兰尼是个傻瓜
Lenny is the fool.
吉米有天赋
Jimmy is… the talent.

Faye is…
菲很特别 对吗
well, now, Faye is special, isn’t she?
你是聪明的一个
And you are the smart one.
反正我是这么想的
That’s what I think anyway.
你还好吗
How you been?
还好 你呢
Doing all right. How about you?
还好 过得去
All right. Hanging in.
这个叫什么
Ernie: What do you call that?
我是斯巴达克斯
I am Spartacus.
要录下来吗
Ha ha ha! You wanna lay it down?
算了 我只是好玩的
Nah. I was just goofing around.
嘿 伙计
Hey, my man.
嘿 戴尔
Hey, Del!
你叫什么
What’s your name again?
盖 呃 盖·帕特森
Guy… uh, Guy Patterson.
盖 是的
Guy. Yeah, that’s right.
你不错啊
Hey, you’re good.
你听到了
Oh, you heard that?
很来劲啊
You swing.
谢谢
Thank you.
我能插♥进♥来吗
Uh, can I jam with you a bit?
你想跟我合奏
You want to jam with me?
不行吗
Why not?
当然 当然
Sure. Sure.
好的
All right.
你来这里干嘛
What are you doing here?
在C棚和威利·沃克录点音乐
Recording some tracks in Studio C with Willy Walker.
威利·沃克
Willy Walker?
他能跟我们一起吗
Can he jam with us, too?
不行 就我们二重奏吧
Nah, let’s keep this a duet.
把刚才那个斯巴达克斯再来一遍
Let’s play that Spartacus again.
嘿 厄尼
Hey, Ernie…
录下来
roll tape on this.
没问题 戴尔
You got it, Del.
开始吧 倒数
Go ahead. Count it off.
1 2 3 4
1… 2… 3… 4.
-KJZZ 我们不接受请求 -帕里斯
-KJZZ. We don’t take requests. -Paris.
我是奇迹乐队的盖·帕特森 记得吗
It’s Guy Patterson ofThe Wonders. Do you remember me?
是的
Yeah.
我只能跟你说了 你肯定猜不出我在哪
You’re the only person I can tell this to. You’ll never guess where I am.
我在碟王录音棚 刚刚跟戴尔·帕克斯顿合奏了
I’m at Discmaster Studios. I just jammed with Del Paxton.
他和威利·沃克录音
He’s recording down the hall with Willy Walker…
“五手”约翰逊和彼特·迪恩·法尔肯
Five-Hand Johnson and Peter Dean Falcon.
天啊 你能跟他们说话吗
My God. Man, can you talk to ’em?
刚刚说了
I just did.
-不是不是 你能录下来吗 -不知道 也许吧
-No, no, no. Can you record them? -I don’t know. Maybe.
跟他们聊天 采访他们 让他们演奏
Okay, talk to ’em, interview ’em, get ’em to play.
录下来 一定是无价宝
Just get it on tape. God, it’ll be priceless.
这主意太棒了 我试试
That is a great idea. I’ll try.
听着 你要找工作吗
Hey, listen. You want a job?
你把磁带带到电台 我把6:00到午夜的档给你
You bring that tape to the station, and I’ll give you the 6:00 to midnight slot…
一周七天
seven nights a week.
你说真的
Are you kidding me?
工资不高 你做过广播吗
Now, I don’t pay much. Have you ever done radio?
-没 只跟你做过 -没问题 你懂爵士就行
-No. Just with you. -That’s cool. You know your jazz.
我得挂了 有点问题 再见
I gotta go. I got a problem. Okay, bye.
我们在菲力爵士演出演奏了一个星期 还有猫艾迪
Yeah, we played the PhillyJazzJunction for a week, and Eddie the Cat
-你们知道猫艾迪 -是的
-Y’all know Eddie the Cat. -Yeah.
他要我们在那里录音
Well, he wanted us to cut the record there.
可我已经订了去巴黎
But I’d already been booked to be in Paris.
于是他说”就不能再多呆一天”
So, uh, he said, ” Can’t you stick around for just one more day?”
那个星期一下午 我们叫了一大堆好友坐在那
Well, that Monday afternoon, we called in a bunch of our friends to sit in…
你知道 作为观众
and, uh, you know, be an audience for us.
-我们两个小时就录完了 -哇哦
-We cut that record in two hours. -Wow.
等等 你录了星期一下午3:00的节目
Wait. You recorded that on a Monday afternoon at 3:00?
我有那个唱片 听上去像周六晚上有好多人
I have the record. It sounds like a wild crowd on a Saturday night.
是啊 酒吧开门了
Yeah, well, the bar was open.
那里面有鲍比·华盛顿打鼓 对吗
Uh, uh, Bobby Washington played the drums on that, right?
