你是为一个牛逼的参议员工作的
You work for a fucking senator.
一位应该在烟草上强硬的参议员
A senator who is supposed to be tough on tobacco.
有点 自尊 看在上帝的份上
Have a little… pride, for God’s sake.
这不会再发生了 先生 我保证
It won’t happen again, sir, I promise.
好把 你可以回去了
All right, you’re excused.
有时候 我觉得自己像个
Sometimes I feel like
哥伦比亚大毒枭
a Colombian drug dealer.
有天 我自己的外孙女 我的亲身骨肉
The other day, my own granddaughter, flesh of flesh of my own loins,
问我 “外祖父 香烟对人不好
asked me, ” Granddaddy, is it true
是真的吗”
cigarettes are bad for you?”
我们得做些事情 尼克
We got to do something, Nick.
我想你是我们的人
I think you’re our man.
谢谢 先生
Thank you, sir.
我想你负责这个好莱坞项目
I want you to work on this Hollywood project.
接下来几星期就去那边 把事情炒起来
Get out there the next few weeks, stir things up
然后直接向我汇报
and report directly to me.
先生 关于
Sir, about the,
那5千万美元
the $50 million.
反青少年抽烟的广♥告♥
Anti teen-smoking advertising.
哦 妈的 我真希望不要太有说服力了
Well, shit, I sure hope it’s not too persuasive.
我希望
I hope.
尼克
Nick,
你现在是自己人了
you’re family now.
烟草可以自己照顾自己 对吗
Tobacco takes care of its own, eh?
谢谢 先生
Thank you, sir.
内勒先生
Mr. Naylor?

Hi.
嗨 欢迎来到烟草一号♥
Hi. Welcome to Tobacco One.
谢谢
Thank you.
头告诉我 今天给你点额外照顾
The captain told me to take extra special care of you today.
因此 如果我能做任何
So if there is anything at all I can do
让你的飞行航程更舒服的事情
to make your flight more pleasant,
请现在一定告诉我
you be sure and let me know now.
BR
BR.
旅途愉快吗
Pleasant flight?
哦 你可以这么说
Oh! You could say that.
乘坐总帅的飞机来的
Came up on the Captain’s plane.
哦 真是趟舒服的旅程
Oh, it’s quite the way to travel.
我不知道
I wouldn’t know.
不知道 你从没坐过烟草一号♥吗
No? You never been on Tobacco One
那些座位 还有厨房♥
with those seats, that kitchen,
还有空姐 帝凡妮
that stewardess, Tiffany?
还没机会呢
Haven’t had the chance yet.
哦 是么 那真得试试看
Oh, well, you really must try it.
这是旅行的唯一的方式
It’s the only way to travel.
他认为你的五千万反吸烟活动如何
What’d he think of your $50 million anti-smoking campaign?
哦 那个五千万的反对青少年抽烟活动
Oh, the $50 million anti teen-smoking campaign?
是啊
Yeah.
恩 他叫我继续干下去
Yeah, he gave that the go-ahead.
哦 看来他喜欢你的主意
Oh, and he loved your idea
把香烟放回电影里
to put cigarettes back into movies.
那是你的主意 -哦 是吗
That was your idea. -Oh, yeah?
他肯定弄错了 -恩
He must have gotten confused. -Hmm.
是啊 不管怎样 他很欣赏那个主意
Yeah. Well, either way, he was pretty blown away.
好的 飞到洛杉矶
Right. Well, get a flight to L.A.
我会让你跟杰夫·麦格会面一下
I’ll get you a meeting with Jeff Megall.

Who?
好莱坞超级中介
Hollywood super agent.
开了EGO中介公♥司♥ 全球娱乐事务所
Runs the agency EGO: Entertainment Global Offices.
这家伙确实是娱乐圈的
This guy is the entertainment business.
而你确实是香烟 BR
And you are cigarettes, BR.
随便了
Whatever.
是啊 但这不是假期 这是学习经历
Yeah, but it’s not a vacation, it’s a learning experience.
而加洲是发展最快的洲之一
And California is one of the fastest-growing states,
它有整个国家最多的选民
it’s got the largest number of electoral votes in the country.
我意思是 这对乔伊可能是次很好的旅行
I mean, this could be a very good trip forJoey.
