To show there’s no hard feelings, I’ll make you another cup of tea.
我感觉你喝茶以后好像比我 喝了酒后的表现还要差
You carry on more over a cup of tea than I do over a glass of gin.
是它吗?
Is it?
哦 是 是路易莎号♥ 它向这边驶过来了
It’s the Luisa and she’s coming right at us.
至少每小时12海里
She must be doing 12 knots.
我们赶快隐蔽 返回草丛
We’ve gotta make a run for it back to the reeds.
它朝我们过来了
She’s coming right toward us.
我以为他们发现我们了呢
I thought for a minute they’d seen us.
他们向那个岛去了
They’re going toward that island.
它很可能在那儿过夜 明天早晨离开
Probably anchor there tonight and leave in the morning.
不过别担心 他们还会来 你知道德国人喜欢定规矩
Don’t worry. They’ll be back again. You know how the Germans are.
定了就坚持
They lays down systems and sticks to them.
周一去一个地方 周二换一个地方
Mondays they’re one place, Tuesday someplace else
很可能周三又回到这儿来
and Wednesday they’ll be back here.
我们有多长时间能做好鱼雷?
How long will it take to get the torpedoes ready?
我不知道
I don’t know.
关键是引爆器 我得做一个
It depends on the detonators. Gotta devise something.
我知道你脑子在想什么 罗茜
I know what you’re thinking, Rosie.
你想等下一次路易莎号♥夜间再来
You’re thinking of taking the Queen out at night
非洲女王号♥跟它迎战 对吗?
when the Luisa comes back, ain’t you?
亲爱的 我们会有办法
Well, we ought to manage it.
这应该能管用
There. That ought to work.
土造引爆器 用钉子撞子弹 子弹引爆♥炸♥药 道理很简单
When we ram her, these nails will shoot the bullets into the gelatine.
嚯 查理 你真棒
Charlie, you’re wonderful.
现在还不能放进钢瓶里 很容易走火
Can’t put them in the cylinders yet.
等开战再装上保险
We’ll do that when we’re ready to start.
那是黑夜 你能摸着黑把它装上去吗?
It’ll be dark by then. Can you do it in the dark?
我只能那样
It’s a case of have to.
你肯定路易莎号♥会回来 对吗? 查理
You’re sure they’ll come back with the Luisa?
嗯 肯定
Mm – hmm. Dead sure.
我来算算 湖面长差不多一百英里 宽大约50英里
The lake’s 100 miles long, 50 miles wide.
它的船速每小时12海里
Luisa does about… uh, about 12 knots.
一天大概能走120英里
That’s 120 miles a day. Yup.
对 它应该明天返回这儿
She’ll be back here tomorrow.
到那个时候 我们就严阵以待
When she comes, we’ll be ready for her.
查理 我们让非洲女王号♥干净一点
Charlie, let’s make the Queen as clean as we can.
洗洗甲板 擦擦金属器
Scrub her decks and polish her brass.
对 它应该漂漂亮亮的 因为它代表的是皇家海军
Sure. She ought to look her best representing the Royal Navy.
– 你知道吗 我有个想法 – 你说 我听着
– You know, Rosie, I been thinking. – Yes, Charlie?
其实根本用不着两个人去干
There ain’t no use in us both going to do it.
– 我已经研究过了 很显然 只要用一个人就够了 – 你说得很对 亲爱的
– Now I see it’s a one – man job. – You couldn’t be more right, dear.
你同意 这很好 到时候我把你留在东岸 你在那儿等我
So when the time comes, I’ll put you off on the east shore.
我去把路易莎号♥彻底解决掉
You’ll wait while I attend to the Luisa.
– 你说错了 是你留在岸上等我 – 我?
– You’re the one to be put ashore. – Me?
这件事是我的主意 对吗 当然要由我来完成
This was my idea. I’m the one to carry it out.
哦 罗茜 我真没想到 你是这么个敏感的女人
Why, Rosie, I’m surprised! You’re a sensible woman.
这个问题我们不用再讨论了
We won’t have any more talk like that.
我的操作技术不亚于你 这你不得不承认
I can manage this boat as well as you, and you know it.
罗茜 你是不是疯了!
Rosie, you’re cracked!
闯过急流不是我掌的舵吗?
Didn’t I steer going down the rapids?
哦 你掌舵相当好 可你对蒸汽机就不懂了 万一中途出问题呢 你不是就傻了吗
But you don’t know about the engine. Suppose she broke down on you.
而我可以离开船舵到前面去想办法修好
Me, I’d walk back and do a thing or two to that engine…
比如打它几把 踢它几脚 然后它就老实了
spit on her, kick her, and she’d go right to work.
– 老机器认生 它知道该听谁的 – 你说得有道理
– Oh, she knows who’s boss. – I suppose you’re right.
对了 这就对了
Well, now, that’s all settled.
我会在爆♥炸♥之前跳水 然后游到东岸 你在那儿等我
I’ll dive off just before the crash, swim to shore,
然后我们一起跑到肯尼亚去
and we’ll be off to Kenya.
