That means sugar.
那就是糖
I’m gonna move over to my salad shaker.
我要吃我的沙拉罐了
I feel a little sick to my stomach.
我的胃感觉有点不舒服
This is the best part of the day…
这是一天里最美好的时光…
When I get to be fat on the bed with my quart of coke.
我吃得饱饱的 在床上喝可乐
People eat out a lot,
人们经常外出用餐
And so if there aren’t healthy
如果在餐厅里
foods available at restaurants,
没有健康的食品
And there isn’t good nutrition information,
也没有好的营养信息
It makes eating out difficult.
那么外食就很有问题
Mcdonald’s says nutrition information
麦当劳称他们的所有食品
For all their products is available on-line,
在网上都可以查到营养信息
But according to the 2000 U.S. Census,
但根据2000年美国人口调查发现
More than half of all U.S. homes
有一半以上的美国家庭
Still don’t have internet access.
仍无法上网
So, what are these people supposed to do?
那么这些人群该怎么办呢
Go to the stores for nutrition information?
去店里获取营养信息吗
Is that information even there?
店里会有吗
I went to find out.
我要去看个究竟
Do you guys have any of the nutrition fact sheets?
你们有没有营养信息说明书
Do you guys have one of those?
你们有吗
The things that fold out and
你们有没有那种折叠的
have the nutrition info in them?
营养信息宣传纸呢
There aren’t any over there?
那边没有吗
Where would they be? Up front?
在哪呢 前面吗
But they got lots of info about “Dora the Explorer Live!”
倒是有很多《爱探险的朵拉》[卡♥通♥]的宣传呢
Let me check in the back.
我去后面看看
That’s cool. Thank you.
好的 谢谢
Just give me one second. I can’t find the booklet.
麻烦你等等 我还没找到宣传册
You can use the one right there on the wall.
你可以看看那边墙上贴的
But you don’t have ones you can take with you?
你们没有那种可携带的宣传纸吗
No.
没有
Do you guys have one on the wall?
你们的营养信息在墙上吗
They only have fliers now.
现在只有广♥告♥传♥单♥了
We had one before. They don’t put it up no more.
以前有的 但现在没挂上了
They don’t put it up anymore? Why not?
不再挂上了吗 为什么
I don’t know.
我不知道
Only half the Mcdonald’s in Manhattan had the nutrition info
在曼哈顿只有一半的麦当劳将营养信息
Posted on the wall,
张贴在墙上
Some had the takeaway nutrition charts,
有些有可携带的营养表
And one in four had no information whatsoever.
有四分之一的麦当劳压根就没有
This nice manager brought me the nutrition wall chart…
这个不错的经理从地下室里…
From the basement.
拿出了营养信息墙纸
You don’t have one that I could take with me,
你们没有可携带的营养单吗
Like a takeaway?
那种宣传纸
Do you know when you’ll have some of the paper once again?
你能告诉我你们什么时候才有吗
No.
我不知道
John Banzhaf and I looked all over this Mcdonald’s
John Banzhaf和我找遍了曼哈顿的
In Washington for any nutritional information,
这家麦当劳 看看有没有营养信息表
And then we found it.
我们终于找到了
Behind here… you’d never see it.
在这后面… 完全看不见
It’s right back there.
竟然在这后面
You can’t argue
毫无疑问
That people should exercise personal responsibility
人们都应履行他们的个人职责
And then not give them the information
但是你不能不给他们基准
On which to base it.
以供参照
I got my chicken group.
我买♥♥了”鸡肉组合”
There’s no chicken group.
根本不算鸡肉组合
That’s my cholesterol group.
那就算我的”胆固醇组合”吧
It’s protein.
这是蛋白质
I got my protein group.
我买♥♥了蛋白质组合
Carbohydrates.
还有碳水化合物
I got my meat group.
再加上肉的组合
You got meat, meat, sugar, and fat.
你拿了肉 肉 糖 和脂肪
I officially had to loosen my belt the other day.
几天前 我必须松掉我的皮带了
I had to go a notch lower.
不得不放宽一格了
One notch?
一格
One notch. It was scary.
一格 太恐怖了
I’m an old pro at this now.
现在我也是个老手了
You’ll get sick of this, too, though.
