我叫天宝·葛兰汀
My name is Temple Grandin.
我跟别人不同
I’m not like other people.
我用图形思考,并连接它们
I think in pictures and I connect them.
导演:米克·杰克逊
主演:克莱尔·丹尼斯
片名:自闭历程/星星的孩子(台)
主演:凯瑟琳·欧哈拉
主演:史德芬妮·法拉西与贝利·陶布
主演:朱莉娅·奥蒙德
制片人:史考特费格森
原著:天宝·葛兰汀
编剧:克里斯托弗·蒙格和威廉·梅利特·约翰逊
导演:米克杰克森
亚利桑那州,1966年
在这,天宝
There she is! Temple!
真热!
It’s hot!
快点,亲爱的,妳挡住了其它乘客
Come on, dear. You’re holding up the other passengers!
我看得到热气
I can see the heat!
天宝!
– Temple!
这里有人住吗?
Do people live here?
狼在嚎,拿散♥弹♥枪♥的人跟伊利亚库里亚津说
The wolf is growling and the man with the shotgun says to Illya Kuryakin,
“你要我开栅门吗?”
“Would you like for me to open the gate?”
对不起,天宝,我听不懂
I’m sorry, Temple, you lost me.
《大叔局特工》中迷宫凉亭那集
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. The Gazebo in the Maze.
《大叔局特工》是196♥4♥-1968年上映的美剧,第一季第二十七集名为迷宫凉亭
狼在嚎,而那个人跟伊利亚库里亚津说
The wolf is growling and the man with the shotgun says to Illya Kuryakin,
“你要我开栅门吗?”
“Would you like for me to open the gate?”
“你要我开栅门吗?”
“Would you like for me to open the gate?”
妳还好吗?
You okay?
安妮姨妈,这是什么地方?
Aunt Ann, what is this place?
只是牛栏,东岸没有这些吧?
Just holding pens. You don’t have those on the East Coast, huh?
这是屠宰牠们的地方?
Is this where they slaughter them?
是的
Yes, it is.
妳要我开栅门吗?
“Would you like for me to open the gate?”
妳要我开栅门吗?
“Would you like for me to open the gate?”
是的,拜托
Yes. Yes, please.
打开栅门,拜托,天宝
Open the gate, please, Temple.
妳要我开这个栅门吗?
Would you like for me to open that gate?
是的!
Yes!
好了!
That’s it!
上车,天宝
Come on, Temple.
天宝?
Temple?
加把劲
Come on, git!
他们来了
There they are.
天宝安全抵达
Temple made it okay.
跟麦克姨丈打招呼
Say hi to your Uncle Mike.
嗨,恬普
Hi, Temple.
我正在跟比利说夏季访客的事
I just been telling Billy here all about our summer visitor.
你是牛仔吗?
Are you a cowboy?
原谅我侄女
Excuse my niece.
我们不能这样打招呼,妳应该很清楚
That’s not how we greet people, Temple. You know better than that.
你好,我是恬普,很高兴见到你。你好,我是恬普,很高兴见到你
Hello, I’m Temple. It’s very nice to meet you. Hello, I’m Temple. It’s very nice to meet you.
我也很高兴见到妳
Nice to meet you, too.
小姐
Ma’am.
谢谢你给我这个,我明天来换掉
Thanks for this. I’ll replace it tomorrow.
是的,但不急,我有备用的
Yeah. No rush. I got spares.
你这有《大叔局特工》吗?
Do you get The Man from U.N.C.L.E.?
我带妳看♥房♥♥间
Let me show you your room.
这些放这里可以吗?
These okay here?
我的科幻小说放在那边
And I put all my science fiction books there.
我怎么知道这是我房♥间?
How do I know this is my room?
因为我们说的,这是妳房♥间
Because we say so. It’s your room.
好吗?
Okay?
(恬普的房♥间)
好的
Okay.
恬普,要上大学了兴奋吗?
So, Temple, you excited about college?
很了不起
That’s something.
谢谢妳
Thank you.
我不能吃这个,我有结肠炎
I can’t eat that. I have colitis.
我紧张就会发作
I get it from nervousness.
