Uh, yeah.
噢 是
Excuse me, sir.
这位先生 对不起
Are you the marine who brought Chance home?
你是带钱斯回家的陆战队战士?
Yes, sir. Mike Strobl.
是的 先生 我是麦克史特罗布
Semper fi, colonel. I’m Charlie Fitts. Charlie.
永远忠诚 上校我是查理·菲茨 查理
Listen, this whole town is grateful to you.
你听整个镇在感谢你
It was my honor.
这是我的荣誉
Korea, huh? It’s a privilege to meet
朝鲜 是吗? 这是海陆特有的见面方式
an old First Marine Division warrior.
老海军陆战队第一师战士呵
There’s some fellows here been waiting all night to meet you.
大伙等你一个晚上了
Fellas, this is Chance’s escort, colonel Strobl.
大伙 这是钱斯的护卫 史特罗布上校
Larry Hertzog. Welcome. Larry.
劳瑞·赫佐格欢迎你 劳瑞你好
Robert Rouse. How are you?
罗伯特劳斯 你好
A.V. Scott. Here we have Gunny Mulcahy, Chance’s recruiter.
A.V史考特 这位是葛尼马尔卡希 招聘的钱斯就是他
Sir. Gunny.
长官 葛尼
And sergeant Michael Arenz. Sir.
以及麦克安兹中士 长官
He was with Chance when he died.
钱斯死时他在他身边
Sergeant.
中士
Well, Jenny.
哇 珍妮
Let’s get this man a cold beer. He’s been on a long and lonely trip.
给这位远道而来的先生来瓶冰啤酒
Did you know Chance? No. No, I didn’t know him.
你认识钱斯? 不 不 我不认识他
Well, you missed out. Sure did.
喔 那是你的损失 那到是
You know, a lot of recruits, myself included,
有许多菜鸟 包括我自己
lose a big part of their personality when they go through boot camp.
经新训中心操过个性都被磨掉
Sort of the point. But, Chance, he comes back from boot camp,
但是有一点 钱斯 他从新训中心回来
He sure as hell was a marine, but he was still Chance.
他明明就是陆战队 但他还找机会
Same old wise-ass smile.
老笑话…征招是种机遇
He could get away with anything just by flashing that grin.
他总是灿烂的笑容
Our first mortar attack in Ramadi,
在Ramadi我们有次遭迫击炮攻击
everybody’s yelling, “Grab your kevlars! Grab your flaks!”
大伙叫着 带着钢盔 穿上防弹衣
We were all scared, you know? Like, “Welcome to Iraq.”
我们吓坏了! 就好像搞伊♥拉♥克♥欢迎式
Everybody’s running, trying to get to the bunker.
大家拼命躲到掩体
And Phelps, He’s got his shower shoes on,
只有费尔普斯 他穿着拖鞋
Grabs his rifle, runs outside,
带着他的步♥枪♥ 跑到外面
He’s like, “Where they at? Where they at?”
他就像很猛般叫着 他们在那里? 他们在那里?
Everybody’s yelling, “Phelps, get your ass back in here, man! Take cover!”
大伙又吼着 费尔普斯 你他马给我滚回这里 找掩蔽
He’s still standing outside in his shower shoes.
靠他就穿着拖鞋一直站在外面
If you guys would excuse us, we need to head out.
大伙对不起 我们要先离开
Yeah, we’re building something special to take him up to the cemetery tomorrow.
是的 明天墓地还有一些东西要准备
Anything I can do? I think you’ve done enough.
需要帮忙吗? 我想你已经做的够多了
Colonel, good night. Thank you. Good night.
上校 晚安谢谢你 晚安
The convoy’s moving along,
有回车队独自巡逻
Doing a routine patrol south of Baghdad, and…
就一般平常巡逻 在巴格达南边 和…
Chance wasn’t even supposed to be there that day.
钱斯甚至不应该有这一天
It was his rest day.
那天他是休假日
And knowing we were going out,
他知道我们要出发
He just had to come.
他跑来
Chance was up in the turret looking out for trouble.
钱斯待在炮塔上警戒可疑人物
That was his spot.
那是曝露的位置
The most dangerous job a marine can have.
也是海军陆战队士兵最危险的工作
Yeah, you’re totally exposed up there.
是啊 你全部露在外面
He loved it though.
他就爱这样
It always made me feel safe seeing those shoes there.
只要看见那双鞋他总是让我有安全感
All over Iraq, Chance was just a big old pair of size-12 shoes looking out for us.
跑遍伊♥拉♥克♥ 钱斯就用那双12号♥破鞋盯着我们
Anyhow, we were driving along.
就这样 我们一直开
Suddenly there’s this huge boom.
突然一声巨响
Out of nowhere, an I.E.D. had gone off in the front of the convoy.
不知从哪儿来的诡雷冲着车队爆开
So I jump out, check on the rest of the vehicles, and…
我下车 检查其余车辆…
it was madness, man.
