长途电♥话♥ 韦恩先生
Long distance, Mr. Wayne.
他们找不到沃尔特·温切尔 这是一个叫弗莱迪的秘书
They can’t find Walter Winchell. This is some secretary named Friday.
你好?
Hello?
是的 我是..
Yeah. Well, this is…
温切尔先生什么时候回来?
Well, when will Mr. Winchell be in?
不 我代表亚历山德拉·德·拉戈..
No. Well, I’m calling for Alexandra Del Lago, who’s…
消失了?哦 不 夫人
Disappeared? Oh, no, ma’am.
她 她一直在美国寻找新面孔
She… She has been searching America for new faces…
她已经找到了 并签署了一份私人合同
…and she has found them, and she has signed them to a personal contract.
是的 她正在制♥作♥的这部电影
Yeah, well, see, she’s producing this film…
叫做《青春》
…called Youth.
是的
Yeah.
主演是钱斯·韦恩
Starring Chance Wayne…
海文丽·芬利
…and Heavenly Finley.
是的 他们明天要去好莱坞
Yeah. They’re leaving for Hollywood tomorrow.
嘿 铅笔 谢谢
Boy? Pencil. Please.
公主现在不能接电♥话♥ 她出去了
Well, the princess is unable to come to the phone right now. She’s out.
不 出去散步
No, out for a walk.
嗯 当然 明天随时回电
Well, sure. Call any time tomorrow.
谢谢
Thank you.
接线员?你能再接下芬利住♥宅♥吗?
Operator? Say, would you try the Finley residence again?
晚安市长 晚安诺里斯夫人
Good night, mayor. Good night, Mrs. Norris.
再见市长 我来接 查尔斯
Bye, mayor. I’ll get it, Charles.
你好
Hello.
你是谁?
Well, who’s calling?
听我说你这个混♥蛋♥
Now, listen to me, you lousy son of a…
你天生就有个坏脾气
Boy, you just got a natural talent for being mean and ornery.
你想让我喜欢这个懦夫?
You want me to like this yellow-bellied…?
如果你能过过脑子我会很感激的
I’d be grateful if you’d think for once.
过过脑子?乔治告诉我那个小白脸回来了
What’s to think about? George told me lover-boy came back…
你已经告诉我乔治说了什么
You already told me what George said.
但假如韦恩先生不是碰巧回来的
But supposing Mr. Wayne didn’t just happen to come back.
假设他是被派来的
Supposing he was sent for.
派来给海文丽和我身上抹黑的
To smear his stink over Heavenly and over me.
这难道不是一个理由来..?
Isn’t that a reason to go and…?
但假设他只是路过
But supposing he is just passing through.
-到底是哪个? -你去给我找出来
– Well, which is it? – That’s what you’re gonna go find out.
-查尔斯 -是的 先生?
– Charles. – Yes, sir?
-海文丽在哪里? -她在海滩 先生
– Where’s Heavenly? – She’s down at the beach, sir.
准备一套西装和衬衫 我今晚要去镇上
Lay out a suit and shirt. I’m going into town tonight.
-是的 先生 -爸
– Yes, sir. – Pa.
快去给我查出来
Get the lead out, boy.
爸 你说要退出芬利青年俱乐部 不是真的吧?
Pa, you didn’t mean what you said about disowning the Finley Youth Clubs?
在你对教授做了那些好事之后 我不得不这么做
After what you did to the professor? I’ve got to.
烧书 万圣节面具 你真是太蠢了 小子
Burning books, Halloween masks. You’re just plain stupid, boy.
至少你可以戴个白色兜帽 烧一个十字架
Least you could’ve worn white hoods and burned a cross.
-三K党会被指责 -哦天
– The Klan would’ve been blamed. – Oh, my.
你最好停止发笑 否则我把你关进疯人院
You better stop laughing at nothing or you’ll end up in a nuthouse.
没有我 你不会赢得上次选举
Without me you wouldn’t have won the election…
你也不会赢得这次选举
…and you’re not gonna win this one.
-胡说 -我给你带了更多头条新闻
– Bull. – I got you more headlines…
比上次竞选还要多 -的确
…than the last campaign… – You sure did.
一次是酒后驾车
一次是单身派对 花了我5000美元来掩盖
Once for drunk driving and once for a stag party cost me $5000 to hush it up.
诺妮
Nonnie.
嘿 你
Hey, you.
对 就是你
Yeah, you.
海文丽一个人在海滩上做什么?
What’s Heavenly doing down on the beach alone?
只是想一个人待着 我猜
Just trying to be alone, I guess.
你确定你没安排她和韦恩先生见面?
Sure you ain’t arranged a meeting between her and Mr. Wayne?
-没有 汤姆 -但你告诉她他回来了
– No, Tom. – But you did tell her he was back.
-是的 汤姆 -姐姐
– Yes, Tom. – Sister-in-law…
你要对很多事负责
…you got a powerful lot to answer for.
你喜欢钱斯·韦恩
You favored Chance Wayne…
鼓励 帮助和教唆他腐♥败♥我的女儿
…encouraged, aided and abetted in his corruption of my baby.
那孩子永远不会
That boy never could…
永远不会故意伤害她
Could never knowingly harm her.
你就像你死去的妹妹一样
You’re like your dead sister.
那么容易上当
Gullible.
你好 亲爱的
Hello, honey.
我不喜欢你一个人在这里
I don’t like you out here all alone.
为什么 爸爸?怕他会来吗?
Why, Papa? Afraid he might come along?
