You know, I called you like 10 times, you could have picked up.
我给你打了十来次电♥话♥ 你就不能接一下吗
Christine, I found him. He’s in my office.
克里斯蒂 我找到他了 在我办公室里
What the hell are you doing?
你到底在干嘛
Round up the guys, we’re going to do the meeting now.
把人都叫过来 我们要开会了
You have a headache?
你头疼吗
What is wrong with you?
你到底有什么毛病
Hey, we’re in the big conference room on 17. Let’s go.
到17楼的主会议室开会 快去吧
Morning, Congressman.
早上好 议员先生
You sure you’re okay?
你确定你没事吗
Yeah, you?
没事 你呢
I’m great, why?
我很好 干嘛问这个
You don’t have a headache or anything?
你就没头痛或怎么吗
No, I feel fantastic, man.
没有 我觉得棒极了 老兄
Is it me or this an odd conversation?
是因为我还是因为这古怪的对话
On David’s solar panel deal,
关于戴维的太阳能电池板议案
our tech guy has serious doubts
我们的技术人员对所宣称的效能
about the efficiency ratings they’re claiming.
持有严重怀疑
They’d need a 20-fold improvement over anything anyone else
想要掌控整个市场 在现有价格点不变的情况下
has been able to manufacture
戴维一方必须做出
at that price point to really be a game-changer.
于其他厂家二十倍效能的产品才行
You’re opposed to this anyway,
你反正不支持这项议案
Charlie. And with these financials…
查理 更别提这些财政…
Whoa, whoa. I know it’s a risk,
等等 等等 我知道这有风险
but if our company doesn’t take
但要是连我们公♥司♥都不肯
a chance on something like this, then who will?
在这项提案上放手一搏 还有谁肯
I mean, I’m willing to take a fire on something
我是说 我愿意为这个
that could change the world.
能改变世界的玩意冒险
Not to mention, be incredibly lucrative.
更不用说 有利可图
David?
戴维
Yeah, I mean, it’s why I took the job here.
没错 所以我才接手这份工作
All right.
那行
Let’s do it.
放手去做吧
Come into my office for a second.
来趟我办公室
Something is wrong.
你有问题
A couple of hours ago
几个小时前
you miraculously reunite with the girl of your dreams.
你刚跟你的梦中情人奇迹般地相聚
Explain to me why you don’t have an ear-to-ear grin right now.
告诉我为什么现在你不再心花怒放了
I lost her number.
我弄丢了她的号♥码
What?
什么
The woman on the bus.
公交上那女孩
I lost her phone number and all I had was her first name, so,
我弄丢了她的手♥机♥号♥ 还只知道她的名字
I’m never going to see her again.
所以 我再也见不着她了
I’m sorry.
我很遗憾
Wow, I’m really sorry.
我真的很遗憾
Your entire world is turned upside down
整个人生都颠倒了
and you’re thinking about a woman.
可你还想着一个女人
Even if you could remember the number,
就算你能记起号♥码
you’ll never get through.
你也绝不可能打通
Lost cell phone, changed numbers,
手♥机♥遗失 号♥码变更
whatever creates the fewest ripples.
哪怕一丁点变动就能做到
My name is Harry, by the way.
顺便 我叫哈里
The fewest ripples?
一丁点变动
You freeze people. You froze my friend.
你们把人给冻住 把我的朋友冻住
We need special authorization to…
我们需要特别授权才能…
Poke around in people’s brains.
还在别人脑子里捅来捅去
You make them think whatever you want…
你们把意愿强加给别人…
Be quiet, David.
小点声 戴维
Can I get you something?
要点什么
Just some water, please.
水就好 谢谢
Your friend will be fine.
你朋友不会有事
Recalibrations make tiny changes in the way people reason.
重校只会对人们的思维方式产生细微变化
It doesn’t work on emotion or personality.
不会影响到情感或人格
That’s too intrusive.
要不然可就太过分了
You said authorization. Authorization from who?
你提到授权 由谁授权
The Chairman.
局长
The Chairman?
局长
That’s just a name we use.