抓狂式的 老大
There was bullets flying everywhere.
子弹到处乱飞
It was chaos, just total chaos, but…
完全是一阵混乱…
I could hear behind me Chance’s 240 opening up,
就听到我后面的钱斯240机♥枪♥狂扫
just unleashing an ungodly amount of fire on the mujahideen.
是遭遇圣♥战♥组织发动疯狂式自杀攻击
So I thought, “Okay, that part of the convoy’s okay.”
因此我以为钱斯还好 车子没事
He attracted all the fire to himself
他英勇反击吸引到对方的火力
so that the rest of us could take cover,
以掩护其他人找掩蔽
get organized and get out.
让我们重整起来脱离
So after I checked on the first two vehicles,
所以我先去检查前两辆车辆
I run back towards our vehicle, and, uh,
我向后跑向我们自己的车
uh, I could see Chance was shooting all over the place.
我看见钱斯是到处射击
He was up in the air, everywhere. Just erratic, you know? and I yelled at him.
奇怪 他好像在乱射 我对他大叫
I was like, “Jesus, Phelps, Don’t shoot the birds, man.”
靠 老大 费尔普斯 你不要打小鸟
I thought he was trying to scare them or something.
我还以认他是在吓他们还是…
His finger was still on the trigger, shooting,
他的手指黏扳机上 杀红眼式的狂射
But his head was slumped over.
但是他的头被削去一大半
I got a little bit closer, I could see some blood
我靠近一步 我才看见血
coming down the side of his head, and, uh…
另外半边头…
Inside the vehicle, Doc checked his vitals, and, uh,
在车上 医官检查生命迹象
he was gone.
他走了
Six of us held him in our hands
我们6个人用手抱着他
all the way back to the base.
一路回基地
I just keep running it, you know, in my mind, like,
我无时无刻在想
“What could I have done better? what could I have done different?”
如果我有所作为或表现好一点
What do you say to somebody’s
你要怎么安慰告诉别人的妈妈
mom when they tell you,
当时他儿子们的英勇的行为
“It’s not your fault. you couldn’t have done anything.”
这不是你的错 你不需弥补任何事情
I owed it to him to save him.
我欠他一条命
I’m the one who trained him.
他是我带的人
I just can’t believe that I’m here and he’s not.
我就是不能相信我还活着而他走了
I’m glad you’re here, sergeant.
我高兴你还在这里 中士
Thank you, sir.
谢谢 长官
It means a lot coming from you.
你能来它对我们的意义很重大
He’d be so honored knowing such a senior officer brought him home.
钱斯如果知道有位高阶军官送他回家 会感到无比光荣
Sir. Sergeant.
长官 中士
What that kid has to live with.
你说这是谁家的小孩
I should’ve been over there, Charlie.
我希望在那里长大 查理
It wasn’t your time, colonel. It was exactly my time.
这不是你的一生 上校 就是我的一生
I knew the clock was ticking,
我知道时间滴答作响
knew my time was coming up.
我知道是时候了
But I just…
以前 我只是…有种声音
I kept ignoring it, you know?
我一直忽视它 你知道吗?
Except for the middle of the night, when I
每当夜深人静….
would check those casualty lists, just…
我检视这些伤亡名单…
praying that I didn’t recognize any of the names.
祈祷希望不要有我认识的名字
I don’t know, you know. I just, um…
我不知道这 我就是 嗯…
I just got used to seeing my wife and kids every day, and, uh…
我只是每天安逸享受家庭生活 围绕着我的妻子和孩子…
so I put in a request for another office tour,
因此我已经申请调职
and it was granted.
已被准许
They must’ve needed you here.
这里有人需要你留下
No. My friends went.
不 有人会作
Guys I was in Desert Storm with went.
沙漠风暴时就有人接替
I stayed home.
现在我呆在家里
I was trained to fight.
我是军人
If I’m not over there, what am I?
如果我不在战场 我还是战士嘛?
Those guys,
这些人
guys like Chance…
像钱斯一样热血…
They’re marines.
他们是海军陆战队士兵
And you think you’re not?
你以为..你不是吗?
Want to be with your family every night…
想要每天晚上与你的家人…
You think you have to justify that?
你是你自己辩解解脱吗?
You’d better stop right there, sir.
你可以不用说下去 长官
You’ve brought Chance home.
你已经带钱斯回家
You’re his witness now.
你见证这一切
Without a witness, they just disappear.
如果没有这见证 一切作为就枉然
You Chance’s escort?
你是钱斯护卫?
Mike Strobl. John Phelps, Chance’s dad.
麦克史特罗布 约翰·费尔普斯 钱斯的爸爸
Sir.
先生
This is my wife Chris, Chance’s step-mom.
这是我的妻子克里斯 钱斯的继母
Welcome. And Chance’s stepdad Jeff.
欢迎 这位是钱斯的继父杰弗
Colonel. And this is Chance’s sister Kelley,
上校 这是钱斯的妹妹凯利

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!