是的 有鲍比 他还欠我钱呢
Yeah, Bobby played. That dude owes me money.
-让我来吧 亲 -谢谢你 拉马尔
-Hey, darling, let me take care of that. -Oh, thank you, Lamarr.
-没事 是我的工作 -你好吗
-Sure. It’s my job. -How are you?
还可以 不过你要是今天走 就变成悲伤酒店了
I’m okay. But it’s gonna be a sad hotel if you leaving us today.
我得坐出租去灰狗巴士站
I gotta get a cab going to a Greyhound bus station.
哦 想到你坐巴士我就难受
Oh, the thought of you on a bus just ruined my day.
别担心 我们会送你去的
Well, look, don’t worry about it. We’ll get you there.
-我们每20分钟有趟小巴 -这里
-We got a jitney that leaves here every 20 minutes. -Here?
-是的 -太好了
-Yeah. -Mmm, great.
-太好了 -你吃午饭了吗
-Great. -Have you had your lunch?
-我不太饿 -噢 不行不行不行
-I’m not very hungry today. -Oh, no, no, no, no.
你得吃饭 听着 我要去你去酒店咖啡厅
You’ve got to eat. Now listen, I want you to go in here to the Caf?Ambassador…
点一份火鸡三明治 脆培根
and I want you to order yourself a turkey club, bacon crisp.
还有蜜桃酥皮饼 我替你看行李
And some peach cobbler. Now that’ll hold you.
-行吗 -脆培根
-Okay? -Bacon crisp?
-脆培根 蜜桃酥皮饼 -你替我看行李
-Bacon crisp, peach cobbler. -You’ll watch my bags for me?
我替你看着 别担心 多吃点
I got your bags. Don’t worry about a thing. Enjoy!
嘿 过来 拿着这女士的行李 标上V.I.P.
Hey, come on over here. Pick up this lady’s bags. Mark ’em V.I.P.
知道吗V.I.P.
Got it? V.I.P.
想要点什么
Hi. Can I get you something?
我想要 火鸡三明治 脆培根
Yes. I would like the, uh, turkey club, bacon crisp, please.
火鸡三明治 没问题
Turkey club. You got it.
嘿我等会跟你说
Hey! Yeah. I’ll talk to you later.
嘿 嘿 嘿 慢点 年轻的先生
Hey, hey, hey. Slow down there, young squire.
-生活的路还很长 -我得退房♥
-Life is long. -I gotta check out.
你今天也要走 你的同伴
You’re leaving us today too, huh? Yeah, well, that partner of yours
那个趾高气昂的 几小时前就走了
the one with all the attitude, he left here hours ago.
你的小菲菲也快走了
And your little Fifi is about to vamoose as well.
等等 你是说菲吗她还在这里
Wait, Fifi-You mean Faye. She’s still here?
是的 她还坐在咖啡厅里
Yeah. She’s sitting there in the coffee shop.
在吧台上 一个人 在我家乡 这样是不对的
At the counter, alone. Now, where I come from, that just ain’t right.
拿着
Take that.
我是拉马尔
Lamarr here.
是的 先生 蓝色羚羊 没问题
Yes, sir. Blue Impala. Absolutely. Uh-huh.
谢谢 先生 嘿 嘿 嘿
Thank you, sir. Hey, hey, hey!
那不是你干的
Now, that ain’t your job.
还好 你还没走
All right, you’re not leaving.
-盖 -不能不辞而别
-Guy. -Not without saying good-bye.
菲不做这样的事情
It would be a very un-Faye-like thing to do.
这什么 奇迹乐队的下张打榜专辑
What’s that, The Wonders’ next hit record?
不 没有奇迹乐队了
No. The Wonders are no more.
真的没了
Like, no more, no more?
风云突变 菲
Everything has changed, Faye.
这些是神的作品
These are hours of the immortals…
爵士的神 聊天 吹牛 讲故事 你不会信的
gods of jazz, talking, riffing, telling stories you wouldn’t believe.
奇迹乐队解散了
The Wonders are dispersed.
他们付钱给我在广播上放这些
They’re gonna pay me to broadcast this stuff on the radio.
我找到了个工作 在西海岸
I got a job here-here on the coast.
所以 你要常住西海岸了
Here. So you’ll be like a permanent west coaster?
好像是的
Yeah, looks that way.
你有什么打算
So, what are you gonna do?
嗯 我要回伊利
Hmm… I’m gonna go back to Erie.
就知道你要这么说
Figured that’s what you’d say.

Guy…
问你个问题
can I ask you a question?
说吧
Shoot.
你在伊利恋爱了吗
Were you in love in Erie?
知道吗 我以为是
You know, I thought so.
跟那个叫媞娜的
With that Tina woman?
她不适合你
She wasn’t right for you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!