但我喜欢他
But I like him.
我比他自己还要喜欢他
More than he likes himself, I think.
好吧 但如果你们没有…
Right, but if you’re not…
如果你们没有肉体层面的关系
If there’s no physical aspect to your relationship,
你是不会想
I mean, you don’t want to be, like…
浪费时间的
you know, wasting your time.
什么是选择生活
What’s “Choose Life”?
-什么 -选择生活
– What? – “Choose Life.”
西蒙有时候会说这句话
Simon says it sometimes.
他会说 “维罗妮卡 选择生活”
He says, “Choose life, Veronika.”
选择生活
“Choose life.”
“选择生活”是上世纪八十年代
“Choose life” was a well-meaning slogan
禁毒活动中一句善意的口号♥
from a 1980s antidrug campaign.
我们以前总会往里加点内容
And we used to add things to it.
举个例子 我可能会说 选择…
So I might say, for example, choose…
名牌内衣
Designer lingerie
妄想能给一段死气沉沉的感情
in the vain hope of kicking some life
带来一丝生气
back into a dead relationship.
选择手提包
Choose handbags.
选择高跟鞋
Choose high-heeled shoes.
山羊绒和丝绸让你感受到什么是快乐
Cashmere and silk to make yourself feel what passes for happy.
选择一部由一位跳窗自杀的女人
Choose an iPhone made in China
在中国制♥造♥的iPhone
by a woman who jumped out of a window,
然后把它塞进你那件南亚服装工厂
and stick it in the pocket of your jacket
刚做出的Firetrap牌的夹克口袋里
fresh from a South Asian Firetrap.
选择脸书 推特 快拍 图享
Choose Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram
以及其他一千种方式
and a thousand other ways
对你素不相识的陌生人狂吐苦水
to spew your bile across people you’ve never met.
选择更新你的个人主页
Choose updating your profile.
告诉全世界你早餐吃了什么
Tell the world what you had for breakfast
希望在某个地方有个人能在乎
and hope that someone, somewhere cares.
选择拜访旧情人
Choose looking up old flames,
急于相信你看起来没他们那么糟
desperate to believe that you don’t look as bad as they do.
选择直播从第一次手♥淫♥到最后一次呼吸
Choose live-blogging from your first wank to your last breath.
人际互动沦落到只剩一堆数据
Human interaction reduced to nothing more than data.
选择你之前绝不知道的
Choose ten things you never knew
关于做过手术的名人的十件事
about celebrities who’d had surgery.
选择高声抗♥议♥堕胎
Choose screaming about abortion.
选择强♥奸♥笑话 荡♥妇♥羞辱 色情报复
Choose rape jokes, slut shaming, revenge porn,
以及永无止息的消极厌女情绪的潮流
and an endless tide of depressing misogyny.
选择911事件从未发生过
Choose 9/11 never happened,
如果发生了 就是犹太人干的
and if it did, it was the Jews.
选择零时工合同 需要两小时通勤的工作
Choose a zero-hour contract and a two-hour journey to work,
选择这相同的给你的孩子 只不过要更糟
and choose the same for your kids, only worse.
告诉自己如果这些都没发生会更好
And maybe tell yourself it’s better that they never happened.
然后坐下 用不知道在谁的厨房♥里
And then sit back and smother the pain
制♥造♥出的名字不明剂量未知的毒品
with an unknown dose of an unknown drug
来扼杀那份痛苦
made in somebody’s fucking kitchen.
选择未履行的诺言
Choose unfulfilled promise
希望自己能从头来过
and wishing you’d done it all differently.
选择永远不在自己的错误中吸取教训
Choose never learning from your own mistakes.
选择眼睁睁看着历史重演
Choose watching history repeat itself.
选择渐渐向你能得到的东西妥协
Choose the slow reconciliation towards what you can get
而不是你在一直渴望的东西
rather than what you always hoped for.
退而求其次 还佯装勇敢
Settle for less and keep a brave face on it.
选择失望
Choose disappointment.
选择失去你爱的人
And choose losing the ones you loved.
当他们消失在远处时
And as they fall from view,
你的一部分也跟着他们一起消逝
a piece of you dies with them.
