宽恕我吧
Have mercy.
-安琪? -宽恕我吧
-Angel? -Have mercy.
安琪 你这样笑是什么意思?
Angel, what do you mean by that laugh?
你怎么能这么跟我说话呢? 你吓着我了
How can you speak to me like this? It frightens me.
-你怎么可以这样? -你不是我爱的那个女人了
-How can you? -You are not the woman I loved.
-那我是谁呢? -徒具其表的另一个陌生女人
-Well, who am I, then? -Another woman in her shape.
他说…
He says….
他说我不再是他所爱的哪个苔丝了…
He says I’m not the woman he loved…
而只是徒具其表的另一个陌生女人
…but another woman in her shape.
安琪 安琪 求你了 我那时少不更事…
Angel! Angel, please. I was a child…
发生这事时 我根本对男人毫不了解
…a child when it happened. I knew nothing of men.
你是受害者.这我承认
You were sinned against. That I grant you.
-那你是不原谅我了 -我原谅你
-So you don’t forgive me. -I forgive you.
不过现在对你除了原谅再没别的了
But forgiveness isn’t all.
不再爱我了?
Nor love me?
我禁不住把你的不坚贞和…
I cannot help associating your lack of firmness…
你家族的败落联♥系♥起来
…with the decline of your family.
衰落的世家总是意味着缺乏毅力 和荒唐的行为
Decrepit families imply deficient willpower and decadent conduct.
我原以为你是个天真纯洁的少女
I thought you were a child of nature.
但你其实是个衰败的世家的最后一员
But you were the last in a line of degenerate aristocrats.
早餐准备好了
Breakfast is ready.
你可以现在就甩掉我
You can get rid of me.
你说什么?
What did you say?
你可以甩掉我
You can get rid of me.
跟我离婚就行了
By divorcing me.
上帝啊
Good God.
你头脑怎么这么简单啊
How can you be so simple?
你不是小孩 但作为大人又不够成熟
You’re too much of a child, too immature.
我觉得你太无知了
Too ignorant, I suppose.
放下
Leave that!
你是我的妻子 不是我的仆人
You’re my wife, not my servant.
我是你的妻子…
I’m your wife…
但你并不想和我生活在一起
…but you don’t want to live with me.
你是说你要走 是吗?
You mean to go, don’t you?
我留下来一定会鄙视自己
I couldn’t stay without despising myself.
而最糟糕的是 我也会鄙视你
And what is worse, without despising you.
那男人还活着 我们怎么能在一起生活呢?
How can we live together while that man exists?
他才是你第一个丈夫…
He is your natural husband…
我不是
…not I.
你能真诚地劝我留下吗?
Can you honestly tell me to stay?
不能
No.
但我们其中一个必须留在这里…
But it’s absolutely necessary that one of us remain here…
这样才不会引起丑闻
…to avoid a scandal.
我们必须要一起装门面
We must at least keep up appearances.
是啊 我们得一起装门面
Oh, yes, we must.
那你以后怎么办呢?
But what will you do?
-我可以回家 -你确定吗?
-I can go home. -Are you sure?
是的 如果你离开我 我就回家
Yes. If you leave me, I shall go home.
那就这样决定吧
Then so be it.
-划十字付钱 先生 -好的 我知道了
-Cross-in-Hand, sir. -Yes, I know.

Come.
让我们说清楚
Now, let’s be clear about this.
虽然发生了这些我心中不能承受的事 但我们心中
There’s no anger in our hearts, even though something happened…
对对方都没有愤怒
…between us which I cannot endure at present.
我会告诉你我的行踪 如果有一天我能接受这事…
I shall let you know where I go, and if I think I can bear it…
我有能力接受这事 我会回来找你的
…if I’m capable of it, I shall come to fetch you.
我会等你
I shall wait.
在那之前 你最好不要去找我
Until then, you’d do better not to try and join me.
在那之前 我最好不要去找你
Until then, I must not join you.
就是这样
Just so.
-我可以给你写信吗? -可以
-May I write to you? -Oh, yes.
要是你患病或需要什么 就给我写信吧
If you’re ill or in need of anything.
克莱尔先生 日安啊 我给你买♥♥了些食物
A very good day to you, Mr. Clare! I’ve brought you some groceries.
有鸡 香肠和一些熏肉
There’s a chicken, some sausages, some bacon.
-非常感谢 -我还加了黄油…
-Thank you so much. -I’ve put in some butter…
一些面粉和鸡蛋… -这太多了
-…some flour, eggs—That’s too much.
新婚夫妇总是容易饿的 先生
Newlyweds are always hungry, sir.
