也就是在他离婚之前
divorcewise.
明智之举
That’s very wise.
晚安 巴克斯特先生 – 晚安
Good night, Mr.Baxter. – Good night.
巴克斯特 你能到我这里来一下吗?
Baxter, could you step in here a minute?
好的 舍尔爵克先生
Yes, Mr.Sheldrake.
这是你要的东西 – 非常感谢
There you are. – Much obliged.
这是员工离职率
Here are the figures on staff turnover.
37%的女性员工为了结婚而离职 22%…
37% of females leave to get married and 22%…
巴克斯特 你工作太辛苦了
Baxter, you work too hard.
今天是除夕 放松点
It’s New Year’s Eve. Relax!
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
我想 今天晚上你应该庆祝一番
I suppose you’ll be celebrating tonight.
那是自然 – 我准备约库伯利克小姐出来
Naturally. – I’m taking Miss Kubelik out.
我像和她促膝畅谈 – 我明白
I finally talked her into it. – I see.
唯一的问题是 我还住在运动娱乐
The only thing is, I’m staying at the Athletic Club
那里不太方便
and it’s strictly stag, so…
如果你不介意的话?
If you don’t mind?
不介意什么 – 你知道的 你公♥寓♥的钥匙
Don’t mind what? – You know my key to your apartment?
就是我们被库伯利克小姐吓了一跳的地方
When we had that little scare about Miss Kubelik,…
我早就忘记了 – 非常聪明
..l threw it out the window of the train. – Very clever.
所以现在我要借用你的钥匙
So now I’ll have to borrow your key.
不好意思 舍尔爵克先生 – 不好意思 为什么?
Sorry, Mr.Sheldrake. – What do you mean, sorry?
你不能带任何人再到我的公♥寓♥来
You’re not bringing anybody to my apartment.
不是别人 是库伯利克小姐
It’s not just anybody. It’s Miss Kubelik.
她更不行
Especially not Miss Kubelik.
我再问你一遍?- 不行
How’s that again? – No key.
巴克斯特 我把你调到我身边
Baxter, I picked you for my team
是因为我觉得你是一个非常聪明的年轻人
because I thought you were a bright young man.
你知道你在干什么吗?
Do you realise what you’re doing?
这对我没什么 但是对你呢?
Not to me, but to yourself?
正常来说 你要花长时间才能到27楼工作
Normally it takes years to work your way up to the 27th floor.
但可能只需30秒钟 你就可以被扫地出门
But it only takes 30 seconds to be out on the street again.
你懂吗?- 我懂
You dig? – I dig.
那你现在应该怎么办呢?
So what’s it going to be?
这样才对 – 谢谢 先生
Now you’re being bright. – Thank you, sir.
巴克斯特 你拿错钥匙给我了 – 没有
Baxter, you gave me the wrong key. – No, I didn’t.
但这是经理盥洗室的钥匙
But this is the key to the executive washroom.
没错 我不再需要它了
That’s right. I won’t be needing it
因为我要离开这里了
because I’m all washed up around here.
你傻了吗?- 你要听我的话
What’s gotten into you? – Just following doctor’s orders.
我要做一个高尚的人
I’ve decided to become a mensch.
你明白吗 做一个堂堂正正的人
Know what that means? A human being.
等等 巴克斯特
Now hold on, Baxter.
这种逢迎拍马的老伎俩没用了
The old payola won’t work any more.
再见 舍尔爵克先生
Goodbye, Mr.Sheldrake.
我们的聚会没有冰了 能过来拿一些吗?
We’re having a party and ran out of ice.
好的 医生
Sure, Doc.
在除夕之夜 你怎么一个人呢
How come you’re alone on New Year’s Eve?
哦 我要做一些事情
Well, I got things to do.
这是干什么 你在收拾行李?
What’s this? You’re packing?
是的 我准备离开这里
Yeah. I’m giving up the apartment.
你要到哪里发展呢?
Where are you moving to?
我不知道
I don’t know.
不过有一点可以确认 就是离开这里
All I know is I gotta get outta this place.
巴克斯特 看到你要走 我很难过
Sorry to lose you, Baxter.
我?哦 我的身体 不要担心
Me? Oh, my body. Don’t worry,
我还会捐给大学的 我在写申请
it’ll go to the university, Doc. I’ll put it in writing.
