Now, Ed.
好了 孩子们 一次绕街区转一圈
Okay, kids. Once around the block.
西蒙先生 这是有史以来最酷的车
Mr. Simon? This is the coolest car ever made.
-是的 很酷 对吧 -是的
-Yeah, it is pretty cool, isn’t it? -Yes.
尼克尔 你去哪了
Hey, Nichol. Where have you been?
-对不起 -这辆车太不可思议了
-Sorry. -The car is unbelievable.
是呀 排队吧 你也有机会 和你的南瓜头兄弟坐坐
Yeah. Maybe you can get in line with your pal pumpkin head over there.
看上去你们两个真是一刻都不能分开啊
Looks like you two just can’t get enough of each other.
无敌西蒙有一辆敞篷车
Good Simon has a convertible.
-我想怪胎的头应该塞不进去 -闭嘴 里基
-I don’t think freako’s head would fit. -Shut up, Ricky.
你可能想和他们一车 玛丽
Maybe you wanna ride with them, Mary.
你 尼克尔 还有克鲁玛努人
You, Nichol, Cro-Magnon man.
克鲁玛努人 旧石器时代晚期在欧洲的高加索人种
-也许我会 -听着 丹…
-Maybe I will. -Look, Dan…
总之我不能去了 我就是来告诉你这个
…I can’t go anyway. That’s what I came to tell you.
金枪鱼大佬叫我去办公室工作
Old Tuna Breath’s got me doing work in the office…
稍后见
…so I’ll see you later.
恕我直言 菲涅尔先生 这是相当危险的控诉
With all due respect, Mr. Freel, that is a very dangerous accusation.
这危及一个人的名誉 我希望你用证据说话
A man’s reputation is at stake. I hope you have some proof.
我儿子说的 他说整个学校都知道
I’ve got my boy’s word. He says it’s all over school.
你的一个教师出现了严重问题 你需要对此负责
You’ve got a real problem with a teacher. You need to do something about that.
你在讨论一个去年获选
You are talking about a man who was voted…
加州教师奖的人
…the California Teacher of the Year last year…
一个多年前就已经被提名该奖项的人
…and nominated many years before that.
就因为他得过一些奖 也无法说明他并非行为反常
Just because he’s won some awards doesn’t mean that he’s not some pervert.
那是一种病
That thing is a sickness…
迟早 它会控制他生活的其它部分
…and sooner or later, it’s gonna take over other parts of his life.
这是人性
It’s human nature.
从没听过有那样的假设
That assumption is completely unfounded.
菲涅尔先生
Mr. Freel, sir.
迄今为止 我认识西蒙先生已有12年
I have known Mr. Simon for 12 years now…
他从来没有任何不得体行为
…and there has never been so much as a hint of an impropriety.
有时候 事情的恶化需要时间
Sometimes these things take a while to fester.
西蒙先生是个鳏夫
Mr. Simon is a widower.
他妻子多年前就死了
His wife passed away many years ago.
我听说他们有时可以通过结婚隐瞒此事
Now, I heard that they can sometimes get married to cover their tracks.
这也可以解释他为什么没有再婚
It might explain why he never remarried.
要为你做些什么 我会告诉你的
I’ll tell you what I’m gonna do for you.
我要跟西蒙先生谈谈
I am gonna talk to Mr. Simon…
看看是否存在某种误解
…and see if there was some kind of misunderstanding…
以致造成詹森的断言
…that can make sense of Jason’s claims.
我敢保证 如果这个家伙不尽快解决这件事…
And I can guaran-damn-tee that if this guy isn’t dealt with in a hurry…
学校里所有家长
…there will not be a parent in this school
都会知道发生了什么
that doesn’t know about what’s going on.
-如果有必要 我还会登报 -拜托 先生
-I’ll go to the papers if I have to. -Please, sir.
我进行调查之前 请您千万不要做任何事情
Please don’t do anything until I have had a chance to look into it myself.
你有48小时
You’ve got 48 hours.
如果这段时间
And excuse me if my son
我儿子没在那个西蒙的班上 那就不好意思了
isn’t in this guy Simon’s class in the meanwhile.
您有权这么做 菲涅尔先生
That’s your prerogative, Mr. Freel.
同时 说到我如何搞清楚
Meanwhile, back on my march…
自己如何突然产生男性魅力的问题
…toward understanding the mysteries of impending manhood…
在我看来 和玛丽·克莉交往
…it occurred to me going steady with Mary Clear…
可能需要相当的洞察力
…could provide some much-needed insight.
有谁看见莫达克吗
Hey, anybody seen Modak?
也就是如果我可以不让自己颜面丢尽 就搞定这件事
That’s if I could bluff my way through it without totally humiliating myself.
我需要一条身份手镯 并且必须很快拿到
I needed an ID bracelet. And I needed it fast.
莫达克是学校知名的骗子 这只是他的天赋之一
Among his many other talents, Modak was also known as the school hustler.
每个学校和战俘营都会有这样一个人
Every school and prisoner of war camp has one.
他诡计多端 并且可以拿到你想要的任何东西
A guy who knows the angles and can get anything you want.
