你说什么
Pardon me?
我的意思是
Look, I mean,
跟个人无关 但烟草行业稍微比
nothing personal, but tobacco generates
酒精业更受关注
a little more heat than alcohol.
噢 这真新鲜
Oh, this is news.
我的产品一年导致47万5千人死亡
My product puts away 475,000 a year.
噢 好吧 47万5是一个正当的数字
Oh, okay, now 475 is a legit number.
好 43万5千
Okay, 435,000.
每天就有1200人
That’s 1,200 a day.
那一年有多少有关酒精的死亡
How many alcohol-related deaths a year?
好 那很 -10万 最多
Well, does that… -100,000 tops?
那就是 每天270人
That’s, what, 270 a day?
270 人 真悲惨
270 people, a tragedy.
原谅我认为恐♥怖♥份♥子♥不太会有兴趣
Excuse me if I don’t exactly see terrorists getting excited
去绑♥架♥酒精业的任何人
about kidnapping anyone from the alcohol industry.
你根本没有考虑到 -好了
Well, you haven’t even -Okay,
其他方面死亡数目跟 -做个
taken into account the number of deaths -let’s just
深呼吸把 -美国一年有多少人死于枪下
breathe. -How many gun deaths a year in the U. S?
1万1千
11,000.
1万1千 你开玩笑吗
11,000, are you kidding me?
一天30人
30 a day.
比客车的死亡率还要低
That’s less than passenger car mortalities.
没有恐♥怖♥份♥子♥会骚扰你们两个的
No terrorist would bother with either of you.
好了 瞧 愚蠢的辩论
Okay, look… stupid argument.
没错
I’ll say.
我相信你们两个都受准有自己所持的正义的
I’m sure both of you warrant vigilante justice.
谢谢
Thank you.
嘿 求求你 住手 嘿
Hey… please. Stop… hey.
你们是谁
Who are you guys?
自♥由♥意味着我们可以做我们想做的
And freedom means that we can do what we want.
这是非常重要的
And that’s really important.
因为否则的话 我们不可能自♥由♥
Because otherwise, we couldn’t be free.
这就是美国为什么是世界上最好的政♥府♥的原因
And that’s why America is the best government in the world.
哇 嘿 嘿 嘿
Whoa, hey, hey, hey.
没有必要这样做 没有必要这样做
Hey, no need for that, no need for that.
哇 哇 嘿
Whoa, whoa, hey.
等一下
Hey, wait.
我们能谈一下吗
Can we get a dialogue going here?
尼克 我们要你停止杀戮人们
Nick, we want you to stop killing people.
那么多的人
So many people.
在美国每年将近有50万人死掉
Half a million people a year in the U.S.
没有数据支持这个
That, there’s no data to support that.
尼克 你现在不是在电视上
Nick… you’re not on TV anymore.
好 乔伊 到你了
Okay, Joey, it’s your turn.
嘿
Hey!
尼克 你一天抽多少烟
Nick, how much do you smoke a day?
喂 你在干什么
Hey, what are you doing?
根据盒子上的说明 每一贴
According to the box, each one of those patches
都含有21毫克的尼古丁
contains 21 milligrams of nicotine.
那就是有 多少
That’s, like, what?
一包烟
One pack?
我们行业正在跟携手合作
Our industry has been working hand in hand with…
尼克 听着 好吗
Nick! Just listen, all right?
什么让美国成为最好的政♥府♥
What makes America the best government?
是世界上其他地方没有的热情
The passion that doesn’t exist anywhere in the world.
这里说那些东西
Says here there are many adverse reactions
会产生很多有害反应
from those things.
让我看看 “心律失常
Let’s see, ” arrhythmia,
“便秘 消化不良
“constipation, dyspepsia,
“反胃 -我的行业为国家带来480个亿的税收
” nausea… -My industry does $48 billion in revenue.
咽炎 窦炎”
Pharyngitis, sinusitis…”
当然你可以称它为资本主义 自♥由♥市场
Sure you can call it capitalism, a free market,
打破关税的庆典
a celebration of tariff breakdowns…
“痛经”
“dysmenorrhea…”
我一点都不想知道那是什么意思
I don’t even want to know what that means.
