是的 给你点建议
for scaring me that early in the morning.
你今天那么早吓着我真该被枪毙
The change Stella wants–it’s not me,
斯黛拉想要改变 不是我
although I’m sure she would like it to be.
虽然我很确信她很希望是我
although I’m sure she would like it to be.
虽然我很确信她很希望是我
Yeah, well, your sources suck.
是啊 你的消息太差劲了
Anyway, it turns out
其实是
that Cyrus’ teenage grandson was whining
塞勒斯的孙又子在抱怨
about how all of today’s films are made for adults,
现在所有的电影都是为成年人制♥作♥的
how there’s nothing for him and his friends.
现在没有为他和他的小伙伴拍的电影
So the old man bitched and moaned to Stella,
所以老爷子就向斯黛拉抱怨
and now we gotta go out
现在我们就得去找
and find the next hippest, hottest thing,
下一个最时髦 最火的东西
you know, something for the kids. Isn’t that great?
你知道 孩子们最喜欢的东西 是不是棒极了?
You got anything?
你那儿有吗?
Great. Send it to me. All right. Bye-bye.
很棒 把它发给我吧 好的 再见
Yeah, what?
有什么事?
Well, I wanted to talk to you about the phone calls.
好的 我想和你谈谈电♥话♥的事情
No apology necessary.
你没有必要道歉
Everyone’s allowed at least one mistake.
每个人至少应该有一次犯错的机会
You’ve used up yours. Let’s not dwell on it.
你已经用完了 我们不要深究了
Well, that’s just it. See, I…
好吧 就是这事 你看 我…
I don’t feel that I made a mistake,
我不觉得我犯了一个错误
and…
而且…
Well, I would appreciate it if you didn’t yell at me
是这样 如果您能不在整个办公室前
in front of the entire office.
对我大吼大叫我会感激不尽
Excuse me. What?
不好意思 什么?
Uh…the–the yelling.
呃…您对我大喊大叫
Uh…
呃…
Oh.
哦
You…disapprove.
你… 有意见
I’m sorry.
不好意思
Did I…
我是不是…
did I hurt your feelings?
我是不是伤到你自尊了?
No. No, no.
没有 没有
Uh… I…
呃… 我…
I just don’t feel that it’s necessary.
我只是觉得这没有必要
It certainly doesn’t help me, and I think that–
这很明显不会帮助我 而且我认为
Well, I’m glad you brought this up.
很好 很高兴你提出来了
Great. Great.
很好 很好
‘Cause I’ve found that an office can’t run…
因为我发现如果办公室里缺乏沟通
properly if the lines if communication aren’t open.
就无法♥正♥常工作
Right, right, yes.
是的 对
So, in that case…
所以 在这种情况下…
let’s make a few things clear.
我们把事情说明白
Ok, great, great. No, this–this is helpful.
好的 太棒了 不 这 这对我会很有帮助的
I mean…
我的意思是说
let’s review.
我们回顾一下
What did I tell you the first day?
我第一天和你说什么了?
Your thoughts are nothing.
你的思想没有任何意义
You are nothing.
你没有任何意义
And yet you have the nerve
但你现在还有胆量
to walk into my office
走进我的办公室
– and tell me– -I…
-然后告诉我… -我…
Please shut up.
请闭嘴
At least allow me the courtesy
至少有点礼貌
of finishing what I have to say.
让我说完我要说的话
That’s the very least that you can do
在我忍♥受你的侮辱之后
after I’ve had to endure your insults.
至少你得做到这一点
This is a bad time.
现在不是谈话的好时机
Who do you think you are, you snot-faced little punk?
你以为你是谁啊? 乳臭未干的小孩
Let me make this clear for you, ok?!
让我和你说清楚 好吗?!
And now try to follow me,
现在试着跟上我的思路
because I’m gonna be moving
因为我会按一个圆形
in a kind of circular motion,
轨迹来阐述
so if you pay attention, there will be a point!
如果你认真听 就会发现里面的核心观点
You are nothing!
你什么都不是!
If you were in my toilet bowl,
如果你在我的抽水马桶里
I wouldn’t bother flushing it.
