我是她玩乐中不可或缺的一员
I was an integral figure in her entertainment,
跟着网球跳跃
leaping after tennis balls
跳跃回来抓住它
and scrambling back to catch them
然后像个四条腿的小丑跳动着再抓住它
then dancing like a four-legged clown to catch them again.

Run!
准备好了吗 小寿星
You ready, birthday girl?
好 我们开始吧 我们开始吧
Okay, here we go, here we go.
我沉浸在她的世界中
I was so immersed in her world
我都记不清岁月了
that I’d lose count of the weeks and months.
准备 预备 跑
Ready, steady… go!
准备 预备 跑
Ready, steady… go!
当她能告诉玩伴
And when she would tell her playmates
我是她的大哥哥时 我的心充满自豪
that I was her big brother, my heart would swell with pride.
热土豆
Hot potato!
臭抽屉
Ahh! Stinky Drawers!
她来了
Oh! She’s coming in.
-去吧 -她热切地来了 恩佐
– Go! – She’s coming in hot! Enzo!
好孩子
Good boy.
每个人都要排队领吃的
Everyone has to wait their turn for a snack,
斑马也是 是吗 老师
even zebras. Right, teacher?
-爸爸 -你好
– Daddy! – Hi! Hey.
抱歉我错过了你的诗朗诵
Hey, I’m sorry I missed your dance recital.
妈妈都跟我说了
Mommy told me all about it.
-你赢了吗 -不 小甜豆 不是这个
– Did you win? – No, sweet pea, not this one.
更好吗
Better?
比你想象的还好
You have no idea.
多谢你照料她们母女 恩佐
Thanks for taking care of our girls, Enz.
这是什么
Okay, so what do we got here?
这是我的二年级教室
Well, this is my second-grade class.
感觉我总是在赛道上或在飞机上
Feels like I’m always at the track or getting on a plane.
我有时也有这种感觉
Feels that way for me too sometimes.
你会适应的
It’ll get easier.
你好吗
You okay?
有点头痛 我忙着改考卷很晚才睡
Just a headache. I was up late grading papers.
你知道 不该花那么久时间的
It wasn’t supposed to take this long, you know.
梦想永远是一级方程式 但感觉
Dream’s always been Formula One, but it feels
我就像在水上行走一样
like I’m just kind of treading water.
第一个弯道不可能决定比赛胜负
Hey, no race was ever won on the first corner.
是的
Yeah.
你依然热爱比赛 是吗
You still love it, don’t you?
是的 当然 是的
Yeah, of course. Yeah.
也许这还不够
Maybe that’s not enough.
我不知道
I don’t know.
艾派克斯让我参加下周末拉古那·塞卡赛道比赛
Apex offered me a seat at Laguna Seca for next weekend.
我 我告诉他们我需要考虑一下
I… I told them I needed to think about it.
你累了
You’re just tired.
是的
Yeah.
我彻夜未眠思考丹尼说的话
I spent a sleepless night contemplating what Denny had said.
退出比赛吗
Quit racing?
他是个赛车手 就像我是条狗
He was a racecar driver the way I was a dog.
这是他的本性
It was his nature.
他的命运
His destiny.
根据蒙古民间传说
According to Mongolian folklore,
狗狗能看透精神世界
the dogs are able to see into the spirit world…
佐伊 亲爱的 晚饭好了
Zoe, honey, dinner’s ready!
我想等爸爸
I want to wait for Daddy.
爸爸今晚要上课
Daddy’s teaching tonight.
再等五分钟好吗
Five more minutes? Ugh!
好吧 恩佐 吃完饭
Okay. Enzo, dinner!
来了
Yes!
我对丹尼的所有担忧都被气味掩盖了
And then all my worries about Denny were eclipsed by a smell.
从她耳朵和窦道的味道 像是
An odor coming from her ears and sinuses like…
腐烂的味道 像是朽木
decay. Like rotting wood.
这种轻率的语气 我应该警告她的
Given a facile tongue, I could have warned her.
也别让我为难 兄弟
Don’t give me a hard time, too, buddy.
相反 我能做的就是观察感受内心空虚
Instead, all I could do was watch and feel empty inside
因为我爱莫能助
because there was nothing I could do to help her.
