但是你姐姐认为你还是一个小女孩
But your sister thinks you’re a lady.
我们只是在这里吃饭
All we were gonna do was eat!
如果这里不是有位女士在场的话
If there wasn’t a lady present,
我会痛扁你一顿的
I’d clobber you.
好的 卡尔 我去穿衣服
All right, Karl! I’ll get dressed.
来一杯马提尼如何?
Want a martini?
来一些我做的意大利肉酱面?
How about some spaghetti with meat sauce that I cooked myself?
你姐夫实在太恐怖了
Your sister-in-law sure is terrific.
如果他开车穿越纽约市区 肯定会害死很多人的
It must be murder drivin’ a cab in New York with the cross-town traffic.
嗨 巴克斯特 病人现在情况怎么样?
Hi, Baxter. How’s the patient?
哦 我还好 医生
Oh, uh… I’m fine, Doc.
不是你 是库伯利克小姐
Not you. Miss Kubelik.
库伯利克小姐 发生什么事情了?
What’s the matter with Miss Kubelik?
他是马塔斯奇卡先生 一个出租车司机
This is Mr.Matuschka. He’s… got a cab.
弗兰生病了吗?- 没有 出了一点小意外
Fran been sick? – No. Just a little accident.
他的话是什么意思 意外?
What does he mean, accident?
哦 是这样的 这些事情一直都在发生
Well… these things happen all the time.
什么事情?你究竟当的什么医生?
What things? What kind of a doctor are you?
不是你想的那样 他只是给她打了一针
Not that kind! He just gave her a shot,
然后洗了一下胃
pumped out her stomach.
为什么?
What for?
我吃了安♥眠♥药♥ 不过我现在已经没事了
I took sleeping pills. But I’m fine now.
你为什么吃安♥眠♥药♥?- 因为我
Why’d you take sleeping pills? – On account of me.
你?
You?
能有其他人吗?
Who else?
放开他
Leave him alone!
哦 你这个傻瓜 太傻了
Oh, you fool. You damn fool.
快走 弗兰 – 巴克斯特先生 再见
Come on, Fran. – Goodbye, Mr.Baxter.
再见 医生
Goodbye, Doctor.
好了 我不想幸灾乐祸
Well, I don’t wanna gloat,
不过你刚才确实很有勇气承担责任
but just between us, you had it coming to you.
你明天就会有一个黑眼圈
You’re gonna have a shiner tomorrow.
让我拿一下包
Let me get my bag.
不用担心 医生
Don’t bother, Doc.
伤的不是很厉害
It doesn’t hurt a bit.
舍尔爵克先生办公室吗?
Mr.Sheldrake’s office?
我是CC 巴克斯特
This is CC Baxter.
请告诉他 我想现在就见他
Please tell him I’d like to come up and see him.
有很重要的事情
It’s important.
请问你能打回来吗?
Will you call me back, please?
舍尔爵克先生 我有好消息要告诉你
Mr.Sheldrake, I’ve got good news for you.
所有的麻烦都结束了
All your troubles are over.
我想我可以帮你摆脱库伯利克小姐
I’m gonna take Miss Kubelik off your hands.
事实就是 我喜欢她
The plain fact is, I love her.
我想你是第一个知道的人
I thought you should be the first to know.
毕竟 你不喜欢她 而我却喜欢
After all, you don’t really want her, and I do.
虽然这听起来有些专横
And though it may sound presumptuous,
但是她需要我这样的人来照顾
she needs somebody like me.
于是 我想我应该是最适合的人选
So I think it would be best all around.
这样才能解决问题
Solutionwise.
喂?
Yes?
我马上上来
I’ll be right up.
舍尔爵克先生 我有好消息要告诉你
Mr.Sheldrake, I’ve got good news for you.
所有的麻烦都结束了
All your troubles are over.
19楼
19.
嗨 巴克小伙子 你怎么了?
Hi, Buddy-boy. What happened to you?
被门撞到了吗?
Hit by a swinging door?
或者被黄色出租车撞到了
Or a yellow cab?
那个家伙可能已经揍了他
That guy really must’ve belted him.
是的 你看他已经心不在焉 自言自语
Yeah. He’s punchy. Talking to himself.
27楼
27.
这两天 她住在我的公♥寓♥里
Those two days she spent in the apartment…
才让我意识到 我原来多么孤独
made me realise how lonely I’d been before.
但是多亏了你 让我有足够的收入来娶她
But, thanks to you, I’m in a financial position to marry her.
如果我能和她的家人协商好的话
If I can ever square things with her family.
早上好 CC巴克斯特先生
Good morning. CC Baxter.
他已经到了 – 让他进来
Mr.Baxter is here. – Send him in.
舍尔爵克先生 我有好消息要告诉你
Mr.Sheldrake, I’ve got good news for you.
