谢谢您
Wow, thank you, sir.
谢谢您
Thank you, sir.
和我教过的所有孩子一样 我为你们两个小伙子感到骄傲
I am as proud of you two boys as any students I’ve ever had.
我是说真的
And I mean that.
希望你们有个愉快的暑假…
And I wish you both a wonderful summer…
并有个美好的人生
…and a wonderful life.
你现在要打算做什么 西蒙先生
What are you gonna do now, Mr. Simon?
我当然会再找个地方教书
Well, I’ll find someplace to teach, of course.
我是个老师
I am a teacher.
这就是我
That’s what I am.
-再见 西蒙先生 -再见 斯坦利
-Goodbye, sir. -Goodbye, Stanley.
-再见 安德鲁 -再见 先生 谢谢
-Goodbye, Andrew. -Goodbye, sir. Thank you.
斯坦利上了高二后
Stanley and I lost touch…
我们便没有再联♥系♥
…when he moved away in our sophomore year in high school.
我可以像你们保证 他的悲惨遭遇并没有在八年级结束
I can assure you, his suffering did not end in the eighth grade.
不过 我知道不管他需要承担怎样的困难
Nevertheless, I know whatever hardships were thrust upon him…
他都会有尊严地应对
…he handled them with dignity.
他来了
He’s coming.
至于我 好吧 我是一名作家
As for me, well, I am a writer.
这就是我
That’s what I am.
靠着墙 靠着墙
Against the wall. Against the wall.
我用笔创作了这样一个世界
And with my pen, I can create a world
在那里 斯坦利·麦纳尔这样的勇士
where brave men like Stanley Minor…
按大家评价自己的标准被称为圣人
…are exalted as the standard by which we all measure ourselves.
在这里 凯伦·康纳有属于她的水晶鞋
A world where Karen Connor will fit the glass slipper.
诺尔曼·甘密尔当选了舞会之王
And Norman Grunmeyer is voted King of the Prom.
在这里 每个人的尊严和怜悯
A world where the equation human dignity plus compassion…
与和平一样重要
…equals peace.
再见 西蒙先生 世界上最好的老师
好的 好的 1 2 3
All right, all right, one, two, three.
再见 西蒙先生
Goodbye, Mr. Simon.
谢谢你
Thank you.
谢谢你
Thank you. Yeah.
有史以来最好的老师
Best teacher ever. Yeah.
谢谢
Thank you.
西蒙先生 你是最棒的 最棒的
Mr. Simon, you’re the best. The best.
斯坦利
Hey, Stanley.
后会有期
See you around.
后会有期 安迪
See you around, Andy.
八年级最后一周 很多事都值得怀念
The last week of eighth grade was memorable for many reasons…
不只是和玛丽约会的那些瞬间
…not the least of which were those glorious make-out sessions with Mary.
但一想到自己再也见不到西蒙先生
But knowing I would never see Mr. Simon again…
心里便非常不安
…haunted me.
我心中仍有一个疑团未得到解答
There was still one question that had to be answered.
西蒙先生
Mr. Simon?
你好 西蒙先生
Hello? Mr. Simon?
能帮你点什么吗 尼克尔先生
Can I help you, Mr. Nichol?
-不好意思 先生 -没事儿
-I’m so sorry, sir. -It’s okay.
很高兴你能过来
I’m glad you dropped by.
-喝杯茶 -不用了 先生 谢谢你
-Would you like a cup of tea? -No, sir, thank you.
我只想问你一个问题
I just wanted to ask you a question.
没错 那是我妻子
My wife, yes.
疑团解决了吗
Mystery solved?
不 不是 先生
Oh, no, sir.
好吧 我也是这么想的
Well, yeah, I guess that too.
来 坐
Here, have a seat.
那她在哪
So where is she?
她去世了
She passed away.
确切说 是在十九年前的今天
Nineteen years ago today, in fact.
-对不起 -没事 有点煽情了 我想
-I’m sorry. -Yeah, well, a little sappy, I’m afraid.
作为一个作家 作品还是不要写得和肥皂剧一样
As a writer, it would do you well to avoid melodrama in your work.
我想我太爱她了
I suppose I loved her too much.
-这样的解释满意吗 安德鲁 -没有
-Does that help you, Andrew? -No.