我吃布丁和果冻
I eat pudding and Jell-O.
I know. Your mom said.
我知道,妳妈说过了
妳没回答麦克的问题,要上大学兴奋吗?
So you didn’t answer Mike’s question. Are you excited about going to college?
我要留在高中,我喜欢自然老师
I want to stay in high school. I like my science teacher.
卡洛克博士很聪明,他上过大学
Dr. Carlock’s very smart and he’s been to college.
我不懂为什么要上大学去学习他或许已知的东西
So I don’t understand why I have to move to learn what he probably already knows.
吃甜点的汤匙跟茶匙要分开放
The dessert spoons and teaspoons go in different sections.
我放好了
I did that.
看来你分清了,但妳姨丈分不清楚,有时我也分不清
You know, your uncle can’t tell them apart. And sometimes I can’t either.
它们不同
They’re different.
是的,不同
Yes, they are.
我想睡觉时间到了,小姐
I think it’s time for bed, young lady.
我们这里跟公鸡同时起床
We get up with the rooster around here.
东西都齐了吗?
You got everything?
这是我房♥间
This is my room.
(恬普的房♥间)
是的,晚安
Yes, it is. So, good night.
我不希望妳这样做
– I don’t want you to do that.
对不起,我忘了,不能搂抱
I’m sorry. I forgot. No hugs.
晚安
Good night then.
(恬普的房♥间)
喂?
Hello?
我吵醒妳了吗?
Did I wake you?
当然没有
Of course not.
是谁呀?
Who is it?
安妮
It’s Ann!
猜我在恬普房♥间的垃圾桶里找到了一团什么
Guess what I found balled up in the bottom of Temple’s closet?
她不想要的一件夏季衬衫?
A lovely summer frock she didn’t want?
我花了很久才烫好
It’s taken me an age to iron it.
我早上才寄过去
I’ll mail it in the morning.
如果妳都不能叫她带着,我不确定我能叫她穿上
If you couldn’t get her to pack it, I’m not sure I can get her to wear it.
她一到这里就脱掉另一件
The other one came off the minute she arrived.
她怎样?
How is she?
她很好
She’s good.
告诉我吧
Tell me.
麦克提到大学时她很紧张
She… She got tense when Mike mentioned college, but…
后来她平静下来乖乖去睡了
No, but then she calmed down and she went off to bed just fine.
别担心
Stop worrying.
照顾恬普是我这个夏季的任务
Temple’s my job for the summer.
担心其它孩子们吧
Worry about the others.
我确定她会很开心
I’m sure she’s gonna have a great time.
妳记得有东西会让她发作吧?
You do remember, though, something’s gonna set her off.
恬普
Temple?
恬普!
Temple!
恬普!我很需要帮忙
Temple, I could really use a hand here!
知道要主修什么吗?
So any idea what your major might be?
自然科,或许是心理学
Science, probably psychology.
现在还不需要决定吧?
You don’t have to decide just yet, do you?
比寄宿学校好多了
It’s better than boarding school.
– 好极了,有很多选择 – 丹尼在看妳
– That’s great. Lots of choices… – Danny’s looking at you.
看到了吗?牠不转头也能看到四周
See? He can see all around without moving his head.
妳怎么知道牠看哪里?
So how do you know where he’s looking?
牠的耳朵
His ears.
牠的耳朵指向看的方向
He points his ears where he’s looking.
牠在看妳
See? He’s looking at you.
牠在看那些牛仔
And he’s looking at those cowboys.
我现在引起牠的注意,牠现在看我了
See? Now I’ve got his attention. Now he’s looking at me.
妳说对了
You’re right.
妳是怎么想通的?
How’d you figure that out?
走你
There you go!
What are they doing?
他们在做什么?
这是什么东西?
What is this thing?
这可以让牠不动,让比尔给牠接种疫苗
It holds her still so Billy can inoculate her.
发生什么事?牠安静下来了
What happened to it? It calmed down.
牠们很喜欢这样,这使牠们温驯
They just like it. It gentles them.
你站着不动牠们就会到妳身边
Stand still and they’ll come to you.
不会伤害妳,只是好奇
Won’t harm you. Just curious.
牠们情不自禁