on the north face of the Mendenhall Towers.
在山顶 有手♥机♥信♥号♥♥
At the summit, there was cell reception.
所以马克给他的妈妈和布雷特发了短♥信♥
So Marc sent text messages to his mom and to Brette.
莱恩给他女朋友发了视频信息
And Ryan sent a video message to his girlfriend.
宝贝 为什么没和我在这里?
Hey, babe, figured why not be up here with me?
-马克 就在那里 -是啊
-Marc, right there. -Yeah.
这里真的很美
Pretty amazing up here.
我们还有很长的路要走
We’ve got a long way to get down,
所以我们要走了
so we’re gonna get to it.
下山看起来并不容易
The descent does not look straightforward.
但是到第二天早上
But by the next morning,
没有人收到他们的消息
nobody had heard from them.
布雷特当时在塔斯马尼亚海岸外的一艘帆船上
Brette was on a sailboat off the coast of Tasmania.
她是第一个意识到他们入住时间晚了的人
She was the first to realize they were late to check in.
她联♥系♥了搜寻救援人员
She contacted search and rescue,
登上了下一趟航♥班♥
took the next flight out,
着陆阿♥拉♥斯加后联♥系♥我们
and called us when she landed in Alaska.
-妈的 -我不知道 皮特
-Fuck! -Yeah, so I don’t know, Pete.
-很抱歉 -我不知道该做什么
-I’m so sorry. -I don’t know what to do.
我不知道正在发生什么
I don’t know what’s gonna happen
如果… 或是发生了
or what would happen if…
一个斯夸米什的登山者在阿♥拉♥斯加失踪了
A climber from Squamish has gone missing in Alaska.
最后一次看见马克·安德烈·勒克莱尔和另一个登山者
Marc-Andre Leclerc and another climber
是在三月四日
were last seen on March 4th.
我们跟随布莱特到了朱诺
We followed Brette up to Juneau
在搜救办公处见到了马克的家人
and met Marc’s family at the search and rescue office.
马克的一些朋友
Some of Marc’s friends from Squamish
也从斯夸米什赶来帮助搜寻
had come along to help with the search.
可是暴风雪席卷而来
But a storm had rolled in,
所以无法乘直升机到达那里
so nobody could get a helicopter in there.
所有人能做的只有等待天气好转
All we could do was wait for the weather to break
希望他们还活着
and hope that somehow, they were still alive up there.
经过四天痛苦折磨
After four agonizing days,
天气终于好转
the weather finally cleared enough
可以去搜救了
for search and rescue
乘直升机进入那个区域
to fly a helicopter into that zone
并获取他们下降路线的图像
and get visuals of their descent route.
因为刚下过雪
With all the new snow,
情况危险 无法在那里降落
conditions were too dangerous to land there,
但是他们发现了一根绳子
but they spotted a rope.
被雪崩碎片覆盖
It was covered in avalanche debris
很明显马克和瑞安被埋在那里
and it was clear that Marc and Ryan were buried there.
没有任何生存机会
There was no chance of survival.
我们希望能找到他们的尸体 但是…
We were hoping to do a recovery of their bodies but…
并没有找到 他们消失在冰川中
it didn’t happen. They just disappeared into the glacier.
我记得坐在那里
I remember sitting out there
在冰原上 我想
on the ice field and wondering, like,
“我为什么没跟他在一起?”
“Why wasn’t I with him?”
我觉得我应该在那里
Like, I felt I should’ve been there.
我不知道生活会那么痛苦
I didn’t even know that life could be that painful.
直到体验到那种痛苦 我才知道那种痛苦是存在的
I didn’t even know it existed until you experience it.
就好像我们生活在幸福的魔法生活中
It’s like we’re kind of living in this blissful magical life,
然后你被痛苦的冲击波击中
and then you’re hit with this shockwave of pain,
你再也不会是原来的你了
and you’ll never be the same.
他时候 我不关心任何事了
After he died, I just didn’t care about anything.
没什么是要紧的
Nothing mattered.
也许我也会消失
Maybe I would just disappear also.
但是 马上想起了
But then I remembered this conversation
马克和我的对话
that I had with Marc.
马克说如果他出事了
Marc said that if something happened to him,
他要我继续下去
he wants me to keep going.
他不想让我失去勇气
He didn’t want me to lose my spirit.
