就…
“Would you like that…
“您想要…
“in a pump…
“浅口鞋…”
or a loafer?”
还是拖鞋?”
Good. Now memorize it, because as of tomorrow,
很好 记住它 因为明天开始
the only job you’re going to be able to get
你要做的工作就是
is selling shoes!
卖♥♥鞋!
Well, I–I, uh–ahem.
呃 我–我 呃
Shh, shh, shh.
嘘 嘘 嘘
Rob’s calling again on line one.
罗伯又来电♥话♥了 在一号♥线
Yo, Rob, look, I’m busy now.
喂 罗伯 听着 我现在很忙
I can’t really–
真的没时间–
Well, I’m glad you see it my way…
好 我很高兴你肯站在我的角度….
Now.
现在
Hey, look, we all have our misunderstandings.
嘿 听我说 我们对彼此都有误解
Just get it done.
说清楚就是没事了
Where’s Stella, and what’s my schedule?
斯黛拉在哪儿 日程表呢?
She hung up, and they want you down in the staff meeting right away.
她挂了 他们要你马上去开员工会议
They start yet?
开始了吗?
No. They’ve been waiting for you for about 15 minutes.
没有 他们已经等你等了将近15分钟了
Good.
很好
Let me tell you something, Guy, and learn from this–
我告诉你一件事 盖伊 你要学着–
if they can’t start a meeting without you,
如果没有你他们就没法开会
well, that’s a meeting worth going to, isn’t it?
那么 这个会议就值得一去 不是吗?
And that’s the only kind of meeting
那才是唯一
you should ever concern yourselves with.
你应该关心的会议
File this!
把这个整理好!
What’s next?
然后是什么?
Her name is Mitzy.
她叫米琪
Mitzy.
米琪
I like that.
我喜欢
Ok, let’s do it.
好 叫她进来
Mitzy. Hi.
嗨 米琪
Buddy Ackerman, senior executive
巴迪·阿克曼 我是公♥司♥的
vice president of production.
高级执行副总裁
I couldn’t help it. I saw you
你的美丽让我无法忘怀
in the lobby on my way in.
我进来的时候在大厅里看见你了
I’m on my way to an important meeting,
我现在要去开一个非常重要的会
and… I can just tell
而且… 我看得出来
that there are enormous opportunities
我们之间有非常多的
for the both of us,
合作机会
and I will pull myself out of this meeting
如果你可以等我10分钟的话
if you can bear just waiting 10 minutes.
我很快就会回来
Because I would love it if you and I can just…
因为我非常乐意和你坐下来
sit and chat.
好好谈谈
Would that be possible?
这样可以吗?
Oh, that’s great.
哦 这太棒了
Now, if you need anything, you just ask these 2 boys here. Ok?
好 你如果需要任何东西你就问在这边的两位 好吗?
Keep her happy. All right?
别让她失望 好吗?
Why don’t you just go sit down,
要不你去坐下
and I’ll be right back.
我马上回来
Where’s my fuckin’ coffee?
我的咖啡他妈的在哪?
Oh, coffee. Coffee, Coffee. Coffee.
哦 咖啡 咖啡在哪 咖啡 咖啡
Buddy Ackerman’s office.
这里是巴迪·阿克曼的办公室
Can you please hold?
别挂断 稍等一下行嘛?
Cream, sugar. Sweet’n low.
给我奶精和糖 糖要代糖
Swee…
代…
sweet’n low,sweet’n low.
代糖 代糖
Come on, people!
你们快点!
I’m late for a meeting here!
我开会要迟到了!
Let’s go, go, go, go, go, go!
快点 快点 快点 快点 快点 快点!
Excuse me. What is this?
不好意思 这是什么?
Sweet’n low?
代糖?
No.
不
This is not sweet’n low.
这不是甜甜健牌的
This is Equal. Blue packet.
这是怡口牌的 蓝包装
Sweet’n low is pink.
甜甜健的包装是粉色的
See?
看到了吗?
Equal–blue. Sweet’n low–pink.
怡口是蓝色的 甜甜健是粉色的
It’s not the same thing, is it?
这难道是同样的东西?
Uh, well, I…
呃 好吧 我…
I think they both contain the same–
我觉得它们应该含有一样的–
What equal contains is not my concern here.
怡口糖里面有什么和我无关
I don’t care if it has fucking fairy dust in it.
我不关心里面是不是有他妈的仙尘
What I am concerned with is detail.
我关心的是细节
I asked you to go get me a packet of sweet’n low,you bringing me an equal
我让你帮我拿一包甜甜健牌的糖包,你却给我一包怡口糖
that isn’t what I asked for, that isn’t what I wanted,
这可不是我说的 这也不是我要的
that isn’t what I needed, and that shit
更不是我需要的 那废物
isn’t gonna work around here.
在这没用
I–I just thought…
我–我只是以为…
You thought.
你以为
Do me a fucking favor.
麻烦你♥他♥妈♥的帮我个忙
Shut up, listen, and learn.
闭嘴 听好 学着点
Look, I know that this is your first day
听着 我知道这是你第一天工作
and you don’t really know how things work around here,
你确实不知道这里是什么样的
so I will tell you.
所以我会告诉你
You…
你..
have…
不…
no…
需要…
brain.
大脑
No judgment calls are necessary.
你的任何决策和判断都是没有必要的
What you think means nothing.
你的想法没有任何意义
What you feel means nothing.
你的感受没有任何意义
You are here for me.
你来这就是为我服务
You are here to protect my interests
你来这是为了保护我的利益
and to serve my needs.
并满足我的需求
So while it may look like a little thing to you…
所以这对你来说可能是件小事…
When I ask for a packet of sweet’n low…
当我问你要一袋甜甜健牌的糖…
that’s what I want.
那就是我想要的
And it is your responsibility now
而你现在的职责就是
to see that I get what I want.
确保我得到我所想要的
Am I clear?
我说的够清楚吗?
Y-yes, sir.
是-是的 老板
Good. I’m not trying to be cruel. I’m just trying to help.
很好 我并不是对你太残忍♥ 我只是想要帮你
Because if you do this job right,
因为如果你做好这份工作
if you listen and learn,
你好好听好好学
then you’re gonna be able to do
然后你就有机会在这座城里去做
anything you want in this town.
任何你想做的事情
You can have whatever you want.
拥有任何你想要的东西
I mean, look at Rex here. A V.P. at Paramount. Ha!
我的意思是 看看雷克斯 人家是派拉蒙的副总监 哈哈!
“Rex.” What a name. Belongs to a mutt.
“雷克斯” 是多么响亮的一个名字 用在一个蠢蛋身上
I mean, if I can get dog boy here a job,
如果遛狗的小孩儿也能在这工作的话
you’re gonna do just fine.
那你做的也会不错的
I fucked up.
我搞砸了
I fuck–fuck!
我他妈的搞砸了
It’s over.
都结束了
Relax.
放轻松
He does that a lot.
他经常这么做
Tomorrow, he’ll ask you for an equal.
明天 他会问你要一包怡口糖
You can’t win.
你赢不了他的
It’s a lose-lose situation.
只可能你输到底
Well, does it still happen to you?
好吧 这经常发生在你身上?
Daily.
每天一次
Actually, hourly.
事实上 每个小时一次
Look…every day
听着…其实每天
is something completely different.
都是完全不一样的
Nothing is ever the same.
在这没有任何东西是一成不变的
What he wants, what he needs
他所想要的, 他所需要的
can change in a second.
可以在一秒钟内变化
The trick is to have everything ready.
技巧在于, 准备好所有的东西
Anticipate.