It’s hard for me to watch him go through this,
看着他经受这些 我真的很不忍♥心
I got to tell you.
我不得不说
I worry about his health.
我很担心他的健康
He’s exhausted by the end of the day, just so tired.
每天晚上他都筋疲力尽 非常疲倦
He gets home really late from work,
他工作到很晚才回家
And he gets all jacked up on sugar and caffeine,
工作期间靠糖和咖♥啡♥因♥提神
And then he crashes.
回家就累瘫了
And then when we do have sex, I got to tell you,
当我们做♥爱♥时 我不得不说
He’s not quite as energetic as he used to be.
没有以前那么精力旺盛了
I have to be on top.
我必须在上面
Otherwise, he, uh…
否则 他…
You know, he gets tired easily.
他真的很容易疲软
I think the saturated fats
我认为饱和脂肪
Are starting to impede the blood flow to his penis,
已开始阻碍血液流向阴♥茎♥
And he’s having a hard time, you know, getting it up.
他已经很难做到金枪不倒
He does, totally.
还好还能勃起
It’s still good,
还不错
But it’s definitely a big difference.
但的确是大不一样
There’s definitely a difference.
大不相同
I can tell.
我能感觉到
I feel horrible today.
今天感觉很糟
My headache’s coming back again.
我又开始头疼了
It feels like somebody’s yanking
像有人在猛拉
on the tendons behind my eyes.
我眼睛后面的神经
My body …officially hates me.
我的身体… 吃不消了
All the vitamins that you see here —
看这里 所有的维生素
Vitamin e, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and so on —
维生素E 维生素B1 B2 烟碱酸 等等
Are all under 50% of what you need.
都不足人体所必须含量的一半
You’re getting quite a lot of carbohydrates,
你摄入了大量的碳水化合物
And I know, clearly, that those
我清楚地知道 那些
are all refined carbohydrates
都是精制的碳水化合物
Because those are coming from
因为来自小圆面包
the buns, biscuits, hashbrowns.
热松饼 土豆煎饼
And the sugar —
还有糖
Let’s not forget the most refined carbohydrate of all,
别忘了最精制的碳水化合物
Which is coming from your milkshakes and your coke.
来自你所吃的奶昔和可乐
In fact, there are only seven items
事实上 麦当劳的菜单上
On the McDonald’s menu that contain no sugar whatsoever —
不含任何糖的只有七项
French fries, chicken mcnuggets, hashbrowns, sausage,
薯条 麦乐鸡 土豆煎饼 腊肠
Diet coke, coffee, and iced tea.
无糖可乐 咖啡和冰茶
Everything else — even the salads — contain sugar.
其它的 即使是沙拉 也含糖
I’m telling you — 202.
告诉你吧 91公斤[202磅]
I lost a pound!
减了一磅
Oh, thank god.
感谢上帝
Muscle weighs more than fat.
肌肉比脂肪重
You might have lost some muscle mass
你可能是减少了肌肉质量
and gained some fat mass.
而增加了脂肪量
I lost a pound. Let’s go get something to eat.
减了一磅 我们去弄点吃的吧
I was feeling bad in the car — feeling like shit, really.
我在车里觉得不舒服 感觉糟透了 真的
I was feeling really, really… sick and unhappy.
感觉真的很不舒服 郁闷
I started eating.
开始吃东西后
I feel great.
感觉好多了
I feel really good now.
现在真的好多了
I feel so good, it’s crazy.
感觉很好 太疯狂了
Isn’t that right, baby?
不对吗 宝贝
Yeah, you’re crazy, all right.
是的 你很疯狂 没错
150 over 90.
血压150/90
The headaches might even be hypertensive headaches,
头疼可能是高血压导致的
But they’re probably not.
也可能不是
They’re probably related to blood sugar.
也可能和血糖有关
You might be in this hyperinsulinemic state.
你或许处于高胰岛素状态
150 over 110.
血压150/110
Your total cholesterol was 165 before.
你的胆固醇指标以前是165
Now it’s 225.
现在是225
A liver that’s inflamed in any way or sick in any way
只要肝脏有点发炎症状或病变症状
Will leak some of its enzymes out to the blood.
就会向血液释放一些酶
So this is very nonspecific,
这是非特异性症状
But it means the liver is sick,
但也意味着肝脏发生了病变
And the most likely cause of your liver sickness
你最有可能的患上的肝病
Is a fatty liver.
