Can’t help themselves.
妳担心赶不上其它学生吗?
Are you worried about keeping up with the other students?
不会,我不笨
No. I’m not stupid.
我没说妳笨
I didn’t say you were.
是不是因为要离开家里?
Is it moving away from home?
拿直一点
Hold it straighter.
为什么不想上大学?
Why don’t you want to go to college?
人,我不了解人
People. I don’t understand people.
至少同学知道我不了解他们
At least the people at school know I don’t understand them
其中一些还是跟我交朋友
and some of them are my friends anyway.
妳不了解什么?
What don’t you understand?
女孩为男孩变得很傻
Girls get all goofy over boys.
他们谈愚蠢的流行团体以及衣服
They talk about silly pop groups and clothes and say things like,
还说一些话,例如在我高兴时说你为何暴躁?
“Why are you so grumpy?” when I’m happy.
我说我高兴,但他们说“你看起来不高兴”
And I say, “I’m happy.” And they say, “Well, you don’t look happy.”
我说“你没看到我在思考而且伤心吗?”
And I say, “Can’t you see I’m thinking? And can’t you see I’m sad?”
我不知道他们在说什么
And I don’t know what they’re talking about.
妳高兴是什么样子?
What do you look like when you’re happy?
像这样
Like this.
不,妳跟我谈《大叔特工局》时不是这样子
No. That’s not what you looked like when you were telling me about The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
妳看起来像这样
You looked like this.
很滑稽的样子
That’s funny looking.
高兴
Happy.
这是妳生气的样子
And that’s you angry.
(生气)
高兴,我这张很高兴
Happy. I’m happy in that one.
我想只是比较满意
I’d say more satisfied.
满意
Satisfied.
(满意)
恬普的房♥间
玛利亚,可以帮我一下吗?
Maria, can you give me a hand here?
(恬普的房♥间)
恬普!
Temple!
恬普!
Temple!
把我夹起来
Close it on me.
恬普,我们要让妳出来…
Temple, let’s get you out of…
把我夹起来!
Close it on me!
别傻了!
Don’t be silly!
拜托!
Please!
夹紧,夹紧
Close the sides. Close the sides.
拜托
Please!
用力一点,再用力!
Harder! More!
拉铜杆栅门就会打开
看到恬普在栅门上做的事吗?
Did you see Temple’s handiwork at the gate?
这是最奇怪的事
Isn’t that the darndest thing?
嗨
Hi.
嗨,亲爱的
Hi, darling.
安妮跟我唠叨很多年,像我做不出这种东西
All these years Ann’s been bugging me, like I could ever come up with that!
是这个吗?
Is that it?
恬普一直在用这个?
Is that what Temple’s been using?
是的
Yes, it is.
我知道看起来可怕,但对她有用
I know, it looks horrible, but it helps her.
我去找恬普
I’ll go find Temple.
恬普!
Temple!
这是我的,这是恬普的
That’s mine. That’s Temple’s.
她过了一个很棒的夏季
She’s had a great summer.
妳一定不相信她修好一些什么东西
You won’t believe the things she’s fixed.
她对牲口也很好
She’s wonderful with the cattle.
是的,我很感激
Yeah. I… I appreciate that.
我得警告妳她想留下来
I should warn you, she has her mind set on staying.
这不是选项
That’s not an option.
安妮
Ann.
对不起,我不是想攻击妳
I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to attack you,
尤其是妳整个夏季都很慷慨
especially when you’ve been so generous all summer.
恬普?
Temple?
恬普?
Temple?
恬普!
Temple.
恬普!
Temple!
妈,妳的旅程好吗?妳来得很快
How was your trip, Mother? You made good time.
旅程漫长,谢谢妳问
It was long. Thank you for asking.
准备上大学了吗?
You ready for college?
我想我宁愿住在这里
I think I’d rather stay here.
我们谈过这件事
We’ve talked about this.
甜心,妳不会有事
Sweetheart, you’re gonna be fine.
没有人料到,几乎是奇迹
No one expected it. It’s nothing short of a miracle.
是奇迹!
It’s a miracle!
恬普,这边
Temple, this way.
我可以替妳拿吗?
Can I get that for you?
谢谢
Thank you.
224,妳住这间
224. This is you.
我没有室友
I don’t have a roommate.
不,妳室友要晚几星期来
No, no, no. Your roommate is coming in another couple of weeks.
记得吗?
Remember?
别人都有室友
Everyone else has a roommate!
为何不把它想成安顿下来的机会,甜心?
Well, then, why don’t you just think of it as a chance to settle in, sweetheart?
那么我要回家
Think I’ll go back home!
恬普,我知道这很新奇
Temple. I know that this is strange and new,
但妳不会有事
but you’re going to be all right.
我不想住在这里
I don’t want to stay here!
尽量保持冷静,没关系的
Try and stay calm. It’s all right.
尽量冷静,好吗?
Try and calm down, all right?
我让妳独处一下
I’m going to give you a moment to yourself.
她没事吧?
Is she all right?
有兴趣跟其它孩子玩吗?
Interested in playing with other children?
不,没有
No, not really.
玩玩具和洋娃娃吗?
Plays with toys, dolls?
她喜欢扯碎东西
She loves to rip things.
多大还不会说话?
And no speech yet at the age of…
四岁,她四岁了
Four. She’s four.
不,还不到
No, not yet.
我确定只是一个阶段,但…
I’m sure it’s just a phase, but…
妳孩子显然有自闭症
Your child is clearly autistic.
自闭症?我不了解…
Autistic. I’m… I’m not familiar…
她有幼儿精神分♥裂♥症
She’s an infantile schizophrenic.
幼儿?那····
Infantile… So…
她要多大才会好?我是说下一步是…?
So when would she grow out of it? I mean, what’s the next step for…
我们通常建议住院
We generally recommend an institution.
住多久?我不确定喜欢这样 我真的…
For how long? I’m not sure I would like that. I really…
我不想错过听她第一次说话
I… I wouldn’t want to miss her first words.
她或许永远不会说话
She probably will never speak.
恐怕没有固定疗程
And I’m afraid there is no course of treatment.
我说的是进疗养院
I’m talking about institutionalization.
但是···
But…
我是说她原来是正常婴儿但后来改变了
I mean, she… She was a perfectly normal baby and then later she changed.
我需要知道过程和原因
So I need to know how, why.
我不确定妳可以…
I’m not sure you’d…
或许可以请妳先生打电♥话♥给我
Perhaps if you had your husband call me.
我先生很忙,而我是哈佛大学毕业的
My husband is a very busy man and I graduated from Harvard,
所以你为什么不和我说呢
so why don’t you try me?
对不起
I’m sorry.
有人认为这是因为跟妈妈缺乏亲密感
It’s been suggested that it may be a lack of bonding with the mother,
认为在某种重要阶段妈妈冷漠,高高在上
that at a crucial phase, the mother was cold, aloof,
在孩子最需要身体亲密接触时
when the child most needed physical affection.
但我们没有发生这种事
But that is not what happened.
我们还有一个孩子,但她不像这样
We have another child and she is not like this,
我对她们并没有不同
and I did not do anything different.
恬普排斥我
Temple rejects me. I…
我想搂抱她,但她不让我
I want to hug her and she won’t let me.
你说这是我造成的?
I’m supposed to have done this.
那么我可以弥补,只要你告诉我该做什么
Well, then, I can undo it. You just tell me what to do.
我说过,我建议住疗养院
As I said, I recommend institutionalization.
这是我们推荐的机构的名单
Here’s a list of facilities that we recommend.
gǒu狗
Dog.