Could you make a torpedo?
请你做一个好吗
Well, do so, Mr Allnut.
稍微右转舵 小姐 很好
A little to starboard, miss. That’s right.
你学得很快 小姐
Hey, you’re doing fine, miss.
其实一点也不难 对吧 奥尔纳特先生?
It’s really quite easy, isn’t it, Mr Allnut?
啊你得学会怎么观察河水
Ah, you got to learn to read the river.
观察河水?
Read the river?
是啊你看那个长波纹
Yeah. You see that long thing over there,
像个”V”字型的?
looks kind of like a “v”?
哦 那肯定是暗礁
That means a snag.
像那边不稳定的浪花是浅水 这对我们很有利
Oh. – This choppy water over here, that means shallow.
不过女王号♥吃水浅 我们都能过得去
the Queen don’t draw much water, so we can go right over ’em.
在很多地方 普通的船会搁浅
Most boats would get their bottoms tore up.
哦 如果水面微微的波动 像那边?
And when it’s smooth and flat like that over there?
那是石头 对吗 奥尔纳特先生
Does that mean a rock, Mr Allnut?
石头 或者是河马
Rocks or hippo, miss.
尽量不要跟河马发生相撞
But don’t go bumping into no hippo.
它会大发雷霆的
Makes them awful mad.
女王号♥没那么大 只能装下我们俩
This boat’s only big enough for the two of us.
有什么问题吗 奥尔纳特先生?
What was the matter, Mr Allnut?
汲水泵积了水垢被堵死了
Steam pump’s full of scum and rust. She gets clogged up.
踢几个就通开了 我得动作快一点
Kicking her starts her working again. I gotta act fast.
因为有个家伙把螺丝刀掉进了安全阀
One of my boys dropped a screwdriver down the safety valve.
要是不踢它结果会怎么样呢?
What would happen if you didn’t kick her?
那锅炉就得爆♥炸♥
Whole boiler’d blow up.
可是我们要顺流而下 为什么还要用发动机呢?
But if we’re going downstream, why do we need the engine at all?
船在水中要开得快才能控制方向
Boat’s gotta go fast or you can’t steer.
如果我们熄了火去渡急流 那我们肯定要玩儿完
If I let the engine die going down the rapids, we’d be goners.
– 奥尔纳特先生? – 什么?
– Mr Allnut? – Yes, miss?
那你为什么不拆开安全阀 把螺丝刀取出来呢?
Why not dismantle the safety valve and remove the screwdriver?
最近几天我打算把它拆开
I’m gonna do that one of these days.
我一直拖到现在 大概是因为我喜欢踢踢它 这是我唯一的财产
I ain’t done it cos I kind of like kicking it. She’s all I’ve got.
哎呀 太热了吧 小姐
Ahh…it’s kind of hot work, ain’t it, miss?
我有酒就行了
I could do with a drink.
哦 对不起
Oh.Excuse me.
你也来一杯
You gonna have one, miss?

No.
– 什么酒 – 杜松子酒
– What is it? – Gin, miss.
– 你不舒服吗 小姐? – 不
– Something the matter, miss? – No.
给你冲杯茶 好吗?
How’d you like a nice cup of tea?
哦 是的 就来杯茶吧
I’d like a cup of tea.
这儿的水有点锈味 只能委屈一下了
It’ll taste a little rusty, but we can’t have everything, can we?
好了 可以了
There you are. Get this out of the way.
– 要加糖吗? – 谢谢
– Sugar, miss? – Thank you.
不必客气
Don’t mention it.
– 可以开晚饭吗? – 太热了 吃不下
– A bit of supper, miss? – It’s too hot to eat.
– 离开家多久了 小姐? – 快十年了
– How long you been out here, miss? – About 10 years.
– 老家在英国的什么地方? – 德米兰
– What part of England are you from? – The Midlands.
– 哦 听名字蛮漂亮 – 是的 非常美丽
– Sounds pretty, anyway. – Yes, it is. It’s very pretty.
想不想家啊?
Ever get homesick?
最怀念那里星期天的下午 详和而安静
It’s Sunday afternoons I think of most, the peace and the quiet.
星期天下午我喜欢躺着睡大觉
Yeah, on Sunday afternoons, I was always sleepin’ one off.
– 这茶还真不错 – 口感不坏 是吧?
– This is very, very good. – Yes, it isn’t half bad, is it?
你是怎么到非洲来的 奥尔纳特先生?
What brought you to Africa, Mr Allnut?
我也说不清 我只是想找个活干
The Zambezi bridge. A whole boatload of us Canucks came to work on it.
因为在桥西或者桥东 河水都是一样的 结果就来了
Don’t know why they wanted it, both sides of the river the same,
就像问小鸡为什么要过马路一样
but why does a chicken cross the road?
– 是什么意思啊? – 没什么
– I beg your pardon? – Nothing, miss.
我非常希望有机会回到我的多伦多去
Ah, sometimes I wish I was back rubbing elbows, as they say.
痛痛快快的跟他们一起过周末 喝酒跳舞听音乐
There’s nothing like the noise of a Saturday night to cheer a fellow up.
哦 当然 我不喜欢其它日子听人使唤
The rest of the week, I’d be taking orders from somebody.
我在这儿很自♥由♥ 没想到我遇到
Out here I’m my own boss. Anyway, I was until…
啊小姐啊刚才你看见了鳄鱼没有?