需要香槟吗?- 我们不喝酒
Could you use some champagne? – Booze we don’t need.
嘿 为什么不和我们一起玩呢
Say, why don’t you join us?
我们有两个脑外科医生 一个直肠病学家
We got two brain surgeons, a proctologist
三个从贝利弗来的护士
and three nurses from Bellevue.
不用 谢谢 我现在没心情
No, thanks. I don’t feel like it.
万一以后 我们碰不到面了
In case I don’t see you again,
我怎么偿还你帮我照顾那个女孩的人情呢
how much do I owe you for taking care of that girl?
不要想了 我没当自己是医生
Forget it. I didn’t do it as a doctor.
我只是在尽 一个邻居的义务
I did it as a neighbour.
顺便问一下 她现在怎么样了?
By the way, whatever happened to her?
你知道我和女孩如何谈得了
You know me with girls.
来也匆匆 去也匆匆
Easy come, easy go.
再见 医生 – 新年快乐
Goodbye, Doc. – Happy New Year.
不好意思 我打了太久的电♥话♥
Sorry I took so long on the phone.
一起都准备好了
We’re all set.
干什么?- 我租了一辆车
For what? – I rented a car. It’ll be here at one.
一起开车到亚特兰大 – 亚特兰大?
We’re driving to Atlantic City. – Atlantic City?
我知道太远了
I know it’s a drag,
可是在除夕之夜 纽约的酒店根本没有空房♥间
but you can’t find a hotel room in town on New Year’s Eve.
辞旧迎新
Ring out the old year, ring in the new.
我们来狂欢吧
Ring-a-ding-ding.
我也不想这样的 这都是巴克斯特的错
I didn’t plan it this way. It’s Baxter’s fault.
巴克斯特?
Baxter?
他不愿意给我公♥寓♥的钥匙
He wouldn’t give me the key to the apartment.
他不愿意?- 是的 他辞职了
He wouldn’t? – No. He just walked out on me. Quit.
抛弃了这么好的工作
Threw that big, fat job right in my face.
神经病
The nerve.
废物一个 毕竟他的一切都是我给的
The little punk. After all I did for him.
还说 我再也不能带任何人到他的公♥寓♥
Said I couldn’t bring anybody to the apartment,
特别是库伯利克小姐
especially not Miss Kubelik.
那么 他为什么要和你作对呢?
What’s he got against you, anyway?
我不知道 也许这是最好的解决办法
I don’t know. I guess that’s the way it crumbles,
就像粉碎的小甜饼一样
cookiewise.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
我想为你把它拼出来 可是我不会
I’d spell it out for you, only I can’t spell.
# Should auld acquaintance be forgot #
# And never brought to mind…#
新年快乐 弗兰
Happy New Year, Fran.
# And days of auld lang syne #
# For auld lang syne, my dear #
# For auld lang syne #
# We’ll drink a cup of kindness yet #
# For auld lang syne #
弗兰?
Fran?
你跑哪里去了 弗兰?
Where are you, Fran?
巴克斯特先生
Mr.Baxter!
巴克斯特先生
Mr.Baxter!
巴克斯特先生 巴克斯特先生
Mr.Baxter! Mr.Baxter!
天啊
Oh!
你还好吗?- 我很好
Are you all right? – I’m fine.
你确定?你的膝盖怎么样?
Are you sure? How’s your knee?
浑身上下都没有问题
I’m fine all over.
介意我进来吗?- 当然不
Mind if I come in? – Of course not.
我给你拿一只杯子
Let me get another glass.
你准备去哪里?- 天知道
Where are you going? – Who knows?
到另一个城市找另外一个邻居 再找另外一份工作
Another neighbourhood, another town, another job.
我现在一个人过
I’m on my own.
太有趣了 我也是
That’s funny. So am l.
你把牌放哪里去了?
What’d you do with the cards?
在那里
In there.
那舍尔爵克先生呢
What about Mr.Sheldrake?
我会每个圣诞节送他一个水果蛋糕
I’m gonna send him a fruitcake every Christmas.
切牌
Cut.
我爱你 库伯利克小姐
I love you, Miss Kubelik.
Three
Queen
你听到我说什么了吗 库伯利克小姐?
Did you hear what I said, Miss Kubelik?
我真是太爱你了
I absolutely adore you.
闭嘴 我们打牌
Shut up and deal.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!