-拜 爸爸 -拜 宝贝
– Bye, Daddy. – Bye, baby.
每两周你能见她一次 直到判决出结果
You’ll get her every other weekend until the trial.
那之后
After that…
孤注一掷
It’s all or nothing.
听着 丹尼
Look, Denny, I…
我知道这不是你现在想听的
I know this isn’t what you want to hear right now,
但他们的律师告诉我
but their attorney made it clear to me.
只要你放弃监护权
The suit, the criminal charges, it can all go away tomorrow,
诉讼 指控 明天都可以烟消云散
if you dropped your custody claim to 206.
我有责任来确保你明白
Now, I have an obligation to make sure you understand,
我们现在有优势了
we have leverage now.
我是说探视 特权
I’m talking visitation, privileges.
如果你被认为有袭击罪
Things we’re gonna have a much harder time securing,
这些权利我们得花更大功夫来寻求
if you’re found guilty of assault
并且佐伊的外祖父母会获得抚养权
and Zoe’s grandparents are awarded custody.
优势
Leverage.
我不是说我们不能赢
I’m not saying we can’t win.
我们可能赢
We might.
但也可能输 很大几率
But we could also lose. Big.
不能输 马克
Can’t lose, Mark.
丹尼 没人不能输
Denny, anyone can lose.
你该知道这点
You, of all people, should know that.
你看 就考虑一下
Look, just… just give it some thought.
我知道丹尼在想什么
I knew what Denny was thinking.
只要他握住方向盘
If he just had a steering wheel to hold onto,
他的手就不会发抖
his hands wouldn’t shake.
就你和我 恩佐
“Just you and me, Enzo.”
夜跑的时候他总说这句
That’s what he’d always say when we’d take our night runs.
跟上 恩佐 我们走吧
Come on, Enz! Let’s go.
但不是这一晚
But not that night.
我们是在一起 但还是一个人
We were together, but alone.
我在设想一个计划
I began to devise a plan.
我们要在某天开车去佐伊的学校
We’d drive to Zoe’s school one day,
偷偷地接上她 然后直接开去蒙特利尔
pick her up unannounced and then head straight for Montreal,
那里每年夏天会举办一个国际汽车赛
where they host a Grand Prix every summer.
恩佐 恩佐 待在那 恩佐 不
Enz? Enzo, stay where you are! Enzo, no!
天啊
Oh, God!
我没看见他
I… I didn’t see him!
不关你的事
It’s not your fault.
是我的错 蠢
It was mine. Stupid.
他怎么样
Is he okay?
还在呼吸
He’s still breathing. Um…
我真是蠢
I’m so stupid.
把他带上你的车
Let’s get him in your car.
车随眼动 我怎么会忘呢
Your car goes where your eyes go. How could I forget?
埃尔顿 森纳没必要死在伊莫拉的
Ayrton Senna did not have to die at Imola.
我去医院的路上一直这么想
That’s what I was thinking on the way to the hospital.
他以每小时90英里的速度撞上了水泥围墙
He struck the concrete barrier
在塔姆布雷罗角
at the Tamburello coner at 190 miles an hour.
但据说 如果不是一小块悬架
But, by all accounts, he would’ve survived
他就可以活下来
if not for a small piece of suspension
那东西戳穿了他的头盔
that managed to penetrate his helmet.
直接到后面去
Straight to the back.
但我知道真♥相♥
But I know the truth.
森纳死的那天 他的身体已经完成任务
Senna died that day because his body had served its purpose.
他的灵魂学到了该学习的东西
His soul had learned what it came here to learn.
我也知道如果我认识到注定要
And I knew that if I had already learned what I was meant to…
我也会走的
I too would be gone.
但很明显 我还有事情要做
But apparently, I still had work to do.
大量的体内出血
Fair amount of internal bleeding.
还有部分肾受损
Also, some renal damage.
他非常幸运 不然会更糟的
He is very lucky. It could have been far worse.
老实说 斯威夫特先生 像这样的老狗
I have to be honest with you, Mr. Swift. An old dog like yours,
受这种程度的伤基本是不行了
this kind of injury’s often the beginning of the end.
X射线 镇静剂 止痛药 夜间急症费
X-rays, sedative, pain meds and nighttime emergency fee
总共812美元
comes to 812 dollars.