从今晚开始 我会亲自为你们下厨
From tonight onwards, I shall cook for you myself.
其实 有好一段时间 我都不需要这么多食物了
The truth is, you see, for some time, I shall be needing less.
因为实际上 我这一两天都会是一个人
Because, in fact, I shall be alone for a day or two.
因为我妻子不得不回娘家看望父母了
My wife has been obliged to rejoin her parents.
上帝保佑 不是她家人抱恙吧?
Mercy on us. Is there an illness in the family?
不是这样 而是我们原来就是这样计划的
Nothing of that kind. It was arranged beforehand.
至于我太太不在期间 我的三餐问题…
So as far as my meals are concerned during Mrs. Clare’s absence…
我以后再跟你谈 -那要把这篮子留下吗?
-…I’ll talk to you later. -Shall I leave the basket?
好的 这篮子的食物正好今天吃 谢谢
Indeed, the basket will do for today. Many thanks.
先生 我回家经过这里
I was passing on my way home, sir.
我只是想向你和克莱尔太太问好
I only wanted to wish you well. You and Mrs. Clare.
她不在 如你所见 我也正要出门
She’s not here. I’m on the point of leaving myself, as you see.
我正要离开英国 我决定要去巴西
I’m leaving England. I’ve made up my mind to go to Brazil.
-巴西? -是的
-Brazil? -Yes.
那请代我祝愿克莱尔太太旅途愉快
Well, then please tell Mrs. Clare I hope the journey agrees with her.
她暂时不去巴西 我先去看看那里的土地…
She’s not going at present. I’ll go on to get the measure of the place…
和生活如何
…and see what life there is like.
-莉迪怎么样? -像以前一样精力充沛
-How is Retty? -Oh, as high-strung as ever.
-玛丽安呢? -玛丽安开始酗酒了 先生
-And Marian? -Marian’s taken to drink, sir.
-真的吗? -是的.柯里克先生已经把她解雇了
-Really? -Yes. Mr. Crick has got rid of her.
那依丝你呢 你好吗?
And you, Izz, are you well?
你都走了 我怎么会好呢?
With you gone, sir, how could I be?
我终于说出来了
There, it is said.
再见 先生
Goodbye, sir.
再见 依丝
Goodbye, Izz.
依丝
Izz!
如果我现在说要你跟我去…
If I were to ask you to come with me now…
跟我去巴西…
…come to Brazil with me…
你会答应吗?
…would your answer be yes?
要跟你走 那我现在就要放弃这里的一切
To come with you, I should leave everything this minute.
你知道这个社会会怎么看我们吗?
You know what it would mean in the eyes of society?
我不管
I wouldn’t care.
你这么爱我吗?
Do you love me so much?
我一直…一直都深爱着你
I’ve–I’ve always loved you.
爱得比苔丝还深吗?
More than Tess?
没有
No.
没有她深
Not more than her.
没人会比苔丝更爱你了
Nobody could have loved you more than Tess.
她是用她的生命爱着你的
She’d have given her life for you.
我的爱不可能比她的更深
I could do no more.
一切皆是虚无
All is vanity.
-晚安 小美人 -晚安 先生
-Good night, my pretty. -Night, sir.
这么晚了 你一个女孩子还在这小道上漫步
It is late for a maid to be roaming the lanes by herself.
你是迷路了吗?
Have you lost your way, then?
上车来坐在我旁边吧 我带你一程吧
Step up here beside me, and I’ll take you part of the road.
看你都快走不动了
Why, you can scarce put one foot afore the other.
我说 上车吧
Ride with me, I say.
我认得你
But I know you.
你是斯托克.德伯先生的情妇
You be Mr. Stoke d’Urberville’s fancy woman!
你跟他鬼混的时候怎么不这么假正经啊?
You weren’t too proud to cock a leg for him, eh?
贱♥货♥
Trollop!
这不是我们的小苔丝吗?
If it isn’t my little Tess!
可怜的孩子 看你多楚楚可怜啊
Poor poppet, what a state you’re in.
你冷得发抖
You’re so cold.

Here.
把这喝下去吧.它会使你暖和很多
Get that inside you. It will warm your bones.
来 我的小可爱 喝了吧
Go on, my love, drink it.
再喝点
Get along.
你自己不能放弃 即使现在正是背运的时候
You mustn’t let yourself go. Even bad luck runs out in the end.
听我的话没错
Take my word for it.
我坚持不下去了
I can’t go on.
你明天就会感觉好很多了
You’ll feel better tomorrow.
不 我坚持不下去了
Oh, no, I can’t go on.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!