and I probably have to postpone the speech, too.
可能还得推迟演讲
I just bumped into Elise.
我碰到爱丽丝了
You just hung up on your friend.
你就这么挂你朋友的电♥话♥
Yeah, but we’ve known each other since we were kids.
我们是从小玩到大的哥们
What speech? It doesn’t matter.
什么演讲 没什么
You want to take a walk? No.
想散散步吗 不了
We have a lot to catch up on.
咱们得好好聊聊
I don’t think you should cancel your speech.
我觉得你不该取消演讲
What if I don’t like you at the end of our walk?
要是散完步后我不喜欢你怎么办
I’ll take my chances.
我得试试
Seriously, my number hasn’t changed,
说真的 我的号♥码没变
just call me like you didn’t last time.
你上次没打 这次别忘了
Look, if you take a walk with me, I’ll explain why.
听着 你跟我散步 我就解释为什么没打
It’s been years. How do you know I don’t have a nice boyfriend?
这么多年了 你怎么能确定我还没找到如意郎君
Do you have a nice boyfriend?
你找到了吗
Would it matter if I did?
这很重要吗
Yeah.
当然
So you don’t have any real conviction then?
这么说你不能确定
Okay, it wouldn’t matter at all.
好吧 其实我无所谓
So, you don’t mind being a home-wrecker?
那你不介意当小三吗
Congressman!
议员先生
How are you doing, man? I’m from Red Hook. You’re the best.
最近怎么样 我住红钩区 你是最棒的
Thank you. Good to see you.
谢谢 很高兴见到你
If you were married, then it would bother me.
要是你结婚了 那我就真郁闷了
But now you’re just saying what you think I want to hear.
你说这个是因为你以为我爱听
I’m single.
我还单身
Now let’s hear your bullshit excuse for not calling me.
你可以开始为你没打电♥话♥狡辩了
I didn’t have your number.
我没有你的号♥码
I gave it you on the bus. Handed it to you.
我在公交车上给你了 亲手给你的
I was mugged. It was taken from me.
我被抢劫了 号♥码被抢走了
No, come on.
得了吧
My wallet was taken. Come on.
我钱包被抢了 别编了
Why else would I fawn all over you on a bus
那你说我为什么三年前在公车上费劲心思
three years ago and then never call you?
找你要电♥话♥ 却不打给你
Because, I don’t know!
我哪知道
You have a girlfriend and you felt terrible.
也许你有女朋友 你良心不安
Listen, I swear to you that I did not have your number.
听着 我发誓 我没有你的号♥码
All right.
好吧
No, on my parents’ graves.
不 我以父母的亡灵起誓
That’s heavy.
这誓太重了
That’s too heavy, I know, but it’s true.
是很重 可我句句属实
I didn’t have your number.
我没有你的号♥码
And I didn’t even have a last name to go by.
我也不知道你姓什么
If you google just “Elise”,
要是你谷歌♥一下”爱丽丝”
You did not. you get 757,000 hits.
不会吧你 蹦出来757,000个结果
And none of them are you.
可没有一个是你
We have a problem.
我们有麻烦了
What?
什么
David Norris is off plan.
戴维·诺里斯偏离了规划
Son of a bitch. How did he find her?
这兔崽子 他怎么找到她的
Chance. Just spotted her on the street.
偶遇 在街上恰巧看到她
We never should have let him meet her in the first place.
我们一开始就不该让他俩相遇
We followed protocol to the letter.
我们也是按章办事
Guy rides the same bus every day for three years.
三年来每一天都乘同一班公交
Who does that?
谁会那么做
Three years later, I’m still cleaning up your mess.
三年后我还得为你收拾烂摊子
Let’s cut the power at her dance studio.
切断她舞蹈房♥的电源
I’m a dancer.
我是舞蹈演员
Not like that, you pervert.
你不要想的那么肮脏
I’m in a contemporary ballet company.
我在一家当代芭蕾舞公♥司♥跳舞
I think you have the wrong idea about me.
我觉得你曲解我了
No, I think that was the first thing that crossed your mind, actually.
不 我认为你刚开始就那么想
I think you should invite me to one of your performances.