直到未来的某一天你会看见
Until you can see that one day in the future,
他们会一点点全部消失
piece by piece, they will all be gone.
你也落得不知死活
And there’ll be nothing left of you to call alive or dead.
选择你的未来 维罗妮卡
Choose your future, Veronika.
选择生活
Choose life.
不管怎样 我们当时觉得这挺好玩的
Anyway, it amused us at the time.
我喜欢你 马克
I like you, Mark.
爱丁堡廉价商品店
戒瘾
病仔汗流浃背
伟哥

Fuck.
威克斯家具店
你准备干什么
What are you gonna do?
我要去西蒙的妓院当老鸨
I’m going to be the madame in Simon’s bordello.
说真的…
But really…
你准备做什么
What are you gonna do?
我不知道 我该回家了
I don’t know. I should go home.
但是…
But…
一无所有地回家吗
To go home with nothing?
没有学历 没有事业 也没挣钱
No qualification, no career, not even bringing money.
家里有什么
What’s at home?
你懂的
You know.
情感羁绊
Emotional attachment.
就这个
That’s all.
-都搞定了吗 -嗯 你还好吗
– All set? – Yeah, fine. You’re okay?
-当然 -你确定吗
– Aye. – Sure?
-怎么了 -没事
– Why? – Nothing.
怎么了 发生了什么
Why? What’s happened?
没事 我只是…
No, nothing’s happened. I’m just…
我只是很高兴我们能一起工作
I’m just enjoying us working together.
没别的
That’s all.
很好 所以…
Good. So…
-我们进去行吗 -好
– Shall we go in? Right. – Aye.
老天
Jesus.
本项目是一座标志性利斯建筑的
This is the renovation and conversion
翻修与改建
of an iconic Leith building.
我们将其看作是
We see it very much as being
工艺性的住宿与早餐体验
an artisanal bed-and-breakfast experience.
它是独特的旅行目的地
A destination in its own right.
本地艺术家在墙面上完成的作品
Artworks by local artists on the walls.
当地提供的新鲜食材
Locally sourced fresh food.
以及推广计划来激发
Outreach programs to inspire
学龄儿童的创造性思维
children in school to think outside the box.
马克·瑞登
西蒙·威廉姆森
激发他们拥有”我们能行”的信念
To inspire in them a belief that… Yes, they can.
这座港口曾经迎接过
There was a time when this port
来自全球的成千上万艘船
served thousands of ships around the globe.
如今它能再次崛起
Now it can rise again.
相信我们的事业能够起到核心作用
And we believe our business will occupy a central role,
无论是在物质上还是情感上
both physically and emotionally,
都处在利斯重建新潮流的中心
at the heart of this new wave of regeneration in Leith.
利斯2.1
Leith 2.1.
阳光港
不止一杯酒
没错
Exactly.
这些东西以前我们都是用偷的
We used to steal all this stuff.
高级墙纸
Fancy wallpaper.
卖♥♥给中产阶级什么的
Sell on to the middle classes and that.
其实是我和马克过去常偷各种东西
Me and Mark used to steal all kinds of stuff, actually.
直到我们被抓
Till we got caught.
他脱身了 我坐了六个月牢
He got off. I got six months.
但我在牢里发现了我擅长的东西
Still, you find out what you’re good at inside.
伪造签名 这就是我的发现
Signatures… That’s what I found out.
任何人的都行 只要我看过一遍就能仿
Anyone’s. If I seen it once, I can do it.
所以等我出狱的时候 “再见了小偷小摸
So, when I got out, “Bye-bye, shoplifting.
你好啊支票簿 你好啊支票卡”
Hello, checkbook. Hello, check card.”
全靠西联国际汇款公♥司♥
Up to Western Union.
签名一有 现金到手
Signature, cash in hand.
再到斯旺尼家 还清债款 买♥♥点毒品
Up to Swanney’s, pay off my debts, buy some skag.
我就是个便携金矿
I was a portable fucking goldmine.
然后发生了什么
So, what happened?
出现了芯片密♥码♥技术 借记卡和电子银行
Chip and PIN, debit cards, e-banking.
亿万富翁按下按钮就能转移资金
Billionaires moving money at the touch of a button.
就没有我这个老实工匠的发挥空间了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!