这两者之间只有毫厘之差
and having that pick explode off of it is very, very small.
我不确定我是否见过
I don’t know if I’ve seen someone
有人在冰天雪地里
climb bare-handed with ice tools
带着冰具徒手攀爬
in the freezing temps, being able to improvise
并能够在岩石和冰层之间自如切换攀爬
between pulling on the rock and pulling on ice tools.
他结合了所有非常规的技巧
He’s just combining all these unconventional tactics.
马克独自攀上的斯坦利斗壁 就是 “哇哦
Marc soloing the Stanley Headwall, it’s just like, “Wow!
我做梦都没想到能这样”
I never thought of that in my wildest dreams.”
-怎么样? -非常有趣
-How was it? -It was super fun. Yeah.
-吓人吗? -不 不见得
-Scary? -No, not particularly.
-就像平常的攀岩? -很不错的一次攀岩
-Just another day out? -A really good day out. Yeah.
绝对值得记忆的一天
Definitely a memorable day out.
马克·安德烈独自攀岩的线路
Marc-Andre soloing those routes
非常令人震惊
was pretty stunning.
就在那里 我不禁惊呼 “哇哦
I think right there that made me sit up and go, “Wow!
这家伙是谁?”
Who is this guy?”
我在一个叫作奇利瓦克小镇边上长大
I grew up near a town called Chilliwack.
在奇利瓦克 你会成为一个
In Chilliwack, you become completely desensitized
习惯牛粪味的人
to the smell of cow manure,
不过那里被美丽的群山环绕
but it’s surrounded by beautiful mountains.
我小时候 父亲从事建筑行业
When we were growing up, my dad was doing construction jobs
母亲在饭店工作
and my mom was serving in restaurants.
你和你妈妈不亲近吗?
Aren’t you and your mom really close?
不是的
Yeah.
我的母亲 对我影响非常大
My mom, she’s definitely been a big influence on me.
不太好说
It’s kind of hard to explain.
她一直是我真正的朋友
We’ve just been really good friends my whole life.
马克·安德烈小时候确实有一些挑战
Marc-Andre did have some challenges as a kid.
他当然不是
He certainly didn’t come into this world
生出来就会登山
as a square peg ready to fit into a square hole.
他被诊断为儿童多动症
And he had a diagnosis of ADHD.
所以 他不能长时间安坐
So, he didn’t sit still for very long
也不容易适应正常的教育环境
and he didn’t fit easily into the typical educational environment.
幼儿园头一年很棒
Kindergarten was awesome, like, that first year.
你用积木做东西 做艺术
You build things out of blocks, and do art,
诸如此类的东西
and that kind of stuff.
不过进入真正的一年级
When it started into actual first grade,
不得不坐在课桌前
and we had to sit at our desks,
对我来说 那真是个灾难
it turned into hell for me.
对于一个非常喜欢学习
For a kid who had a ton of energy,
且精力旺盛的孩子来说
who loved to learn,
他失去了学习的乐趣
he was losing his, his joy in learning,
你知道 在学校就是这样
you know, to be in school,
所以 我跨了一步
so I made the leap
有一阵 我在家里教育他
and I schooled him at home for a while.
我们在家里做功课
We’d do some schoolwork for a while.
通常是在午饭后
Usually it would finish at lunchtime.
我们一起做一些有趣的事情
And we would do cool things together
例如进入森林探险 识别植物
like go explore the forest and identify plants,
而不是一味坐在书桌前
instead of just always sitting at your desk.
如果你小时候从来没有自♥由♥地
If you’re never given free rein
去冒点小险
to have little adventures as a kid,
你绝不会真正了解自己是谁
you never really learn who you are,
也不会知道自己长处和弱点
you don’t learn what your strengths or your weaknesses are,
永远不会知道你有能力
and you never learn that you’re capable.
她让我自己发掘自己想做的事
She wanted me to discover what I wanted to do
而不是由她决定我一生应该做什么
rather than pick out what she thought I should do with my life.
我们可能没什么钱
We may not have had two cents to rub together,
但我们从不缺书 马克是个贪婪的读者
but we always had books and Marc-Andre was a voracious reader.
他对冒险非常有兴趣
He was really captured by adventure,
所以我们买♥♥了一屋子各种书籍
so we had a house full of those kind of books.
他对什么书越感兴趣 我就给他更多这类书籍
And the more interest he showed in them, the more books I provided for him.
那会儿我8岁
I must have been, like, eight years old.
