-宝贝 -你累了吗 亲爱的
-Hiya. -Are you tired, bubby?
但是除此之外 其他意想不到的事情发生了
But then some other remarkable things happened.
在仅仅戒糖两个月之后
After just two months of cutting out sugar…
我满血复活啦 我的皮肤变得有光泽了
my vitality had returned, my skin was brighter
与此同时 感谢上帝啊 我的情绪平稳了
and, thankfully, my moods had evened out.
我知道有数以百计的人
I’ve had hundreds and hundreds of people
决定戒糖 为了能够使他们的头脑时刻保持清醒
go off sugar just for the reason of clearing up their mind,
而最终的结果通常都是 哇哦
and typically, the result I get is, “Wow!
我从没有如此清醒过
“I had no idea!”
至于减重
In terms of my weight,
我所做的就是回归了我实验前的食谱
all I did is return to my pre-experiment diet.
我把谷物早餐和低脂酸奶
I swapped cereal and low-fat yoghurt
换成了培根 煎蛋 牛油果 不加吐司
for bacon, eggs and avocado without toast.
零食方面 我把坚果棒换成了新鲜的坚果和奶酪
I snacked on nuts and cheese instead of muesli bars,
也吃留着脂肪的鱼类和肉类
and ate fish or meat with the fat left on
晚餐的时候吃大量的绿色蔬菜
and lots of green vegetables for dinners.
在没怎么运动的情况下 我就瘦了六千克
I lost 6kg with minimal exercise.
一旦你将果糖从你的食谱中剔除出去
Once you remove that hormone disrupter, fructose,
也就是那些激素破坏者
from your diet,
你的食欲控制又会开始起作用 你的体重也会恢复正常
your appetite control works again and your weight drops.
因为我用健康的脂肪代替了糖分
Because I replaced sugar with healthy fats,
我不用吃很多 就会有饱腹感
I felt full again and didn’t have to eat as much.
因此 我在超♥市♥采购的花销 和我实验过程中
Consequently, I spent the same amount on shopping
在超♥市♥的花销基本相差无几
as I had during the experiment.
无论什么时候你逛超♥市♥
Whenever you walk into a supermarket,
一进去就左转或者右转
make an immediate right turn or left turn
去逛新鲜农产品区 别去中间那块区域
for the produce aisle and avoid everything in the middle.
中间货架上的产品全部都含有大量的卡路里
Everything in the middle is a huge amount of calories
却几乎没什么营养
with very little nutrients.
而我们所需要的 是恰好与之相反的产品
And what we wanna do is reverse that.
但是最大的惊喜是 我的所有血液检测的结果
But the biggest surprise was that all of my blood tests had
都逐渐趋于正常水平了
returned to normal,
所以 不用再担心心脏疾病 也不用担心脂肪肝了
so no more heart disease risks and no more fatty liver.
我觉得这个实验传递了一个非常重要的信息就是
I think the most important message is that
并不是说你得了脂肪肝了以后 肝脏就没救了
this is not you get a fatty liver and that’s it,
它就永远会是脂肪肝
it will stay fatty,
而实际上 只要你控制你饮食中的糖分摄取
it actually can be reversed very easily
很容易就可以使你的肝脏恢复到健康的状态
by taking away the fructose from your diet,
不要再喝那些乱七八糟的饮料了
taking away all those drinks.
水才是最佳的饮品
I mean, water is a good drink.
耶
Yeah.
事实上 让我的味蕾重新适应我夫人烹调的
In truth, it did take a while for my palate
向来缺乏甜味的餐食着实花费了一些时间
to readjust to my lady’s unsweetened cooking.
刚开始的几周 什么尝起来都寡淡无味
Things tasted bland for the first few weeks,
但是最后我还是重新寻回了新鲜食物的完美口感
but then I rediscovered the full flavours of fresh produce.
嗯
Mmm.
仅仅五天 我想请你们用五天时间
For just five days, I want you to discontinue,
暂时停止食用下面我将要展示的这些食物
or take out of your diet, for five days, these foods that I’m gonna show you,
之后 我会保证你们一定会感觉比以前棒极了
and I promise you that you will feel 100% better.
你们愿意为了我尝试一下吗 就当作一个小实验
Will you please try this for me, just as an experiment?
因为我仅仅想让 你们帮你们自己一把
‘Cause I’m here trying to help you help yourself a little bit.
在美国
In the USA,
最近开始 建议一个成年男性
it was recently recommended for men to have
一天最好不要食用超过九茶匙的糖
no more than nine teaspoons of sugar a day
对女性来说 不超过六茶匙
and women no more than six.
而澳大利亚目前还没有类似的建议出♥台♥
Australia currently doesn’t have an equivalent recommendation.
我爱巧克力
I love chocolate.
我习惯每天都吃一小块巧克力
I eat a little piece of chocolate every day.
但我也很清楚如果过度食用 会给我带来什么负面影响
But I’m careful and I understand the adverse effects
所以我在这件事上尽量保持谨慎
if I have too much of it.
但是对我来说 戒除所有甜品对我来说 还算简单
But for me it’s simpler to cut out sugar altogether.