只是我们使用的一种名号♥
You use many other names.
你们使用很多其他的名字
We can’t talk here.
我们不能在这边谈
Meet me on the 4:00 p.m. Boat and I’ll answer what I can.
在四点钟的船上见我 我尽量回答你的问题
If you reveal us, even if it’s unintentional…
可你要是揭露了我们 哪怕是无心的
I know. You’ll bump me on the head.
我知道 你们就会往我脑子上来一下
Richardson has automatic authority to reset you.
理查森有自主♥权♥重置你
You mean lobotomize me?
你是说切除我的脑叶吗
Try not to forget it.
可别忘了
Be on the 4:00 p.m. Boat.
四点钟 来船上见我
Ask your questions, I’ll tell you what I can.
问吧 我尽量回答你
What were they doing to Charlie?
他们对查理做了什么
Just changing the way he weighs investment risks
只不过是按照上层的意思
which will subtly shift the direction of his company
轻微地改变了他权衡
in the way upstairs wants.
投资风险的方式
So, Richardson could read my mind?
那理查森真的可以读心吗
Richardson was trying to scare you.
理查森只不过是想吓吓你
No, he knew the number I was thinking of, the color.
不 他知道我心里想的数字 颜色也是
Because he set it up as a choice.
那是因为他出了选择题
“Choose a color, choose a number.”
“选一种颜色 挑一个数字”
We can’t read your mind or hear your thoughts.
我们无法读取你的思想
When you make a decision, your mind weighs options.
但当你做决定时 你就会做出选择
We can perceive them.
这样我们就能感知到
We know when you’re going to go off the plan or not because
我们知道你是否会不按常理出牌
if we’re close enough,
因为如果我们离得够近
we can sense when it’s going to happen.
就能感知到接下来会发生的事
We’re just here to keep you on plan.
我们只是来确保你会按计划行事
That’s all we’re authorized to do.
仅此而已
Are you allowed to be telling me this stuff?
你能告诉我这些东西吗
Are they following me now?
他们是不是现在还跟着我
We have to monitor the entire world.
我们得监控整个世界
We don’t have the manpower to follow everyone all the time.
我们无法一直监控每个人
And there is something about water.
还有水
It blocks our ability to read your decision tree.
水能阻碍我们读取你们的决策图谱
Are you an angel?
你们是天使吗
We’ve been called that.
我们曾被这样称呼过
We’re more like case officers
其实我们更像是受理者
who live a lot longer than humans.
只是比人类活得更久
Why are you helping me?
你为什么要帮我
I have my reasons.
我有我的原因
And why won’t they let me be with Elise?
还有他们为什么不让我和爱丽丝在一起
All I know is the amount of resources they’ve used.
我只知道他们花了多大功夫
Keeping you from her is pretty damn important to them.
把你俩隔开对他们相当重要
You’re going to look for her, aren’t you?
你要去找她 是不是
You won’t find her.
你不会找到她
They’ll make sure of it.
他们会确保这一点
Even if they weren’t trying to stop you,
就算他们不阻拦你
there are nine million people in this city.
这城市里有九百万人口
You’ll never find her.
你永远找不到她
Forget about her.
忘了她吧
Move on with your life.
继续你的人生
Stop! Stop the bus!
停 停车
Elise? Elise, hi.
爱丽丝是你吗 你好
David.
戴维
You know, I rode the M6 to work every day for three years
知道吗 三年来我一直坐M6上班
hoping that I’d bump into you.
就是为了能再碰到你
Listen, is there a place we could go and talk?
听着 有什么地方可以聊聊吗
Don’t you have to get to work or something?
你不用去上班吗
I just got sick.
我不舒服
“I haven’t seen you in three years, you make me sick.”
“我三年没见你了 你让我不舒服”
That’s not an ideal come-on, just so you know.
这可不是个好开场白 你懂的
What are you looking for?
你在找什么
I felt like someone was watching us.
我觉得有人在监视咱们
Hey, Charlie, I’m going to have to skip breakfast,
查理 我不去吃早餐了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!