我听说你讨厌古老世家
I was told you hated old families.
你说的麻烦事就是这个啊?
And is that all the trouble?
这根本不重要 苔丝
None of that matters, Tess.
说你会嫁给我
Say you’ll be my wife.
快说啊 苔丝.说啊 我亲爱的
Say it, Tess. Say it, my dear love.
我愿意…
Yes, yes, yes.
我的少不更事…
My youth….
我的单纯…
…my simplicity….
以及我的尴尬境况…
…and the strangeness. of my situation….
或许会减轻我的罪过
…may perhaps lessen my fault..
但我还是必须承认…
But since I committed it….
我是有罪的
…I am guilty..
我一定是有罪的…
I must be guilty….
因为上帝把我的孩子夺走作为惩罚
…because the Lord saw fit. to take my child..
我刚才所写的东西…
If what I havejust written….
在你面前我怎么也说不出口
…failed to pass my lips. in your presence….
即使我在心中已重复了1000遍…
…when I had repeated it. a thousand times in my heart….
因为我怕说了会永远失去你
…it was for fear. of losing you forever..
因为我爱你…
For love ofyou….
所以我克服内心害怕失去你的恐惧 给你写了这封信
…I shall conquer that fear. and bring you this letter..
安琪 你一收到这封信…
Once you receive it, Angel….
我的余生的命运就由你决定了
…you will hold the rest. of my life in your hands..
我满怀希望…
I hope….
我又害怕得颤抖
…I tremble….
因为我爱你
…I love you..
苔丝
Tess.
亲爱的
Darling.
心情好所以我的胃口也特别好
Happiness seems to put an edge on my appetite.
我饿坏了
I’m starving.
看 他们来了
Oh, look! They’re coming!
快点 柯里克太太 他们会比我们更快到达教堂的
Faster, faster, Mrs. Crick! They’ll beat us to the church!
安琪
Angel!
安琪 我有话对你说
Angel, please, I must speak to you.
什么事?
What’s the matter?
我要向你坦白我不光彩的过去 毫无保留地坦白
I want to confess all my past faults. All of it!
迟些吧 甜心 等我们结了婚 就向对方坦白一切
Later, sweetheart. Once we’re married we’ll tell each other everything.
我也要向你坦白我的过失
I have some failings of my own to confess.
我要求并命令两位…
I require and charge you both…
因为在最后审判日你们要回答 同样的问题…
…as you will have to answer at that dreadful Day of Judgment…
并揭露心底所有的秘密
…where the secrets of all hearts shall be disclosed.
如果你们两位知道有任何妨碍…
That if either of you know any impediment…
你们成为合法夫妻的原因…
…why you may not be lawfully joined in matrimony…
请现在马上坦白
…ye do now confess it.
你是否愿意娶这位女子为合法妻子…
Wilt thou have this woman to thy wedded wife…
遵循上帝之名 与她结为夫妇
…to live together after God’s just ordinance…
共度余生呢?
…in the holy estate of matrimony?
你愿意爱她 抚慰她 尊重她和爱惜她…
Wilt thou love her, comfort her, honor and keep her…
不论疾病与健康 只爱她一人…
…in sickness and in health and forsaking all other…
并与她白头偕老吗?
…keep thee only unto her, so long as ye both shall live?
我愿意
I will.
欢迎您 先生 欢迎您 太太
Welcome, sir. Welcome, ma’am.
普兰科特先生叫我让你们像在自己家一样
Mr. Plunkett told me to make you at home.
你们租的房♥间在一楼…
The rooms you rented are on the first floor…
不过因为普兰科特先生去了曼切斯特…
…but Mr. Plunkett had to leave for Manchester…
所以整栋房♥子你们可以随便使用
…so you’ll have the whole house to yourselves.
你们会发现这里非常舒适的 虽然这里肯能有点潮湿
You’ll find it very comfortable here. The house is inclined to be damp.
不过我下午很早就在客厅生了火
But I lit a good fire in the drawing room early this afternoon.
至于食物 我给二位准备了冷盘
As for food, look, I’ve prepared you a cold supper.