我是说 我不在乎 那不是我来的原因
Well, I mean, I don’t care about that. That’s not why I came.
真的
Oh, really?
你把我弄糊涂了 那你为什么来
Well, you’ve got me intrigued. What is it?
我只是想知道
I just wanted to know.
你打算安排我和斯坦利一组的时候 为什么你会选我
When you assigned me to work with Stanley, why’d you pick me?
你说有一个原因
You said there was a reason.
是的…
Well…
我相信生活就是由时机 机会和选择组成的
…I believe that life is about timing, opportunity, and choices.
这是在对的时间出现的一个机会…
It was an opportunity at the right time…
让你这样优秀的男士做出正确的选择
…for a wonderful young man like you to make the right choice.
我知道你还没准备好那样做
And I knew you weren’t ready to do that.
但是我不想你错过它
But I didn’t want you to miss it.
但是 你怎么知道这有用
But how did you know it would work?
你怎么知道我能处理好
How did you know that I could do it?
我不知道
I didn’t.
但有时候 你只是需要 有人告诉你 你可以
But sometimes, you just need someone to tell you that you can.
我不确定我完全明白了
I’m not sure that I fully understood it then, but it did occur to me…
不过当时我突然想起了 西蒙先生喜欢的那一大堆书
…that somewhere in that marvelous pile of books Mr. Simon cherished…
其中有本手册叫如何做一名教师
…there was a manual called How to Be a Teacher…
是西蒙先生写的
…written by Mr. Simon.
安迪 安迪 关了它 快点
Andy, Andy. Shut it off. Come on.
关了它 关了它
Shut it off. Shut it off.
过来 我跟你说了多少遍
Come on. Now, how many times have I told you?
你要观察齿轮槽发现你遗漏了哪里
You have to use the wheel grooves as a guide to show where you left off.
-这儿 我示范给你看看 -不不不
-Here, I’ll show you. -No, no, no.
“不” 是什么意思
What do you mean no?
我是说 我会修整好草坪 爸爸
I’m mean, I’m gonna finish the lawn, Dad.
我会重新检查一遍 找到我遗漏的那些
I’ll go over it again and catch anything I missed.
那就是我的做事方式
That’s just the way I do it.
先过一遍 再来一遍查缺补漏
Once one way and another against the grain.
像在球场一样 或者棋盘
Like at the ballpark or like a checkerboard.
听着 我喜欢这样 老爸
Look, I like to do it, Dad.
我喜欢修剪草坪 我喜欢它的样子 它的味道
I like to mow the lawn. I like the way it looks and smells.
我会按我的方式完成
And I’m gonna finish it, my way.
修剪结束后 如果我漏了哪块 你可以叫我笨蛋
Then once I’m done, if I’ve still left a spot you can call me a jughead.
但是 拜托 让我做完
But, please, just let me finish.
好的
Okay.
很不错
Fair enough.
(剧情尚未结束 各位主角还有下文)
安迪·尼克尔是位作家 这就是他 他已经结婚32年了
这是他继玛丽·可丽之后最长的一段恋爱经历
他有两个美丽的女儿
斯坦利·麦纳尔一直致力于帮助贫困儿童 有一天
他的一张乐透彩奖券中了4100万美元 他和卡伦·康纳结婚了
他们和三个美丽的红发孩子一起住在法国南部
玛丽·克丽在克利夫兰的一所郊区初中教授性教育课程
她幸福地度过了四段婚姻历程
安迪的身份手镯还放在她阁楼上的一个箱子里
诺尔曼·甘密尔在哈佛大学教物理
他和一位只有自己一半年纪的女学生结了婚
育有七个孩子 他和斯坦利的关系还是很铁
布鲁斯·莫达克成为了一位期货交易商
住在自己停泊在佛罗里达州坦帕港的游轮上
他刚交往三个星期的女友是个名叫伊薇特的瑞典超级名模
里基·布朗成为了一伙飞车党的老大
他们效仿地狱天使摩托俱乐部
给自己取名”收割者的混♥蛋♥私生子”
他正因持械抢劫在联邦监狱服满10到15年的刑期
杰森·菲涅尔有一次抽了和他的身材
完全不成比例的大量大♥麻♥ 从此杳无音信

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!