我会毫不犹豫地把你冲走
My bath mat means more to me than you.
我的浴室防滑垫都比你更重要
You see this?
看到这个了吗?
This means more to the office than you.
这个对于整个办公室来说比你更重要
And yet do you hear any complaints
但你听到它抱怨了吗
when I do this?
当我这么做的时候?
These pencils, more important!
这些铅笔更重要
These pens, more important!
这些钢笔更重要
These paper clips, more important!
这些曲别针更重要
You miserable little crybaby!
你这个可悲的爱哭鬼!
You don’t like it here, leave!
你要是不喜欢这儿 滚蛋!
There are thousands of people who would kill for your spot!
外面有成千上万的人会为了你的岗位挤破头!
Who would kill for the opportunity to be here!
他们会为了在这工作的机会相互残杀!
I could spit and hit somebody who could do this job better than you!
我可以对那些比你更能胜任这份工作的人吐口水 打他们!
This is the fast track to the top, boy.
这是通向顶峰的捷径 小子
I don’t see you breaking any speed records!
我没看见你打破任何记录!
Why can’t you show a little backbone, huh? Huh?
能不能有点骨气 啊? 啊?
“I don’t think the yelling is necessary.”
我不认为有必要大喊大叫
You gotta be a little more thick-skinned, you turd.
给我厚点脸皮 你这呆子
You gotta be a man to do this job!
你得表现得像个男人才能做这份工作!
“Talk to him about the yelling.”
“跟他谈谈大喊大叫的事”
Thanks. That was a good tip.
谢谢啊 真是个好主意
You gotta give action to get action.
你得有所作为才能有所成就
So, Guy, what’s your story?
那么 盖伊 你有什么故事?
Is your uncle Bob in the business?
你的鲍勃叔叔干这行?
Or are you just another boy out for quick cash,
还是你只是想要一夜暴富
quick cars, and an easy lay?
跑车和床伴触手可得?
You hate me. Is that it?
你恨我 是吗?
Y-you really hate me.
你 你真的恨我
No, I’m just feeling extra charitable.
没有 我现在是异常的仁慈慷慨
So, talk. Amuse me. What’s your story?
说吧 让我听听 你有什么故事?
I’m a recent film school graduate
我是一个电影学院的应届毕业生
with fairly disappointed middle-class parents,
来自中产阶级的父母对我很失望
uh…who had hoped their–their son would have been anything but a writer.
他们最不希望我做的事就是成为一名作家
Oh, you’re a writer? Really?
你是作家? 真的?
Yeah.
对
Why, then, Pray tell, are you fetching coffee for Buddy Ackerman?
那么为什么普雷说你现在为巴迪·阿克曼端咖啡?
Fetching? I’m…
端咖啡? 我…
I’m not fetching.
我不是在端咖啡
He–he’s one of the top studio executives in the business.
他是这行里最顶尖的电影公♥司♥经理之一
I’m his–his assistant.
我是他助理
So, basically, you’re substituting talent
所以基本上 你是在用拍须溜马
with liberal amounts of ass kissing, right?
取代你的才华 对吗?
Ok.
好吧
Well…
那个…
I’ve taken just about enough character assassination
我今天受够了人身攻击
for one day. Thank you for–
谢谢你…
Would you please sit down?
你能坐下吗?
Sit.
坐下
Look, if this time can be spent convincing you
听着 如果这些时间能用来说服你
to do anything else with your life,
用你的人生去做其他事情
to getting out while you are still whole,
从这里全身而退
it is time well spent.
那这些时间就花得值
Let me ask you a question.
让我问你一个问题
Why do you want this?
你为什么想做这个?
I don’t know. It’s just something
我不知道 这就是
that I have always wanted to do.
我一直想要做的事情
Oh, bullshit. Is it the money?
噢 屁话 为了钱吗?
There are easier ways to get rich. Girls?
还有更容易的方法致富 为女人?
Hey, I’ll float you a bill
我会马上给你开张支票
and give you a number to call right now.
再给你一个电♥话♥号♥码
Why the movies?
为什么选电影?
Do you really want to know?