当然价格要合理
For the right price, of course.
-莫达克 -尼克尔
-Modak? -Nichol.
-我需要一个身份手镯 -我可以帮你
-I need an ID bracelet. -I can help you with that.
看 没有带安迪这个名字的手镯 但我有一些名字留空
Look, I don’t have anything with Andy on it, but I got a couple blanks.
你可以花五美元在希尔斯把名字刻上
Get your name on it at Sears for five bucks.
空白的也行 只要你有
Blank’s okay. It’s the thought that counts.
但是我没钱
I don’t have the money anyway.
-那我跟你费什么话 -我想我们可以交易
-Then why am I talking to you? -I thought maybe you’d trade.
-可以啊 你怎么想 -棒球卡
-That can work. What you thinking? -Baseball cards?
-年份 -52年的曼特尔新秀卡
-Vintage? -’52 Mantle rookie card.
-成色 -很好 简直是崭新的
-Condition? -Excellent. Still smells like bubblegum.
我要三张 好了 成交
I’ll take three and we’re done.
什么 莫达克 这太荒谬了 我只有三张
What? Modak, that’s ridiculous. Three’s all I got.
-这太多了 你开什么玩笑 -别紧张
-That’s way too many. Are you kidding? -Hey, relax.
交易规则可不是我定的
I don’t make the rules.
其实 我想我是定了规则
Actually, I guess I do make the rules.
同不同意随你
So take it or leave it.
好吧 我明天带来
Okay. I’ll bring them tomorrow.
我信你
I trust you.
谁是这个幸运的女孩
So who’s the lucky girl?
玛丽·克莉
Mary Clear.
你送她那个可能会出问题
You might have a problem with that.
因为那是我们交往的时候 我送她的
Because that’s the one I gave her when we went steady.
我要把握机会
I’ll have to take my chances.
-交易愉快 -手镯可能值10美元
-Pleasure doing business. -That was maybe a 10-dollar bracelet.
代我向玛丽问好 她是个好孩子
Hey, give Mary my best. She’s a good kid.
而今天 那些曼特尔新秀卡能值十万美元
And today, those Mantle rookie cards are worth about $100,000.
要从男孩变成男人
The trip through that dark tunnel from boy to man…
往往必须付出沉重的代价
…does not come without great expense.
-斯蒂芬 -伊夫琳 嗨 怎么了
-Stephen? -Evelyn, hi. What’s up?
不好意思 打扰你了 但是出了点事…
Well, I’m sorry to interrupt your free period, but something came up…
我认为应该尽快解决
…and I thought we should deal with it as soon as possible.
家庭教师协会12年来又一次亏损了
PTA drive fall short again for the 12th year?
不 是…
No, it’s…
真是难以启齿
It is awkward.
老实说 为这事来找你 我很惭愧
Frankly, I’m embarrassed to come to you with this,
但是实在没办法
but I don’t have any choice.
伊夫 你说什么呢
Ev? What are we talking about here?
好吧…
Well…
詹森·菲涅尔
…Jason Freel.
什么
Yeah?
你知道孩子的天性
You know how children are.
事实上 他坚持…
And, actually, he insists…
显然 学校里…
Apparently, there’s a rumor…
一直有这么个谣言 说你是…
…that’s going around the school that you’re…
同性恋者
…a homosexual.
来问你这样的正人君子 我实在很惭愧…
This is so embarrassing for me to come to a man of your…
是的 你知道 我十分尊重你
Well, you know how much I respect you.
-同性恋者 -是的
-A homosexual? -Yes.
这整个误会都源于凯琳·康纳事件
This whole misunderstanding stems from the Karen Connor incident.
于是詹森想趁机报复
Some active revenge on Jason’s part.
但是 很不幸 他已经跟他爸妈说了
But, unfortunately, he’s already gone to his mother and father.
伊夫 没事的 先放松
Ev, it’s okay. Just take a breath.
菲涅尔先生坚持 除非做点什么
Mr. Freel insists, unless something is done…
否则 他将告诉其他家长以及报社
…he is going to tell the other parents and the papers.
看他的意思 这是真的
According to him, this is a fact.
很有趣
It’s funny.
我突然相当同情小詹森
Suddenly I feel a great deal of empathy for young Jason.
只要我去说你否认这件事 好吧 对我而言这就够了
As soon as I can say that you deny it, well, that’s good enough for me.
如果你已经否认了 他还不罢休
And when you do deny it, if that’s not enough for him…
我会坚定地支持你
…then I will stand right beside you and fight.
他们看到你这样一个男人
They see a man like you.
这些年一直单身 不结婚 你知道人们就是这样
Unmarried, single all these years. You know how people are…
看到一点小事 就毫无根据地夸大
…and they just take a situation and they blow it up for no reason.
我不知道…
I guess…
我只是不知道我的私人生活究竟
I guess I just don’t know how my private life has any bearing…
与我当老师的能力有何关系
…on my ability as a teacher.
工作难道不该只是工作吗
Shouldn’t the work just stand for itself?
是的 当然
Yes, of course.
但这件事和那个无关
But this isn’t about that.
我认为有关
I think it is.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!