在我看来,哈帕太太说她仍抱有希望,直到他们找到装有乔的木筏……乔的……再努力一点,汤姆!
It seems to me that Mrs. Harper said she still has hopes until they found the raft with Joe’s… Joe’s… Try harder, Tom!
是他的鞋子。
It was his shoes.
哎,事情就是这样!
Why, it happened just so!
嗯哼。
Mm-hmm.
继续,汤姆。
Go on, Tom.
哦,现在一切都明朗了。
Oh, it’s all getting as bright as day now.
然后希德说……我想他说过……他打赌是我的错。
Then Sid said… I think he said… He bet it was my fault.
我的天啊,他说的话。
Mercy on us, his very words.
你让他闭嘴。
And you shut him up sharp.
当然了。
I certainly did.
然后你就去睡觉了。
And then you went to bed.
别告诉我梦里什么都没有。
Don’t tell me there ain’t anything in dreams.
我长大一分钟,塞蕾尼·哈珀就会知道的!嗯!
Sereny Harper’ll know of this before I’m a minute older! Hmm!
“哦,现在一切都亮得像白天了。”
“Oh, it’s all getting as bright as day now.”
垃圾!
Trash!
事情就是这样,不是吗?
That’s what happened, wasn’t it?
很薄——那么长的一个梦,一点错误也没有。
Purty thin- as long a dream as that without any mistakes in it.
哈!
Huh!
Sid吗?
Sid?
是的,你错过我了!
Yah, you missed me!
汤姆!
Tom!
你,汤姆!
You, Tom!
我有个好主意,要活剥你的皮!
I have a good notion to skin you alive!
你!
You!
我做了什么,波莉姨妈?
What have I done, aunt Polly?
我跑去安慰哈珀,说了一堆关于那个梦的废话,结果,你瞧,她从乔那里得知你来过,听到了我们那晚的谈话!
Here I go over to sereny Harper with all that rubbish about that dream, and, lo and behold, she found out from Joe you was over here and heard all the talk we had that night!
哦,汤姆,我不知道一个像你这样的男孩会变成什么样子。
Oh, Tom, I don’t know what’s to become of a boy that will act the way you do.
波莉姨妈,我现在知道那很卑鄙,但我不是故意的。
I know now it was mean, aunt Polly, but I didn’t mean to be mean.
说实话,我没有。
Honest, I didn’t.
而且,那天晚上我不是来嘲笑你的。
And besides, I didn’t come over here to laugh at you that night.
那你到这儿来干什么?
Well, what did you come over here for then?
告诉你不用担心我们,因为我们没被淹死。
To tell you not to worry about us ’cause we hadn’t got drowned.
我愿意让全世界都相信,但这不合理。
I’d give the whole world to believe that, but it ain’t reasonable.
因为你为什么不告诉我,孩子?
Because why didn’t you tell me, child?
嗯,你知道,当我听到关于葬礼的谈论时,我想到了躲在教堂里,所以我把树皮放回口袋里,没有说话。
Well, you see, when I heard talkin’ about the funeral, I got the idea of hidin’ in the church, so I put the bark back in my pocket and kept mum.
树皮?叫什么?
Bark? What bark?
我写在上面告诉你我们去当海盗了。
The bark I wrote on to tell you we’d gone pirate.
为什么,它还在我旧外套的口袋里。
Why, it’s still in the pocket of my old coat.
如果你不相信我,你可以自己看看。
You can look and see if you don’t believe me.
我希望你能在我吻你的时候醒来。
I wish now you’d wake up when I kissed you.
我有,真的。
I do, honest.
你吻我了吗,汤姆?
Did you kiss me, Tom?
噢,是的,我说了,波莉姨妈。
Why, yes, I did, aunt Polly.
你为什么亲我?
Now, what’d you kiss me for?
因为我很爱你,你躺在那里呻♥吟♥,我很抱歉。
Because I love you so, and you laid there moanin’, and I was so sorry.
再吻我一次,汤姆。
Kiss me again, Tom.
现在去上学吧。
Go on to school now.
别再烦我了。
And don’t bother me no more.
是啊,你骗不了我。
Yeah, you didn’t fool me.
波莉姨妈!
Aunt Polly!
我从没伤害过任何人。
I never did nobody any harm before.
你们都会这么说。
You’ll all say that.
我不知道我在做什么。
I didn’t know what I was doin’.
我希望,我希望我现在就死了。
I hope-i hope to die this minute if I did.
嗨,汤姆。
Hey, Tom.
他们发现了罗宾逊医生的尸体,逮捕了马夫。
They found doc Robinson’s body and arrested muff.
但他并没有死于麻手筒。
But muff didn’t kill him.
印第安·乔说是,莫夫也这么认为。
Injun Joe says he did, and muff thinks he did.
但是我们看到了。
But we saw.
我们该怎么办?
What are we gonna do?
做什么?一文不值。
Do? Nothin’.
你想死在路上腐烂吗?
Do you wanna drop down dead in your tracks and rot?
哦。
Ohh.
听着,听着,密苏里州诉克拉伦斯·波特,别名莫夫·波特。
Hear ye, hear ye, the state of missoura vs. Clarence Potter, alias muff Potter.
