而我个人最喜欢的是“雅皮士恶魔”
and my personal favorite “yuppie ephistopheles.”
哇 听起来真像篇均衡的文章
Wow, that sounds like a balanced article.
我还该跟谁谈
Who else should I talk to?
首先是5千5百万美国烟民
55 million American smokers, for starters
或者是美国烟草农夫
or perhaps the American tobacco farmer
他们不断被当做毒品走私犯对待
who is constantly being treated like a drug smuggler.
我确实计划好对一个烟草农夫谈话的
I actually do plan on speaking to a tobacco farmer.

Good.
他们是好人 泥土中的盐
They’re fine people, salt of the earth.
尼克 你为什么干这行
Nick, why do you do this?
是什么激发着你
What motivates you?
你真的想知道
You really want to know?

Mm-hmm.
真的
Really?

Mm-hmm.
人口控制
Population control.
你真坏
You’re bad.
每个人都有债要还
Everyone’s got a mortgage to pay.
为服从命令而违反道义的人的辩护
雅皮士的纽伦堡辩护
The yuppie Nuremberg defense.
那么 还债就是生活主要目的了
So is a mortgage that much of a life goal?
恩 世界上99%完成的事情 好的或坏的
Well, 99% of everything done in the world, good or bad,
都是因为还债而去做的 因此 如果大家都去租的话
is done to pay a mortgage, so perhaps the world
这世界或许会更好
would be a better place if everyone rented.
那么 为什么你不租呢
Then why don’t you rent?
恩 我也租的
Mm. Well, I rent as well.
真的 -是啊
Really? -Yeah.
我儿子和他妈妈 还有她的男朋友
My son and his mother and her boyfriend
住在我的房♥子里
live in my house.
我住在我的公♥寓♥里
I live in my apartment.
那么 尼克·内勒的公♥寓♥是什么样子的呢
What does Nick Naylor’s apartment look like?
我不知道 没什么特别的
I don’t know. It’s nothing impressive.
上不了报纸的房♥地♥产♥版块
It wouldn’t make the real estate section.
我能看看吗
Can I see it?
你想看看我的公♥寓♥
You want to see my apartment?
我很想看看 恶魔睡的地方
I’d like to see where the devil sleeps.
我知道你大概在想什么
I know what you’re probably thinking.
是个坏主意 对吗
This is a bad idea, right?
我意思是 得了吧
I mean, come on.
还不是那么坏的主意
It’s not that bad of an idea.
妈妈 为什么我不能去
Mom, why can’t I go
加洲
to California?
因为加洲不是个 安全的地方
Because California’s just not a… safe place.
而且 我不确定
And besides, I’m not sure it’s appropriate
你♥爸♥爸带你去出差适不适合
for your father to bring you on a business trip.
对谁适不适合
Appropriate for who?
什么
What?
妈妈 是不是你把失败婚姻的挫折
Mom, is it possible that you’re taking the frustration
发泄到了我身上
of your failed marriage out on me?
你说什么
Excuse me?
这次加洲旅行看起来是个极好的学习机会
This California trip seems like a great learning opportunity
也是个了解我爸爸的机会
and a chance for me to get to know my father.
但 如果你觉得把我当成
But if you think it’s more important
来开导对你不再爱的男人
to use me to channel your frustration
的挫折感更重要的话
against the man you no longer love,
我能理解
I’ll understand.
你如何说服她的
How’d you convince her?
是场辩论 不是谈判
It was an argument, not a negotiation.
这才是我的孩子
That’s my boy.
出♥售♥剧本
全球娱乐事务所
尼克
Nick?
尼克 杰克 杰夫的助手 你好
Nick, Jack, Jeff’s assistant. Hey.
你们飞机旅程如何 有没有产生时差反应
How was your flight? Are you jet-lagged at all?
现在特区好像是2点
It’s, like, 2:00 in D.C. Right now.
你知道吗 吃些维生素B
You know what? Take some vitamin B.
杰夫信赖那东西 事实上
Jeff swears by it-in fact,
我准备给你来一针
I’m gonna hook you up with an injection.
跟你一起的是谁啊 你好吗 小子 好不好
Who’s this with you? How are you, dude? What’s going on?
你们以前来过洛杉矶吗
You guys ever been to L.A. Before?
你想到里面去杰夫的办公室吗
