贴在所有的波音飞机上呢
on all Boeing airplanes,
罗斯维治先生 华盛顿州 波音公♥司♥的成立地
罗议员
Senator Lothridge?
杜皮先生 密歇根州 福特汽车公♥司♥总部在地
和所有的福特车上呢 杜议员
And all Fords, Senator Dupree?
因为这很荒谬
That is ridiculous.
飞机失事跟汽车意外的死亡数字
The death toll from airline and automobile accidents
连香烟的冰山一角够不上
doesn’t even skim the surface of cigarettes.
它们甚至都不配去被比较
They don’t even compare.
噢 这是来称佛蒙特州为家的议员
Oh, this from a senator who calls Vermont home.
我不明白 内勒先生
I don’t follow you, Mr. Naylor.
好 真正
Well, the real
胆固醇过量会造成动脉硬化及心脏病
权威的数据表明 美国的头号♥杀手是胆固醇
demonstrated number one killer in America is cholesterol,
这就来了菲利斯蒂尔参议员
and here comes Senator Finistirre,
他的好州 我很遗憾地说
whose fine state is, I regret to say,
用它的佛蒙特切达干酪阻塞着整个国家民族的动脉
clogging the nation’s arteries with Vermont cheddar cheese.
如果我们想谈论数字 那来谈谈数百万
If we want to talk numbers, how about the millions of people
死于心脏病的人
dying of heart attacks.
或者佛蒙特切达干酪
Perhaps Vermont cheddar
应该贴上骷髅标志
should come with a skull and crossbones.
这根本就是无
That is lud…
伟大的佛蒙特州
The great state of Vermont
不会为它的干酪道歉
will not apologize for its cheese.
内勒先生
Mr. Naylor,
我们这里是讨论香烟
we are here to discuss cigarettes.
不是飞机 不是车 香烟
Not planes, not cars-cigarettes.
现在 就我们之前讨论过的 这些警告标签
Now, as we discussed earlier, these warning labels
不是为已经知道的人而设 而是为不知道的人而设的
are not for those who know, but rather for those who don’t know.
那孩子们呢
What about the children?
先生们
Gentlemen…
这叫做教育
it’s called education.
这不是来自一个香烟盒
It doesn’t come off the side of a cigarette carton.
是来自于我们的老师
It comes from our teachers,
更重要的是我们的父母
and more importantly, our parents.
这是每位父母的工作
It is the job of every parent
去警告孩子们世界上所有有危害的东西
to warn their children of all the dangers of the world,
包括香烟 因此当有一天他们长大的时候
including cigarettes, so that one day, when they get older,
他们自己会懂得去选择
they can choose for themselves.
我看着我的 儿子
I look at my… son
他
who…
他今天能体贴地跟我一起来
was kind enough to come with me today,
我忍♥不住去想
and I can’t help but think
我要为他的成长和
that I am responsible for his growth
今后的发展负责
and his development.
我对此感到很自豪
And I’m proud of that.
好 你这样说
Well, having said that,
你会原谅他吸烟吗
would you condone him smoking?
当然不 他还没满18岁
Well, of course not. He’s not 18.
这是不合法的
That would be illegal.
美国电视新闻节目
是的 我听你上“20/20”时上这么说过的
Yes, l-I heard you deliver that line on 20-20,
但是请别拐弯抹角了
but enough dancing.
那当他满18岁时你会怎么做呢
What are you going to do when he turns 18?
说吧 内勒先生
Come on, Mr. Naylor.
在他18岁生日上你会跟他分享香烟吗
On his 18th birthday, will you share a cigarette with him?
你们会有一个美好的下午
Will you spend a lovely afternoon,
就像你们那些荒谬的香烟广♥告♥一样吗
like one of your ludicrous cigarette advertisements?
你看来有很多话要说
You seem to have a lot to say
关于应该怎样抚养我们的孩子
about how we should raise our children.
那你自己的呢
What of your own?
你会怎样做
What are you going to do
当他满18岁时
when he turns 18?
如果他真的想要一根烟 我会买♥♥给他第一包的
If he really wants a cigarette, I’ll buy him his first pack.