你知道吗 别耍嘴皮
You know what? Don’t smooth-talk me.
你不会带他去观光的
You’re not going to take him sightseeing.
你大概会
You’re probably going
带他去某些肺癌研讨会
to take him to some lung cancer symposium
那里有个带着个电子声喉家伙告诉他
where a guy with an electronic voice box will tell him
他的爸爸是个恶魔
that his father is the devil.
这不公平
That’s unfair.
不公平 佛吉尼亚如何
Unfair? What about Virginia?
佛吉尼亚如何
And what about Virginia?
你带他去了家香烟工厂
You took him to a cigarette factory.
不对 我带他去的是烟草农场
No, I took him to a tobacco farm.
这不是一样的东西
That’s hardly the same thing.
本谈话结束
This conversation’s over.
哦 妈的
Oh, fuck.
上周 我们有个不满的邮差
Last week we had another disgruntled postman.
当然
Of course,
美国发行的主要日报
一小时后 华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥
an hour later the Washington Post
给我打了通电♥话♥–无神论的猪
is calling me on the phone-godless swine.
我对他说 恩 我说
I said to ’em, I says,
“好了 如果一架飞机因为飞行员错误失事了
“Now if a plane crashes on account of pilot error,
你会责怪波音公♥司♥吗”
do you blame the Boeing Corporation?”
漂亮
Nice.
说得好 -谢谢
That’s a good one. -Thank you.
如果一个烂醉如泥的醉鬼开车把一个人撞了
If some booze-besotten drunk runs someone down,
你会去敲通用汽车公♥司♥的门吗
do you go banging on the doors at General Motors?
告诉我你没这么说过
Tell me you didn’t say that.
你们有没有人听说过一个叫希瑟·荷罗威的记者
Have either of you heard of a reporter named Heather Holloway?
喔 是的 是的 爱尔兰人类型
Oh, yeah. Yeah. Irish type.
褐色头发 大大的蓝眼睛
Brown hair, big blue eyes.
好看的皮肤
Nice skin.
令人惊异的奶♥子♥
Amazing tits.
奶♥子♥ 为什么奶♥子♥这么重要
Tits? Why are tits relevant?
恩 让我们看看
Hmm, let’s see.
拥有世界一流奶♥子♥的记者
World-class tits on a reporter interviewing a man
采访一个知道内部信息的男人 这是很重要的
with privileged information are relevant.
如何 尼克 你是个奶♥子♥男人吗
How about it, Nick? Are you a tit man?
别回答 是个陷阱
Don’t answer that. That’s a trap.
那得看是谁的奶♥子♥了
Depends whose tits.
看 别搞砸了啊 好吗
Look, just don’t get screwed, all right?
鲍比 我想我能应付得了一个好看的女记者
Bobby, I think I can handle a good-looking girl reporter.
谢谢
Thank you.
希瑟·荷罗威
Heather Holloway.
尼克·内勒 “大烟草公♥司♥”
Nick Naylor, big tobacco.
这合适吗
Is this kosher?
只要我能叫你希瑟
Only if I can call you “Heather.”
尽一切手段
By all means.
那么 内勒先生
So, Mr. Naylor…
尼克 -尼克
Nick. -Nick.
让我们开始于
Let’s start with…
一瓶82年的玛尔戈红酒
An ’82 Margaux.
好的 好喝吗
Okay. Is it good?
好喝吗 这会让你相信上帝的
Good? It’ll make you believe in God.
那么 你文章关注的焦点是什么
So what is the focus of your piece?
你 -真的
You. -Really?
你想知道我是如何一个人生活的
You want to know how I live with myself.
不 我不认为那会是个问题
No. I don’t imagine that’s much of a problem.
我想知道的是 你如何看待自己
I want to know how you see yourself.
我是
I’m…
社会俩派之间的调停者
a mediator between two sects of society
把俩派尽量协调融合
that are trying to reach an accommodation.
很有趣
Interesting.
我另篇报道 认为你是个大众谋杀犯
My other interviews have pinned you as a mass murderer,
水蛭 皮条客 奸商 孩子杀手
bloodsucker, pimp, profiteer, child killer,
雅皮士为年轻城市专业人员