不 先生 只要你支持
No, sir. Not so long as you support…
一群青年俱乐部的少年犯团伙
…a gang of juvenile delinquents called Youth Clubs…
可以随意制♥造♥混乱 -住嘴!
– With a free hand to commit mayhem. – Hold it!
也许你是对的
Now, maybe you’re right.
也许 只是也许
And maybe, just maybe…
芬利青年俱乐部也参与了那次狂欢
…the Finley Youth Club was mixed up in that shindig.
所以 我将公开否认
That’s why I’m gonna publicly disavow, disown…
把我的名字从芬利青年俱乐部清除
…and remove my name from the Finley Youth Club.
如果我的亲儿子是其中一个暴徒
And if my own flesh and blood was one of them hoodlums…
他也要付出代价 尽管这会
…he’s gonna pay, even though it brings shame on the memory…
让他死去的母亲蒙羞 愿她安息
…of his dead mother. God rest her soul.
他们说我偷了石油开采权
They say I stole the oil rights.
好吧 如果我这样做 也是为了我的州 我的人♥民♥
Well, if I did, I stole it for my state and my people.
我和化肥公♥司♥战斗
I also fought the fertilizer trust.
我降低税收 我从芝加哥肉类加工厂拯救我们的养猪人
I lowered taxes. I saved our hog-raisers from the Chicago meatpackers.
很多人喜欢我做的事 但他们不喜欢我做的方式
A lot of folks like what I did but they don’t like the way I did it.
但是如果一群猪就是不肯从你的花♥园♥里出来 无论你怎么叫喊
But if a bunch of hogs won’t come out of your garden when you holler:
那么你就必须使用猪能理解的语言和方法
Then you’ve gotta use language and methods that hogs and pigs understand.
你明白吗 本?
Do you understand, Ben?
嗨 马提尼加冰块
Hi. Martini on the rocks.
有电♥话♥找钱斯·韦恩吗?
Say, you get any phone calls here for Chance Wayne?
没有先生
No, sir.
接线员?我想打个长途电♥话♥
Operator? I’d like to place a long-distance phone call…
致卢埃拉·帕森斯小姐
…to Miss Louella Parsons.
没错 指定电♥话♥ 我是钱斯·韦恩
That’s right. Person-to-person, from me, Chance Wayne.
是的 卢埃拉·帕森斯小姐 著名电影专栏作家
Yes, Miss Louella Parsons, the famous movie columnist.
在好莱坞 号♥码是克雷斯特维 1-4222
In Hollywood. The number is Crestview 1-4222.
好的 谢谢
Fine. Thank you.
老兄 你不知道只有老土 才喝杜松子马提尼加橄榄吗?
Oh, man, don’t you know only squares drink gin martinis with olives?
两杯杜松子马提尼酒 谢谢
May we have a couple of gin martinis, please?
你没听到他说?只有老土才喝杜松子酒
Didn’t you hear the man? Only squares drink gin.
等等 勒罗伊 给我来两杯杜松子马提尼..
Wait a minute. Leroy. Could you make that a couple of gin martinis…
加老土橄榄 -斯科特
…with square olives. – Scotty.
-你好 巴德 -嗨
– Well, how are you? Bud. – Hi.
是那只和杰恩·曼斯菲尔德做♥爱♥的手吗?
Is that the hand that made love to Jayne Mansfield?
啊 我希望你没洗手
Gee, I hope you didn’t wash that hand.
我正要给你们打电♥话♥
Gee, I was about ready to phone you guys.
勒罗伊 你知道这是钱斯·韦恩..
Leroy, did you know this is Chance Wayne…
好莱坞和百老汇的名人吗?
…the famous Hollywood and Broadway celebrity?
-真的? -当然
– Really? – Sure.
所有的酒保都成了电影明星
All bartenders become movie stars.
对吧 钱斯?
Right, Chance?
哦 他想说的是
Oh, well… What he’s trying to say is that…
我以前也是做你这个的
…I had your job for too long.
你穿的制♥服♥就是我设计的
You know, I designed that uniform you’ve got on.
复♥制♥的加里·格兰特在《外国♥军♥团》里穿的衣服
I copied it from an outfit Cary Grant wore in this Foreign Legion picture.
-你穿起来真漂亮 孩子 -真的?
– Looks great on you, kid. – Really?
说真的伙计们 能回来真好
But kidding aside, fellas, it is great to be back.
卢埃拉·帕森斯不接电♥话♥
Louella Parsons don’t answer.
她知道是钱斯·韦恩打来的吗?
She know it’s Chance Wayne calling?
接线员?那就试试..
Operator? Yeah, well, then try…
沃尔特·温切尔先生
Try Mr. Walter Winchell.
小黑本
Little black book.
在纽约的..
In New York at the Pla…
哦 不 他在好莱坞
Oh, no, he’s… He’s in Hollywood.
试试罗曼诺夫的
Try Romanoff’s.
是的 或者 奥佩蒂·让
Yeah. Or Au Petit Jean.
谢谢
Thank you, ma’am.
大家再来一杯 我请
Another round for everybody, on me.
嘿伙计 我打赌你那小黑本里
Hey, man. I’ll bet you got some…
有很多漂亮的号♥码 对吧?
