like Antony and Cleopatra on their barge.
如果没有你这绝对不可能
If it hadn’t been for you, this couldn’t be.
– 你不感到自豪吗? – 不 不是我
– Aren’t you proud of yourself? – Certainly not.
看看你是怎样弄发动机的 怎样把螺旋桨修好的
You kept the engine going. You mended the propeller.
根本不是我
It wasn’t me at all.
我想天下再没有第二个人能做得到
There’s not another man alive who could’ve done it.
说得对 罗茜 因为没有第二个人能够得到你
Right you are, cos no other man alive’s got you.
哦 查理 我不会忘记你闯瀑布时的那副样子
I’ll never forget how you looked going over the falls.
抬着头 张着嘴 头发飘起来
Head up, chin out, hair blowing in the wind.
就像是一个女英雄
The living picture of a heroine.
哦 我不是女英雄
Fancy me a heroine.
哦 查理 你喝醉了
Oh, Charlie. You’ve lost your mind.
我的心也醉了
Lost my heart, too.
可以抛锚吗? 亲爱的
Should we drop the anchor, sweetheart?
连河都想休息 我们也该休息一下
The river needs to rest for a while. I suppose we do, too.
你知道吗 我有个感觉 很快我们会盼望回去再跟急流拼一次
Rosie, soon we’re gonna wish we was back shooting the rapids.
噢! – 哦!
Ooh! – Oh!
这么讨厌
Ooh, this is awful.
我们要离开这里
We gotta get out of here.
哦 太讨厌了
We got no steam.
– 我要下水 我要潜到水下去 – 哦 对 快去
– I’m going under the water. – That’s it.
– 哦 不! – 我要被活活吃掉
– No! – But I’m being eaten alive!
你下去也会被吃掉 你看
About what you said, look at that.
让我离开这儿 我要疯了 噢! 啊!
Oh! Get me out of here. I can’t stand it! Oh! Ahh!
啊! 查理! 查理! 查理!
Ahh! Charlie! Charlie! Charlie!
噢 查理! 查理!
Ohh, Charlie! Charlie!
查理! 查理!
Charlie! Charlie!
噢…
Oh. Oh…
查理!
Charlie!
查理!
Charlie!
快点 快点 快点!
Hurry, hurry, hurry!
已经走远了 你出来吧
We got away from them. You can come out now.
我刚才那样有点丢人 可我真的受不了啦
I’m ashamed of myself, Charlie, acting this way,
我都快要疯了
but I…I couldn’t help it, I was going mad.
哦 你被咬成这样
Oh, you are so bitten.
其实没什么了不起的 主要是多得可怕
The bites themselves ain’t so bad, it’s having ’em around you.
我听说水牛和本地牛都会被它咬疯
I’ve heard of them driving buffalo stark, staring mad
结果牛不停地跑 最后倒在地上死去了
so they just run and run until they fall down dead.
不管停在哪儿都会遇到吗?
Will it be that way wherever we tie up?
– 很可能 – 那我们该怎么办? 查理?
– Probably. – What are we going to do, Charlie?
只要河道是直的 水深 流速慢 那就不会有什么麻烦
Well, if the river keeps straight, deep and slow, not much can hurt us.
我把锚提起来点 一旦有情况可以及时撤退
I’ll let the anchor out. That’ll keep us out of trouble.
你说现在 我们离湖区还有多远 查理
How much further do you suppose it is to the lake, Charlie?
这儿有野鸭 不会太远了 很难说还要走上几天
Not so many miles as the crow flies. No telling how many days.
因为这要看河道有多少个弯子
All depends on how much winding around this old river does.
难忘今天 罗茜
Ah…what a time we’ve had, Rosie.
真有意思
What a time.
将来有了孙子 永远不愁没故事讲了
We’ll never lack for stories to tell our grandchildren, will we?
全是草叶子 罗茜 什么也看不见
Nothing but grass and papyrus as far as you can see.
– 哪一条是主河道? – 哪一条都不像
– Which is the main channel? – Don’t look like there is one.
– 那我们该怎么办? 查理 – 不知道
– What are we going to do, Charlie? – I don’t know.
我们不能就这样绕圈子
We can’t just go round and round here forever.
得想想办法
Can’t just go round and round.
一旦进去 草会把螺旋桨缠上
We get in and the grass closes in back of the stern,
那就别想再退出来了 罗茜
there’s no going back, Rosie.
如果遇到麻烦 我们只能待在那儿等着见上帝了
Anything happens, we just sit there till we go off our heads with fever.
– 我明白 – 好吧
– I know it. – All right.
你下赌注 由你选择
You pays your money and you takes your choice.