You want to head back toJeff’s office?
事实上 我们的确应该这样 他是个守时的人
In fact, we probably should-He’s a punctual being.
实际上 起先 我们的外部镜面窗玻璃有些问题
We actually had some problems at first with the exterior mirrored glass.
反射的太阳光造成了在威尔士街的一些汽车正面碰撞
The reflection of the sun was causing head-on collisions on Wilshire.
噢 那大家都没事吧
Oh, is everybody all right?
电影制片公♥司♥
是的 他们从派拉蒙得到了三份片约 我肯定他们会活着的
Yeah, they got three-picture deals at Paramount-I’m sure they’ll live.
真漂亮的大楼 -是吗
It’s a nice building. -Yeah?
告诉杰夫这点 好吗
Hey, tellJeff you think so, okay?
因为他对这大楼花了很多很多精力
‘Cause he just put a lot of himself into this building.
你知道么 确实看得出来
And you know something? It really shows.
你好吗 木宏
What’s up, Hiroshi?
继续做 那沙地不会自个儿耙的
Keep going-that sand’s not gonna rake itself.
好的 过来吧 这是我最喜欢的部分
All right, come here, this is my favorite part.
那里的那只值7000美元
That one right there? It’s $7,000.
7000美元一条鱼 -是啊
$7,000 for a fish? -Yep.
有点会让你不想再吃寿司
Kind of makes you want to stop eating sushi,
但我猜你又还是得吃
but I guess you kind of have to.
你看到那里的那只白色大鱼了吗
Hey, you see that big white one right there?
美国著名脱口秀主持人
向你发誓 1万2 奥普拉送来礼物
Swear to you-$12,000, gift from Oprah.
马修·麦康纳–当红美国电影明星
这是个贵族礼物 自马修·麦康纳送来的 暖办公室用的
It’s a Chamberlain-office-warming gift from Matthew McConaughey.
慷慨的礼物
Generous gift.
是啊 对了
Yeah. Right!
别理解歪了 马修是个非常有才能的个体
Don’t get me wrong, Matthew is a tremendously talented individual
也是个极度正派的人类
and an extremely decent human being,
但 在杰夫带他之前 他不过就是张脸
however, beforeJeff took him on, he was a face.
指他变得有名了
现在他是个名字
Now he’s a name.
你听到了吗
Do you hear that?
没有
No.
对了
Exactly.
嗨 尼耳
Hey, Neal.
尼耳 我准备用根尖锥把你妈妈钉穿
Neal, I’m gonna impale your mom on a spike,
然后把她尸体喂给我患梅毒的狗
and I’m gonna feed her dead body to my dog with syphilis.
哇 杰克 你耍到我了
Aw, Jack, you got me!
那家伙
That guy!
是个内部笑话
It’s an inside joke.
正如你看到的
So, as you can see,
杰夫真的很爱亚洲的玩意
Jeff just really loves Asian shit.
坎迪丝 他准备好了吗
Uh, Candace, is he ready?
恩 -太好了
Mm-hmm. -Fantastic.
好的 乔伊 现在我准备带你♥爸♥爸进去
Okay, Joey, I’m gonna bring your dad in now.
你等待的时候 有没有什么我可以提供的东西让你消遣
Is there anything I can get you while you’re waiting,
比如橘子汁或咖啡还是红牛
like an orange juice or a coffee or a Red Bull?
不用了 谢谢 -好的
No, thanks. -Okay.
哇 真是漂亮的办公室
Wow, it’s a great office.
是啊 杰夫基本上设计了所有的一切
Yeah. Jeff basically designed the whole thing.
建筑师只是画了设计图
The architect just made the drawings.
杰克 够了
Jack, stop it.
下面你就会告诉他
Next you’re gonna be telling him
我在棕熊队打什么位置
what position I played for the Bruins.
四分卫
Quarterback.
杰夫·麦格
Jeff Megall.
尼克·内勒
Nick Naylor.
内勒先生在这里想看看我们能否把香烟
Mr. Naylor’s here to see if we can’t get cigarettes
塞到其他人的手里 而不只是普通的俄阿坏 -当然
into the hands of somebody other than the usual RAVs. -Sure.
俄阿坏 -俄♥罗♥斯♥人 阿♥拉♥伯人和坏人
RAVs? -Russians, Arabs and Villains.
哦 恩 对 我想这就是我在这里的原因
Oh, well, then yes, I guess that is why I’m here.
好的 我想我们能帮助你
Good. I think we can help.
公♥司♥向电影电视出资而放产品在其中
杰夫创造了产品置入
Jeff invented product placement.
我想我得问问 恩
I feel I have to ask, uh…