你也会厌倦的
Your girlfriend must be loving you.
你女朋友肯定很爱你
She hates me.
她很讨厌我
Thank you. Bye-bye.
谢谢了 再见
I averaged out all the calories
我算出了你过去九天里
for the last nine days,
摄取的总热量
And you’re still eating
但是你还是继续在吃
Over 200% of what your needs are.
多摄取了超过一倍的热量
I suggest you cut out all the liquids
我建议你从此不要再喝
That you’re drinking from Mcdonald’s,
麦当劳所售的所有饮料
Except for water.
除了水以外
A lot of people, who loose 10% of their obese,
多数人能藉此减掉他们过多的10%脂肪
And they lose 10% of their body weight,
然后减少10%的体重
It’s beneficial.
这样是有益健康的
It can be beneficial in terms of blood pressure and so on,
这样会对血压等有好处
So gaining 10% of your body weight
如果增加10%的体重
Maybe could be equally non-beneficial.
可以说是对身体完全没有好处
Here we go. Second weigh-in.
好了 第二次称体重
What do you think, Eric? 203?
你觉得怎么样 Eric 92公斤[203磅]
About 202, 203.
大概是202 203磅[92公斤]的样子
I think you almost got 10% of your body weight gained,
我想你已经增加了10%的体重
So you’ve pretty much gained 17 pounds
你差不多增了7.5公斤[17磅]
In 12 days.
仅仅在12天里
You better slow down.
你最好注意了
I’m telling you, don’t drink your calories.
我跟你说 别再喝高热量的东西了
I told him no more shakes,
我告诉过他别再喝奶昔
No more coke, no more double burgers.
别喝可乐 别吃双层汉堡了
The staff here’s calling you “burger boy.”
这里的员工都叫你”汉堡男”了
It’s starting to get dangerous now, man.
你有危险了 伙计
I’m getting nervous for you.
我都为你担心了
The one place where the impact of our fast-food world
有一个地方 受到快餐行业的冲击
Has become more and more evident is in our nation’s schools.
越来越明显 那就是我们的学校
Can I get a shot of your lunch right there?
我能拍你吃的什么午餐吗
This is where schools turn a blind eye.
学校就这样睁一只眼闭一只眼
The student with the French fries
这个点了薯条的孩子
Probably brought a bag lunch with real food.
可能还带了午餐便当过来
The girl with the chips
吃这些零食的孩子
Is probably sharing them with someone else.
可能会和其他人一起分享
Out of sight, out of mind.
反正也看不见 他们也就置之不理了
Barbara Brown is the field representative for Sodexho,
Barbara Brown是索迪斯集团的地区代表
one of the countless lowest bidders
从无数竞标者中脱颖而出
That school districts have farmed out
以最低的价格承包校区食堂
The feeding of your children to.
为孩子们提供餐饮服务
Sodexho services more than 400 k-12 school districts
索迪斯集团每天为全国400多所
Nationwide every day,
12年制校区提供服务
Providing quality food like Little Debbie snack cakes,
他们专门为儿童提供优质食品
Gatorade, and candy bars to your children.
如Little Debbie牌的小蛋糕 佳得乐和糖果棒
They also operate prisons
他们也在监狱提供餐饮服务
And feed thousands of inmates worldwide.
为全国成千上万的囚犯们提供食品
Part of our position is
我们的定位
that we’re hoping that through nutrition education,
是希望通过营养教学
The students will learn to make the right food choices
能使学生在不受严格限制购买♥♥的条件下
Without restricting what they can purchase.
学会正确地选择健康食品
At this middle school in Beckley, West Virginia,
在西弗吉尼亚州 贝克利的的这所中学里
The school lunches don’t have the flair they do in Illinois.
不像伊利诺斯州的那所学校
This school does not outsource their food service,
这所学校没有外包他们的餐饮服务
But they are on the Federal School Lunch Program,
而是加入了联邦学校午餐计划
Providing USDA reimbursable meals to the students,
向学生提供美国农业部的再加工食品
Most of which are reheated, reconstituted packaged foods.
大多都是再加热 加水还原的包装食品
Some days the amount of calories in each meal tops 1,000.
有时候 每餐的卡路里突破了1000
So, the USDA sends this food
美国农业部送来这些食品