No. I actually sat down to give Leo an item.
你这下可有素材可用了
Leo, he wants to give you an item.
-别闷闷不乐了 -管好你自己吧
-Don’t be sullen. -Would you mind your own business?
瞧这独♥裁♥样
Hitler.
你真要用的话 别提名字
In case you want to use it, it’s, uh, blind. No names mentioned.
私下告诉你 那人叫达拉斯
For your private information, the guy’s name is Dallas.
没有一个名字 能让我看得上的
There’s not a single name here that gives off vibrations.
有没有叫”卖♥♥烟女” 之类的
Is there anything with a name like Cigarette Girl?
卖♥♥烟女…没有
Uh, Cigarette Girl… no.
没有这种名字
There’s no name here like that.
-我不刊登匿名素材 -你俩在玩什么把戏
-I don’t print blind items. -What is this, chess or checkers?
汉塞克也是
Neither does Hunsecker.
喜欢用真名实姓
He likes to use the real names.
-服务员 买♥♥单 -干嘛急着要走 怎么回事
-Waiter, the check. -Why are we running? What am I missing here?
这人在”拿枪” 要挟我
This man is trying to hold a gun to my head.
枪 第五道的赛马叫”猎枪”
Shotgun! That’s the horse. Shotgun in the fifth.
-什么…-你想告诉我太太什么
-Wha… -You wanna tell my wife something. What? What, Sidney?
他想说 你把香槟洒得到处是
He wants to tell you you spilled champagne all over.
告诉她啊
Go on, tell her.
干嘛这么激动 疯了吗 冷静点
What are you getting excited about? Are you nuts? Calm down.
抱歉 洛蕊 我不能坐等这人勒索
Sorry, Lorrie. I can’t let this man blackmail me.
勒索
Blackmail?
想逼我发一篇 诽谤的报导…
Wants me to print a dirty little smear item…
-作为他闭嘴的条件 -把柄是什么
-in exchange for keeping his mouth shut. -About what?
太蠢了 洛蕊 我…
Foolishly, Lorrie, I…
希望你能理解 那个卖♥♥烟女…
I hope you’ll understand that… This cigarette girl…
那女孩的事我是开玩笑的
I-I was kidding around. With the girl, I mean.
我开玩笑 她当真了
I was kidding. She took it seriously.
是我判断失误
A case of bad judgment.
实在低俗
Bad taste.
除了抱歉我无话可说
I’m just sorry, that’s all.
你的朋友汉塞克…
And your friend Hunsecker…
帮我转告他 他就是这行业的耻辱
You tell him for me he’s a disgrace to his profession.
别管我的私生活 有多糟糕
Never mind about my… my bilious private life.
我的专栏起码正大光明 并坚守这一原则
I run a decent, responsible column. That’s the way it stays.
而你那朋友什么都登
Your man prints anything!
为了炒作他那堆垃圾 肆意添油加醋
He’ll use any spice to pepper up his daily garbage!
你告诉他我就这么说的
You tell him I said so!
告诉他 他和你一样品行堕落
Tell him that, like yourself, he’s got the scruples of a guinea pig…
道德败坏
and the morals of a gangster.
我该怎么回应你 高唱国歌♥吗
What do I do now? Whistle “Stars and Stripes Forever”?
你可以像母鸡那样咕咕叫了
What you do now, Mr. Falco, is crow like a hen.
因为蛋都下完了
You have just laid an egg.
李奥 这是我几年来第一次见你做了件 正直的事
Leo, this is the first clean thing I’ve seen you do in years.
埃维尔先生想见你 法科先生
Mr. Elwell wants to see you, Mr. Falco.
我看见你被巴萨 冷嘲热讽了一番
I see Bartha gave you cold tongue for supper.
我跟贵妇深夜有约
I got a late date with a dame…
-等等 -奥蒂斯 别把这场架
-Wait a minute. -Look, Otis, if you’re trying to blow this brawl
搬上你的专栏 休想
into an item for your column, forget it!
对了 我听说杰哥摆了你一道
By the way, what’s this I hear about J.J. giving you the flit-gun treatment?
他的专栏封♥杀♥你了
He’s shut you out of his column.
为什么
Why?
你还不了解那个疯子
You don’t know that lunatic yet?
自大成狂 得意忘形
Whims, whims. Egotistic whims.
有他当朋友 连敌人都不需要了
You got him for a friend, you don’t need an enemy.
我就是跟李奥在抱怨这个
That’s what my beef with Leo Bartha was about.
我说”杰哥封♥杀♥我 可我这月只能先忍♥气吞声
“Leo,” I says, “J.J. froze me out, so I’m eating humble pie this month.
求求你刊登我的素材”
Please, please print me an item.”
结果他却当面给了你一耳光
And instead he printed his heel in your face, hmm?
-你可真有同情心 -想开点吧 希尼
-You’re full of human feelings. -Turn the record over, Sidney.
和所有人一样 我无聊得很 为找找乐我肯费大力气
Like most of the human race, I’m bored. I’d go a mile for a chuckle.
-或是多费些力气泡泡妞吧 -再多些都行
-Or two miles for a pretty girl. -Three.
这么说你跟汉塞克是闹翻了
Then you’re really washed up with Hunsecker, huh?
