真难以置信 达拉斯警方逮捕了李·哈维·奥斯
It was unbelievable. Dallas police arrested Lee Harvey Os…
这标志着总统办公室 持续高压状态的开始
solemn moment that marks the continuity of the president’s office.
片名 这就是我
飞行员戴着它 跳伞运动员也戴着它
Jet pilots wear them. Skydivers wear them.
加入全国风行的反歧视的
Joined in nonviolent protest…
非暴♥力♥抵抗运动
…of the widespread discrimination throughout the country…
火车如何运转
How does a train go?
美国小姐竞选
Miss America contest.
从54名可爱的候选佳丽中选出10名
From 54 lovely hopefuls, down to 10.
火车轨道
Train track.
-太棒了 -陆海大战
-Terrific. -The Army-Navy game.
每年在美国陆军军官学校与海军军官学校间开展的大学生足球赛
球场专用草皮
Grassy setting for…
你可以同时拥有这些玻璃杯 它们都是达孜出品
You can both have the glasses. They come in Duz.
-达孜出品 -达孜出品
-In Duz? -In Duz?
格里和起搏器乐队
Gerry and the Pacemakers.
三枚红外制导导弹达成致命一击
Powered big shot comes complete with three rubber-tip missiles.
对持久战争的抗♥议♥
Protests against the war persisted.
越来越多的声音称游♥行♥示♥威♥为背叛行为
A growing voice however call the demonstrations treachery.
新年伊始 二十五万美国人在…直面共♥产♥党人
As the year began, the quarter million Americans face the communists in…
人们常说孩子是残酷的
正如这个大基的故事讲的
“琼看着这些将军说
“Joan looked at the generals and said:
‘我的事情与你们无关
‘My business is not with you.
你们根本不打算召开战争议会’
You have not craved a council of war.’
接着她继续求助于国王的枢密院
Then she turned toward the king’s privy council and continued.
‘不 它和你休戚相关 战争议会’
‘No, it is with you. A council of war.’
实在令人惊讶
It is amazing.
除了能在几个现成的选项中做出选择
Councils of war have no value…
战争议会毫无价值
…but to decide between two or several doubtful courses.
如果面前只有一个选择 召开战争议会还有意义吗”
But a council of war when there is only one course?”
大基有一头火红的…
Big G had a head of flaming red…
不 该叫做橘红色的头发
No, make that orange hair.
G代表姜黄
The G stood for ginger.
有对红发的人的贬损之意
A derogatory term for redheads.
大基比学校里其他任何人都高出一尺多
Big G was easily a foot taller than anyone else in the school.
即使这样 他的头相对身体还是显得太大
Even so, his head was still too big for his body.
而他耳朵的大小又与他的脑袋有得一拼
And his ears too big for his head.
有人可能会认为 上天至少应该
One might think in order to compensate…
补偿给大基一张英俊的脸庞
…Big G might have been blessed with a handsome face.
毕竟 克拉克·盖博也有一对大耳朵
After all, Clark Gable had big ears.
露茜·鲍尔头发是橘红色的
Lucille Ball had orange hair,
但他们的其它长相都对此有所弥补
yet for them, there was compensation.
大基可不是这样
Not so for Big G.
“…向巴黎进军”
“…the march upon Paris.”
我有没有说过孩子往往是残忍♥的
Did I say children were cruel?
很明显 即使上帝也有打盹的时候
Apparently, even God has his moments.
“她回答道 ‘真的
“She replied, ‘Indeed?
能不能劳驾阁下详细讲讲
And will Your Excellency be good enough to utter them?
懦弱与背叛’ 琼轻蔑地说”
Cowardice and treachery,’ said Joan scornfully.”
今天就到这里
That’s where we’ll finish today.
好了 最后几分钟
Okay, so the last few minutes of class,
我想谈谈你们的毕业课程设计
I wanna talk to you about your final project.
这次作业以两人为一组协作完成
You’ll be working in teams of two.
公平起见
So to make it fair
你们不能选择自己的伙伴
and so each of you won’t be picking your friend to work with…
我已经安排好你们的合作对象
…I have decided to pair you up myself.
每组为一个评分单位
Each team will receive one grade.
所以你们必须互相协作
So you must work together.
互相发现对方的强项 并利用好它们
Discover each other’s strengths and capitalize on them.
清楚了吗 现在开始
All right? Here we go.
泰勒小姐和威利先生一组
Miss Tyler will be working with Mr. Wiley.
阿彻小姐和瓦莱罗先生一组
Miss Archer will be working with Mr. Valero.
卡泽门小姐和弗朗茨小姐一组
Miss Katzman will be working with Miss Franz.
尼克尔先生和麦纳尔先生一组
Mr. Nichol will be working with Mr. Minor.
好了 同学们 请保持安静
All right, class, I would like to have it absolutely quiet. Please.
这样交头接耳完全没有必要
There’s no reason for that kind of behavior.
我会将名单贴在黑板上 你们可以看看自己跟谁一组
I’ll put this list up on the board so the rest can see who you’re teamed with.
