Sophia that’s greek you know it’s means to know
来自希腊语中的索菲娅 意思是“求知”
i’ll keep that in mind
我会记住的
but she’s got a boyfriend
但是她有男朋友了
no she doesn’t sure she does
她没有 她真的有
lots of ’em, they’re in here everyday she flirts with them constantly
有好多呢 天天都来这儿 她老跟他们调情
no she would’ve told me if she were involved with some one
不 如果她和别人在一起 她会告诉我的
why? why what?
为什么 什么为什么
why would she have told you?
她为什么要告诉你
because she would have wanted me to know we are close you know
因为她想让我知道 我们很亲密
how close? close
多亲密?就是亲密
do you sleep together? no not yet
上♥床♥了?没 还没
so you’re just friends
那就只是朋友啰
we’re a little bit more than friends
比朋友更亲密一点
Jude you’re deluding yourself
裘德 你这是自欺欺人
you don’t know anything about it
你什么也不知道
a man’ll throw all his heart won wisdom toss away years of acquired knowledge
一个男人 抛弃满心的智慧 扔掉经年累积的知识
all for what? a pretty face
为了什么?就为了一张漂亮脸蛋
well what is all your diligent cynicism and
呵 那你孜孜不倦地愤世嫉俗
years of intellectual inquiry gotten you huh?
经年累月地智性探索 又给你带来了什么
a job in a bookstore
一份书店的工作
peace of mind what?
心灵的祥和 什么
or at least something approximating peace of mind
至少是与之相近的某种东西
you don’t live in the real world henry you live in books and ideas
亨利 你不是活在现实世界 你活在书籍和观念里
you’re a victim of theoretical abstraction
你是理论抽象的受害者
hey i struggle with my demons as much as you
嘿 我跟你一样 也在和魔鬼作斗争
but are they really demons?
可它们真的是魔鬼吗
all distractions are demons
一切消遣都是魔鬼
you know my biggest fear is this
你知道吗 我最大的恐惧就是
that all my hard work all my good intentions
我所有的辛勤工作 所有的好心好意
all my studying have been nothing more than
所有的学习研究 都不过是在我与生活之间
building of a wall between me and life
筑起了壁垒
exactly what?
正是如此 什么
you must withdraw from life
你必须脱离生活
don’t be stupid i wanna embrace life
别犯蠢 我想要拥抱生活
to know about life sometimes you have step away from it
要理解生活 有时需要抽身而出
oh yeah? listen to this
是吗?听这个
‘yet, every now and then, there would pass a young girl,
“不过时不时的 人们可以看见一个美丽的年轻姑娘走过
slender, fair and desirable, arousing in young men a not ignoble desire to possess her,
高高的个子 一路上引起了年轻人的大胆希望
and stirring in old men regrets for ecstasy not seized and now forever past”
引起了老年人对温柔生活的惋惜”
he is quiet yet opinionated
他沉默寡言而又固执己见
powerful but shy
刚毅而又羞涩
i need new clothes
我得买♥♥新衣服了
thoughtful and impetuous
体贴而又莽撞
i hate this video i like this song
我讨厌这段录像 我喜欢这首歌♥
the lead singer is hot
主唱很帅
he looks mean and insensitive
他看起来又刻薄又麻木
do you think i should make my hair blonde?
你觉得我应该去把头发染成金色吗
not until summer
夏天再说吧
i wanna lose weight
我想减肥
is Marguerite Duras a lesbian?
玛格丽特·杜拉斯是女同性恋吗
god i hope Mark calls me back
老天保佑马克回我电♥话♥
he is solemn despite himself
他很严肃 尽管不是出于本意
reckless and hell bent
不顾一切 一往无前
frightened of his own carelessness
草率到自己都害怕
that’s a paradox
真是个悖论
hello? get outta here
嗨 出去
it’s my mother
是我妈妈
how are you?
你还好吗
Jude?
裘德?
i’m a wreck
我废了
excuse me?
什么
i’m excited too excited to sleep
我太兴奋了 兴奋到睡不着
where are you? on a street
你在哪儿 大街上
in town?