谢谢
Thank you.
不好意思 你的卡不能用
I’m sorry, your card was declined.
这是我的借记卡
Oh. Okay, um, here’s my debit.
说是存款不足 有什么问题吗
Uh, it says insufficient funds. Is there a problem?
我今天刚存了工资
Uh, I deposited my paycheck today,
可能只是要清算一下
so it probably just needs to clear.
我有些现金 300 美元
I do have some cash. I have… I have 300 dollars.
我明天一早就去银行
I can go to the bank first thing in the morning
然后把剩下的钱带来
and… and bring the rest by then.
没事 在所难免 写个300美元的收据
It’s fine. These things happen. Write a receipt for the 300,
给苏珊留个条子让她明早开♥发♥票
leave a note for Susan to invoice the balance in the morning.
事实上
Actually, do you…
我可不可以留20美元
Are you okay if I keepjust 20 of it?
谢谢
Thank you.
你准备回家吗 伙计
You ready to go home? Huh, pal?
那些药让我几周里不断地做梦
The medication kept me in a near-constant dream state for weeks
它们让我如释重负
which I confess came as a relief.
可以替换丹尼脸上的表情
Anything to replace that look I’d seen on Denny’s face.
这是否是个好决定 不由我说
It’s not for me to say whether it’s the right decision or not.
但是 无论如何
But, for what it’s worth,
我百分之百地支持你
I support you on this a hundred percent.
我也是
Me, too.
你该这么做
You’re doing what you have to do.
佐伊长大的时候会明白的
Zoe will understand when she’s older.
探视时间和我们讨论的一样
The visitation schedule will be as we discussed.
加上 夏天三周时间
Plus, three weeks in the summer,
圣诞节和四月假期各一周
a week at Christmas, and the April school break.
但那些指控怎么办
But what about the charges?
它们会立即被撤销
They’ll be dropped immediately.
像我说的 丹尼 我们有优势
Like I said, Denny, we had leverage.
我喉咙里猛然生起一阵惊恐
A sharp panic rose in my throat.
我需要支笔
I need a pen.
我还在做梦吗
Was I still dreaming?
这家伙是谁 这个冒名顶替的
Who was this person, this impostor?
他把丹尼怎么了
What had he done with Denny?
不好意思 只能找到这支
Sorry. Only one I could find.
然后一切都清楚了 那不是丹尼
And then all was revealed. Mmm, it wasn’t Denny.
是那只斑马
It was the zebra.
我已经阻止过这个恶魔
I’d been in a position to prevent the demon
毁掉佐伊的玩具 并且失败了
from destroying Zoe’s toys and I’d failed.
我知道得阻止它 但怎么做
I knew I had to stop it, but how?
恩佐 恩佐 把文件给我
Enzo! Enzo! Give me those papers!
过来 恩佐
Come here! Enzo!
它要去哪 出了窗户
Where’d he go? Out the window!
恩佐 把文件给我
Enzo, you give me those papers!
这不好笑 托尼 恩佐 放下来 别
It’s not funny, Tony. Enzo, drop it! No!
这有点好笑
I mean, it’s kind of funny.
好 我懂你的意思了 我明白了
Hey, hey, okay, you made your point. You made your point.
给他们的律师打电♥话♥
Call their lawyers.
说法庭见
Tell ’em we’ll see ’em in court.
这一次我站恩佐
I’m with Enzo on this one.
你确定吗
You’re sure?
我给伊芙承诺过
I made Eve a promise.
我不会放弃的
I’m not quitting.
伙计 我也要养条狗
Man, I got to get me a dog.
丹尼准备冒险了
Denny was prepared to risk everything.
输了案子就输了佐伊
Lose the case and he would lose Zoe.
像往常一样我注意到了他那早的呼吸
His breathing that moming struck me as unusual.
深吸入 快呼出
Deep inhalations, quick exhalations.
我认出了这个声音
It was a sound I recognized.
这是他在比赛前才用的呼吸
It was the way he breathed just before a race.
时候到了 恩佐
This is it, Enz.
是托尼
It’s Tony.
伙计 谢谢你能过来
Hey, man. Thanks for coming by.