死因是刀子对心脏造成的严重创伤。
Death was due to an incisive trauma of the heart inflicted by a knife.
这是莫夫·波特的刀,没错。
It’s muff Potter’s knife, all right.
我去年十月卖♥♥给他的。
I sold it to him last October.
当然,我能看见马夫捅了他。
Sure, I could see muff stab him.
我曾经和你一样亲密。
I was as close as I am to you.
这是所有。
That’s all.
国家休息。
The state rests.
法官大人,我请求休庭至明早。
Your honor, I ask for an adjournment until tomorrow morning.
休会?为了什么?
Adjournment? For what?
准备我在陪审团面前的演讲,这将是我们唯一的辩护。
To prepare my address to the jury, which’ll be our only defense.
你不介绍证人吗?
You will introduce no witnesses?
我们什么都没找到。
We’ve been unable to find any.
再给你点烟,莫夫。
Here’s some more tobaccer, muff.
这是一些真正的路西法匹配。
And here’s some real Lucifer matches.
谢谢你们,孩子们。
Thank you, boys.
你对我太好了,比镇上任何人都好。
You’ve been mighty good to me, better than anybody else in this town.
我常常对自己说,对自己说,“我过去常带孩子们去钓鱼的好地方,”尽我所能地和他们交朋友,可现在老皮手遇到麻烦时,他们全都忘了他。”
And often I says to myself, says I, “I used to show the boys where the good fishin’ places was “and befriend ’em what I could, and now they all forgot ol’ muff when he’s in trouble.”
但是汤姆没有,哈克也没有。
But Tom don’t, and huck don’t.
我也不会忘记他们。哈。
And I don’t forget them, either. Heh.
当一个人身陷困境时,看到那些友好的面孔是一种最大的安慰。
It’s a prime comfort to look on faces that’s friendly when a body’s in such a muck of trouble.
友好的面孔。哈。
Good friendly faces. Heh.
握手。
Shake hands.
小的手。
Little hands.
但它们让波特大受打击。
But they’ve helped muff Potter a power.
如果可以的话,他们会提供更多的帮助。
They’d help more if they could.
...告诉我真♥相♥,全部真♥相♥,只说真话,我发誓。
…tell the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth, so help me.
托马斯·索耶,6月17日午夜时分,你在哪里?
Thomas Sawyer, where were you on the 17th of June, about the hour of midnight?
6月17日晚上12点左右,你在哪里?
Where were you on the night of June 17, about 12 of the clock?
6月17日午夜你在哪里?
Where were you at midnight on June 17?
在墓地里。
In the graveyard.
请大声一点。
A little louder, please.
不要害怕。
Don’t be afraid.
你是…嗯哼。在墓地里!
You were… Ahem. In the graveyard!
你带了什么去?
What did you take there?
只有一个……一只死猫。
Only a… A dead cat.
还有,你打算怎么处理你的死猫?
And, uh, just what were you going to do with your dead cat?
我们要和他一起把疣子去掉。
We was gonna take our warts off with him.
看,午夜时分你带着你的猫。
See, you take your cat along about midnight.
你去墓地,那里埋葬着一个邪恶的人。
You go get in the graveyard where somebody wicked’s been buried.
法官大人,既然我们必须听到这些关于一只死猫的孩子气的闲聊,我能问问猫吗,猫的美味体在哪里?
Your honor, since we must be exposed to all this boyish prattle about a dead cat, may I ask the cat where is the feline corpus delicti?
我们会拿出那只猫的骨架。
We will produce the skeleton of that cat.
当你在墓地的时候,你在马·威廉姆斯的坟墓附近吗?
Now, when you were in the graveyard, were you anywhere near horse Williams’ grave?
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
说出来。大声一点。
Speak up. A little louder.
离得有多近?
How near were you?
就像我离你那么近。
Near as I am to you.
你藏起来了吗?
Were you hidden?
你藏在哪里?
Where you hidden or not?
我被藏起来了。
I was hid.
在哪里?
Where?
在树上。
Up in a tree.
现在,我的孩子,告诉我们发生的一切。
And now, my boy, tell us everything that occurred.
用你自己的方式讲出来,不要省略任何内容,也不要害怕。
Tell it in your own way, don’t skip anything, and don’t be afraid.
我们看到他们打架了。
We saw the fight.
莫夫被打昏了。
Muff got knocked unconscious.
他没有杀罗宾逊医生!
He didn’t kill doc Robinson!
刺伤他的人是
The one that stabbed him was-
谁去抓他!
Somebody get him!
哇!
Whoa!
哈哈哈哈哈哈!
Ha ha ha ha ha!
耶!莫夫是自♥由♥的。
Yay! Muff is free.
... 在明亮的蓝天上,它们会为我哼着歌♥……我有东西要给你。
… in the bright, blue sky they’ll warble a song to me… I got something for you.
如果我看到灌木丛或树上的小鸟在它们美丽的巢里玩耍,我一定不能把小鸟偷走,让它们的母亲伤心
It will make me glad to think they are happy and free if ever I see on bush or tree young birds in their pretty nest I must not in play steal the young birds away to grieve their mother’s breast
我的母亲……
my mother…
的要好。汤姆。
Yoo-hoo. Tom.
好了,孩子们,我们去洞穴吧!
All right, children, let’s go to the cave!