感谢上帝她是个瞎子
It is a mercy for us she’s blind.
-德伯夫人眼睛瞎了? -完全瞎了
-Mrs. d’Urberville’s blind? -Stone-blind.
他们一家原来姓斯托克
Their real name is Stoke.
到底是怎么回事?
How’s that?
改姓是阿力克先生的父亲的主意
It were Mr. Alec’s father had the notion.
他花钱买♥♥来一个已经败落的贵族姓氏…
He bought the name of an old extinguished family…
来显示自己的显赫
…to make himself important.
你在这里干什么? 太太在等你拿鸡去呢
Whatever are you doing? Missus is waiting for her birds.
马上就来 我竟忘得一干二净了
Quick, it slipped my mind entirely.
你去把菲娜捉住…
Now, you catch hold of Phena there…
还有那只
…and that one.
那边那只 还有白色那只
That one there and the white one.
你就是新来的?
So you are the new young woman.
我的鸡今天怎么样?
Well, how are my birds?
这是司徒特
This is Strut.
他今天没什么精神 是吧?
He doesn’t seem so lively today, does he?
我想因为它因为被新手捉住所以受了惊吓
He’s alarmed at being handled by a stranger, I suppose.
菲娜呢?
And Phena?
好了 好了
Yes, yes.
他们有点受惊了 小可爱们 你们受惊了是吧?
They are a little frightened. Aren’t you, my poor dears?
不要紧
Never mind.
他们很快就会习惯被你照料的
They’ll soon get used to you.
你会吹口哨吗?
Can you whistle?
夫人 您说吹口哨?
Whistle, ma’am?
对 用口哨吹奏歌♥曲
Yes, whistle tunes.
会一点
A little.
那你得每天练习吹口哨
Then you will have to practice every day.
我想你要照顾我许多家禽 还包括我的红腹灰雀
I think a lot of my fowls, but there are also my bullfinches to consider.
以前有个年轻人很会对我的宝贝们吹口哨
I had a young lad who whistled to them very well,
可惜他已经离开这里了
but he left.
他们被疏忽照顾好一阵子了
They’ve been neglected for days.
夫人 阿力克少爷今早已给向鸡吹了口哨曲
Master Alec whistled to them this morning, ma’am.

Him.
不管艺术家还是造物主都造不出比你更可爱的人 苔丝
Nor art nor nature ever created a lovelier thing than you, Cousin Tess.
看着你那可爱的樱唇嘟着吹着…
To see that pretty mouth pouting and puffing away…
却半天都吹不出一个音符
…without producing a single note.
先生 这是我的工作的一部分
It is all a part of my work, sir.
不要紧 我来教你
Never mind. I’ll teach you.
我不会碰你一根指头的 看到没 我就站在原地
I won’t lay a finger on you. See? I’ll stay exactly where I am.
你现在看着我吹
Now you watch me.
别把嘴撅得太紧
Don’t screw up your lips too tight.
像这样吹
Do it like this.
轻轻地吹
Blow gently.
轻轻地
Gently.
试一下
Try.
不 不是这样 再试一次
No, no. Try again.
再一次
Again.
就是这样 你很快会吹得很棒的 我已经教你窍门了
There. You’ll manage splendidly now I’ve started you off.
告诉我 苔丝 你不觉得我母亲有点奇怪吗?
Tell me, Tess, don’t you find my mother a little odd?
先生 我还一点都不了解她呢
I hardly know her, sir.
我现在怎样都讨不了她的欢心
Well, I’m not in her good books at the moment.
但只要你善待她的家禽 她就会喜欢你的
But you should find favor if you treat her livestock well.
如果你有什么困难…
If you meet with any difficulties…
别找德路普…
…don’t go to Dollop…
来找我吧
…come to me.
怎么了? 那你现在不想跳舞吗?
What? Don’t you fancy a dance, then?
我累得要命啊
I’m mortal tired.
-你们什么时候才会回家去啊? -很快了 很快了
-When are you all going home? -Soon enough, soon enough.
美人儿
Well, my beauty.
在夜里的这个时候你在这里干什么呢?
What are you doing here this time of night?
先生 我在等其他人…
I’m waiting for the others, sir…
因为我不认识回家的路
…not being acquainted with the road home.
我只有一匹驯马 跟我到客栈那里吧
I only have a saddle horse. Come to the inn with me.
我在那里请架马车载我们回去
I’ll hire a trap for us both.