是脂肪肝
Your liver is now like butter.
你的肝脏现在像块奶油
SGOT was originally 21.
谷草转氨酶原来是21
Now it’s… 130.
现在是… 130
And SGPT was originally 20.
谷丙转氨酶原来是20
Now it’s 290, a more than tenfold increase.
现在是290 增长了超过十倍
Not good, not good, not good.
情况不好 不好 不好
Anybody would say right now that you’re sick.
任何人都会说你生病了
If you’re fatigued with this,
如果你觉得疲劳
You’ll feel lethargic with this,
会觉得无精打采
You’ll feel run-down with this.
觉得浑身乏力
If somebody were doing this to their liver with alcohol,
如果有人用酒精这样对待肝脏
They could theoretically wipe out all the liver cells
理论上会杀死所有的肝细胞
And they’d be in liver failure.
就会肝功能衰竭
I’ve never heard of anybody doing this to their liver
我从没听说有人用高脂食物
With a high-fat diet, but I guess anything’s poss–
这样虐待自己的肝脏 什么后果都有可能
I don’t know. I can’t answer the question.
不知道 我无法回答此问题
Never been done before.
以前从没见过
No one’s ever wiped out their liver
没人用高脂食物
With a high-fat diet before.
这样虐待过肝脏
And I won’t wipe out my liver in two more weeks?
不会就这么两周 我的肝脏就不行了吧
I would think it would be unlikely.
我觉得应该是不可能
I don’t want to tell you, you wouldn’t.
但也没法跟你确保你一定没事
My advice to you is to stop doing what you’re doing,
我给你的建议是停止目前的试验
Because it’s hurting you.
因为你正在伤害自己
You’re sick, and you’re making yourself sick,
你生病了 是你让自己生病的
And you can make yourself unsick
你可以通过停止试验
By stopping doing what you’re doing.
不再让自己生病
I’m just afraid there will be something
我只是害怕
That’s totally irreversible,
对你所造成的这些伤害
That there will be some damage done that…
将会是无法挽回的
Yeah. I don’t know.
是啊 我不知道
So, do they think that once you change your habits
这么说 他们认为一旦你改变习惯
That that’s going to correct itself.
身体就能恢复过来吗
They think that everything should get back on track
一旦试验完成 他们认为一切都该
Once this is done.
回到正轨上来
Your liver — I’ve been doing some reading – –
你的肝脏… 我看了些相关资料
Your liver is very resilient, and your liver heals itself.
你的肝脏很有活力 能自我痊愈
Well, if you need a portion of my liver, honey,
如果需要我的部分肝脏 亲爱的
You can have it.
尽管拿去
I’ll give up part of my liver for you.
我会给你捐肝的
Thanks, mom. Thanks.
谢谢 妈妈 谢谢
There’s a drug that is used in emergency rooms
有种在急诊室使用的药品
called naloxone.
叫做纳洛酮
It’s used for heroin overdose.
用于治疗过量吸食海♥洛♥因♥
A guy comes in overdosed on heroin, comatose.
有人过量吸食海♥洛♥因♥ 陷入昏迷
He’s gonna die.
快要死了
You inject him with this drug,
就给他注射这种药
And it blocks the opiate receptors in the brain.
它能阻滞大脑中的鸦♥片♥受体
Heroin doesn’t work. He wakes up.
海♥洛♥因♥失效 他就醒了过来
If I give that same drug to a real chocolate addict,
如果把同种药物给巧克力上瘾者
A person just shoveling it in,
一个大口吃巧克力的人
You find the most amazing thing —
你会发现最令人惊奇的事
They lose much of their interest in chocolate.
他们失去了对巧克力的大部分兴趣
They take a bite, they set it back down.
开始小口吃 之后放到一边
In other words, it’s not taste and mouth feel.
换言之 不是味道和嘴的感觉
It’s a drug effect of the food within the brain
是药品影响了大脑对食物的需求
That keeps us coming back again and again.
一次次地帮我们清醒过来
You’re saying that your mood goes up
你是说 当你开始吃东西时
Once you start eating.
就感觉情绪高涨
Lately, every time I eat, I feel 100% better.
最近每次吃东西 都感觉百分百地好