Hey, you didn’t see any crocodiles, did you, miss?
鳄鱼? 没有
Crocodiles? No.
啊这里没有浅水 水流得太急了
There’s no shallows for ’em. The current’s too swift.
我想睡觉前先洗个澡
I could do with a bath before I turn in.
我也想洗一洗
I’d like a bath myself.
我到前面的船头 衣服挂在锚链上
Well, I’ll go in the bow and hang off the anchor chain,
你就在后面船尾 随你怎么样都行
you stay back in the stern and do whatever you have to.
不过 小姐 只要别偷看就没问题
As long as we don’t look, it won’t matter.
怎么样啊小姐
Well, how about it, miss?
应该可以 奥尔纳特先生
Very well, Mr Allnut.
那就行动吧
That’s the ticket.
– 奥尔纳特先生! – 我在这儿
– Mr Allnut! – Right here.
我自己上不来
I can’t get back into the boat.
哦 我来帮你一把
I’ll give you a hand.
请你闭上眼睛 奥尔纳特先生
Close your eyes, Mr Allnut.
啊好的 好了 谢谢
All right. I’m all right, thank you.
奥尔纳特先生
Mr Allnut!
对不起 吵醒你了
I’m sorry I woke you, miss.
你进来干什么?
What are you doing?
哦 没什么 我不干什么
I… I ain’t doing nothing, miss.
出去 出去 马上出去!
Well, get out. This instant!
奥尔纳特先生!
Mr Allnut!
你可以到里面来避雨!
You may come in out of the rain!
谢谢 小姐
Thank you, miss.
– 小姐? – 哦 奥尔纳特先生?
– Oh, miss? – Yes, Mr Allnut?
对不起 这样委屈你了
I’m sorry I gave you such a turn.
没关系 奥尔纳特先生
That’s quite all right, Mr Allnut.
– 谢谢 晚安 – 晚安 奥尔纳特先生
– Good night, miss. – Good night, Mr Allnut.
– 这气味实在太重了! – 什么气味?
– What a frightfully strong smell! – What smell?
河水 像万寿菊的气味 有点像万寿菊
The river Smells like marigolds, stale ones.
是吗?
Does, huh?
看来这种花的气味不太好啊
Not a very good smell for a flower.
不过万寿菊很美很好看
They’re very pretty, though, marigolds.
是啊
They are, huh?
– 奥尔纳特先生 – 什么事啊?
– Mr Allnut? – Yes, miss?
现在水流很急 对不对?
The current’s quite strong here, isn’t it?
是的 这儿就是急流了
Yes. We’re getting near the rapids.
真的? 这么快?
Really? So soon?
转个弯就是
Just around that bend.
这儿有点危险 还是我来掌舵吧 小姐
Kind of dangerous. Better let me take over.
你来吧 小姐
Here you are, miss.
– 还行吧 小姐? – 还行 奥尔纳特先生?
– Well, miss? – Yes, Mr Allnut?
– 觉得怎么样? – 什么怎么样?
– How’d you like it? – Like it?
– 白浪花急流 – 我没想到
– White water rapids. – I never dreamed.
你害怕了 小姐 这不能怪你 绝不能怪你
I don’t blame you for being scared, not one bit.
这样的急流谁遇上都会害怕的
Ain’t nobody ain’t scared of white water.
我没想到亲身经历能对人 产生这么大的刺♥激♥作用!
I never dreamed a mere physical experience could be so stimulating!
是吗? 小姐
How’s that?
以前我能像这样激动的时候不多
I’ve only known such excitement a few times before,
只有在听我哥哥布道 全身心地投入的时候
in my brother’s sermons when the spirit was really upon him.
– 你是说你想继续? – 当然
– You want to go on? – Naturally.
– 小姐 你疯了? – 你说什么?
– Miss, you’re crazy! – Pardon?
你知道假如撞在岩石上 后果会是什么吗?
What if we’d come against them rocks?
我没有撞到
But we didn’t.
我必须承认我对你的技术 十分佩服 奥尔纳特先生
I must say I’m filled with admiration for your skill, Mr Allnut.
我是说经过大量的掌舵实践 你认为我也可以吗?
Do you suppose, after I’ve practised, that someday I might try?
听我说 小姐 这点急流跟前面的比不算什么!
Miss, them rapids ain’t nothing to what’s in front of us!
换句话说这根本算不上急流
I wouldn’t call them rapids at all.
– 可我等不急了 – 可是 小姐!
– I can hardly wait. – But, miss!
现在我有了体会
Now that I’ve had a taste of it,
难怪你那么酷爱驾船
I don’t wonder you love boating, Mr Allnut.
你 你怎么啦 奥尔纳特先生? 告诉我
Is something the matter, Mr Allnut? Tell me.
没什么 你不会明白
Nothing you’d understand.
我不明白你到底怎么啦
I simply can’t imagine.
我们今天很开心 你说呀 奥尔纳特先生
It’s been such a pleasant day. What is it?
奥尔纳特先生
Yes, Mr Allnut?
做鱼雷炸掉路易莎号♥ 顺着河流漂下去
All this foolish talk about the Luisa, going down the river.
– 你是什么意思? – 我的意思是我们不会那么干的
– What do you mean? – We ain’t doing nothing of the sort.
哦 我们当然要干 你想得真荒唐

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!