他希望我继续登山 继续热爱生活
He just wanted me to keep climbing, keep loving life,
能够快乐
and be happy. Yeah.
你不知道那有多难
You have no idea how hard it is.
说起来容易 但真要去做…
In theory you can say it, but to actually be living that…
我回到了阿♥拉♥斯加
I went back to Alaska.
那里真美
It’s so beautiful there,
然而没有他在身边又是那么糟糕
but being there without him felt so awful.
我很痛苦
I was in so much pain
我能感受到的只有时间
and the only time I could feel an escape from that
在山间流逝
was being in the mountains.
我一次次回到我们一起攀登的地方
I keep returning to these places we climbed together.
那里充满了他的气息
They are infused with him.
我偶然发现了这个岩钉,我肯定那是马克的
I came upon this piton and I’m certain it’s Marc’s.
我感觉到你在这里 马克
I feel like you’re here, Marc.
我如此的想念他 想念和他一起探险的日子
I just miss him so much, like, I miss our adventures together.
但我知道你希望我在这里
But I know that you’d want me to be here
我知道你会感到骄傲
and I know that you’d be proud.
他的经典笑容
Just his typical smile.
是的
Yeah.
你们的笑容都很像
You guys have a similar smile.
我做着日复一日的事情
How I’m doing is a day-to-day thing.
没有了马克·安德烈
Without Marc-Andre, yeah,
就像整个世界突然
it was like something was suddenly
发生了不可逆转的错误
and irrevocably wrong with the universe.
这 不应该这样的
It was, like, that’s just not how it should be.
很抱歉
I’m sorry.
用一种无法形容的方式 你去了另一个地方
In some indefinable way, you’ve moved to another place
而你得在那里学会如何生活
and you have to learn how to live there.
事故发生几个月后
A few months after the accident,
一些朋友来到斯夸米什
friends came to Squamish
从世界各地过来纪念马克
from all over the world to celebrate Marc.
他是独一无二的
He was one of a kind.
他是独♥立♥一个人
He was an individual individual.
他只是燃烧得很耀眼
He just burned very bright
他留下了不可磨灭的印记
and he left an indelible mark
在很短的时间内 他对很多人都有影响 不是吗?
on a lot of people in a short time, didn’t he?
有很多个你
Wow, there’s a lot of you.
很多父母知道 养育孩子是件辛苦的事情
As any parent knows, raising children is a tough job,
但是我很感激
but I am thankful
至少上帝赐予恩典
that at least God granted me the grace
让我理解我的儿子
to understand this about my son,
而不是阻挡他对群山的热爱
to not stand in the way of his passion for the mountains.
当然 我担心
Of course, I worried.
哪有做母亲的不担心自己养育的孩子离开她 走进
What mother doesn’t worry about the children she’s raised to leave her and go out
那个美丽而又危险和破碎的世界呢?
into this beautiful but dangerous and broken world?
曝光了
It’s so exposed.
我相信马克·安德烈
I believe Marc-Andre
过了他自己想要过的生活
lived the life he was intended to live.
那就是他要丈量大山
That he was meant to scale mountains,
立于峰顶 找到通往孤独山谷之路
stand on summits, find his way into lonely valleys…
非常快乐
Super happy.
用心爱着
…and love one woman
一个女人 他的布莱特
with all his heart, his little B.
-你好吗 布莱特? -很冷
-How are you, Brette? -It’s pretty chilly.
托尔金在《霍比特人》中的说:
Tolkien in The Hobbitsays,
“在这个世界没有安全的路径
“There are no safe paths in this part of the world.
你现在已经到了荒野的边缘”
You’re over the edge of the wild now.”
是啊 看看吧
Oh, yeah, look at that.
马克·安德烈
Well, Marc-Andre,
你现在真的已经到了荒野的边缘
you are truly over the edge of the wild now.
暴风雨带来了一阵强劲的北风
The storm came in with a strong north wind.
我希望那里的山很美
I hope the mountains there are amazing
日落也很美
and the sunsets are beautiful.
当风暴的风眼掠过我们的时候
And then it cleared for a bit
天气晴朗了一会儿
as the eye of the storm passed over us.
我们因为拥有
We are all richer
你这样的儿子、兄弟、伙伴和朋友而富有
for calling you son, brother, partner and friend.
哇哦
Whoo!
谢谢你给我们25年的宝贵时光

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!