那边
That way.
过去吧
Pull her over.
开始我们靠蒸汽机 然后划桨
We’ve come along by steam, we’ve paddled and pushed
然后手推 然后用绳子拖
and pulled this old boat along with a hook.
现在只差最后一招了 抬着它走
What we ain’t done up to now is get out and carry her.
不过我看 也快用上了
Looks like that’ll come next.
我喘不上气了 又潮又闷
It’s hard to breathe, the air is so heavy.
分不清是汽还是水
Can’t tell it from the water.
分不清是水还是泥
Or the water from the land, for that matter.
河道早不见了
All the channels we’ve lost,
绕了那么多的弯子
all the twisting and turning we’ve done.
就是能出去 恐怕还是回到原来的地点
We may come out where we started, if we come out at all.
我们一直顺着水流 尽管流速非常慢
We’ve always followed the current.
那又有什么用呢
That don’t mean nothing to this river!
像这条河 它是个疯子
This river’s crazy…
跟我一样疯!
crazy as I am!
查理
Charlie. Charlie.
对不起 宝贝
Sorry, old girl.
好吧…
Well…
要让脸上露出微笑
Only thing to put the roses back in our cheeks
首先必须甩掉这些芦苇
is to get out of these reeds.
刚才我说 我们只能抬着船走
What I said about having to get out and carry this old boat
那是开玩笑
was meant to be a joke.
现在看来 这可能不是玩笑
Don’t look like a joke now. Well…
啊!
Ahh!

Ooh!
哦 这些小东西!
Ooh! Ooh, the little beggars!
快帮我弄掉 罗茜
Ooh, ooh. Pull them off me.
头还在 也许我会中毒的
No! If the heads stay in, they’ll poison your blood.
用盐 用盐
Salt. Salt, salt.
呜… 小腿
Ewww. The legs.
呜…
Eww.
世界上我最恨的就是水蛭了
Oh, if there’s anything in the world I hate, it’s leeches!
肮脏的魔鬼
The filthy little devils.
没事 亲爱的 会好的
There. There, dear. There.
我是男人的榜样 是吗?
Fine specimen of a man I am, ain’t I?
你是世界上最勇敢的人
You’re the bravest man that ever lived.
你只是过度疲劳
You just overdo, that’s all.
只要躺着睡一觉就好了
What you need is a few hours sleep.
没事 感觉舒服吗?
There. Now, are you all comfortable?
闭上眼睛睡
Go to sleep, dear.
等你醒来后 我们继续上路
And when you wake up, we’ll be on our way again.
– 罗茜… 亲爱的?
– Rosie… – Yes, Charlie?
你想知道事实吗?
You want the truth, don’t you?
只是我们再有劲 我们永远也走不出这片泥潭
Even if we had all our strength, we’ll never get her off this mud.
– 我们完了 – 我知道
– We’re finished. – I know it.
可是 罗茜…
But, Rosie…
我一点也不感到后悔
I’m not one bit sorry I came.
我想说的是…
What I mean is…
这很值得
it was worth it.
上帝…
Dear Lord…
我们来到了旅途的尽头
we’ve come to the end of our journey.
过一会儿 我们将站在你的面前
In a little while, we will stand before you.
我祈求你的怜悯
I pray for you to be merciful.
不是为我们的软弱 而是为我们的爱情
Judge us not for our weakness but for our love,
请你为我和查理 打开天堂之门
and open the doors of heaven for Charlie and me.
罗茜
Rosie.
罗茜 亲爱的
Rosie. Rosie, dear.
你看我们在湖上
Look. We’re on the lake.
是雨帮了忙…
The rain did it…
雨水把船浮起来 把船推过了泥潭
just lifted the old Queen up and carried her over the mud.
其实我们离湖面只有一百米的距离
We couldn’t have been a 100 yards from it last night.
你看 罗茜
Look, Rosie.
我们生火 让蒸汽机转起来
Let’s build a fire and get the engine started
赶快离开这里 到湖上去换换空气
and get into the middle where we can breathe.
哦 当然当然 这个马上就能办到 罗茜
Sure, sure. We’ll be out of here in a jiffy.
这空气…
This air…
实在太美了? – 是啊
isn’t it wonderful? – Yeah.
就像 你肯定不同意 就像一杯杜松子酒
It’s like… You don’t approve, but it’s like a shot of gin.
能让血流加快 脸发红 精神振奋
Makes your blood race, your face numb and your spirits soar.
对不起 查理 我把酒倒光了
I’m sorry I poured that gin out, Charlie.
啊没什么 罗茜
Aw, forget it, Rosie.
为了证明我心里不难过 请喝一杯茶

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!