it was obviously very personal.
说了些非常隐私的话
So I was stuck in no man’s land,
我不知道该怎么办
and then it all got to be too much, so I came out.
接着我实在受不了 我就出来了
What are you doing in here?
你在这儿做什么
Just…
我只是…
I’m hiding from security.
在躲保安
Why?
为什么
I crashed a wedding upstairs.
我蹭了楼上的婚礼
People still do that?
还有人做这种事吗
It was a dare.
是和别人打赌
Who dared you to crash a wedding?
谁和你打赌去蹭婚礼
Me.
是我自己
I crashed a wedding once.
我之前蹭过一次
Did you? Yeah, in high school.
是吗 嗯 高中的时候
But I got caught. I spent the night in jail.
但我被抓了 被关了一晚上
I think that happened more than once from what I heard.
我觉得你该不止一次干过这种事了
You’re that guy running for Senate, aren’t you?
你就是那个竞选参议员的人吧
Yeah, I am that guy.
对 我就是那个人
And judging from your speech, you’re not winning?
从你的演说词来看 你落选了吗
No.
是的
Oh. That’s too bad, the other guy is such a tool.
太糟了 另一个人不过是个蠢蛋
He is a tool.
蠢蛋
I wish I could have made that clearer in the campaign ads.
早知道该直接写在竞选广♥告♥上
Personally, I think mooning your friends
就我看来 在校友联欢会上恶作剧
at a college reunion is no big deal.
也不算什么大事
The Post did not have to run the photo.
邮报没必要登照片
At least not a full page.
好在没登整版
God, no.
上帝啊 还好没有
It was my favorite moment of your whole campaign.
你整个竞选活动中 我最爱这一刻
Really? I could have used you on my team
真的吗 几个月前
a couple of months ago.
你就该加入我的竞选团队
I could help poll test
在你演说前
every word that comes out of your mouth before you say it.
我能帮忙检查讲稿的每个用词
Oh, you like politicians?
你喜欢政客啊
I like it when they do stuff I can relate to.
我喜欢我能参与的事
Like pull their pants down? I love that.
比如脱下他们的裤子吗 我喜欢
See, that kind of candidate
那种候选人
wouldn’t even get elected to the student council.
甚至不配参选学生会
My guy would know how to tie his own tie.
我喜欢的人该知道怎么打领带
It’s a clip-on.
这是卡夹式的
Oh, I wish.
我也希望
That would have been
你竞选中我喜欢的时刻
my other favorite moment of your campaign.
又多了一个了
Do you still have a chance?
你还有机会吗
Is it over?
就这么结束了吗
He crushed me.
他战胜我了
Sorry.
抱歉
Well, losing has its advantages.
失败也有好处
Like what?
比如呢
For one thing, as a politician,
首先 作为一名政客
you’re never really alone
你绝不会独自一人
unless you’re asleep, or in the bathroom, usually.
除非你在睡觉或上厕所 通常是
That gets old.
那样催人老
Really?
真的吗
Yeah, I guess I’m mostly just looking forward
是啊 我经常期待
to having some time by myself.
有点自己的时间
I don’t buy it. I think you love it.
我不信 我想你喜欢那样
Do I know you?
我认识你吗
I guess I could have been more convincing.
我想我得更有说服力
Okay.
好吧
You don’t have to worry
在下次选举前
about being convincing till the next election.
你不必担心说服力问题
Are you a registered New York voter?
你是纽约选民吗
Do I sound like I am?
我看着像选民吗
Holy shit.
见鬼
David.
戴维
Oh. Wow, sorry, guys.
抱歉 伙计们
Sorry. I got to go.
真抱歉 我得走了
Sorry.
不好意思
Hang on.
先等等
You going to give your speech? Hang on.
你准备好演讲了吗 等等
Hey.
等等
Hey.
等一下
Ma’am.
女士
I got to go.
我得走了
Ma’am?
女士
That is so much better.
那样好多了
She’s on the move.
她跑了
Southwest staircase.
西南楼梯
Excuse me? Ma’am.
请等一下 女士
What was that?
那是怎么回事
I don’t know.
我不知道
Are you ready?
你准备好了吗
Yeah, yeah.
嗯 准备好了
All right, go do the speech. Come on.
该去演讲了 走
Congressman David Norris.
众议员 戴维·诺里斯
I grew up not far away from here, in Red Hook.
我就在这附近的红钩区长大
Brooklyn! I love you, David!
布鲁克林 我爱你 戴维
I love you more!
我更爱你
I love you both.
我爱你们
But we had a rule in my neighborhood.
我们邻里间有个规矩
When you got in a fight,
我们打架之时
it wasn’t whether or not you got knocked down,
你是否被击倒并不重要
it’s what you do when you get back up.
重要的是 你站起之后会怎么做
And I came here to tell you tonight,
今晚 我来到这里告诉你们
that I will get back up.
我会东山再起
It’s bullshit.
这是在胡说
We didn’t have that saying in my neighborhood.
我们邻里间没那样的说法
It’s just one of those phrases, that…
这只是我们的竞选团队
had some traction with the focus group
用来吸引选民的说辞而已
and so we kept using it, but it’s not true.
我们一直在用 但并不真实
In 1998, I did a cover story for GQ.
1998年 GQ杂♥志♥采访了我
The title was “Youngest Congressman Ever.”
标题为 “史上最年轻的众议员”
And since then, every story has tried to explain
那时起 每篇报道都在竭力描绘
how I got here so fast.
我如何♥平♥步青云
And the word that people kept using was “Authentic.”
“真实” 是人们一直挂在嘴边的词
But here’s the problem.
但现在的问题是
This isn’t even my tie.
这甚至不是我自己的领带
Go get Jim for me. This tie was selected for me
叫吉姆过来 这条领带是
by a group of specialists in Tenafly, New Jersey
新泽西田纳菲的专家组替我选的
who chose it over 56 other ties we tested.
我试戴了至少56种其他款式的领带
In fact, our data suggests that I have to stick to
实际上 数据表明 我只能
either a tie that is red or a tie that is blue.
戴红领带或蓝领带
A yellow tie made it look
黄领带会让人觉得
as if I was taking my situation lightly,
我处事轻率
and I may in fact, pull my pants down again at any moment.
实际上 我可能会随时再次脱下裤子
A silver tie meant that I’d forgotten my roots.
银色领带则意味着我忘本
My shoes…
而我的鞋子…
You know, shiny shoes,
通常高级律师和银行家
we associate with high-priced lawyers and bankers.
他们的鞋子都很闪亮
If you want to get a working man’s vote,
如果你想赢得工薪阶层的选票
you need to scuff up your shoes a little bit.
你的鞋子得有点划痕
But you can’t scuff them up so much
但不能过多
that you alienate the lawyers and the bankers
不然会疏远律师和银行家
because you need them to pay for
因为你需要他们支付
the specialists back in Tenafly.
专家们回田纳菲的费用
So, what is the proper scuffing amount?
那鞋子有多少划痕才合适
Do you know we actually paid a consultant $7,300…
知道吗 我们请个顾问花了7300块…
Was it $7,300, Charlie?
是7300块吗 查理
Nice. What an asshole.
好啊 真是个混♥蛋♥