Felt like I was having heart palpitations.
我感觉有些心律不齐
Came up and walked around the living room.
就起来在客厅里走走
I was trying to get my breath back.
我尽量让自己正常呼吸
And, uh …I want to finish,
我想要善始善终
But I don’t want anything real bad to happen, either.
可我也不希望真导致什么严重后果
Your EKG(electrocardiogram) is normal.
你的心电图正常
Deep breath.
深吸一口气
And out.
呼出
Now, listen, I don’t have a ready explanation for your chest pain.
听着 我现在还没法解释你的胸痛
Would you at least consider taking aspirin once a day
你是否愿意在当前不良饮食期间
Now that you’re on this ridiculous diet?
至少每天服用一次阿司匹林
Maybe. I’ll think about it.
也许吧 我会考虑的
Why would you even think about it?
为什么你只是考虑
Why wouldn’t you just do it?
而不按照我的建议去做呢
This is really — you know —
这简直是 你知道
You saw these numbers, right?
你看到这些数值了 对吧
These numbers are absolutely outrageous.
这些检测项目的数值严重超标了
For the first time, we’re seeing uric acid elevated,
我们第一次看到尿酸值在升高
So you’re giving yourself hyperuricemia,
这将引起高尿酸血症
And the danger of hyperuricemia is gout, kidney stones.
高尿酸血症的危害在于引发痛风和肾结石
The results for your liver are obscene
对你肝脏造成的影响
Beyond anything I would have thought.
将不堪设想
Truly.
确实如此
I mean…you know that movie “Death In Las Vegas” —
我是说… 你看过电影《远离赌城》吧
Nicolas cage, that pickled his liver
尼古拉斯·凯奇主演的 他在拉斯维加斯
During the course of a few weeks in las vegas.
连续酗酒好几周 用酒精折磨他的肝脏
I would never have thought you could do the same thing
我完全想象不到
With a high-fat diet.
你竟用高脂食物如法炮制
My advice to you, as a physician,
作为一个医生 我给你的建议是
Is that you’ve got to stop pickling your liver.
你不要再折磨自己的肝脏了
And you’re kicking it while its down now.
器官开始恶化时 你就得戒掉高脂食物
Now it’s down, and you’re kicking it further.
现在恶果已经产生 你就更得下决心了
I mean, if you were an alcoholic,
同样的道理 假如你是个酒鬼
I’d say, “you’re gonna die.
我现在会说 你离死不远了
You keep drinking, you’ll die.”
你再喝酒的话 会没命的
If the pain starts to radiate to your jaw or down your arm,
如果疼痛扩散到下颌或手臂
That’s life-threatening, and immediately so.
势必会危及生命 并且很快会发展到那一步
So I need to hear about that,
所以我奉劝你悉遵医嘱
or you need to call 911.
否则你就需要拨急救电♥话♥了
All right?
就这样吧
Hi, sweetheart.
嗨 亲爱的
How are you?
你怎么样
I’m good. I’m worried about you.
我很好 我就是担心你
Yeah.
别担心
I had no idea this was gonna be such a dangerous experiment.
我真不知道这实验会这么危险
Yeah.
是呀
I don’t think anybody did.
我想没有人愿意尝试
The doctor didn’t even think it was gonna be this drastic.
连医生都没料到情况会如此糟糕
He’s floored by it.
他都被难倒了
And, um…he doesn’t know what will happen.
他不知道继续下去会发生什么
He says, “listen, I have no idea.”
他说 听着 我一筹莫展了
But he said that if I am feeling bad or feeling anything,
但是他说如果我感觉难受或者其他异样
To page him,
立刻通知他
And he’ll admit me immediately wherever I am.
不论我身处何处他都会马上来救治我
Oh, sweetheart.
哦 亲爱的
Yeah.
我在听
I love you so much, and I don’t want you to be hurt.
我是如此爱你 我不想你受到伤害
Yeah, me either.
我知道 我和你一样
Me either.
一样
I’ll tell you — if you start to get nauseous
我要告诉你 如果你开始感觉恶心
And you start vomiting and your eyes turn yellow,
呕吐 并且你的眼睛开始变黄
You have got to go to the emergency room,
你就必须要去急诊室了
No matter where you are. Ok
无论你在什么地方 好的
Again, if you’re not keeping food down
还有 如果你进食困难
Or you’re feeling sick to your stomach —
或者你的胃感觉难受
It looks like your liver-function tests are getting worse.