谢谢你说的证词 内勒先生 你可以回去了
Thank you for your testimony, Mr. Naylor. You’re excused.
我在外面等你 好吗
I’ll meet you outside, okay?
棒极了
Great.
做得好 孩子
Well done, my boy.
你刚才跟我在同一个房♥间里吗
Were you in the same room as me?
关键是个人选择的问题
The whole personal choice thing?
他们可是输得狗吃屎啊
They ate that shit up.
看看他们被抽了多少次
Just checked the whip count.
就知道这法案肯定没戏了
That bill is going down in flames.
你的演讲非正统 但你成功了 孩子
Your speech was unorthodox, but you did it, boy.
你击败了那混♥蛋♥
You crushed the fucker.
那对你们是一个好消息
That’s good news for you guys.
哦 哇 哇
Oh. Whoa, whoa.
我们还是在一条船上 对吗
We’re still a team, right?
那风险控制怎么办
What about damage control?
瞧 尼克
Look, Nick.
温斯顿-赛伦愿意付出一切
Winston-Salem is ready to do whatever it takes
来让你留在船上
to keep you onboard.
尼克 你会继续为香烟斗争吗
Nick, will you continue fighting for cigarettes?
他当然会
Of course he will.
这人可是我们的将军
This man here is our general.
我们不会让他退休的
We’re not just gonna let him retire.
真的吗 尼克
Is that correct, Nick?
你会忠于烟草行业
You’re sticking with tobacco?
现在 我知道你大概在想什么
Now, I know what you’re probably thinking.
这对我来说是个多么好的机会
What a great opportunity for me
去教乔伊怎样利用水涨船高原理对付
to teach Joey how to use leverage against
一个很会害人的老板
a backstabbing boss.
但我说到责任时是认真的
But I actually meant what I said about responsibility.
有些事情就是比
Some things arejust more important
还债更重要
than paying a mortgage.
所以我做了一件力所能及的 唯一负责任的事
So I did the only responsible thing I could.
我拒绝了那份工作
I turned down thejob.
而这的时机再好不过了
And my timing couldn’t have been better.
几个月之内香烟公♥司♥
Within a few months, the cigarette companies
以2460亿美元平息了
settled with the American smoker
美国烟民
to the tune of $246 billion.
而烟草研究学会
And the Academy of Tobacco Studies
被永久拆除了
was permanently dismantled.
这几十年来
For the first time in decades,
BR第一次发现他失业了
BRfound himself out of work.
除此之外 没有什么大变化
Otherwise, not much has changed.
MOD小组依然每个星期都聚会
The MOD squad still meets every week.
很好
Nice.
我们甚至还增加了些新成员
We even added a few new members.
我可以向你学习 鲍比
The things I could learn from you, BobbyJay.
对
Right.
留下来 留下来
Stick around. Stick around.
好莱坞的疑惑
菲议员还为他的事业奋斗
Senator Finistirre is still fighting for his causes.
你怎么看人们声称
What do you say to the people who claim
你在破坏经典电影
you are destroying cinema classics?
不 我们做的
Mmm, no. All we’re doing
只是用数码科技
is using digital technology
来去掉香烟
to tastefully update movies of the past…
高雅地更新老电影
by removing cigarettes.
我相信如果这些明星现在还在世的话
I believe that if these stars were alive today,
他们也会赞成我们所做的是正确的
they would agree that we’re doing the right thing.
但 实质上 你不是在改变历史吗
But, in essence, aren’t you changing history?
不 我想我们是在改进历史
No, I think we’re improving history.
风暴警戒 南佛罗里达州 现场直播
甚至希瑟也还在做记者
Even Heather is still reporting.
整个城镇居民已被疏散
The whole town has been evacuated.
他们称之为世纪风暴
They’re calling this the storm of the century.
没有什么大变化
Not much changes at all.
雾谷 华盛顿的一个区
今年度雾谷区辩论会冠军是
And this year’s Foggy Bottom Debating Society Champion is…
乔伊·内勒
Joey Naylor.
耶 -耶
Yay! -Yay!
乔伊