍所有细节 好吗 -好的
– We’ll go over everything then, all right? – All right.
我们试过去接Zoe 但是
We tried picking Zoe up from school, but…
嗯 我知道 她外公外婆先一步接走她了
Yeah, I know, her grandparents got to her first.
他们故意算好了时间来的 兄弟 走
They timed this thing on purpose, man. Come on.
Mike 多谢
Thanks, Mike.
四级殴打罪是一个恶心的轻罪
Fourth-degree assault is a gross misdemeanor,
所以你不会有真的牢狱之灾
so it’s unlikely you’ll see any real jail time.
但是我们都知道这不是关键
But we both know that’s not what this is about.
关键是如果你被定罪
There’s almost no chance you’ll be awarded custody
你几乎没有可能获得监护权了
if you’re convicted.
现在 由于刑事指控
Now, because of the criminal charges,
法官批准了一项临时限制令
the judge granted a temporary restraining order.
这意味着你在90天之后才能再见到Zoe
That means you’re looking at 90 days before you can see Zoe again.
不
No.
-不 我 我不能看 -你不得不这样
– No, I… I can’t not see… – You’re gonna have to.
Eve的父母已经提议终止你的监护权
Eve’s parents already filed a motion to terminate your rights.
Mark 这简直疯了 是他抓住了我
Mark, this is crazy. He grabbed me.
有人证吗
Any witnesses?
Trish 我想 但是她当时背对着我们
Trish, I guess, but her back was to us.
我可以跟她谈谈
I can talk to her.
不 不要跟他们任何一个人谈 我认真的
No, do not speak to either of them, I mean it.
你会危及到整个案子的
You’ll jeopardize your entire case.
现在为了给Zoe解释你为什么不在
Now, to explain your absence to Zoe
我们一致同意编个故事
we have agreed to invent a story
你正在欧洲帮一个队比赛
about you driving for a team in Europe.
我还设法争取到了信件交换
I also managed to negotiate a letter exchange.
90天啊
Ninety days!
这种不公让人难以忍♥受
The injustice was unbearable.
Denny先是失去了Eve
First, Denny lost Eve
现在又即将失去Zoe
and now he would be deprived of Zoe, too.
几个星期过去了 Denny苦苦挣扎
Denny struggled as the weeks passed.
虽然我很想成为一个人
While I very much wish to be human,
但作为一只狗 有一个好处是我会想念的
there is one advantage to being a dog that I will miss.
你觉得怎么样 Enzo
What do you think, Enzo?
那就是
It is this…
狗可以停止思考 降低新陈代谢
A dog can power down his psyche and slow his metabolism.
可以毫不费力地坐连续几个小时
He can sit for hours on end with no effort.
狗可以改变整个世界的节奏
A dog can change the tempo of the world,
人们只能听其摆布
but people are at its mercy.
喂
Hello?
你家狗最近怎么样了
What’s the deal with the dog?
-怎么了 -你家狗
– Huh? – The dog.
Zoe一直问她的外公外婆 想见你家狗
Zoe’s been asking her grandparents to see the dog.
当然 她可以见Enzo
Of course, she can see Enzo.
告诉她 狗狗一直待在Mike家
Tell her he’s been staying at Mike’s
我会让Mike周末带Enzo过去
and I can have Mike drop Enzo off this weekend.
-好的 我会传达 -好
– Okay. I’ll fioat it. – Okay.
谢了 Mark
Thanks, Mark.
我的秘书说我们给你寄了一张发♥票♥
Listen, my secretary says we sent you an invoice.
-是 我已经付款了 -那是之前的费用
– Yeah, I paid that. – That was your prior invoice.
我知道你不能离开州 所以你不能再赛车
I realize you can’t leave the state, so racing is not an option.
我有一些人在做律师助理 后勤人员
But I have people walking on this, paralegals, support staff.
嗯 我知道 Mark 我会
Yeah, I know, Mark. I’ll…
找到钱付给你的
find a way to pay you.
很难理解我们的生活发生了这样的转变
It was hard to comprehend this turn our lives had taken.
Enzo 来这儿 Enzo
Enzo! Come here, Enzo!
在它进门之前
Make sure you wipe his paws off
一定要把它的爪子擦干净
before he comes in.
-外婆刚洗了地毯 -好的
– Grandma just had the carpets cleaned. – Okay.
我想爸爸了 你呢
I miss Daddy. Don’t you?
我有生以来第一次庆幸自己不会说话
For the first time in my life, I was glad I couldn’t talk.