好像你的肝功能检测结果并不乐观
My suggestion would be to stop the diet Ok
我建议你最好停止高脂饮食 好的
And go back to eating a lower-fat diet,
开始重归低脂食物
Rechecking the blood tests in a couple of weeks.
几周之后再去验个血
Nobody needs to be partisan about this issue.
我们并不是要人们盲目推崇这个法案
We need fixes, we need remedies, and we need support.
我们需要修改 完善 还有支持
How much influence on government legislators
食品工业对政♥府♥立法委员
Does the food industry have?
有多大的影响力
The food industry is an enormous business in the united states.
食品工业在美国经济中占有重要地位
Therefore, it employs very expensive
因此它花大价钱
And well-paid lobbyists,
聘用说客
And those lobbyists are in Washington for two purposes —
这些在华盛顿活动的说客主要有两个目的
Number one, to make sure that no government agency ever says,
其一 保证政♥府♥各机构不会建议
“eat less of the company’s products.”
“减少食用某公♥司♥的食品”
Number two —
其二
That the government never passes legislation that is unfavorable.
保证政♥府♥不会通过对其食品不利的法案
And I guess the third one is to encourage the government
并且我觉得还有第三点 就是鼓励政♥府♥
To pass favorable legislation.
审议通过对其食品有利的法案
The GMA is one of those lobbies.
食品加工协会就是是业界说客之一
You’re going to see us do what we do best,
你想了解我们在哪些方面最在行
And that is market appropriately,
主要是做适当的市场推广
Finance education programs,
赞助教育项目
As we’re doing in a great abundance,
正如我们现在做大量工作
Getting good information out to parents
为家长提供优质信息
So we can solve the problem.
我们有能力处理各种问题
That’s what we do in the food industry.
这就是我们在食品业做的工作
We think that is a responsible, important role to play.
我们觉得自己扮演的角色责任重大
We are not police. We are not regulators.
我们不是警♥察♥ 也不是监管机构
We provide a safe, affordable abundance of food
我们提供安全 经济的食物
Like the world has never seen.
都是人们前所未见的
The food industry and the broadcasters
食品工业联合大众媒体
Are extremely powerful lobbies,
成为了业界最有影响力的说客
And …they outgun us.
因此… 他们的实力远超我们
The industry has stepped up to the plate.
某个行业若取得了成功
We’re going to do more. We want to do more.
我们势必要做更多工作 也愿意如此
We recognize we have a role to play.
因为我们很清楚自己在业界的重要性
We’re part of the solution.
我们是解决方案的一部分
We’re part of the problem,
我们构成了问题的一部分
And we also are part of the solution.
同时我们也参与解决问题
Did everyone hear what he just said?
大家听到他刚才说什么了吗
“we’re part of the problem.”
“我们构成了问题的一部分”
The lobbyist for coke, heinz,
这家为可口可乐 亨氏
smucker’s, kellogg’s, nestl?
盛美家 家乐氏 雀巢
Kraft, hershey’s, sara lee, cadbury, general mills,
卡夫 荷氏 沙拉李 吉百利 通用磨坊
Seagram, welch’s, wise, anheuser-busch, birds eye,
施格兰 韦尔奇 怀斯 安海斯-布♥什♥ 博斯埃
Lance, campbell’s, carvel, mars,
兰斯 坎贝尔 凯胜 玛尔斯
Ocean spray, hormel, dannon, and pepsi
优鲜沛 荷美尔 达能跟百事充当说客的单位
Said, “we’re part of the problem.”
说 “我们构成了问题的一部分”
I think we’re making some headway.
我觉得我们有点进展了
Good afternoon. Media line.
下午好 这里是媒体专线
Yeah, I wanted to speak to somebody
你好 我想找负责人
About scheduling an interview with Jim Cantalupo.
安排时间给Jim Cantalupo先生做个访问
I can take the information
我记一下你的联♥系♥方式
And have somebody get back to you.
稍后会有负责人和你联♥系♥
Good morning. Media line.
早上好 这里是媒体专线
I wanted to speak to someone about scheduling an interview.
我要和负责安排访问的人通话
I can take the information
我记一下你的联♥系♥方式
And have somebody get back to you.
稍后会有负责人和你联♥系♥
I pledge allegiance to the flag
我宣誓效忠于美国国旗
of the united states of america,
我们的国家在
For which it stands, one nation, under god, indivisible,
上帝保佑之下 独♥立♥自主 不可分割
With liberty and justice for all.
人人享有自♥由♥并受到公平待遇
One more time.
再来一次
Yeah, what did you do?
你说的是什么
I said it. What were you doing?
我说的没错 你说的是什么