在斑马沉默的注视中
In the zebra’s mute stare,
我能感到它嘲笑窘迫
I could sense it mocking my predicament.
伊芙让我保护201%
Eve had assigned me to protect 201%.
但没人来保护伊芙
But no one had been assigned to protect Eve.
轻点 轻点 你要吵醒佐伊了
Hey, hey, shh. You’re gonna wake up Zoe.

Come on.
你什么时候开始看我比赛的
Since when do you watch my incars?
你过弯怎么会比其他赛车
How come you go through the turns
快这么多
so much faster than the other cars?
这个
Well…
很多车手害怕下雨
most drivers are afraid of the rain,
因为这是无法预测的天气变化
because it’s an unpredictable element.
他们不得不做出应对
They’re forced to react to it.
如果他们这时才加速
And if they’re reacting at speed…
他们可能就太迟了 所以他们会害怕
then they’re probably too late, so they should be afraid of it.
我看着都怕
Well, I’m afraid just watching it.
是的 但如果你有意操控赛车
Yeah, but if you intentionally make the car do something,
你不必预测 你 你能掌控结果
you don’t have to predict. You… you control the outcome.
所以你在赛车打滑前先打滑赛车吗
So, you skid the car before it skids itself?
是的
Yeah.
是的 当我在赛车内
Yeah. When I’m in a race car,
命运掌握在自己手里
I’m the creator of my own destiny.
你所看到的都是你想看到的
“That which you manifest is before you.”
你要自己创造条件 雨就是雨
Create your own conditions and rain is just rain.
明早打电♥话♥给
Tomorrow morning you’re gonna call the folks
艾派克斯的人 告诉他们
at Apex and you’re gonna tell them
在拉古那·塞卡赛道见面
that you’ll see them in Laguna Seca.
别放弃 永远别放弃
And you can’t give up, not ever.
不为了我们 也不为了任何人
Not for us. Not for anyone.
答应我
Promise me.
我答应你
I promise.
那一刻 我终于明白了丹尼对伊的爱
At that moment, I finally understood Denny’s love for Eve
也明白了为什么这么长时间以来
and why, for so long,
我一直不敢去爱她
I had been afraid to love her myself.
她是我不可预见的因素
She was my unpredictable element.
她就是我的雨
She was my rain.
看来今天天气不错
It’s looking to be a beautiful day here
加利福尼亚州拉古那·塞卡赛道的萨利纳斯赛车场
at Laguna Seca Raceway in Salinas, California.
迎来43辆GT赛车以及实力雄厚的赛车手
We have a deep field of 43 GT cars and an impressive roster
参与比赛
of drivers.
妈咪 收拾下你的东西
Mommy? Go pack your bag.
我们去要爷爷奶奶家住几天
We’re gonna to Grandma and Grandpa’s for a few days
直到爸爸回家 好吗
until Daddy gets home. Okay?
-你生病了吗 -我只是需要休息
– Are you feeling sick? – I just really need to rest.
可以吗
Please?
去吧 这一切发生得太快了
Come on. It all happened so fast.
五分钟里 她们就都离开了
In five minutes, they were gone.
但我没死 我还活着
But I wasn’t gone. I was still there.
丹尼常说恐慌是赛车手最大的敌人
Denny always said panic’s a driver’s worst enemy.
我不恐慌 我没有过度矫正也没有感到过度惊吓
So, I did not panic. I did not over correct or freeze,
即使我知道丹尼至少
even though I knew Denny wouldn’t be home
两天之后才能回家
for at least another two days.
但是我是一条狗
But I’m a dog.
当上帝设计不让狗使用拇指的时候
And when God denied dogs the use of thumbs,
上帝就给了我们长时间不进食
He gave us the ability to survive
也不饿死的能力
without food for extended periods.
虽然拇指很有帮助
So, although a thumb would’ve been very helpful,
比如用它来转门把手
allowing me to turn a doorknob, for instance,
我第二有用的能力是我不用吃也能活着
my second-best tool was my ability to go without food.
我与世隔绝的时间越长 我就越焦虑
The longer my isolation continued, the more anxious I became.
如果丹尼再也不回来了该怎么办
What if Denny never returned?
饮用水是有限的
With only a limited supply of drinking water,
我不知道我还能坚持多久
I had no way of knowing how long I’d have to make it last.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!