那是一本很大的 很棒的画册
It was this big, awesome picture book
讲述的都是探险故事
with stories from all these expeditions.
有一个关于山脉的探险的故事
And the ones about mountains
深深吸引了我
always really captured my attention.
在积满雪的山峰上
Looking at pictures of big snowy peaks,
几个人用冰镐攀爬
guys with ice axes trying to climb these things,
我说不清楚 那真的
I don’t know, it seemed really…
很勇敢
brave.
我深受那些登山者的鼓舞
I was so inspired by all of these climbers of the past
决定成为登山者
and I wanted to be a part of it.
比如 带上传统的什么东西
Like, carrying on the tradition or something.
最初 就是条牛仔裤 跑鞋
At first, it was just jeans, running shoes,
口袋里装上一些麦片
a few granola bars in the pocket.
总是偏离线路 从来不带绳子或别的什么东西
Always off trail, never had a rope or anything.
那段时间 我很担心
At times, I was concerned
他也许会出事
something could happen to him out there,
不过他方向感很好
but he had a great sense of direction,
而且他登山时非常自信
and he was very confident when he was out and about.
经过几年的攀爬
After, like, a couple of years of scrambling around by myself,
很自然的掌握了攀岩技巧
it just naturally progressed to technical climbing.
当我进入大山进行冒险时
When I’m in the mountains on a big adventure,
生活变得非常简单
life is so incredibly simple.
我全神贯注
I’m, like, totally focused.
我不会有缩头缩脑
I don’t feel that squirrel-brained,
或者焦躁之类的感觉
twitchy sort of stuff.
我感觉头脑清晰 心态平静 一切可控
I have the feeling of clarity and calmness and control.
在我的登山生涯中
The whole climbing part of my life,
一切井然有序
everything was falling into place.
可我回到学校去读高中时
But then, like, I went back to school for high school.
他最终不得不回到学校
He eventually had to go back
学习标准课程
to the standard curriculum at school.
我觉得对他来说那如同关禁闭
I think to him it was like a form of incarceration.
救救我
Help me!
他从不找麻烦
He was never looking for trouble,
但他似乎确实找到了
but he certainly seemed to find it.
爆竹爆♥炸♥了!
Firecrackers explode!
很明显 他绝不会从事
It was clear he was never going to get
朝九晚五的工作或生活
a standard nine-to-five job or life.
他从来就不是那种人
He was never wired that way.
我是马克·安德烈·约瑟夫·勒克莱尔
Hi, I’m Marc-Andre Joseph Leclerc.
也许你听说过我
You might have heard of me.
我正在攀爬世界上最大岩壁
I am doing some of the biggest walls in the world.
他16岁毕业时
When he graduated at 16,
他做贴石膏板工作 挣些钱
he was doing drywall, making some money.
那会儿他并没有明确的目的和计划
He didn’t have a real clear purpose or plan at that point.
我跟他说 “如果你想登山
I told him, “If you want to do this climbing thing,
那还等什么呢?”
what are you waiting for?”
然后他走了 马克·安德烈找到了自♥由♥
And off he went. Marc-Andre found freedom to be himself.
他会尽其所能去做好的
He’s going to go as far as he can take it.
-这样就好啦 -对的
-We got it! -Yeah, yeah.
你能不能来个面无表情
Can you just do a kind of blank…?
那会看起来像个白♥痴♥
I’m gonna look like an idiot.
微笑
Smile.
马克计划成为全职登山者
Marc’s plan to become a full-time climber
当然 这似乎是可行的
certainly seemed to be working out.
最近他有了首家赞助商
He’d recently landed his first sponsorship.
而我们正在拍摄关于他的影片
And here we were making a film about him.
-没开玩笑 -真的吗?
-Serious. -Really serious?
如你护照般真实
Really serious, like your passport.
不过马克没什么耐心摆姿势
But Marc had little patience for posing.
很快就不耐烦了
And he was getting restless.
当我们作下一场拍摄计划时
As we were planning the next shoot,
马克突然消失了
Marc just suddenly dropped off the radar
不知所踪
to who knows where.
我们甚至给他买♥♥了一部电♥话♥保持联♥系♥
We’d even bought him a phone to keep in contact…
-抱歉 -…可他没接电♥话♥
-I’m sorry. -…but he wasn’t picking up.
您所呼叫号♥码的语♥音♥信箱尚未设置
The person you called has a voicemail box that has not been set up.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!