不不 谢谢你 但我答应等他们的
No, no. Thank you, but I promised to wait for them.
甚好 傻丫头 随你高兴吧
Very well. Silly girl. Please yourself.
在你背上爬的那是什么东西啊?
What’s that creeping down your back?
我敢发誓
Well, I declare!
这是蜜糖
It is treacle!
-你竟敢取笑我 你这贱妇 -我忍♥俊不禁
-You dare laugh at me, you hussy. -I can’t help it.
其他人也在笑啊
No more than the others.
不要因为少爷很喜欢你…
You think you’re the queen of Trantridge…
就以为自己是特兰里奇的女王
…just because you’re first favorite with him.
她什么都没说过 放开她
She never said anything. Leave her.
我会给你点颜色看看
I’ll show you.
我可比你这装腔作势的贱妇要好上两倍
I’m worth two of your sort for all your airs and graces.
我要早知道你是这种德行…
If I’d known what sort you were…
我才不自贬身价跟你一起呢
…I’d never have lowered myself by accepting your company.
-我会给你点颜色看看的 -嘿 在哪儿
-I’ll show you. -Hey there, workfolk.
你们在这干嘛呢?
What’s all the row about?
快点上马 坐在我后面
Quickly, jump up beside me.
刚出虎穴 又入狼窝
Out of the frying pan, into the fire.
-我们现在在哪里啊? -正经过蔡司树林
-Where are we? -Passing through The Chase.
蔡司树林?
The Chase?
这根本不是回去的路啊
It is out of our way, surely.
苔丝 这树林可是英国最古老 最有趣的树林啊
This forest is one of the oldest and loveliest in England, Tess.
你不觉得在这样一个上天赐予的良宵…
Don’t you think it deserves to be seen…
应该进这树林看看吗?
…on a glorious God-given night like this?
是的 但是…
Yes, but….
别但是了 听话才乖嘛
No buts. There’s a good girl.
我会对你很规矩的 我现在很高兴
I’ll be honest with you. I’m happy.
我想把这一刻尽量延长
I’m trying to prolong the moment.
你刚在后面发抖
You were shivering a while back.
现在我感到你暖起来了
Now I can feel your warmth against me.
-你现在还觉得冷吗? -不 现在不冷
-Are you still cold? -No, not now.
我会让马再走一下
I’ll let my animal walk a little further.
然后让它歇歇脚 这样它会走得更好
He’ll make better progress once he’s rested.
告诉我…
Tell me…
你父母的马怎么了? -他们现在没有马了
-…what news of your parents’ horse? -They have no horse.
上个上星期一他们就已经有一匹了
They have since Monday last.
-是你给…? -我不是要故意邀功
-Did you…? -Forgive me for mentioning it.
我以为他们已经写信告诉你了
I thought they would have written to you.
-我不知道如何感谢你才好 -没什么
-I don’t know what to say. -It’s nothing.
我知道对你父亲来说有一匹马是多么重要
I knew how important it was for your father to have a new horse.
的确如此
Really.
他应该感谢你这个女儿
It’s you he should thank.
我很感激您
I’m grateful to you.
真的非常感激
Truly I am.
但我宁愿您没有这么做
But I almost wish you hadn’t done this.
我真的这么认为
Yes, I almost do.
-你这是谴责我吗? -不是的
-Is that a reproach? -Oh, no.
当然您人很好
It is very kind of you, I’m sure.
自从我看到你 我就备受相思之苦
I’ve been in torment ever since you came to us.
-那我明天就离开这里吧 先生 -这是荒谬
-Then I’ll leave tomorrow, sir. -That’s absurd.
我不想你离开
I don’t want you to leave.
这是我最不愿看到的
That’s the last thing I want.
我真的没有希望了吗?
Is there no hope for me?
一点希望都没有?
None at all?
苔丝
Tess.
我愿意为你而死
I’m dying for you.
你难道还看不出来吗?
Can’t you see?
请原谅我
Forgive me.
请原谅我
Oh, please forgive me.
-你受伤了吗? -不 没什么 我没什么
-Are you hurt? -No, it’s nothing. Nothing.
你在流血
You’re bleeding.
天啊
Oh, my God.
我怎么可以对您如此粗暴呢?
How ever could I have done such a thing?
是我
It’s me.
别傻了 快开门
Don’t be so foolish. Open the door.
你这样我就得弄出声响了
You’ll force me to make a noise, Tess.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!