还有一瓶好酒
And there’s a nice bottle of wine to go with it.
明天 要是你们喜欢…
Tomorrow, if you wish…
我给你们带些我丈夫的苹果酒 是他自己酝制的
…I’ll bring you some of my husband’s excellent cider. He makes it himself.
办公室
The usual offices.
你们的房♥间
Your bedroom.
一个小惊喜 夫人
A little surprise, ma’am.
我自做主张挂上去的
I took the liberty.
是我儿子在树林里摘的 这床很棒
My son picked it in the woods. It’s a good bed.
我想你们一定会喜欢的
I think you’ll find it to your liking.
现在我该让二位独处了
And now I’ll leave you to yourselves.
好了
Cheerio.
哪对是我的手 哪对是你的手?
Which are my hands, and which are yours?
都是属于你的
They’re all yours.
把它打开
Open it.
这是给你的
It’s for you.
家传之宝
Family jewels.
-是给我的吗? -当然了
-Are they for me? -But of course.
真的吗?
Truly?
戴上
Put them on.
现在戴上吧
Put them on now.
天啊 你真美
My God, how beautiful you are.
来看看
Come and see.
我的爱人 我要向你坦白一件事
I have a confession to make, my love.
-你也有事要坦白? -为什么不呢?
-You have something to confess? -Why not?
你把我想得太完美了
You think far too highly of me.
听着
Listen.
我要你原谅我…
I want you to forgive me…
也不要因为我之前没有告诉你而生我的气
…and not be angry with me for failing to tell you earlier.
我是因为怕失去你才绝口不提的
I said nothing for fear of losing you.
亲爱的 我长话短说吧
I shall be brief, darling.
在我们相遇前不久…
Not long before we met…
那时我在伦敦住了一段时间
…I lived in London for a time.
在那里…
There…
我遇到了一个比我年长的女人
…I met a woman older than myself.
我跟她只是露水情缘
Ours was a false relationship.
最后分手收场
A sad one.
我和她只交往了几个星期
It was all over in a few weeks.
这就是我要向你坦白的一切
That’s all there is to tell.
你会原谅我吗?
Do you forgive me?
安琪…
Angel….
你真是太好 太温柔了
You’re so utterly good and gentle.
我一想到你听了我的坦白会恨我 我都快疯了
I was mad to fear your resentment.
我也要向你坦白 安琪 和你同样的坦白
I have a confession too, Angel. Something of the same kind.
到餐桌那说吧.我们边吃边说吧 我饿了 你呢?
Tell me at table. We’ll talk over supper. I’m hungry, aren’t you?
我要对你说…
I told you…
我有跟你一样的事要坦白
…I have a confession like your own.
什么事?
What confession?
我也长话短说
I shall be just as brief.
他姓德伯
His name is d’Urberville.
和我一样
Like mine.
亚历山大.德伯
Alexander d’Urberville.
他家这个姓是买♥♥回来的
His family bought the title.
他们原来是姓斯托克的
Their real name is Stoke.
命运驱使我认了他这门假亲戚 并到他家工作…
It was fate that drove me to work…
来帮我家度过难关
…for false relations as a way of helping my own folk to live.
阿力克…
Alec….
亚历山大…
Alexander…
利用我的恐惧…
…took advantage of me…
强行占有了我
…relying on his strength and my fear.
绝望之下我当了他的情妇
I became his mistress in despair.
但我不爱他
Without love.
就像你的露水情缘一样…
Like yours…
我也在数周后结束了这段孽缘
…my sad union ended after a few weeks.
我生下一个孩子…
I bore a child…
他已经夭折了
…which died very young.
我的人生一塌糊涂 直到到我遇见你
My life was in ruins till the day I met you.
我要出去一下
I’m going out.
你不愿意原谅我吗?
You don’t forgive me?
-我原谅了你啊 安琪 -是的 我知道
-I forgive you, Angel. -Yes, I know.
但你…
But you….
你不原谅我吗?
You don’t forgive me?
你以前是我心中的苔丝 但现在已经变成了一个陌生人
You were one person. Now you’re another.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!