哦 不不 也许你有必要去给我当助手
I meant it may be necessary for you to come along.
当助手 你说什么 不是刚刚说好只需要去一个人吗
Didn’t we just agree this was a one – man job?
可是你说服了我 一个人是不行的
But you convinced me that it isn’t, so it’s settled.
– 就这么定了 我们两个一起去 – 绝对不行
– We’ll go together. – Oh, no we won’t.
你留在东岸等着我回来
You’ll wait for me on the east shore.
你以为你是谁 向我下命令?
Who do you think you are, ordering me about?
我是船长 我说了算 所以我说你不能去 因为你只能帮倒忙
I’m the captain, and you ain’t going. You’d only be in my way.
你是说过急流的时候我也帮了倒忙
I suppose I was in your way going down the rapids.
看来你那天说的那些话都是在骗人
Then what you said back there was a lie,
什么你一个人不可能办到
about how you couldn’t have done it alone
什么 什么你的心都醉了 全都是骗人
and how you’d lost your heart and… everything.
你是骗子
You liar!
哦 查理 我们第一次吵架了
Oh, Charlie, we’re having our first quarrel.
罗茜 亲爱的 我只是不敢那么想…
Oh, Rosie, it’s only that I just can’t bear the thought of…
我是说万一 出现什么意外…
What I mean is, suppose something should happen…
– 当然这不可能 可是 – 难道你不明白? 查理
– not that anything will, but… – Don’t you understand, Charlie?
没有你我是根本不可能去肯尼亚的
I wouldn’t want to go on to Kenya without you.
哦 罗茜 好吧
Oh, Rosie. All right.
咱们还像从前那样
It’ll be you at the tiller and me at the engine,
你在后面掌舵 我在前面开机器
just like it was from the start.
路易莎号♥来了 它非常准时
And there’s the Luisa, right on time.
有一点风了
Blowing up a bit.
我们最好开船吧 好吗?
Better get started. All right?
查理! 查理 我快撑不住了! 船怎么不听指挥
Charlie! Charlie, I can’t steer! It’s hard to steer.
这是因为钢瓶太重了
Too much water in the bow.
船舵只有一半在水里
Moves out of the water half the time.
必须让船抬头 不然就麻烦了!
Gotta get her nose up or it’s trouble!
罗茜 船在下沉
Rosie, we’re sinking.
罗茜
Rosie!
罗茜! 罗茜!
Rosie! Rosie!
罗茜!
Rosie!
你的国籍是什么?
What is your nationality?
– 法国? 比利时? 英国? – 哦 是
– French? Belgian? British? – Yeah.
– 是什么? – 是英国
– Yes, what? – British.
你在那个岛上干什么?
What were you doing on the island?
我 我在钓鱼
Uh, oh, uh, fishing.
如果向本法庭提供伪证 那么你会被判绞刑
You are aware the punishment for giving false testimony
这个你知道吗?
is death by hanging?
谁会在乎?
Who cares?
你在那个岛上干什么?
What were you doing on the island?
我在钓鱼
I was fishing.
– 你怎么去那儿的? – 我游泳去的
– How did you get there? – I swam.
这一带是禁区
You’re in an area prohibited to all
除了德国威廉二世皇帝的军人外 任何人一律不得入内
but members of the forces of His lmperial Majesty Kaiser Wilhelm II.
谁会在乎?
Who cares?
现在原告方指控你 英国♥军♥队从事间谍活动
You are accused of being a spy for the British armed forces.
你有什么证据? 可以使本法庭推♥翻♥上述指控
Have you anything to say that might lead this court to believe otherwise?
我说我在钓鱼
I told you I was fishing.
原告陈述完毕
我看也就这样了
现在开始辩护
举证的责任是在原告一方
但原告方所提供的证据只有间接证据
辩护陈述完毕
本法庭判决对你处于绞刑
The court rules death by hanging.
判决即刻生效 马上执行
Sentence to be carried out immediately.
船长 我们又抓了一个
是个女的
好像是个白人
你还有个女搭档吗?
Was there a woman with you?
罗茜! 罗茜! 罗茜! 罗茜!
Rosie! Rosie! Rosie! Rosie!
查理!
Charlie!
罗茜!
Rosie!
查理!
Charlie!
把她带来 是
那个女人是谁?
Who’s that woman?
我 我不认识
I…I don’t know.
– 刚才你喊她的名字 – 刚才是我认错人了
– You called out her name. – I thought she was somebody else.
我要绞死你两次
I shall hang you twice, I think.
– 查理 – 罗茜
– Charlie. – Rosie.
她戴着这个
你是谁?
Who are you?
罗茜塞耶小姐
Miss Rose Sayer.
– 英国人? – 当然
– English? – Of course.
你出去 是 长官
– 你在湖里干什么? – 我什么也没说 罗茜
– Why were you on the lake? – I ain’t told ’em nothing.
安静!
Silence!
– 你在湖里干什么? – 我们划船
– What were you doing on the lake? – We were boating.
在暴雨之夜划船?
Last night in such weather?
天气不好不是我们的责任