and he planned this road trip to DC,
所以就计划去华盛顿
and I think it’s because JFK was his idol.
我想是因为肯尼迪是他偶像吧
And we went and sat in the gallery.
然后我们去那 坐在旁听席上
I remember watching him watch them,
记得我当时看着父亲凝视着他们
and I knew that that’s what I wanted to do.
明白了这就是我想要做的事情
I wish they were here to see all this.
真希望他们能看到这一切
I was…
我…
Didn’t expect to tell you any of that.
本没想告诉你这些
David?
戴维
David?
戴维
Hello?

It’s Adrian.
我是艾卓安
What are you doing?
干嘛呢
Why are you calling?
你打电♥话♥来做什么
No, I was…
不是 我在…
Because I was sleeping.
我刚在睡觉
No.

No, it’s not.
不是
Why are you calling?
你打电♥话♥来做什么
Okay, well, I got to go.
好 那我挂了
No, I got to go. Okay.
不 我得挂了 好的
I’m so sorry.
对不起
It’s all right. Everything okay?
没关系 还好吗
Yeah.
没事
Oh, my God. That was so weird.
天哪 刚才感觉太怪了
I woke up and you weren’t here.
我醒来发现你不在
And then the phone rang and it was my ex
然后手♥机♥响了 是我前男友
which is just so strange.
这让我感觉很怪
Sorry, I guess we hadn’t gotten to any of that stuff yet.
对不起 我们还没有谈及类似的话题
Right.
是的
You know, we broke up a while ago,
我和他分手有一段时间了
and it’s over,
早就结束了
and then he calls four times in one morning.
而他一个早上给我打了四个电♥话♥
He called you four times this morning?
他一个早上给你打了四个电♥话♥
How long have you guys been broken up?
你们俩分手多久了
Three months.
三个月
It’s like he knew I was with someone else.
就好像他知道我跟别人在一起似的
Was it serious?
你俩是认真的吗
We were engaged.
我们当时订婚了
So, not really that serious?
也就是说生米还没煮成熟饭
Right.
好吧
Well, what happened?
后来呢
Do you want to know this?
你想知道吗
Yeah.
是的
He was a great guy.
他很不错
Brilliant choreographer and dancer,
是个很棒的编舞和舞蹈家
and we had the same group of friends.
我们有共同的朋友圈
We had known each other a long time.
彼此认识很长时间了
Well, he sounds great.
听起来很般配
Why didn’t you marry him?
那为什么没跟他结婚
Because of you.
因为你
I’m not some hopeless romantic.
我不是无可救药的情痴
I’ve never allowed myself to be that way.
我也从不允许自己那样
But once I felt,
但一旦来了感觉
even for a moment,
即使只是一瞬间
what I felt with you.
我对你很来电
You ruined me.
你让我沦陷了
I didn’t want to settle for less.
我不想有遗憾
I know the feeling.
我明白那种感觉
It scares the shit out of me.
让我手足无措
I’m not going to hurt you.
我不会伤害你
You don’t need to say that.
你不用这么说
I’m not going to hurt you.
我不会伤害你
This is the first time in 25 years
25年来 这是我第一次
that I don’t feel like I’m by myself.
感觉到自己不是一个人
That’s a lot of responsibility for me.
那我责任可大了
I don’t know if I’m quite comfortable with that.
我不知道自己能不能承受
Well, too late.
你逃不掉了
You know, I’m supposed to go to an interview right now.
我现在要去参加一个访谈
What if I told you I wasn’t
如果说我还没有准备好
ready to let you out of my sight quite yet?
让你离开我的视线怎么办
Sounds good.
听起来很温馨
You want to go?
你想去吗
Yeah.
是的
All right.
好吧
Are you handsome
是你长得帅
or is it that Washington is so populated by,
还是华盛顿奉行…
I don’t want to say,
我都不好意思说出来
hideous abnormalities…
畸形美
This is getting a little weird.
我有点摸不着头脑
David Norris, everybody.
掌声欢迎戴维·诺里斯
Excuse me, ma’am. Yes?
打扰一下 女士 什么事
Congressman Norris asked me to give you a message.
诺里斯先生让我给您稍个信
He was just called into a meeting.
他刚收到电♥话♥通知有个会要开
He says it’s urgent. Okay.
他说会议很紧急 好的
He said he’ll call you as soon as he’s out,
他说开完会马上给你电♥话♥
and he’ll see you at the show tonight.
今晚演出时再见
Okay, thank you. Thanks.
好的 谢谢 多谢
This way, Congressman.
这边走 议员先生
Hello?
有人吗
Frustrating, isn’t it?
是不是很沮丧
My name is Thompson.
我是汤普森
Whatever happened to free will?
难道人就不能自♥由♥发挥吗
We actually tried free will before.
事实上我们以前这样试过
After taking you from hunting and gathering
当把一个捕猎采集为生的小角色
to the height of the Roman Empire,
推上罗马帝国的宝座后
we stepped back to see how you would do on your own.
我们撒手让他自己尽情发挥
You gave us the Dark Ages for five centuries
可结果是长达五百年的黑暗中世纪
until finally we decided we should come back in.
直到最后我们决定重新插手
The Chairman thought that maybe we just needed to do a better job with
局长想也许下次去掉辅助轮之前
teaching you how to ride a bike before taking the training wheels off again.
应该先好好教会人如何骑自行车
So, we gave you the Renaissance,
因此 我们又带来了文艺复兴
the Enlightenment, Scientific Revolution.
启蒙运动 科技革命
For 600 years we taught you
用了六百年时间教会人们
to control your impulses with reason.
如何用理智克制冲动
Then in 1910, we stepped back again.
随后1910年 我们再次隐退
Within 50 years, you had brought us World War I,
而仅仅五十年 人类又一手酿成了一战
the Depression, Fascism, the Holocaust,
大萧条 法♥西♥斯♥ 犹太人♥大♥屠♥杀♥
and capped it off by bringing the entire planet to the brink of destruction
而之后的古巴导弹危机
in the Cuban Missile Crisis.
几乎把整个地球都推向毁灭
At that point a decision was taken to step back in again
于是我们决定再次插手
before you did something that even we couldn’t fix.
以免再发生即使我们也无力回天的愚事
You don’t have free will, David.
不能再任人自♥由♥发挥了 戴维
You have the appearance of free will.
但表面上人还是自♥由♥的
You expect me to believe that?
我凭什么相信你
I make decisions every day.
我每天都在自己做决定
You have free will over which toothpaste you use,
你当然能决定用哪个牌子的牙膏
or which beverage to order at lunch.
或者午饭喝什么饮料
But humanity just isn’t mature enough
但人性还不够成熟
to control the important things.
不能在大事上做决定
So, you handle the important things?
这么说 是你们处理重大事务吗
The last time I checked,
因为据我所知
the world is a pretty screwed-up place.
整个世界还是一团乱
It’s still here.
现在依然如此
If we had left things in your hands, it wouldn’t be.
如果我们放手不管 世界就无法复原
Tell me why I can’t be with Elise?
告诉我为什么不能和爱丽丝在一起
Because the last guy didn’t know.
因为之前那个人他不知道
Meeting Elise at the Waldorf three years ago
三年前你在沃尔道夫酒店
wasn’t chance.
遇到爱丽丝不是碰巧
That was us.
是我们安排的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!