♪ That you loved me ♪
♪ 你爱我依然 ♪
♪ You loved me still the same ♪
♪ 你爱着我 ♪
♪ That you loved me ♪
♪ 你爱我依然 ♪
♪ You loved me still the same ♪
您就是阿齐先生
Mr. Archer, I think.
正是
Yes.
我姓里维埃
My name is Riviere.
去年我们在巴黎曾一起吃饭
I dined with you in Paris last year.
对 抱歉 我一时没想起来
Yes. I’m sorry. I didn’t quite recall.
我昨天在波士顿看见你 所以一眼就认出你来
Quite all right. I had the advantage. I saw you in Boston yesterday.
我奉奥兰斯卡伯爵之命前来
I came here on Count Olenski’s behalf.
我相信她该回到丈夫身边
Because I believed in all good faith that she should return to him.
抱歉
Forgive me.
抱歉 先生
Forgive me, monsieur,
我真的不明白
but I really don’t understand your purpose
你为何来找我
in coming to see me.
她变了
She’s changed, monsieur.
您跟她是旧识吗
You knew her before?
我常在伯爵家中见到她
I used to see her at her husband’s house, yes.
伯爵不会将此事托给陌生人
Well, the count would not have entrusted my mission to a stranger.
你提到她变了
This change that you mentioned.
这是我头一遭见到她真情流露
It may only have been my seeing her for the first time,
美国式的真情流露
as she is, as an American.
她本有心做个贤妻良母
She made her marriage in good faith.
但伯爵却无法体会
It was a faith the Count could not share,
难以理解
could not understand.
所以 她的信念
So, her faith was…
粉碎了
Detruit?
破裂了 毁灭了 – 毁灭了
Broken. Destroyed. – Destroyed.
她回欧洲虽可过优裕的生活
Returning to Europe would mean a life of some comfort,
但牺牲太大
and considerable sacrifice.
而且难以再续前缘
And, I would think, no hope.
当然了 我会依约
I will, of course, fulfil my obligation to the Count,
拜访她的家人
and meet with the family.
并转达伯爵的意愿
I will tell them everything that he suggests, and wishes for the Countess.
但也希望你能动用你的影响力
But I would ask you to use your influence with them.
求你叫她千万别回头
I beg you, monsieur. Do not let her go back.
巴克斯特·潘尼罗夫人死后
When old Mrs. Baxter Pennilow died,
家人才发现
they found her standing order,
她有四十八套大♥师♥做的女装 仍原封不动
48 Worth dresses, still wrapped in tissue paper.
她的女儿守完孝之后
When her daughters left off their mourning,
竟穿那些衣服去听音乐会
they wore the first lot to the symphony
毫不在意流行的趋势
without looking in advance of the fashion.
他曾在华盛顿写信给她
He had written to her once in Washington,
只是问她何时能再见面
just a few lines asking when they would meet again.
她回答 时机未到
And she wrote back, “Not yet.”
尽管风格已经改变
And even that had the front panel changed.
布霍带动了新流行
No, I think it was Julius Beaufort who started the new fashion.
回国时他让太太穿新衣亮相
By making his wife clap her new clothes on her back as soon as they arrived.
幸好她身世显赫 否则就像
I must say, it takes all Regina’s distinction not to look like…
他在外面养的女人
Her rivals?
他的情妇安妮·瑞茵
Like that Annie Ring.
留点口德
Careful, dear.
这已经是公开的秘密
Everybody knows.
的确
Indeed.
他总是乱投资
Beaufort always put his business around.
现在生意垮了 他必须给大家一个交代
And now that his business is gone, there are bound to be disclosures.
垮了 有那么糟吗
Gone? Is it really that bad?
简直是一塌糊涂
As bad as anything I ever heard of.
每个我们认识的人都会受到影响
Most everybody we know will be hit one way or another.
他太太当然是最大的受害者
Very difficult for Regina, of course. And, it’s a pity.
奥兰斯卡伯爵夫人回绝伯爵也是不智之举
It’s certainly a pity that Countess Olenska refused her husband’s offer.
何以见得
Why, for God’s sake?
以最基本的角度来看
Well, to put it on the lowest ground,
她现在靠什么生活 – 生活
what’s she going to live on now? – Live on?