你应该邀请我去看你的演出
The company is called Cedar Lake,
公♥司♥名叫雪松湖
and there is actually a show tomorrow night, if you want.
你想来的话 明晚就有演出
Is that an invitation? No, it’s information.
这是邀请吗 不 只是告诉你一声
We’re covering the girl’s artistic director
我们已经搞定了那姑娘的艺术总监
and we’re still working on Charlie Traynor.
查理·崔纳那边还在进行中
This whole thing will be over in an hour.
一小时内摆平这事
Hello? Paul, right?
你好 保罗吧
How did you remember that?
你怎么记得我的名字
I’m a politician, I’m good with names.
在政界工作就得善于记人名
Her decision tree is diverging from our models.
她的决策图谱正在偏离我们的模型
It’s just the two of you?
就你们两位吗
Yes.
是
Thirty-six hours without contact,
要是36个小时不联♥系♥
she’ll never speak to him again.
她就决定再也不理他了
Look at her file.
她档案上是这么写
It’s the last thing in the world she’ll put up with.
这是她最不能容忍♥的事
No, something’s wrong. I’m already seeing inflection points.
不 出问题了 我已经看到反曲点了
You okay?
你没事吧
Yeah.
没事
We’re in motion on changing the location of her rehearsal.
我们正试图改变她排练的地点
You have to be born with the right body
你的身体条件要适合
like very flexible hips and shoulders and long neck.
要有灵活的臀部和肩膀 还有修长的脖子
And you weren’t?
你没有吗
No, I was. I was lucky.
我有 我很幸运
But after 15 years of that precision and the training…
但是经过15年的精益求精和训练…
How is everything over here?
一切都好吗
It’s great. Thank you.
很好 谢谢
It’s good, thank you.
不错 谢谢
So, I wanted to try something else just on my own,
我想尝试些新东西
open-ended and human, I guess.
比如说 无拘无束还有人性
What do you mean?
什么意思
Look.
看
What’s this?
这是什么
If they kiss.
要是他们接吻了
A kiss? That’s all it takes?
接吻? 仅此而已?
A real kiss.
一个真正的吻
If that happens, every possible adjustment
如果真发生了 每一个可以迫使他们分开的调整
strong enough to break them up will cause ripples over your limit.
都会引起超出你控制范围的水波效应
I think that everything you go through in life
我觉得你在生活中经历的一切
should come out in the way that you dance.
都可以在你的舞蹈中表现出来
I haven’t found that to be the case with my dancing.
我跳舞可没有这效果
It’s a shame.
那太可惜了
David, hate to interrupt.
戴维 抱歉打扰了
Nice to see you again, Elise.
真高兴又见到你了 爱丽丝
How did you find me?
你怎么找到我的
Does it matter?
这很重要吗
Nice work.
干得好
There’s a crowd of people waiting for your announcement speech
此刻正有一大群人在布鲁克林桥下
at the Brooklyn Bridge right now.
等着你的声明演讲
You’re announcing today? You can’t skip this for me.
你今天要做声明吗 你不能为了我取消掉
I know. I told you I’m not going to let you out of my sight.
我知道 可我说了不能让你离开我的视线范围
David, what the hell? Do you want to come?
戴维 你搞什么 你想来吗
Do you want to watch?
想来看吗
No. I can’t, I have to go and rehearse.
我不能去 我得去排练
Actually, I just heard that they’re moving my rehearsal to Pier 17,
我刚听说他们把排练地点改到了17码头
right next to the bridge.
就在桥边
You know what, why don’t we just postpone it?
为什么不推迟演讲
We’ll do the speech another time.
改个时间
No, David, come on, you can’t do that.
不 戴维 你不能这样
Thank you.
谢谢体谅
You have to go. Check.
你必须去 埋单
David, she’s rehearsing so close.
戴维 她的排练厅很近
It’ll take you three minutes to get there after the speech.
演讲后三分钟内我就能带你去那
All right.
好吧
Just come over when you’re done.
结束后你就过来
Keep the change. Thank you.
不用找零了 谢谢
Have Charlie’s aide call him now.
让查理的助手马上给他打电♥话♥