-谁会来? -哦 爸爸
– Who might come along? – Oh, Papa.
-我只是担心你 担心 -真感人 爸爸
– I’m concerned, that’s all. For you. – That is very touching, Papa.
我只是想让我的孩子不再受到伤害
I’m only trying to save my baby from being hurt ever again.
如何?逼我嫁给乔治·斯卡德医生?
How? By insisting I marry Dr. George Scudder?
在他之前 你的生意需要一个50岁的钱袋子吗?
And before him, a 50-year-old moneybags you needed for your business?
我?出♥卖♥♥♥我的亲骨肉?
Me? Sell my own flesh and blood?
不止一次
More than once.
还记得德州石油大亨吗?记得华盛顿的大人物吗?
Remember the Texas oil tycoon? And the Washington wheel?
他们都很富有 他们都很重要
All of them rich, all of them important.
他们每个人都对你有强烈的感情
Every one of them had a powerful feeling for you.
曾经 你可以救我的 爸爸
There was a time when you could’ve saved me, Papa…
在我们年轻干净的时候 让我嫁给钱斯
…by letting me marry Chance, when we were both young and clean.
如果他那么爱你 他当初为什么要跑掉?
If he loved you so much, why’d he run off in the first place?
你告诉他他不够好
You told him he wasn’t good enough.
你把他赶走 跟那些大人物竞争
You drove him away to compete with all those big shots.
-重点是 他走了 -是的 他努力过
– The point is, he went. – Yes, and he tried.
他是如何努力的!
Oh, how he tried.
正确的门打不开的时候
And when the right doors wouldn’t open…
他就走错了门
…he went in the wrong ones.
别吵了 宝贝
Oh, don’t let’s fight, sugar.
不要你和我 不要在我需要你的时候
Not you and me. Not when I need you.
为什么 爸爸?你现在打算怎么利用我?
For what, Papa? What are you planning to use me for now?
为什么 亲爱的 自从你的天使妈妈从我身边被带走
Why, honey, ever since your angel mama was took away from me…
我把我全部的爱都给了你和你哥哥
…you and your brother are all I got in the world to give my love to.
-这对露西小姐来说不太好 -露西小姐是谁?
– That doesn’t speak well for Miss Lucy. – Who is Miss Lucy?
这对她来说当然不是个好消息
That certainly doesn’t speak well for her.
我从没听说过露西小姐
I ain’t never heard of no Miss Lucy.
你从没听说过你在50美元一天的套房♥里养着一个女人吗?
You never heard of the woman you keep in a $50-a-day suite of rooms…
就在皇家棕榈酒店?
…at the Regal Palms Hotel?
把她的衣服和美容费用记在你的账上?
That charges her clothes and beauty treatments to your account?
你居然说 谁是露西小姐?
And you say, “Who is Miss Lucy?”
好吧保留你的爱吧 爸爸
把你花在这个你从没听说过的女人身上的钱
Well, keep your love, Papa. Just give me 10 percent of the fortune you spend…
只要给我百分之十 -闭上你的嘴
…on this woman you never heard of. – You keep your mouth shut.
-你最好叫露西小姐闭嘴 -你给我闭嘴
– You better tell that to Miss Lucy. – You keep your mouth shut.
她甚至都没说你的好话 爸爸
She doesn’t speak very well of you, Papa.
-她说你不是个好情人 -谁说露西小姐这么说的?
– She says you’re not much of a lover. – Who says Miss Lucy says that?
她在酒店酒吧的女厕所用口红写的
She wrote it with lipstick in the ladies’ room at the hotel bar.
写什么
Wrote what?
她写道 芬利老板达不到需求
She wrote, “Boss Finley can’t cut the mustard.”
这是一个荒谬的谎言
That is a ridiculous lie.
哦爸爸 我知道 每个人都知道
Oh, Papa. I know and everyone knows…
露西小姐早在妈妈去世之前就是你的情妇
…that Miss Lucy was your mistress long before Mama died.
我从来没有伤害过你妈妈 上帝作证
I never harmed your mother, as God is my judge.
小心点爸爸 审判日可能是任何一天
Careful, Papa. Judgment Day might be any day.
你听着 你这个忘恩负义的贱♥货♥
You listen to me, you ungrateful, hypocritical slut.
上周 在州首府 当我谈到女性贞洁
Last week, in the state capital, when I was speaking on the menace…
受到的威胁时 一个质问者几乎引起一场骚乱
…to the chastity of womanhood, a heckler almost caused a riot.
你知道他喊了什么吗?
You know what he hollered?
嘿 芬利老板 你的女儿怎么样?她的贞操怎么样?
“Hey, Boss Finley, how about your daughter? How about her chastity?”
这是个诚实的问题 爸爸 你诚实的回答是什么?
An honest question, Papa. What was your honest answer?
这就是我的回答
That was my answer.
你对权力有一种幻觉 老板
You have got an illusion of power, Boss.
我有权力 这不是幻觉
I have power, and that is no illusion.
你不会明白我在为自己的生命而战
You just won’t realize that I’m fighting for my life.
我不会再让你难堪了爸爸
I won’t embarrass you any more, Papa.
-我要走了 今晚 如果你愿意 -你哪儿也不能去
– I’ll go away. Tonight, if you like. – You’re going nowhere.
-你要嫁给乔治·斯卡德 -不 爸爸 我不会
– You’re marrying George Scudder. – No, Papa, I’m not.
-我们明天再讨论 -不
– We’ll discuss it tomorrow. – No.