巴克斯特 我也有好消息告诉你
And I’ve got good news for you, Baxter.
所有的问题都迎刃而解了 – 先生?
All your troubles are over. – Sir?
我知道你很担心库伯利克小姐
I know how worried you were about Miss Kubelik.
现在你不用管了
Stop worrying.
我要把她从你那接过来
I’m going to take her off your hands.
从我这里接过去 – 很对
You’re gonna take her off my hands? – That’s right.
我已经从家里搬出来了
I’ve moved out of the house.
目前打算住在镇上的运动俱乐部
I’m gonna be staying in town, at the Athletic Club.
你和你妻子离婚了?
You left your wife.
如果你想知道 我告诉你 我炒掉了我的秘书
If you must know, I fired my secretary.
我的秘书告诉了我妻子 我妻子炒掉我
My secretary got to my wife, and my wife fired me.
对我而言 真是一个重大的不幸
Ain’t that a kick in the head?
是的
Yeah.
巴克斯特 你有什么好消息要告诉我
Now what’s your news, Baxter?
是关于库伯利克小姐的
It’s about Miss Kubelik.
她现在完全康复 然后回家去了
She’s feeling all right again so she went home.
很好 我没有忘记你为我做的事情
Swell. And don’t think I’ve forgotten what you did for me.
这边来 巴克斯特
This way, Baxter.
坐下 大小合适吗?
Sit down. Try it on for size.
喜欢吗?这里都是你的 – 我的?
You like? It’s all yours. – Mine?
我的助理已经被轮调到丹佛的办公室
My assistant has been shifted to the Denver office
由你来接替他的位置
and you’re taking his place.
怎么了 有什么事情吗?
What’s the matter?
你看起来好像并不很兴奋
You don’t seem very excited.
哦 只是很多事情变化太快了 让我无所适从
Well, it’s just that so many things have been happening so fast.
我很高兴 尤其为库伯利克小姐高兴
I’m very pleased. Especially for Miss Kubelik.
我觉得她就是那种值得娶的女孩
I think she’s the kind of girl that definitely ought to be married to… someone.
当然 当然 首先我要处理好财产问题
Sure, sure. But first the property has to be settled.
然后再花六个星期的时间在雷诺休息
Then it takes six weeks in Reno.
同时 我也要好好享受一下单身汉的快乐
Meanwhile I’m going to enjoy being a bachelor for a while.
对了 巴克斯特 你可以在经理餐厅吃饭了
Oh, Baxter, you now can have lunch in the executive dining room.
这是你担任这一工作的特权之一
That’s one of the privileges that goes with this job.
你还可以公费报销一些项目
You also get a nice little expense account,
使用经理盥洗室
use of the executive washroom…
嘿 巴克斯特 你怎么了?
Say, what happened to you, Baxter?
我也备受打击 – 哦?
I got kicked in the head too. – Oh?
晚安 巴克斯特先生
Good evening, Mr.Baxter.

Oh.
库伯利克小姐 你现在感觉如何?
Miss Kubelik. How are you feeling?
我很好 你的眼睛怎么样了?- 哦 没事
I feel fine. How’s your eye? – Oh, fine.
公♥寓♥现在怎么样?
How are things at the apartment?
还是老样子 什么都没变
Nothing’s changed.
我们那个牌局还没有打完呢 – 我知道
We never did finish that gin game. – I know.
我想你已经知道舍尔爵克的事情了吧
I suppose you heard about Mr.Sheldrake.
和他夫人离婚?对 我很为他高兴
Leaving his wife? Yeah. I’m very happy for you.
我从来没有想过他会做这件事情
I never thought he’d do it.
我早就告诉过你了
I told you all along.
你对舍尔爵克先生有一些误会
You were wrong about Mr.Sheldrake.
我想是的吧
I guess so.
你对我也有一些误会
You were wrong about me too.
就是关于谁泡谁和谁被泡的问题
What you said about those who take and those who get took.
舍尔爵克先生没有利用我 我在玩他 明白吗?
Mr.Sheldrake wasn’t using me. I was using him. See?
上个月我在19楼的861号♥桌子
Last month I was at desk 861 on the 19th floor.
现在我在27楼了
Now I’m on the 27th floor.
带有套间的办公室 还有三扇窗户
A panelled office, three windows.
因此一切都发展得很好 我们各得其所
So it all worked out fine. We’re both getting what we wanted.
是的 你能陪我到地铁吗?
Yes. Will you walk me to the subway?
不了 谢谢
No, thank you.
我告诉你 我今天晚上有一个很重要的约会
Well, l… To tell you the truth, I have this heavy date for tonight.
你不和舍尔爵克先生会面吗?
Aren’t you meeting Mr.Sheldrake?
不 你知道人言可畏的
No. You know how people talk.
我决定在所有事情都解决好之前不和他见面
I decided it was best not to see each other until everything was settled,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!