在城里?
i’ve been walking for hours
我转悠几个小时了
i had to walk, think i’m gonna walk all night
我只能这样 估计得转悠整个晚上
why don’t you come out and walk with me?
出来跟我一块走走吧
what’s come over you?
你怎么了
i can’t get you out of my head
我满脑子都是你
i’ll drive up to campus and pick you up we stay out all night
我开车到学校接你吧 我们一起在外面过夜
i can’t why not?
我不行 为什么不行
i’ve got classes tomorrow i’ve gotta study
我明天还有课 得学习
so what! i wrote a poem for you
那又怎么样!我为你写了首诗
a poem?
诗?
yeah really?
对 真的吗?
yeah i was at a bar
嗯 在酒吧的时候
i was possessed, inspired beyond belief i grabbed a napkin
我像着了魔一样 灵感迸发 扯了张纸巾来写
scrolled it out in one huge burst of creativity
文思泉涌
beautiful poem really beautiful
很美的一首诗 真的很美
and then i spilled my bear on it and now i don’t remember how it went
后来我把啤酒洒在上面了 现在想不起来怎么写的了
meet me at the cafe in an hour
一个小时后咖啡馆见
Henry Jude
亨利 裘德
I’ve decided i’m joing the priesthood
我决定去做教士
you always say that when you’ve had too much to drink
你每次喝多了都这么说
yeah this time i mean it
这次我是认真的
what about your job at the bookstore?
那书店的工作怎么办
i got fired
我被开除了
jesus Henry monastery is probably just the place for you
老天 亨利 没准修道院真的适合你
think so?
你也这么觉得?
you are socially retarded
你是个社交白♥痴♥
i march to the beat of a different drum
我只是不走寻常路
you got any money?
还有钱吗
i don’t need money i got conviction
我用不着钱 我有信念
well here this will help sustain your conviction
给 这会帮你保持你的信念
you know Jude that’s your problem you don’t believe in anything
知道吗 裘德 你就有这个毛病 你什么都不信奉
that’s a problem?
这算毛病?
of course it is
当然算了
it seems to me the people who believe in things are the problem
我看有毛病的是那些有所信奉的人
how do you mean?
什么意思?
people who bomb embassies usually insist that they believe in things
炸大使♥馆♥的人常会强调自己有所信奉
rival terrorist organizations machine gun women and children in the supermarkets
恐♥怖♥主♥义♥组织将机♥枪♥对准超♥市♥里的妇孺
because they believe in things
因为他们有所信奉
elected officials shut down hospitals and then vote for
民选官员关停医院 投票支持
increases in the defence budget usually because believe in things
增加国防预算 通常是因为他们有所信奉
no i rather not believe in things
算了吧 我宁愿什么也不信奉
but what’s the alternative?
可还有其他选择吗
man can’t live without faith
人活着不能没有信仰
he can live without faith he can’t live without understanding
人活着可以没有信仰 但不能没有理解
faith comes after understanding
先有理解 才有信仰
and how do you suppose one gains understanding?
那你认为人怎样才能获得理解呢
through experience
通过经验
ah you wanna achieve spiritual end through materialist means
啊 你想要通过物质手段达到精神目的
that’s your problem
这就是你的毛病
Henry leave me alone you’re drunk
亨利 别烦我了 你喝醉了
you won’t listen to reason
你不听信理性
no i won’t listen to reason not tonight
我是不听信 尤其是今晚
but you must don’t try and stop me Henry
可你得听 别想拦着我了 亨利
you’ll never survive this
你不会如愿的
how do you know?
你怎么知道?
besides i don’t know if i want to
而且 我都不知道我是否想要如愿
are you okay?
你还好吗
i don’t know maybe i’ll never be the same again
我不知道 也许我再也不会是从前那个我了
but who cares?
但是谁在乎呢
kiss me
吻我
why did you tell your roommate it was your mother on the phone?
你为什么跟室友说电♥话♥那头是你妈
i told you why but it’s different now
我告诉过你为什么 但今非昔比
how is it different?
怎么今非昔比了?
it’s understood that you’re not here in order to get a better grade
我们都知道你不是为了成绩而来
isn’t?
不是吗
well yes it is
嗯