…snappy numbers in that little black book, huh?
最棒的
The best.
但你打电♥话♥的时候 他们常常不在
But they’re not always in when you call.
听着 我明晚要办个派对
Listen, I’m throwing a party tomorrow night.
老朋友们 为科斯莫诺波利斯公主..
The old crowd, for Princess Kosmonopolis…
皇室吗?
Royalty?
-如假包换 -耶
– In every way. – Yeah.
不 我的意思是 这主要是给海文丽的惊喜派对
No, I mean, it’s mostly a surprise party for Heavenly.
我打赌她老爸一定会很惊讶
Well, I bet her old man will be plenty surprised.
-什么时候? -我们不能去
– What time? – We can’t.
-哦 有电视集♥会♥ -为芬利老板
– Oh, the TV rally. – For Boss Finley.
嘿杰基 如果一个非常重要的..
Hey, Jackie. How about a fanfare for a very important…
-杰基! -对于一个非常..
– Jackie! – For a very…
嘿!
Hey!
谢谢
Thanks…
谢谢你记得我们的歌♥ -永远
…for remembering our song. – Anytime.
-这是专门为你写的吗 韦恩先生? -别那么老土
– Was it written just for you, Mr. Wayne? – Don’t be square, man.
你不知道所有的恋人都有一首主题歌♥吗?
Don’t you know that all lovers got a theme song?
不好意思
Excuse me.
-唱吧 钱斯 -为我们的明星干杯
– Sing it, Chance. – Here’s to the star of our crowd.
为成功的人干杯
Here’s to the man who made good.
钱斯·韦恩
Chance Wayne…
将做一个向前跳水 燕式跳
… will do a front-dive layout. Swan dive.
谢谢你小伙子 坐下
Thank you, laddie. Sit down.
你自己不喝吗?
Not a drinking man yourself?
-哦不 先生 -好吧 祝你快乐
– Oh, no, sir. – Well, happy days.
需要天赋才能调出这样美味的东西
Takes talent to whip up something soothing like that.
是的
Yeah…
你确实有很多天赋 小伙子
…you sure got all kinds of talent, laddie.
你喜欢海文丽吧?
You like Heavenly, don’t you?
-我爱她 -当然 我们都爱她
– I love her. – Sure you do. We both love her.
-是的 先生 -想娶她吗?
– Yes, sir. – Wanna marry her?
-是的 先生 -确实 你是我欣赏的那种人
– Yes, sir. – That’s the way. You’re my kind of man.
你有抱负有想法 又年轻又英俊 但是..
You got ambition, ideas, youth. And the good looks to go with them too. But…
却在鸡尾酒吧工作
…working in a cocktail bar.
当然 我不怪你 这不是你的错
Of course, I don’t blame you. It’s not your fault.
这样的小镇盛不下有野心的人
A town like this got no elbow room for a go-getter.
一个有前途的人 在这里是没有出路的
No opportunity for a man who’s going places.
是的 但是体育用品的巴纳比先生
Yeah, but Mr. Barnaby, you know, sporting goods?
他答应给我一份推销员的工作
He promised me this job as a salesman in promotional sales.
小人物
Small potatoes.
让我告诉你 小伙子
Let me tell you something, laddie.
这里是美国
This here is America.
今天你是无名小卒
Today you’re nobody…
明天你就会成为大人物
…tomorrow you’re somebody.
但你要敢想 敢做 才能出人头地
But you got to think big, act big, and you’ll be big.
我可以自己给你安排 但是
Now, I could set you up myself, but…
不 先生 我不想那样
No, sir. I wouldn’t want that.
就是这样
That’s the way.
你是我喜欢的那种人 小伙子
You’re my kind of man, laddie.
在这个世界上 只有一个领奖处
In this world, there’s only one payoff window.
第一 获胜者 成功
Number one, the winner, success.
现在 这可以是你
Now, that can be you.
但是一个有目标的人
But a man who’s going places…
需要一个可以攀登的地方
…he needs a place where he can climb, bust out.
像纽约这样的地方 现在 这是一张去那里的票
A place like New York. Now, this here is the ticket that’ll get you there.
火车今晚9:40出发 今晚
Train leaves at 9:40 tonight. This night.
我把这100美元押在你身上 小伙子
I’m betting this $ 100 on you, laddie…
你会回到圣克劳德 高高在上
…that you come back to St. Cloud number one, riding high on the hog.
怎么样 小伙子
Well, laddie.
但是海文丽 她知道吗?
But Heavenly, does she know?
她让我祝你好运 一路顺风
She told me to wish you luck and Godspeed.
我知道 但我想和她谈谈 先生 我们有很多计划
Well, I know, but I wanna talk to her, sir. We made a lot of plans.
我差点忘了
I plumb forgot.
海文丽和诺妮姨妈今天早上去新奥尔良
Heavenly and Aunt Nonnie left for New Orleans this morning…
乘船去欧洲了
…taking a boat for Europe.
别忘了她
Don’t you go forgetting her, now.
保持联♥系♥ 小伙子 听到了吗?
You keep in touch, laddie, you hear?
韦恩先生
Mr. Wayne.
韦恩先生
Mr. Wayne!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!