真的不去 尼克尔
Seriously? Nichol.
我走的很快
I walked quickly.
我的紧张并不是因为玛丽的威胁
Not because I was anxious so much as I was extremely intimidated by Mary…
而是不想让她不安 她值得尊重
…and didn’t want to upset her. She commanded respect.
毕竟 有时 一个小男生的一举一动
After all, at a time when every move a young boy makes…
都可能打破某人性容忍♥度的底线
…breaks some personal sexual boundary,
而玛丽·克莉就像一盏明灯
Mary Clear was like a beacon of light.
即使别的女孩都很尊重她
Even the other girls respected her.
玛丽每次和男生接吻后 都会放松地
After a boy made out with Mary they could rest easy…
依偎在他坚强的怀抱中 让他明白自己在做什么
…in that boy’s firm embrace, knowing one of them knew what he was doing.
安迪
Andy.
你要去哪 单车棚在另一边
Where you going? Bike rack’s the other way.
感谢你今天所有的帮助 丹
Thanks for all the help today, Dan.
现在我知道自己的朋友是谁了
Now I know who my friends are.
我是你的朋友 但我不是个傻瓜
I’m your friend, Andy, but I’m not a moron.
那我应该怎么做 和你一起挨揍
What was I supposed to do? Get beat up with you?
那完全没有意义
That makes no sense at all.
你会和一个傻瓜交朋友吗
Would you be friends with a moron?
别说了 呆会见
Forget it. I’ll see you later.
你要去哪
Where are you going?
去见玛丽·克莉
To meet Mary Clear.
你疯了吗
Are you insane?
里基·布朗会杀了你
Ricky Brown will kill you.
我知道 但我控制不住自己
I know. But I can’t stop myself.
一路向前 终于 我到了隧♥道♥口
Finally, up ahead, I approached the tunnel.
玛丽应该在另一边等
Mary would be waiting on the other side.
你疯了吗 尼克尔
You lost, Nichol?
有人说死前的一瞬间 你的一生会在眼前闪回
They say your life flashes before your eyes prior to death…
但那没有发生在我身上
…but that didn’t happen to me.
我把它当作好兆头
I took it as a good sign.
我能想到的只是
All I could think was
让里基在肚子上揍一拳会有多疼
how painful it felt when Ricky punched me in the stomach.
而且那还只是一个警告
And that was just a warning.
-放开他 里基 -闭嘴 玛丽 不关你事
-Let him go, Ricky. -Shut up, Mary. This ain’t your business.
放开他
You let him go
否则我会告诉凯尔纳校长 是谁在百事可乐售货机里
or I’ll tell Principal Kelner who stole $32 in quarters…
偷了32美元
…out of the Pepsi machine.
你是最幸运的小子 尼克尔
You’re the luckiest butt wipe, Nichol.
先是怪胎护着你 现在是女生
First, a freak bails you out. Now a girl?
我下次是不是得揍你妈
Am I gonna have to fight your mother next?
我向我妈赌上我家房♥子 里基
I bet the house on my mother, Ricky.
下次不会有人帮你 尼克尔
You’ll be alone next time, Nichol.
我保证
I promise.
再次骗过死神 我继续前进
Having cheated death once more, I marched on.
此时此刻 我不确定我最害怕的是
At this point, I wasn’t sure who I feared most…
里基·布朗还是玛丽·克莉
…Ricky Brown or Mary Clear.
不管是谁选了这块约会的地方
Whoever chose this particular spot to make out…
他都比任何八年级学生 更了解其中的象征意义
…knew a lot more about symbolism than most eighth graders.
尽管没人知道这种传统的起因
Although no one knew the origin of said tradition…
我想只有玛丽·克莉自己才知道
…my guess is that it was Mary Clear herself.
只有她明白其中含义
She alone would understand its meaning.

Hi.
我们才艺秀之后再来
We’re gonna have to do this after the talent show.
汽车一分钟后要走了
My bus is leaving in one minute.
到时候在这等我
Meet me back here.
多丽丝 你见过大基吗
Doris, have you seen Big G?
见了 我在停车场那看见他坐着
Yeah, I passed him sitting out in the parking lot.
谢谢
Thank you.
斯坦利
Stanley?

Hello.
还记得里基·布朗 用水枪射你那次吗
You know that time Ricky Brown was squirting you with a water pistol?
是的
Yeah.
我本该做些什么 本该试着帮你
I should have done something. I should have tried to help you…
…我对不住你
…and I’m sorry.