我们已经闹翻到 这个程度了
This is how much I’m washed up with Hunsecker.
奥蒂斯 我不否认自己私生活不检点
Look, Otis, I make no brief about my bilious private life…
但他也品行堕落道德败坏
but he’s got the morals of a guinea pig and the scruples of a gangster.
真是份绝佳的猛料
A fine, fat, dirty item.
关于谁的
Who’s it about?
一个叫达拉斯的小子
Um, a kid named Dallas.
是个爵士乐队的领头…
He runs a dinky jazz quintet…
也恰巧是杰哥那怪妹妹的情人
but he happens to be keeping company with J.J.’s screwball sister.
如果你也想整杰哥 这可是好机会
It’s a real goody if, like me, you wanna clobber J.J.
他明天有电视节目 可以让他在彩排前看到
He’s got his T.V. tomorrow. He’d read it before rehearsals.
我的确想整杰哥
I want to clobber J.J.
问题是 我想不出任何好理由
Trouble is, I can’t think of a good reason
来刊登你提供的素材
why I should print anything you give me.
连坏理由都想不出
I can’t even think of a bad reason.
不如我给你一个”可爱” 的理由…
Suppose I introduce you to a, a lovely reason…
既好又坏…
that’s both good and bad…
并且现在有空
and available.
我不是 不通情达理的人
I’m not an unreasonable man.

Hi.
丽塔 这位是奥蒂斯·埃维尔
Rita, say hello to Otis Elwell.
你好
Hello.
你好 朋友们都叫我奥蒂斯
Hello. My friends call me Otis.
有时是”狡猾” 的奥蒂斯
Sometimes “Tricky Otis.”
我跟他说起范·克里夫要解雇你的事 奥蒂斯气坏了
Otis was real outraged when I told him Van Cleve was going to fire you.
-是吗 -嗯哼
-He… He was? -Uh-huh.
-我以前在哪见过你来着 -奥蒂斯
-Don’t I know you from somewhere? -Otis.
在萨♥拉♥托♥加♥
Saratoga.
-去年夏天吧 -放轻松
-Last summer? -Relax, relax.
拜托你那迷人的双腿 别像灌了铅似的
Come on, take the weight off those lovely gams, huh?
来 我给你弄了杯酒
Look, I fixed you a drink.
没错 放轻松 丽塔
Sure. Relax, Rita.
看着我时 就把我当作是你朋友
When you look at me, you look at a friend in disguise.
在迈阿密海滩
Miami Beach?
除了小时候那次 我就再没去过弗罗里达
Haven’t been to Florida since I was a little girl.
好吧 那我们就敬年少无知的岁月…
Well, here’s to the time when we played with dolls…
以及天真纯洁的梦想
and, uh, dreamed of better things.
给我吧 奥蒂斯
Here, Otis.
你这里很舒适嘛 希尼
A cozy place you’ve got here, Sidney.
-随便坐 -不错不错…
-Make yourself at home. -Nice, nice.
还很温馨
And snug.
奥蒂斯的话 在你老板那可是很有分量的
Otis carries a lot of weight with your boss, honey.
他会让他别胡乱听信…
He’s gonna tell him not to pay any attention to anything…
“某个人”说的”某些事”
you know who says about you-know-what.
-对吗 奥蒂斯 -没错
-Right, Otis? -Right.
我是唐·哈洛维…
And now this is Don Holloway…
你们何不单独聊聊这事 我去去就回
Why don’t you two talk it over until, uh, until I get back?
整晚为您送上美妙的音乐
music for your all-night listening pleasure.
-去去就回 -你也知道有些生意…
-Back? -Yes, you know these business meetings…
经常要大半夜的去谈
always coming up in the middle of the night.
等等
Hold on.
那你就捎我一程吧
You can drop me off on your way!
-看来惊慌失措了 -奥蒂斯…
-Consternation reigns. -Now, Otis…
我恨杰哥 但现在没那么强烈了
I hate J.J., but not that much at this moment.
给我个机会吧 给个机会
L-Look, gimme a chance, huh? Gimme a chance.
你难道不知那人是谁
D-Don’t you know who that man is?
-知道 奥蒂斯 专栏作家 -是啊
-Yeah. Otis Elwell, the columnist. -Yeah.
而且对我来说就是个陌生人
And he’s a perfect stranger to me.
那就赶紧跟他混熟啊
So take five minutes. Get acquainted.
他可是个大人物
He’s an important man.
还正好需要人陪 别傻了你
He’s lonely. Don’t be dumb!
你这是要怎样 让我跟戈黛娃夫人一样出♥卖♥♥♥肉体
What do you want all of a sudden? Lady Godiva?
我的另一只鞋呢
Where’s my other shoe?
你唱的这是哪一出
What kind of an act is this?
考虑过我的感受没 你当我是什么
Don’t you think I have any feelings? What am I?
我的衣服跟橘子皮似的 能随意剥掉
A-A bowl of fruit? A-A tangerine that peels in a minute?
请您恕罪 这样你满意了吧
I beg your pardon. How do you like this?
我费尽心思帮你 现在倒成坏人了
I turn myself inside out to do you a favor, and now I’m the heavy.
给你鞋

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!