如今布霍
I mean, now that Beaufort…
你这是什么意思
What the hell does that mean, sir?
她大部分的钱都交由布霍投资
Most of her money’s invested with Beaufort.
而且她娘家也不再资助她
And the allowance she’s been getting from the family is so cut back.
她应该还有钱
I’m sure she has something.
一点钱
I would think a little.
还债之后也所剩无多了
Whatever remains after sustaining more debt.
她娘家很在意里维埃的话
I know the family paid close attention to Monsieur Riviere,
而且非常审慎地评估了伯爵的条件
and considered the Count’s offer very carefully.
如果大家都希望她成为布霍的情妇
If everyone had rather she be Beaufort’s mistress
那么你做得一点都没错
than some decent fellow’s wife, you’ve all gone about it perfectly.
她是不会回去的
She won’t go back.
那只是你个人的想法
That’s your opinion, eh?
没错
Well, no doubt you know.
我想她大可求明戈夫人
I suppose she might still soften Catherine Mingott,
给她一些生活费
who could give her any allowance she chooses,
但其他家人都希望她回欧洲
but the rest of the family have no particular interest in keeping her here.
他们会由她
They’ll simply let her…
自生自灭
Find her own level.
晚上好 先生
Evening, sir.
谢谢 马丁
Thank you, Martin.
这盏灯又在冒烟 找佣人来修
That lamp is smoking again. The servant should see to it.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我得去华盛顿几天
I may have to go to Washington for a few days.
什么时候
When?
明天 抱歉 我早该诉你的
Tomorrow. I’m sorry. I should have said it before.
出差
On business?
有一件专利案
On business, of course. There’s a patent case
在最高法♥院♥开庭
coming up before the Supreme Court.
莱特布莱尔刚把此案交给我
I just got the papers from Letterblair.
看来他是有意
It seems that he intended…
算了 太复杂了
Never mind. It sounds too complicated.
这盏灯就够我烦的了
I have enough trouble managing this lamp.
让我试试
Let me try that.
去别处走走也好
But the change will do you good.
你一定要去看看艾伦
And you must be sure to go and see Ellen.
抱歉打扰 夫人 你的信
Excuse me, ma’am, but this came for you while you were out.
你能拿去修一下吗 艾丽斯
Do something about this, will you, Alice?
遵命 先生
Certainly, sir.
奶奶中风了
Granny’s had a stroke.
中风
A stroke?
岂有此理
Ridiculous.
不过是感恩节多吃了点罢了
I told them all, it was just an excessive Thanksgiving.
那个医生不仅小题大作 还唯恐天下不知
Dr Bencomb acted most concerned and insisted on notifying everyone.
好像要大家来听我的遗嘱
As if it were the last reading of my will and testament.
你们真乖 会来关心我
You’re very dear to come.
但或许只是来分遗产的
But perhaps you only wanted to see what I’d left you.
奶奶 你真是胡言乱语
Granny, that’s shocking!
是胡言乱语令我中风的
It was shock that did this to me.
不 谢了 这都要怪雷芝娜·布霍太太
No. Thank you. It’s all due to Regina Beaufort.
她昨晚来找我 求我
She came here last night, and she asked me…
求我 亏她说得出口
She asked me… She had the effrontery
要我帮助布霍
to ask me to back Julius.
她要我别见死不救
Not to desert him, she said.
帮他们汤森德家族度过难关
To stand behind our common lineage in the Townsend family.
帮助布霍 就等于帮助他们全家族
If you back Julius, you can see the family through.
如果你见死不救
If you don’t,
我们就都会
we will all,
永远抬不起头来
every one of us, fall into dishonour.
我告诉她
I said to her…
咱们明戈家
Honour’s always been honour.
做事一向光明磊落
And honesty’s always been honesty in Manson Mingott’s house.
只要我一息尚存 绝不做违背良心之事
And will be, till I’m carried out feet-first.
她回答说 如果你敢相信她所说的 但我的名誉怎么办 姑姑
And then she said, if you can believe this, “But my name, Auntie.”
我的名誉怎么办
But my name, Auntie.
我叫雷芝娜·汤森德

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!