没事儿
That’s okay.
当时你怕吗
Are you scared?
是的
Yes.
我想你是我见过最勇敢的人
I think you may be the bravest guy I know.
或者说最疯狂的人
Or the craziest.
是的
Yeah.
诺尔曼来了吗
Did Norman come?
我不知道 但我确定他会
I don’t know, but I’m sure he will.
是的 很有趣
Yeah. It’s funny.
学校里最小的孩子 在保护最大的
The smallest kid in school protecting the biggest.
是的
Yeah.
晚会结束见
I’ll see you after the show.
好的
Yeah.
晚会结束见
See you after the show.
我想感谢今晚出席的所有人
I wanna thank everyone for this marvelous turnout.
孩子们为此付出了很多
The children have worked very hard.
我想你们会惊讶于今晚为你们献上的
And I think you’ll be surprised at the wonderful variety…
风格迥异 但精彩绝伦的演出
…of different acts that we have for you tonight.
首先欢迎多丽丝·戈宾
Our first act is Doris Gebben…
她将用立式贝司弹奏一首 动人的贝多芬曲目
…who will play a lovely Beethoven piece on the standup bass.
多丽丝
Doris?
等 等 不好意思
Wait, wait. Sorry.
多丽丝支支吾吾弹奏时…
As Doris droned on…
我在人群里搜寻诺尔曼的身影 但是没找到
…I searched the crowd for Norman, but he was nowhere to be found.
我知道演出对斯坦利有多重要 所以…
I knew how much it meant to Stanley for him to be there, so…
我们快点
Let’s hurry.
-又来收订报费吗 -为什么没来看演出
-Collecting for the paper? -How come you’re not at the show?
-为什么你没去 -他想知道你是否在那
-Why aren’t you? -He wanted to know if you were there.
我没看见你在那 所以就过来了
When I didn’t see you, I just came here.
你知道 每次西部片里面 反派准备吊死好人的时候
You know those western movies where bad guys are gonna hang the good guy?
警♥察♥们总会及时出现 救出主角
But the posse shows up to save the good guy just in time?
-是的 -好吧 我向你保证…
-Yeah. -Well, I guarantee you…
没有警♥察♥会救出斯坦利
…there’s no posse out looking to save Stanley.
如果你不在那 他会很不安的
He’ll feel bad if you’re not there.
我不知道他为什么这么做
I don’t know why he does it.
不管他们对他做了什么 他就是不投降
He just won’t give in, no matter what they do to him.
他很快就要上场了
He’ll be on soon.
我只是不想看他们的脸 我不想听见他们的嘲笑声
I just don’t wanna see their faces. I don’t wanna hear them laugh.
听着 如果他够胆这么做…
Look, If he’s brave enough to do it…
你就该够胆站在那支持他
…you should be brave enough to be there for him.
我是说 也许…
I mean, maybe…
-也许我们就是那帮警♥察♥ -你根本不知道那边情况怎样
-Maybe we’re the posse. -You don’t know what it’s like.
没错 但我知道你和斯坦利是好朋友
No, but I do know you and Stanley are best friends.
-另外 也许他真的会唱 -是的 当然
-Besides, maybe he can really sing. -Yeah, sure.
也许 他们会选我当舞会之王
And maybe they’ll vote me king of the prom.
你知道吗 你对他的看法是对的
You know, you were right about him.
他不同于任何人
He’s not like anyone else.
我妈妈说斯坦利身上某些东西 大多数人是永远不会有的
My mom says Stanley has something most people will never have.
斯坦利有尊严
Stanley has dignity.
是的
Yeah.
好了 我要回去了
Well, I gotta get back.
下个节目珍妮特·皮特罗 将要旋转她的指挥棒
Next up is Janet Piccolo who will twirl her baton…
给我们带来激动人心的《星条旗永不落》
…to the stirring “Stars and Stripes Forever.”
珍妮特
Janet.
上场吧
There you go.
嗨 诺尔曼
Hello, Norman.
祝你好运
Good luck.
谢谢你能来
Thanks for coming.
你还好吧
You okay?
我想 没事儿
Yeah, I think so.
-演出结束后见 -好的
-I’ll see you after the show. -Okay.
你能说说为什么你非得这么做吗
Just… Can you tell me why you think you have to do all this?
因为 诺尔曼 我是个歌♥手
Because, Norman, I’m a singer.
这就是我
That’s what I am.
好吧
Okay.
那真的很有意思
Well, that was certainly interesting.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!