这份作业期末之前必须完成
The assignment will be due at the end of the semester.
明天见
And I will see you tomorrow.
谢谢
Thank you.
好运
Good luck.
尼克尔先生
Mr. Nichol?
我想让你知道 安排你和斯坦利一组是有原因的
I want you to know I paired you with Stanley for a reason.
你很幸运 所以不要让我失望
You’re very fortunate, so please don’t disappoint me.
安德鲁
Andrew?
你怎么想的
Your thoughts?
西蒙先生 我认为自己不适合与大基搭伙
Well, Mr. Simon, I just don’t think I’m the right partner for Big…
-我是说 斯坦利 -为什么
-I mean, Stanley. -And why is that?
他比我聪明得多
Well, he’s a lot smarter than I am.
我不擅长写作
And I’m not a very good writer.
我会拖累他的
I could screw him up.
可是 我不赞同你的说法 安德鲁
Well, I beg to differ from you, Andrew.
我发现你的作品相当引人入胜
I find your writing fascinating.
你的视角多样 观察也很细致
You’re a keen observer with a colorful perspective.
事实上 在你糟糕的语法和拼写中
In fact, underneath the poor grammar and the atrocious spelling…
我相信 蕴藏着一个伟大作家的心灵
…I believe there lies the heart and soul of a great writer.
-真的吗 -真的
-Really? -Really.
你喜欢写作吗
Do you enjoy writing?
算是吧 有时候 至少对编故事感兴趣
Sort of. Sometimes. The making-up-the-story part at least.
如果你喜欢而且擅长某件事情
Well, if you enjoy something and you’re good at it…
那首先你必须将你自己向 你想成为的那种形象看齐
…then first you must define yourself as what you wanna be.
-我不…-跟我重复
-I don’t… -Repeat after me.
我是一名作家 这就是我
I am a writer, that’s what I am.
我是一名作家 这就是我
I am a writer, that’s what I am?
我们再试试 站直 肩膀靠后
Let’s try that again. Stand up straight. Shoulders back.
深呼吸 我是一名作家 这就是我
Deep breath. I am a writer, that’s what I am.
我是一名作家 这就是我
I am a writer, that’s what I am.
太棒了 走吧 安德鲁
Excellent. Now go, Andrew.
-开始写作 -好的 没问题
-And write. -Yeah. Yes, sir.
尽管生命里充满痛苦和歧视
Despite all that was so painful and humiliating in his life…
大基似乎仍然令人肃然起敬
…Big G seemed to command respect.
任何情况下 他都保持 着一种高尚的气质
No matter what, he maintained a certain nobility about him.
至少那些感觉足够敏锐 的人能够觉察出来
At least in the eyes of those few sensitive enough to look.
很不幸 我不属于那些人
Unfortunately, I was not one of those few.
看来他又尿裤子了
It looks like he wet his pants.
变♥态♥
Freak.
我的天
Oh, my God.
大家看 大基尿裤子了
Everybody, Big G wet his pants.
-我要一个三明治 -山姆 看着我
-I want a sandwich. -Sam, look at me.
如果我问老妈再多拿一个三明治 她肯定会知道出问题了
If I ask my mom for an extra sandwich, she’s gonna know something’s up.
-她一般只给我两个 -三明治和糖块也行
-She gives me two as it is. -Sandwich and candy bar.
糖块 糖块 你是傻子吗
Candy bar? Candy bar. Are you nuts?
你再打我多少次 我妈都不会给我一个糖块的
My mom won’t give me a candy bar no matter how many times you beat me up.
你好 我爸是牙科医生 记得不
Hello? My dad’s a dentist, remember?
山姆 为什么你不干脆 砍下我的手当点心
Why don’t you just cut off my arm and snack on that, Sam?
来啊 砍了它 你在干嘛
Go ahead, cut it off. What are you doing?
拜托 山姆 别冲动 我们还可以沟通嘛
Please, Sam, easy. You’ve gotta work with me here.
你这样只会适得其反 我可以替你做功课
This is counter-productive. I’ll do your homework.
已经有辛克尔帮我做作业了 我得要现金
Hinkle does my homework. I’ll take cash.
好吧 好吧
Okay. Okay.
现金没问题 给你现金就是
Cash is not a problem. Cash will work.
拿着
There you go.
-尼克尔 -山姆
-Hey, Nichol. -Hey, Sam.
-没法相信你真给他钱了 -哪里没法相信
-Can’t believe you paid him money, -What part didn’t you believe?
我递给他钱那桥段
Part where I handed him money?
还是他拿我的内♥裤♥勒我脖子那部分
Or the part where he had my underwear around my neck?
山姆被吓懵了 我是说 他不会真的伤到你
Sam’s all bluff. I mean, he’s not actually gonna hurt you.
-不像瑞奇·布朗 -是吗
-Not like Ricky Brown. -Is that right?
我猜你那天是生病没来吧
So I guess you were sick that day…
当时山姆揪着我的脑袋把我弄进间厕所
…Sam shoved my head into a toilet
牙齿都被他打歪了
and broke my tooth.