当然也包含所有人造甜味剂在内
And that means avoiding artificial sweeteners, too,
它们只会让对糖的渴望不息
that keep the cravings alive.
如果你始终坚持认为
If you continue to reinforce
为了使食物尝起来味美 甜味是必不可少的
it has to be sweet in order for it to be good,
那么就说明你从来都不懂的
then you’re never really learning
如何处理食材 好的食材
how to do food… good food.
我希望我的女儿能健康快乐地成长
I want my daughter to grow up healthy and happy…
而不必整日在计算卡路里方面 或者为超重而担忧
and not waste any of her precious time counting calories
浪费时间和精力
or obsessing over weight.
通过教育我们的下一代
By educating our children,
或许能够避免他们
perhaps they can avoid the mistakes
重蹈我们的覆辙
that our generation has made.
无论如何都要尽量让水果和蔬菜
Do whatever you can to turn fruit and vegetable
成为你日常饮食的主力军
into the highlight of your meal.
并且让你们的孩子们培养这样的饮食习惯
Train your kids to love them.
这才是每个家长的当务之急
That’s what every parent’s got to figure out.
怎样才能摄取到各种各样的营养
How do you get in all those great nutrients?
怎样将那些超级食品烹调出诱人的味道
How do you get those superfoods into your child
同时也能让孩子们吸收其中丰富的营养
and make it taste good at the same time
而且还不影响孩子们的血糖
without spiking their blood sugar
这样 他们才能静下来 安心学习
so that they can sit down and study and learn
并容许创造天赋的产生
and allow for the creation of genius.
这才是我们做这个实验的目的
That’s why we’re having the sugar experiment.
我们必须知道 现在我们所走的路并不是正确的
We had to learn that this is not the right way to go
它并不能帮助激励我们走向更健康的道路
in order to help inspire us to get to the next level.
我相当肯定 糖类并不是我们目前
I certainly don’t think that sugar is solely to blame
所有健康问题的唯一元凶
for all own current health problems,
但是鉴于它过于泛滥
but given its prevalence in our food supply,
减少对糖类的需求不失为一个好的开始
lowering our consumption is a great place to start.
糖并不邪恶 但是如果你摆脱了它
Sugar’s not evil, but life is so much better…
生活将会变得更美好
when you get rid of it.
这个实验向我们证明了 精制糖
This experiment has proven to me that refined sugar
以及过量的果糖 会对数亿百万人们的幸福健康
and excess fructose are causing serious damage to the health
造成非常严重的损伤
and wellbeing of millions of people.
另外 随着争论激烈化
And as the debate heats up
食品产业使劲浑身解数
and the food industry fight tooth and nail
也想封♥锁♥消♥息♥
to shut the message down,
我们会被营养建议的各种矛盾说法所炮轰
we’ll be bombarded with conflicting nutritional advice.
但是对我来说 事情再简单不过 空谈不如实践
But for me, quite simply, the proof is in the pudding.
也就十汤匙那么多吧
About 10 teaspoons of it.
嘿 大家好
Hey, everybody
让我隆重介绍我自己
Let me introduce myself
我对你们的爱遍布超♥市♥货架的每个角落
I spread my love on every item on your supermarket shelf
我尝起来无比美味 那种感觉让你欲死欲仙
I taste so good, make you feel so high
而且我会源源不断给你更多
That I bring you back for more
我把我的宝物就放在你们孩子的面前
Plus I place my goodies at your kiddies’ eye level
当你刚好准备结账的时候
When you’re just about to walk out the store
如今人们会告诫你我腐蚀你的牙齿
Now, people will tell you that I rot your teeth
还会使你发胖 虐待你的肉体
And make you fat and give your body abuse
但是 让我们抛开这些不愉快 褪去衣服
But forget about that, just take off your clothes
赶紧做个巧克力慕斯水疗吧
And have a spa made of chocolate mousse
跟我唱 女士们
Sing it, ladies
哦 糖糖先生 如此性感迷人
Oh, Mr Sugar, so sexy alright
我们的每口食物之中 都有你的福音
We can taste you in our food in nearly every bite
那种感觉超棒 可否再来一点
It feels so good Can we have a little more?
当然可以 我为你奉上白糖 红糖还有粗糖
Of course you can, ladies I got white, brown, raw sugar
糖糖
Sugar
糖糖
Sugar
我不是你朋友 我来自口香糖
I’m not your friend I come in gum
废话不要多说 赶紧把我吃掉
Just eat me when you’re on the run
糖糖 糖糖
Sugar Sugar
糖糖
Sugar
吃乃待人之道 何况我如此美妙
Treat to eat I taste so sweet
自你断奶之时 就落入我的魔爪
I get you when you leave the teat
每天早晨你醒来 感觉有点饿
And when you wake up in the morning And you’re feeling kind of peckish
这个时候 你就会遇上我
This often where you find me the most
因为我藏在你的麦片之中
‘Cause I’m lurking in your cereal
还藏在你的酸奶中
I’m lurking in your yoghurt
甚至你的吐司 也是我的群臣
And sometimes I’m even found in your toast