嘿 瞧 你可以先开始 你知道的
Hey, look, I guess you could start by, you know,
要五百万美元来从那点开始
asking for five million, working your way up from there.
但我不想要钱 尼克
But I don’t want any money, Nick.
那你想要什么
Well, what do you want?
我是说我洗耳恭听
I mean, I’m all ears here.
我有另外一个词语表达
I have another word for it-
爱
love.
男人想要什么
What does any man want?
女人的爱
The love of a woman,
脆熏肉
crisp bacon…
超过80岁的一般寿命
an average life span over 80 years.
噢 尼克
Oh, Nick…
你看起来不太好
…you don’t look so good.
如果你闻到浓烟
If you should smell smoke,
请拨♥打♥零呼叫总机
please dial zero for the operator.
离开房♥间之前 检查门的热度
Before leaving the room, check the door for heat.
找到离你最近的紧急出口
Find your nearest emergency exit,
然后浸湿一条毛巾 捂住你口鼻处
then soak a washcloth and cover your nose and mouth.
不要拿开你的湿布
Do not remove your washcloth.
时刻尽量避免吸入浓烟
Try at all times to avoid breathing in the smoke.
如果必须的话 用手和膝盖爬行
If necessary, crawl on your hands and knees
以免吸如浓烟
to avoid the inhalation of smoke.
不要惊慌
Do not be alarmed.
现在还没有决定性的研究
There are still no conclusive studies
证明吸烟与肺气肿有关系
that link smoking to emphysema.
你“醒了”
You woke up.
也许音调变化是个坏选择
Perhaps a bad choice of inflection.
她是不是暗示着 我不应该那么容易就醒来
Is she implying that I could’vejust as easily not?
我都吓死了
I was so scared.
嘿 乔伊
Hey, Joey.
发生什么事了
What happened?
没有一个不吸烟者可以经受得住
No nonsmoker could’ve ever withstood
你当时血液里面尼古丁的含量
the amount of nicotine you had in your bloodstream.
我不想这样说 但是
Hate to say it, but…
香烟救了你的命
cigarettes saved your life.
我可以引用你那句话吗 医生
Can I quote you on that, doc?
你是个真正的斗士 孩子
You’re a real trooper, my boy.
嗨 总帅
Hey, Captain,
你在哪
where are you?
温斯顿-赛伦总医院
Winston-Salem General.
该死的心脏又衰竭了
Damn heart failing me again.
我想我们可以成为室友了
I thought we could be roommates.
尼克 在我们转换话题之前
Nick, before we get sidetracked,
还有一件事要告诉你
there is one thing.
好的 别说那些戏剧性的话 医生
All right, don’t get all dramatic on me, doc.
你不能吸烟了
You can’t smoke.
没问题
That’s no problem.
我之前就戒过
I’ve quit before.
在怀孕期间
I did during the pregnancy.
要有多久 你说
How long, you think?
我想你还不明白
I don’t think you understand.
你还能活过来是个奇迹
It’s a miracle you came out of this alive.
如果你再抽烟 哪怕是一根
Any smoking-one cigarette-
都会让你马上成瘫痪状态
could put you right back into a paralytic state.
你的身体承受不了
Your body just can’t handle it.
尼克 我不想给你任何压力
Nick, I don’t want to put any more pressure on you,
但我们有一队摄影组在外面等着
but we got a camera crew waiting out there.
如果我们要上晚间新闻的话
If we want to make the evening news…
你想让我在这等吗
You want to unhook me here?
这正好证明了我一直所说的
This just goes to prove what I’ve been saying for so long.
这些尼古丁贴绝对是致命的
These nicotine patches are just deadly.
是吸烟救了我的命
Smoking saved my life.
考虑到你现在的状况 你还能去参加
Considering your condition, will you still be able to appear
菲利斯蒂尔参议员的小组委员会举办的
before Senator Finistirre’s subcommittee hearing
关于在香烟包装上使用毒品标签的听证会上吗
on the usage of poison labels on cigarette packaging?